[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on Catholicism I live in Sweden, I was born as a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6
File: Christianity.jpg (3 MB, 4000x3000) Image search: [Google]
Christianity.jpg
3 MB, 4000x3000
Redpill me on Catholicism

I live in Sweden, I was born as a Christian here for the Protestant church. When I was 15 my parents wanted me to go to a confirmation camp (konfirmationsläger). But I told them that I didn't want to because I'd yet not decided what religion I wanna follow.

I know that /pol/ thinks that catholicism is the best version of Christianity, but honestly I don't know why and I don't know the difference between Catholicism and Protestantism.

I'm thinking about confirming myself now, at the age of 22, but I'm unsure if I wanna do it in a Protestant church or a Catholic church.

I'm guessing it's pretty much the same thing, since you're just confirming yourself to christianity but I'd still like to know the difference and why /pol/ loves Catholicism so much.
>>
>inb4 "The Ordtodox church is best church"
>>
>>55898912
Brukar det vara mycket bögsex på konfirmationsläger?
Har hört att det packas mycket bajs och pojkstjärt när man konfirmerar sig.
>>
>>55898912
Du är en jävla bög, vet du det?
Ditt jävla fikus, Njut du av ditt "konfirmationsläger" där får du säkert smaka lite saftig mansanus.
>>
>>55898912

The most defining characteristic of Protestantism, to give you a secular overview, is the rejection of apostolicity. Both the Catholic and Orthodox churches are structured as a hierarchy. This gives the higher levels authority over the lower levels, much like a military or a government. So in the Catholic Church, for example, the pope (like a monarch, of sorts) is at the top and is chosen from among the cardinals who are chosen from among the bishops/archbishops who are chosen from among the priests, etc. Protestantism, however, having rejected this apostolic authority, believes that Christianity is a matter primarily of individuals rather than an institution, and that individual conscience takes primacy over any authority or hierarchy of religious thought. They believe this to be truer to what Christ originally intended, and assert that this is what the early Christians believed. So, whereas Catholics have a single authoritative interpretation of the Bible–that has been refined and contributed to over the millenia by the various popes, saints, theologians, scholars and clergy–Protestants believe that interpretation of the Bible is a matter for the individual, and that the Holy Spirit will guide each person in his/her reading of the text. This explains the preponderance of Protestant denominations, of which there are over 30,000 now and growing, since any individual may contrive his/her own interpretation of the scripture and found their own Protestant church provided they have enough followers to sustain it.

There are obviously much deeper historical arguments, both about the realities of the early Church and the situation of Europe prior to and including the Reformation, as well as much more important theological and exegetical arguments, but this is the, pun intended, crux of the difference that can be readily observed in reality.
>>
>>55899615
Ja såklart, man gillar ju att ta en i röven sådär en gång per vecka. Synd bara att det blir så få tillfällen.

Hade en jävligt bra tid på konfirmatioslägret, kuk överallt :) Trodde bara att det här med "Svart Kukar är störst" bara var en meme, men det verkade sig att vara sant, fävä

Ojoj, vilka kvälllar vi hade. Jag, prästen och ett gäng söta pojkar drack oss fulla på nattvarden och sen körde vi på i kyrkan, oj så det smiskades, ekade till i hela kyrkan!
>>
>>55899870
thats... actually a good description.
and from an aussie of all people.

I myself am protestant, and while people say our way is divided (and kinda is) in reality a church of God and a baptist church have far more in common than most admit. We are united by core christian beliefs, just separate on traditions.
>>
>>55899945
Åh va kåt jag blir
>>
Don't listen to this anon >>55899870

Join us Catholics, we have more fun :^)
>>
>>55899870

Continued:

If you want my opinion, go for Catholicism. Protestantism is a lost cause at this point. They simply do not have the authority to remain true to their doctrine. Protestant churches have essentially given in to every demand that modern society has tried force upon them: female clergy, homosexuality, divorce, contraception, etc. The constant fracturing of Protestant churches into smaller and smaller groups has left them too divided to sustain themselves, and they simply don't have the unified scholarship required to formulate a sufficient response the progressive, anti-religious, anti-tradition narrative. Not only does Catholicism have this desparately needed unity, it also has the sheer numbers, and, having inherited the Greco-Roman philosophical tradition (stoicism, platonism, aristotelianism, "Natural Law", "teleology", etc), it has the intellectual backbone to actually continue standing against the errors of modernity.
>>
>>55898912
>>
File: cuck pope.jpg (84 KB, 814x500) Image search: [Google]
cuck pope.jpg
84 KB, 814x500
>>55898912
s-savior of the white race!
>>
>>55900693
Well, it IS what Jesus would want
>>
>>55900833
indeed
>>
Catholicism has been going down the drain after Benedict resigned desu senpai
>>
>>55898912
Find these guys.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missionsprovinsen
>>
>>55900973

