[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what's your opinion on public executions?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6
File: guillotine.jpg (56 KB, 500x650) Image search: [Google]
guillotine.jpg
56 KB, 500x650
what's your opinion on public executions?
>>
Barbaric.
>>
>>55876495

I'm wholeheartedly against them.

I think making a spectacle out of death is uncivilized and barbaric.
>>
>>55876495
I could take it or leave it.
>>
I'm for it if done in ghettos or particularly crime-ridden areas from time to time.
>>
>>55876595
>>55876626

America are okay?

Did....did your balls suddenly drop off?
>>
>>55876495
Personally, I'm for it. If the person being executed does not sign a form saying they want it done privetly, then make it public.
>>
>>55876495
highly highly disturbed my them and adamantly opposed to them. i am opposed to all forms of capital punishment but especially in public.
>>
>>55876717

Rome fell from the inside due to its enjoyment of vomitoriums, orgies, and gladiatorial spectacles.

We're just fine, how are you?
>>
Should be reintroduced for terrorists.
>>
>>55876495
great deterrent

we should really go back to far harsher methods than the guillotine to be honest.
>>
Public executions should not be a matter of public entertainment. Other than that, they should be available to the public. Death is not a pretty thing, and sometimes we need to see it order to remind ourselves about what awaits us all.
>>
Well you know terror without virtue is fatal, but then again virtue without terror is just impotent...
>>
>>55876816
>Rome fell from the inside due to its enjoyment of vomitoriums, orgies, and gladiatorial spectacles.

>not the Jews and Jebus
>>
I think it really demonstrates how keked and liberalized our societies are
that executions are hugely offensive to so many people

>>55876626
It is a matter of displaying reality to people, rather than leaving them sheltered in their "safe zones"

Would most def fight against degeneracy.

The real issue is that people who deserve execution almost always take a plea deal for no death penalty.
>>
>>55876495
They are necessary for the "muh deterrent" argument for the death penalty to hold water
>>
I think it should be public. If it is then criminals will know that it will bring public shame, and people may be deterred by being reminded that it happens. It also shows the public the executions, and doesn't hide them away from the horror of it. If people want executions period they shouldnhave to face them in all their glory.
>>
>>55876495
It doesn't solve the problem involved, you only killed an individual.
>>
I like firing squads

I hope that they bring them back and you can pick a walk up song like baseball players have when they put you on the wall
>>
>>55876816
Britain was rising up just fine in power while it was publicly hanging criminals each morning at Tyburn.
>>
i think our convicted felons should have a death match against each other for some kind of reward.

that would be cool
>>
>>55876981
God damn it, if I ever have to be put to death, I want a firing squad or at least somebody to just walk up and blow my head off. None of this sissy crap. No cruel and unusual punishment for me, thanks.
>>
>>55876981

I would choose firing squad too to be honest. If you actually look up the different methods and how they're done, I'd rather get shot.
>>
>>55876495
Sets a fine example to show what happens when you fuck with things.
As a spectacle, its a brutal display of violence so the public applauds it.
Everybody likes a good old hanging.
>>
>>55876495
Completely against them.
The whole idea of capital punishment is disgusting as well.
>>
On the day of the rope, all executions will be public. As the majority of society is corrupt and degenerate, the public will be the ones hanging.
>>
>>55876495

no opinions
just a fact
an incontrovertible fact:
anything regarding this "issue" is subjective, except alone the physics of it in any given instance

that is all
>>
>>55876495
Its funny when its hundreds of your kind.
>>
>>55876495

Completely in favor of them, and I think we should be doing it ten times as often as we already do. A third conviction for a violent felony should be an automatic death sentence. This was a better country when we didn't have this tender hearted concern for prisoners.

And if we're going to excise the cancer of career criminals, why hide it behind closed doors? Do it in public where unruly teenage boys can get a glimpse of their future if they don't straighten out their lives.
>>
>>55877050
> Supporting gladiatorial combat, the very definition of "bread and circus"

You're a slackjawed mouth breather. Execute criminals quickly and privately (though extend an offer to the victim's relations to watch)
>>
Jesus never spoke out against public executions and He was publicly executed unjustly.
>>
>>55876495
i want to watch it live so badly.
>>
>>55876495
Good thread OP. I'm For.

When someone rapes and murders a child, that person should be executed. Not only did they cut a life short, but they have made the last moments of that persons life absolutely horrible. Public executions and other punishments would serve as a reminder to everyone else and act as a deterrent.

It doesn't help that criminals are not even punished severely anymore because it infringes on their Human Rights. What about the Human Rights of the victim? If the criminal system continues to slide, we will see the rise of vigilantism
>>
>>55877111
Eye for an eye.
psychopaths(or delusional) that kill people for fun shouldn't be "rehabilitated" and or imprisoned. this person is beyond rehabilitation or imprisonment.
keeping them alive and consuming resources is absolutely pointless.

