[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
STEM is now STEAM
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: STEAM not STEM.png (29 KB, 897x644) Image search: [Google]
STEAM not STEM.png
29 KB, 897x644
What's the A in STEAM now that it is to replace STEM? It's Art. Yes, art majors are being put on the same level as people who study real subjects. Apparently too many women were failing out of STEM despite all of the special programs designed to push them through. STEAM allows women to feel like they've earned a real accomplishment with their mattress carrying degrees while those earning degrees in what used to be known as STEM get knocked down a couple of pegs so they don't feel so superior.

http://stemtosteam.org/
http://steam-notstem.com/

At least this will reduce the pressure on STEM programs to increase female participation as STEAM will have a more balanced gender ratio.
>>
Accounting/Finance master race here to inform you that STEM is a meme and scam. Enjoy poo in the loos taking your job.
>>
No traction movement that wont change anything
>>
File: zimbabwe.jpg (79 KB, 333x369) Image search: [Google]
zimbabwe.jpg
79 KB, 333x369
>>55895884
>This diagram shows
>This diagram shows
>This diagram shows
>This diagram shows
>This diagram shows

THAT IS A DIAGRAM FOR A CHILD OR AN INFANT. IT DOESN'T SHOW ANYTHING AT ALL.

WHY DO THEY HAVE TO POISON STEM BY ADDING IN HIPPY BULLSHIT?

Reeeeeee
>>
>>55896138
It's PoMo. You're not meant to understand it... breath it in and FEEL IT!
>>
>>55896046
Same here where you studying?
>>
>>55896046
Accounting and finance is part of STEM, you fucking dolt.

>Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics
>Mathematics
>Mathematics
>>
One of the most creative/useful engineers i know also has a degree in digital art design. I would argue that the Art in STEAM should only be paired with a science, tech, engineering and math degree.
>>
>>55897960
So, they should make the A a subscript letter?
>>
>>55896138
theyre art majors
they dont need to know about boring things like conveying useful information
>>
>Discover + challenge
>Evolve your Perception
>understand the context
> poo in loo
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.