Traditionalists are on the rise at least.
>>
> Convert to Catholicism with wife
> Give up birth control
> She gets pregnant
> Almost dies during childbirth
> Goes back on birth control
> Can't fuck without going to confession
> Can't get a blowjob
> Can't jerk off
> Parish full of Mexicans, Filipinos, and old people. No white people our age
> Stop going to mass

Catholicism is a great religion, but the sex stuff kills me, and the environment is depressing. It's like being surrounded by death. We're still thinking about going back anyway, because our family needs Jesus.
>>
>>55898912

The main difference is that Catholicism has the apostolic succession. The Church was founded on pentecost 50 days after Jesus' resurrection with the out-pouring of the Holy Spirit, which meant the Apostles were guided to lead the Church/community of saints on earth. This Holy Spirit was passed on through the laying on of hands (see: Acts 6:6). These episcopoi/bishops would meet in councils or synods to decide matters of discipline/dogma, just like the Apostles did in Jerusalem. A council that involves all the bishops is an Ecumenical Council and its decrees are considered as much holy and infallible as the Bible itself.

Unfortunately the eastern and western bishops split apart in 1054. There are also other bishops who split apart even earlier, the Oriental churches.

Catholics are the real Church, the one descended from Jesus. Protestantism was made up by men.

Protestants always say the Holy Spirit guides them to interpret the Bible correctly. And yet they disagree amongst themselves about virtually every aspect of faith. Is our God a God of error? No, He is a God of truth, which is why He works through His Church, which has only one Truth.
>>
>>55901611

You can't just commit a sin and confess and intend to commit the sin again, confession only works if you really are contrite and resolved not to sin again.
>>
>>55902055
Right, which is part of why we stopped going entirely. It's discouraging. Also, sitting through a church service with a toddler is nightmare tier.
>>
>>55898912
Join the Roman Catholic church if you like, but know that you will never have an iota of control over the direction that it takes. Buncha dudes who have never been inside a woman control it, and trade trinkets and fancy outfits or something.

Protestant churches can be quirky - but if there is something wrong with yours, you can dissolve it, leave it, start a new one, whatever. You have a lot of choice there that you don't have with Roman Catholicism. Like right now, RCs have a Marxist Pope. So every time an RC goes to mass, puts money in the plate, whatever - they are advancing a Marxist agenda. It's a bad deal.
>>
>>55898912
the orthodox church is the best church
>>
St. Cyprian - Whoever withdraws and departs from the Church will be guilty, even though he has attained grace in the Church. That he will perish will be imputed to himself. (Epistle 69:4).

St. Cyprian: "He who has not the Church for his Mother cannot have God as his Father." (Patrologiae Cursus Completus: Series Graca, Fr. J. P. Migne, Paris: 1866, 4:502)

St. Cyprian: "He is no Christian who is not in Christ's Church." (Epistle to Antonianus," 52)

St. Augustine - You heretics are all guilty and wicked by the crime of schism. From this most heinous sacrilege not one of you can say he is innocent. ("Contra Epistolam Parmeniani," Bk. II, ch.2, no. 25; PL 44; idem, no.25).

St. Augustine - If anyone holds to a single heresy, he is not a Catholic. ("On Heresies," no.88; PL 42)

Tertullian: "Heretics do not have the same God, the same Christ as Catholics." (Patrolo-giae Cursus Completus: Series Graca, Fr. J. P. Migne, Paris: 1866, 1:1216)

St. Cyril of Jerusalem: " When you are travelling to other cities do not ask simpy where is the Dominicum, the House of the Lord; for the imious and heretical sects also designate their dens by this name; nor ask simply where is the Church, but where is the Catholic Church: because this is the proper name of this holy mother, the mother of all of us" - Catech. 18, 23

St. Peter Canisius: "Who is to be called a Christian? He who confesses the doctrine of Christ and His Church. Hence, he is truly a Christian thoroughly condemns and detests. the Jewish, Mohammedan, and the heretical cults and sects." (St. Canisius Catholic Cate-chism, Dillingen, 1560, Question no. 1)
>>
Catholicism is the religion of the goyim.
>>
>>55898912
Christianity apart from the Orthodox has lost the will to live
There isn't a future for it
>>
>>55901611
> She gets pregnant
> Almost dies during childbirth
> Goes back on birth control
> Can't fuck without going to confession

Dude the father would give you a break on this.
http://realcatholicloveandsex.[put here].com.br/2013/05/the-hard-cases-when-pregnancy-is.html

put "blogspot" on put here
Stupid spam checker
>>
>>55898912
Cathokeks are a vocal minority. Most of them here are crusader larpers. No real Christian here is actually catholic.
>>
Forget both Catholics and Protestants. The Saxons are Israel and Jesus would have you support God's laws.

Jahtruth.net
>>
There is no red pill needed. You were raised right.
Those claiming Catholicism is better are bean lords.
>>
SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER ME

What bible should I purchase if I want to become catholic. I've asked this so many times.

