[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So why should I support Assad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 13
File: 1406438383173s.jpg (8 KB, 231x240) Image search: [Google]
1406438383173s.jpg
8 KB, 231x240
So why should I support Assad?
>>
before terrorists that are sponsored from outside countries starting fucking shit up, he ruled a stable county with access to higher education, an extremely low murder rate and was a great place for Westerners to visit
>>
>>55905159

Because /pol/ loves sociopathic autocrats who torture and murder their own subjects.
>>
>>55905159
Because he's a just leader trying to be deposed by completely illegal means.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
How can he be trusted. Read the article. This is 13% admitting without using taqqiya. Prolly more like 25%. So that leaves 50,000 potential Isis sympathizes through 2016.

Anyone that supports this is plain and simply a traitor and is hell bent on Killling Americans. You cannot refute this. The kicker is the number one man in the world wants this. Why?

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/110415-779192-poll-13-of-syrian-refugees-support-isis.htm
>>
>>55905994
Nobody gives a fuck about Americans getting killed.

That only happens when you walk on other people's turf uninvited.

You're safe over there. Nothing's happened since your beloved "9/11".
>>
File: 1331717875722.png (437 KB, 712x540) Image search: [Google]
1331717875722.png
437 KB, 712x540
>>55905159

>So why should I support Assad?

Because he's ultimately the lesser evil of the region and if he's taken out there would be a large power vacuum which would ultimately lead to either ISIS, Al-Nusra, or Islamic Front claiming victory only after more and more bloodshed. Assad, next to Gaddafi, were also some of the more secular states in the Middle East allowing minority religions (Christianity ect) to worship without being harassed.

>>55905494

That's funny seeing as how we fund, support, arm, and influence several majority Arab States that do just that. Who are we to accuse others?
>>
>>55906333
Are you joking?
>>
>>55906818

>we
>>
>>55905159
Because he will be the first person to survive the western game of toppling regimes in their favor.
He might be switched by some russian trained faggot, but he will definitely be a person to look up to if you are a sandnigger both muslim and christian.
>>
>>55906930
He's speaking as an American, puta
>>
>>55906818
>we

we
e

>_
>>
>>55907312

That goes for the UK and several European states senpai. I'm primarily speaking of Saudi Arabia senpai.
>>
>>55905159
Because he's a democratically elected, college educated, secular leader. He's pretty much the only one with those traits out of all Arab leaders ever.
>>
>>55907882
hes not democratically elected mate.
>>
>>55907999
Yes he is. Just because your country didn't allow Syrian citizens living in the US to cast votes in the election doesn't mean the rest of Syrians in and outside of the country didn't.
Unlike US, Serbia allowed voting to take place and many of us cast our votes for Bashar in the Syrian embassy in Belgrade.
>>
>>55905159
BASED
A
S
E
D
>>
>>55907999

maybe you're just arguing semantics but he absolutely was elected in an election that was deemed do be official by outside observers

and he has the wide support of the population out of the crazy hardline Sunnis who didn't want to live in such a secular country

that's not even the majority of Sunnis
there's a decent number fighting in Assad's army
>>
File: 1433104943403.png (753 KB, 500x703) Image search: [Google]
1433104943403.png
753 KB, 500x703
>>55905159

Well, I could tell you about how he is a authoritarian leader under whose leadership Syria was stable, mostly secular and better than the war torn shit hole islamist vision of Syria offered by Saudis mercenaries, but none of that matters.

You should support him simply because he is the rightful President, by all the Laws of Syria. Every wahhabist shit should bend the knee or be destroyed.
>>
>>55905379
My coworker from Aleppo says this too. He is Armenian and his familiy escaped the Turkish Genocide in Syria. He tells me the Assads made them safe and free to be Christians.. the so called rebels are nothing more than criminal gangs using Islam as an excuse to try and overthrow the duly constituted government.. Stability among nations can only endure when duly constituted governments are able to retain cohesive governance.. the US aid to rebels was a terribly grave wrong that has spawned isis and cost thousands of innocent lives and unleashed a flood of misery into Europe. I hope McCain and his gang rot in hell after they're hung for war crimes on the white house lawn.
>>
>>55908482

You really believe that they've actually counted the votes? Are you mad?

