[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's assume for a moment that abortion is morally wrong.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: thisguyslapsyourgfsass.jpg (111 KB, 600x428) Image search: [Google]
thisguyslapsyourgfsass.jpg
111 KB, 600x428
Let's assume for a moment that abortion is morally wrong. At what stage does preventing the birth of a child become ok?

Is using the morning after pill ok?

What about condoms?

Is masturbation ok? That glob of semen you leaked onto your moms kitchen tile floor has sperm in it which could have fertilized an egg.

What about doing nothing? The sperm in your body dies after 2 and a half months, that's wasted potential too.

How about an egg cell that's discarded before it's fertilized?

Please don't use "muh fingernails" or "but it haz a hart!!1!!" as an argument. All of the above methods would create a life just the same as the sea monkey growing in a womb.
>>
I am more or less pro choice but you can't compare a developing embryo with jerking off into a sock.
>>
>>55910252

bible says that jerking off isn't fine because of what you just said

that said, does that i refrain from going to sadpanda?

fuck no, because back when the bible was made arranged marriage was a thing guaranteeing a target for impregnation

i take a pro-choice stance in regards to the actual aborting of the baby
>>
Let's assume abortion is morally acceptable. At what point does it become unacceptable to kill a baby? The moment it slides out of the vagina?
>>
>>55911222
Why not? It's wasted potential. When someone doesn't do something constructive with their life it's wasted potential. Why should this be different?
>>
>>55910252
>let me tell you about your opinion thats not compatible according to my opinion
>>
>>55911496
Are you 12, retarded or just pretending to be one of the two?
>>
>>55911496

by that logic all the sperm that lost to the race into the egg are wasted potential.

sperm is meant to die like crazy
>>
>>55911894
Explained to me why I'm twelve. I'm legitimately trying to come to a conclusion on this
>>
We are not at clones right stage yet so...

Since conception i would say is morally wrong
I would be ok if all rights were aknowleged to the extreme, i really want to own a gun and shot some negros here
>>
>>55910252
The morning after pill is the only thing you listed that impedes the development of a child. Zygote =/= gamete. Sperm and eggs are gametes, a fertilized egg is a zygote, and now a unique person.. Do school not teach biology and mitosis and meiosis anymore?
>>
>>55912195
I'm talking about the potential for life. Is doing something that prevents the process of life being created just as bad as preventing that process after it's started? The Right in America claims All Life is Precious, would that extend to the conditions that create life?
>>
>>55912513
I can't speak for anyone else but in my mind there is a clear distinction in your examples listed the change from two separate entities that lack a complete genomic set and one that has combined, and is a unique genetic set. I don't think doing something that prevents the formation of a new life and something that ends that life are in any way comparable. Abortion is a moral issue, jerking it or using a condom or copper ring or some other control is not.
>>
>>55910252
I'm in favor of all birth control and abortions because we need less people on Earth, not more
>>
>>55910252
Chastity is a virtue.
Lust is a deadly sin.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.