[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>be me >shifted ideology from left to right at age 24 >mom
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (87 KB, 575x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87 KB, 575x1024
>be me
>shifted ideology from left to right at age 24
>mom mysteriously did the same a few years before that
>she's embarrassingly misinformed though
>constantly forwards me chain emails from tea party coworkers spreading lies about Obama that are easily debunked via 10 seconds on google and snopes.
>never revealed power level to her
>never revealed power level to the rest of the family who are very liberal
>especially my sister, the women's studies major who occasionally dabbles in tumblrisms
>told her about the Paris attack because her TV has been busted and she hasn't seen news for a while
>later she looks it up on the Internet
>sends me another email with another angry tea party rant about Obama bringing in Syrian refugees
>fuck it, for once I agree with it
>reply to her email to tell her my thoughts on the refugee crisis
>tell her how dumb it is that they insist on Europe and America while there are so many peacetime Arab nations that should be absorbing them
>say the able-bodied men should be fighting for their country, not abandoning it
>point out that leftists scoffed when they were warned that refugees would bring terrorists, now it happened and theyre trying to ignore it and hope for the best
>say we can relocate them without mistreating them, but they'd be better off somewhere that shares their language and culture
>send off email
>she was so happy that I agreed with her, she FOWARDS it to the whole liberal family
>I'm going to see everyone at Christmas this year
>I've just been outed as a right-leaning member of a left wing family
How fucked am I /pol/?
>>
Not fucked. Be a decent human being and make em look like assholes in comparison.
>>
>>55892329

well since you didn't just type FUCK SANDNIGS GAS THE JOOS RACE WAR NOW and actually gave a shit about the fates of the refugees hopefully they'll understand. Although I don't know your family.
>>
>>55892407
That's what I was thinking. That if they want to make a big deal of it then I can say what a shame it is that politics have such a grip on them they cant act like family to me during the holidays
>>
>>55892329
If you're afraid of your own family and are okay with the truth being silenced with >muhracism then you may as well join your sister on tumblr.

Stand up for your opinions, provided they are reasonable and not some stormfront or tea party stuff.
>>
>outed

Wtf are you talking about?
>>
>>55892329
Makes me glad my family is politically ignorant. My mom is some kind of twisted bible thumping hippie. I don't think she'd be able to pick a side without having an identity crisis.
>>
>>55893270
I will if they decide they need to debate me on this. Sadly I'm garbage with making a coherent point in person so at best I can send them articles, videos, etc with my written analysis
>>
Just be patient with your mother and forgive her ignorance.
>>
>>55892504
>and actually gave a shit about the fates of the refugees
Why should we?
Serious question. Why should I care if they all dropped dead tomorrow?
>>
>>55892329
Is that the theater from the shooting?
>>
Makes me happy that my father is a libertarian, mom is a tea party nutjob, brother is a Bernie Sanders supporter, sister is a lesbian feminist tumblrina, and I'm far right leaning. Everyone can disagree and nobody thinks anything of it.
>>
>>55893896

blue pill appeasement

people are people etc, etc. There's reasons to care but i don't give a shit if it matters to you or not because ultimately their welfare is not my greatest concern either
>>
>>55893896
Many people believe you should help your fellow human being. You get a warm, fuzzy feeling knowing that someone else feels happy.
>>
>>55892329
wonder would my family be happy if I came out as a skinhead.
>>
>>55892329
looks fake/staged
>>
If you're ashamed of your political stances, then you're half a man.

On a side note, though, it's funny how it is completely reverse in my country. My family would be angry if I was a liberal. Luckily I am not.
>>
>>55892329
make a toast and call everyone faggots and then stick the bottle of champagne up your asshole you c u c k
>>
File: images.png (7 KB, 251x201) Image search: [Google]
images.png
7 KB, 251x201
Your mums face when she was secretly just trying to entrap you all these years
>>
>>55893896
People have a fundamental right to flee their country during war. The males ought to stay and fight but I wouldn't suggest forcing them to. I believe in the innocents' right to stay alive but I'm against them stretching that to mean they're entitled to more accommodations beyond peace and safety. The western quality of life goes way beyond what they need to escape the war
>>
>>55892407
This.
You don't even need to discuss anything. Just be calm and respectful, and they will not bother you much
>>
>>55893896
Well you wouldn't, if you completely lack empathy.
>>
I didn't say anything but I think my mom realized what she did and messages me asking if she crossed a line by broadcasting my message to everyone else. If I tell her she did, it could look like I don't want to own my words. If I say it's cool, she might take it even further and try and bring that shit up at the dinner table.
>>
>>55897878

just say that it probably wasn't the best move, but what's done is done no need to worry about it
>>
>>55892329
deflect the topic as smoothly as possible if it comes up and don't apologize.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.