>>55908950

> election that was deemed do be official by outside observers

From Russia
>>
>>55905159

I just want to give you my honest opinion.

Assad isn't "good" but neither is the US/Western/Saudi backed opposition. There is no "good" side in this war, only the lesser "evil."

You should support Assad because he is the lesser evil. One of the main things, is that Syria, under his rule is a secular nation. Before the war, there were many Muslims, Christians, I believe even small Jewish minorities living in Syria generally peacefully. Plenty of tourists went there every year and returned safely, people had access to basic necessities, education, stuff like that. Everyday life in Syria was alright, compared to what we have now. Assad is firmly opposed to religious extremism, terrorist groups, and it's incredible that many people in the West don't realize that the USA is basically financing terrorists to remove Assad, obviously install their own leader and then fuck over the country for economic/business/political/military gain.

So you should support him because the alternative (him being killed at replaced by a puppet) is far much worse. Just look at what's going on in Libya. Under Gaddafi Libya was doing fine (I wouldn't want to live there, but compared to other African countries Libya under Gaddafi was one of the best). Now it's an even bigger shithole.
>>
>>55905159
Do you have a better alternative?
>>
File: 000_Nic6460864-541x357.jpg (59 KB, 541x357) Image search: [Google]
000_Nic6460864-541x357.jpg
59 KB, 541x357
>>55905159
>>
File: 00-hezbollah-01-11-06-15.jpg (256 KB, 1000x650) Image search: [Google]
00-hezbollah-01-11-06-15.jpg
256 KB, 1000x650
>>55909266
>>
File: 00-hezbollah-05-11-06-15.jpg (170 KB, 800x960) Image search: [Google]
00-hezbollah-05-11-06-15.jpg
170 KB, 800x960
>>55909293
>>
>>55909346
>>
>>55905994
>number 1 man in the world
Yep, your flag checks out.
>>
File: hecx.jpg (50 KB, 592x474) Image search: [Google]
hecx.jpg
50 KB, 592x474
>>55909368
>>
>>55905159
Mulsim-majority nations are fundamentally incompatible with the concept of a secular democracy that protects minorities.

Secular despot is better than dethroning him and replacing him with a democratic government that inevitably transforms into a Muslim theocracy
>>
You shouldn't. He's an evil tyrant that stands against everything the free world is.

That being said USA had no place in those people's affairs and shouldnt have toppled him.
>>
File: sadq.jpg (103 KB, 614x307) Image search: [Google]
sadq.jpg
103 KB, 614x307
>>55909417
"BUT H-HE KILLS HIS O-OWN PEOPLE..."
>>
I find it amusing that people think that suddenly at this time in world history it's possible to rule any nation or group of people and do it "clean". As if everyone everywhere suddenly started agreeing on everything because life is so fucking amazing that all the problems just vanished.

Meanwhile in the real world deluded assholes want to create another failed state like Bosnia, because that worked so fucking well. Why not just accept that there are places in the world such as Middle East and Russia where the population can only be kept in check by a sometimes benevolent but always iron fist?

It's too late to support Assad. You should've supported Assad years ago and prevent the breakup of Syria, and soon Lebanon.
>>
>>55909542

there's no way in the world he'd still be in power if the people didn't support him

the outside world has done everything imaginable to demonize him and they still haven't bought it
>>
>>55909141
Why wouldn't they? Syria is a fully functional country in the safe zones protected by SAA. Utilities, government, schools, everything works. Why do you think they couldn't count the votes up. It's a few hours of work when Serbian elections take place, no reason to take more time in Syria.
>>55909426
I think you confused Bashar and Saddam.
>>
>>55909421
Oh shit best point I've read on /pol/ all [spoiler]my life[/spoiler]
>>
>>55909426

>Free world

What is the free world?
>>
>>55909788

>Why wouldn't they?