I don't mean what testament I mean what book should I buy?
>>
>>55901957
10/10 post. Would hang out with at mass.
>>
One man already covered this topic. Anybody who is not him is just looking for power and security and is shilling for their favourite system of control.

Here is all you need to know on the subject:

When you pray, you are not to be like the hypocrites; for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and on the street corners so that they may be seen by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full. But you, when you pray, go into your inner room, close your door and pray to your Father who is in secret, and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you. And when you are praying, do not use meaningless repetition as the Gentiles do, for they suppose that they will be heard for their many words. - Jesus

I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it - Jesus

Jesus is the only way to the church, and the church is not in this world, it is when he calls you into the next. You, him, and everybody else he calls alongside you are then the church. Not before then. before then, you are to help gather others. And you can't do that inside of a building, you must go to where they are.

Buildings full of men are just that. There is no divinity there. Read the bible yourself, as you will, see your actual responsibilities.
>>
>>55903320

Ignatius Bible / New Revised Standard Version - Catholic Edition
>>
>>55903320
Ignatius
>>
>>55903698
>>55903767

Thank you lads
>>
>>55898912
>I know that /pol/ thinks that catholicism is the best version of Christianity
didnt know that :')

Despite what aussie anon eloquently said, I would say that being part of the Catholic church makes you feel part of something old and mysterious, especially where I'm from where thousand years old churches are all over the place. Going to mass, even without the latin lithurgy, makes you feel connected to the old spirituality that used to be the soul of medieval europe. The Saints, the rituals, the blessings, the processions ... all the ancestral culture ... May sound trivial but that's one reason that make me love being Catholic.
>>
>>55899036
>doesnt want to know the truth.
Catholics and Orthodox see eachother as tolerated heretics, I.e they both go to heaven in eachothers eyes, if you hate the Orthodox church you might aswell stay with Swedish kucktestants and enjoy lesbian bishops ruining your churches
>>
>>55898912
Read
>>55902920
>>
>>55903320
Maybe the one that King James did? That has both Testaments...
Or just read the New Testament and forget about Moses and his fellowship of the ring.
>>
Bli asatroende
>>
Episcopal best Christianity.
>>
>>55898912
>/pol/ loves Catholicism
Catholicism is just heathenism posing as Christianity. The wolf in sheep's clothing. The introduction of idolatry and beliefs of saintly intercession are vestiges of Roman paganism.

The history of the Catholic church makes it abundantly clear that it does not abide by Christ. The existence of popes such as the Medicis and Borgias makes it clear that the pope is simply a shadow of the Roman princeps. The cardinalate nothing but a shadow of the praetorian guard, putting whom it chooses on the throne.

The fact it used forged documents to take land from fellow Christians and the crusades against secular targets and coreligionists makes it clear they were only concerned with power.
>>
File: 1437738677923.png (590 KB, 733x1127) Image search: [Google]
1437738677923.png
590 KB, 733x1127
>>55898912
I'm a Protestant who just recently became a Catholic. The biggest difference is that there's less white guilt and obnoxious progressivism. That's for the political side.
For the religious side I'd say the mass itself is a lot better. It demands you to understand what is going on and a lot of thought has been put into it. The reason for that is that the catholic liturgy changed after the second vatican council in the 1960's and thousands of theologians from all around the world put their heads together to create it. It also led to the intresting development that nowadays a catholic mass needs more participants from the normal church going folks while a protestant mass can work fine with a priest alone. One downside is that the sermon in a catholic mass isn't generally on the same level as a protestant one. But that is understandable since Protestantism is all about a good sermon while Catholicism puts a heavier emphasize on the mystical part of a mass.
When it comes to the singing, Protestantism has a longer tradition. A lot of the songs in a mass are easily 400 to 500 years old.
Catholics had to revive the tradition of singing, done inside a church by the normal folks in a mass, and so you won't find many older ones. But that changes if the liturgy contains a lot of chants from the monastic tradition that has 1500 years on it's back.
Also interesting to note is, that as a Catholic you can go on a pilgrimage. These are the differences in life I noticed. I'm not going to explain the theological differences to you since that is something you learn either during Confirmation, or as a Katechumen in the Catholic Church.
>>
File: 1432763644474-0.jpg (728 KB, 1113x1503) Image search: [Google]
1432763644474-0.jpg
728 KB, 1113x1503
>>55903889
go with this one
>>55903698
>>55903767

they are amazing, plus send out for a free rosary and learn to pray it breh
>>
>>55898912
Countries which are predominantly Protestantism are generally more evolved than those which are predominantly Catholic.
Atheism turns a nation into a degenerate hell hole (see Sweden and Germany).

Protestantism is the way.
>>
File: 1447309574065.jpg (128 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1447309574065.jpg
128 KB, 640x640
>>55906269
>>
You get to eat bread at church
Christians don't get to.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.