>>55877175
Its always been that way.
>>
>>55876495
Missed opportunity in modern entertainment, with today's production values and fantasy sports we could make this something amazing, like pit fights gladiators and what not.
>>
File: Fate.jpg (278 KB, 1000x976) Image search: [Google]
Fate.jpg
278 KB, 1000x976
>>55876865
>>55877010
>>
Watch from 1:14 to 4:22

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32lxiyVr9U0
>>
>>55876875

That's fine, I'm all for executing terrorists.
>>
>>55876495
Too big of a chance that they would become a martyr with the current state of things, better to just kill them behind closed doors.
>>
>>55876717
back to your desert mahmoud
>>
>>55877397
back to your desert ahmed
>>
File: 1392357918150.png (148 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1392357918150.png
148 KB, 300x300
>>55877294
>be american
>get executed
>>
>>55877620
Damn right, Poland. There is no need to draw in the sadists.
>>
>>55877612
Well, we practiced public executions in the past. So either we should regress in order to avoid further decay or we should readopt it because, it if is a degenerative form of punishment, it is inevitable we will be practicing again in the future.
>>
>>55876495
essential to deterring crime
>>
>>55877612
why do we have to live in the worst one fuck
>>
File: Firingsquad2.jpg (39 KB, 720x432) Image search: [Google]
Firingsquad2.jpg
39 KB, 720x432
>>55876981

https://youtu.be/x5kisPBwZOM

> The crowd is quiet
> You walk out with a bag over your head
> The music starts
>"Well you're a real tough cookie with a long history ..."
> Start bobbing back and forth, up and down, stepping with the beat.
>"Of breaking little hearts, like the one in me!"
> Led to the wall by an armed guards, waddling to the rhythm as you move
>"That's okay let me see how you do it"
> Minutemen form a line and load their rifles
>"Put up your dukes, let's get down to it"
> The guns are raised
> Lean back, look up, ready to bellow the chorus
>"HIT ME WITH YOUR BEST SHOT!"
> The order is given
>"AND FIRE AWAAAAY!"

ded.

https://youtu.be/x5kisPBwZOM
>>
>>55878034
It is not the worst one. It is during this time that the seeds are planted to try to bring a better new cycle.
>>
>>55876495
That's Muslim country shit. Sharia-level caveman stuff.
>>
>>55876842
just visit /b/
>>
>>55877073
You Muslim?
>>
>>55877326
>Jesus never spoke out against public executions
Think you might have missed the point of that book he was in.
>>
>>55878233
Are you asking me to poast sum crushcat?
>>
>>55876981

i would choose this song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ
>>
>>55878325
Holy fuck yes. What better way to go out than to have everybody laughing?
>>
France,

When you find that fucker, take him to the fucking guillotine!

Put it on TV! I want to see his head roll into a basket and then shoved on a spike for everyone to see!

Regards

England
>>
>>55877762
has your new prime minister keked your country already?

Ok, how about an example. Drug trafficking in Australia is punishable by a maximum of 15 years in Prison, the average being 5-8 year sentence. Indonesia is punishable by death.

Now Indonesia doesn't have a drug trafficking problem, not many are that stupid enough to risk it, but Australia has a major drug trafficking problem because the laws are lax and usually foreign offenders just cop a deportation.

We had a woman here Jill Meagher, raped and murdered by a guy who was released on parole for previously raping 12 other women, it's like Sweden really, there's no real punishment for rape, prisons have to be more humane these days so there's no real deterrent.

Now you tell me right now, let's say you have a daughter, she's a great little girl, extremely smart for her age. One day she goes missing on her way home from school, a week later they find her body half buried in the woods, Autopsy says that she was violently sexually assaulted and then strangled to death. They catch the guy, turns out he recorded the whole thing, which they play during the trial to show you and the jury. Because our country's don't have capital punishment, he's sentenced to 20 years to life in jail, where, for his safety, he'll be kept segregated from the general population, on your tax dollar. You tell me you wouldn't want blood.
>>
i prefer trial by combat desu senpai
>>
File: 1447143786577.jpg (2 MB, 3112x2338) Image search: [Google]
1447143786577.jpg
2 MB, 3112x2338
>>55878799

Oh fuck yeah, Norway best way.

Dual with flintlock pistols.
>>
>>55878941

Duel, to be honest baka
>>
File: 1442792070026.gif (964 KB, 335x190) Image search: [Google]
1442792070026.gif
964 KB, 335x190
>>55878325
https://youtu.be/6MYAGyZlBY0
>>
>>55876495
Death penalty should be abolished. ADX Supermax is better punishment.
>>
>>55878307
>>55878307
No. Jesus went to His death, because even though it was unjust in His case, it was still lawful. If Jesus had been against the practice of capital punishment, He would have resisted. He stopped the stoning of the adulterous woman, but that was because she hadn't had a trial, and it was just a mob action. St Paul wrote that capital punishment is within the power of earthy authorities and Christians shouldn't resist if they are condemned. Paul was later executed as well. I really wish the meme that Jesus was a liberal would die.
>>
Why not re-instate penal divisions?

If we're gonna people to die for the greatest ally, we might as well send people that should be dead for their crimes.
>>
>>55879513
>penal divisions
I think they should all go to Israel. I hear they have a pretty extensive legal system there, and they don't mess around when it comes to what people deserve.
>>
>>55876495
It's a barbaric sentence, but we should bring it back as a punishment for barbaric crimes.
>>
>>55876495
Honestly, I don't see how guillotining is worse than putting someone in a cell for life, with the chance of being beaten and or raped regularly.
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.