What do you think would happen is Assad lost?
>>
>>55909877
Hassan al-Nouri would become president.
>>
File: 1396380700880.jpg (37 KB, 400x320) Image search: [Google]
1396380700880.jpg
37 KB, 400x320
>>55909421

this
>>
>>55909946

I mean, what would happen to Assad.
>>
>>55909834

It's in his sick mind, obviously.
>>
>>55909968

probably similar to when Putin switched from president to prime minister

position changed but his power stayed the same
>>
>>55909968

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ee6_1319234557

This
>>
>>55909834
>>55909981
when the 2015s take control of your country
and isis takes control of our countries, only then will you appreciate the free world family members :^)
>>
>>55909968
He would return to work as a doctor like he always wanted to. Bashar didn't want to become a dictator, he was forced into it by his late father after his brother Bassel died in an accident.
>>
>>55910225

Do you really believe we live in a truly democratic society?
>>
>>55910139

Yeah, but then he wouldn't really "lose", would he.

>>55910147

This is the correct answer. This is why the voting is just for show.
>>
File: 1418059611653.jpg (9 KB, 230x252) Image search: [Google]
1418059611653.jpg
9 KB, 230x252
Assad is a dictator. The retards on here who praise him act like he is such a righteous man. He has kept his nation under a perpetual martial law for 30 years. If a government or official or policeman doesn't like you, you can be thrown away and tortured for the rest of your life with no charges laid against you. It's just proof that /pol/ has gone from people who genuinely care about the trampling of free speech to mindless stormfront faggots who just want a Nazi echo box.

THAT SAID, Assad provides a modicum of stability to Syria (if such a thing is possible). While it is reprehensible to call men such as Ghaddafi, Saddam, and Assad "good men", the unfortunate fact of the matter is that they kept the more radical and seditious elements of their populations in line through fear and terror. Now that many of these obstacles are gone, the West is finding itself at threat from these same seditious elements who have become intoxicated from the fumes of their victories in their homelands. If Assad falls, it will be one more morale boost for organizations such as ISIS, and one less barrier between us and them.

You should not "support" Assad (if you are someone who actually values liberty, at least). You also should not support the rebel groups in Syria. They would see their dictator overthrown and instead replaced with a dictator sympathetic cause. The inconvenient truth about the Middle East is that it is a forest fire, and like a forest fire, any direct intervention leads only to more death. We must quickly and aggressively stamp out the sparks and embers that make their way into Western society, but we must NOT fan the flames with our wasted breath. The Middle East is something that must be left to burn itself out. In 100 years, perhaps 200 or 300, Islam will have either finally resolved its inner conflicts and joined the world as a civilized religion like Christianity or Judaism, or it will not, and it, and its followers, will be lost to history.
>>
What is it about Arabs that they hate to be ruled by either religious nutjobs of authoritarian dictators? Why can't they accept democracy like civilized people?
>>
>>55906333
Muhammad please. Don't speak about things you don't understand. It's getting pretty bad over here.
>>
>>55910438
*have to be
>>
Has Assad commented on the Paris attacks yet?
>>
>>55910558
He said they were the natural result of France's foreign policy
>>
>>55910351
Obviously there are flaws but we're trying to fix them. Learn to appreciate some things you fucking edgelords
>>
File: America in a nutshell.jpg (39 KB, 728x490) Image search: [Google]
America in a nutshell.jpg
39 KB, 728x490
>>55910438

No offense mate, but maybe they don't want to become like Americans?

