[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
John Oliver at work
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
>sitting at work
>hear "john oliver did a really funny bit on it last night"
>listen to two coworkers talk about some shitty bit he did
>they laugh at it when they say some shitty quote from it
So do I need to kill them all?

No, not for real, NSA. Calm down.

Also: anyone know what year it is? I don't usually make threads on this faggot but this actually happened a few minutes ago.
>>
The show is legit funny at times, I don't agree with most/nearly all he says but he does put on a good show.

Fans of the show are fucking stupid and cringy though.
>>
No.
And it is the year MMXV.
>>
>>55916835
All of my coworkers love this kek. We were sitting around eating lunch the other day and they start saying how funny he is and how great of a reporter he is. I started to say how he's an idiot that just makes retarded analogies and declares that it's the current year to defend any liberal opinion and demonize conservatives but my coworkers' scouters started going off so I toned it down.
>>
>>55917081
Doing [something "shocking"] in the year 2015 is like [something "funny" that would never happen].

There, I summed John Oliver's garbage show for you.
>>
>>55916835
>Sisters show me clip of his show
>LOL REPUBLICANS ARE DUMB
>Howls of laughter
>There is no more to the joke
>>
"you think he is funny? i mean it is 2015. it is actually almost 2016 and you think he is funny?" - op
>>
But Anon he is the voice of our generation.
>>
>>55917206
DICO SEQUERE ME!
>>
File: currentyeartimetellingman.jpg (362 KB, 1911x1071) Image search: [Google]
currentyeartimetellingman.jpg
362 KB, 1911x1071
>>55916835
>John Oliver's sense of humor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n9FZqmzgxM
>>
>>55917333
Eh it's still better then most shows over here, no clue about what you norwegians have on TV but I imagine that your situation is kind of like denmarks.

And honestly the big topics are usually cringeworthy to listen to, some of the small segments are good however.
>>
>>55916835
Mehh it can be fun, its super biased but you know..
>>
>>55917585
Kek, nice vid, anon. That second round of americlapping sounded straight out of a show like Married With Children (inb4 it was)
>>
File: oliver_a[1].jpg (42 KB, 349x466) Image search: [Google]
oliver_a[1].jpg
42 KB, 349x466
It's overwritten garbage.

First off, the jokes are shopworn, they're constant analogies with pop culture references so stupid people feel like they're hip.

>Letting [politician I don't like] handle [any policy] is like letting DARTH VADER run your MICRO BREWERY.
You could write any Oliver joke yourself. Take one part current event, add a dash of liberal snark, tack on a completely unrelated but easily identifiable pop culture reference, blend until meaningless, and serve in an exasperated tone of voice.

And the breathless delivery is grating, the constant "I cannot believe the things I'm saying are true" inflection to all his statements are just wearying.

Jon Stewart did the same "wow, I can't believe my political opponents are so out of touch, guise, it's embarrassing for them" horseshit. With some eye rolling and fake laughs he got his point across. But this clown goes overboard with the "ITS 2015, COME ON, TWO THOUSAND FIF TEEEEEEN, WHY DONT YOU JUST ACCEPT EVERY LEFTIST IDEA INSTANTLY BECAUSE ITS TWO OH ONE FIVE????"

Thankfully he's on the back end of HBO so the advertising money will dry up soon and he'll have to fend for himself for viewers. You'll see less youtube links (those are paid for) and you'll hear less about him as he fades away.
>>
>>55918416
Pretty good summation of both of those clowns.

I can't believe I actually used to watch them too. Waking up really makes you disgusted with your past self.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.