99% of American women are sluts, and a lot of you people are ruled by greed, selfishness and materialism.
>>
>>55910672

I appreciate the fact that Greece will be recolonized by Turks.
>>
>>55910653

Maybe the French should stop bombing ISIS and start bombing Assad, wonder what he would say then.
>>
>>55910420

Have you read any posts in this thread you fucking retard?
>>
>>55908482
you're right; the last election had multiple candidates. my bad
>>
No alternative.

There are moderate rebel groups but you'd have to be retarded to believe they would take power and not the extremist groups which are FAR larger and stronger.

It would just be another Mosadegh/Hussein/Gaddafi/Morsi which puts the country into worse tyranny/anarchy. Only a fool can take something bad, replace it with something worse, and say he fixed something bad.
>>
>>55910938

Pretty much. Why do these assholes never learn?
>>
>>55910680
Is degeneracy the automatic result of a representative form of government?
>>
kek baka desu senpai
>>
>>55911080

Only if that government supports capitalism.
>>
>>55910147
This isn't realistic. Khaddafi was overthrown in a violent revolution. We're talking about Bashar losing the elections.
Even Mubarak, who was much worse than Bashar only got 4 years in prison and cash fines.
>>
>>55910351
Hello Canadian friend. You have democratic elections you can vote in. You have uncensored access to the internet. You can openly speak and publish your opinions without fear of being thrown in jail or killed for them. You can parade in the streets telling the world how big of a fag you are (quite a big one) without fear of being beheaded. Try living in a country where these things aren't taken for granted, and you might start to appreciate it more.
>>
>>55911207

Just wait for the NATO invasion of Syria mate
>>
>>55911080

it'd be fine if the crazy Sunnis would just go off and live their own lives like the Amish
go do you

nah they want to take over and convert others
>>
Assad is a useful fellow who had a SECULAR government. He alone had the balls to kill radical Mudslimes. There was no serious refugee problem under Assad.

There are ZERO good people in the Middle East because their superstitons make them all enemies of progress. Assad should be supported in the fight against Daesh. Russia, not being stupid, is doing exactly that. Russia has lost a LOT more to Jihad than Amurrica.
>>
>>55910863
Don't get me wrong, my friend, I'm not saying the elections were perfect. The election law was modified to keep all the FSA traitors out of the race. It is still better than the single candidate elections we had before.
>>
>>55911320

Elections are a joke
All internet activity is monitored (in case you missed the whole Snowden thing you fucking donkey)
Bill C-51 recently passed, and people have been fined and jailed for publishing certain opinions, like other people in Germany/the UK have.

Keep being a useful idiot.

Your freedom has been spiraling downwards for decades.
>>
>>55905159

He contains muslims.
>>
>>55910420
>He has kept his nation under a perpetual martial law for 30 years.
McEducation strikes again. At least learn your dictators before you start bashing them.
>>
>>55911365
I'm not sure why you have such difficulties comprehending English but we were talking about the presidential elections in Syria.
Also, NATO supported the opposition from day one but the people of Syria managed to overcome their differences in order to save our country from imperialism.
>>
>>55911793

kek.

>>55911889

I know. But I'm just saying man, prepare your anus. When Obama leaves office and some crazy bitch gets elected, she's going to menstruate all over Syria and Iran. I hope you guys manage to pull through.
>>
>>55911425
Russia is not our friend. They're a necessary evil to help us liberate our country from radicals and traitors.
>>55912061
Or we can hope Bernie wins. In that case we can all immigrate to the US and get our welfare checks :^)
>>
>>55912382

Russia is playing geopolitical chess. Syria is like it's rook. They are necessary to demonstrate to the West that they have an andequate military.
>>
>>55913044

its*
>>
>>55913073
Are nations really questioning the power of Russia? Surely you jest.
>>
>>55913684
Not sure if bait, but good luck finding any Western government in the world that isn't completely convinced that Russia is stuck in 1991 with absolutely no improvement since or any prospect thereof.
>>
>>55914327
So besides USA and China, who would be one the more powerful nations in the world? It's Russia is it not?
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.