[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There are people on this board right now who havent read Sun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: sun_tzu_strategy.jpg (40 KB, 400x533) Image search: [Google]
sun_tzu_strategy.jpg
40 KB, 400x533
There are people on this board right now who havent read Sun-Tzu's Art of War yet

Whats your excuse?

http://classics.mit.edu/Tzu/artwar.html
>>
I've read it. It really just basic shit. The book is is overrated, because it is the earliest known work containing the basics of war.

It is particularly hilarious when new 2nd Lieutenants finish reading the book and suddenly think they are ready to be a general.
>>
>>55868281
find me audio verson op, seeing as ur advertising, im porfag, free version only
>>
>>55868281

Real European read Karl von Clausewitz' 'On War.' But the 'Art of War' is certainly valuable. I attempt to write a paper on the similarities and differences of both works.
>>
>>55868281
dont have an excuse, im just lazy, also someone who considers himself that good at a thing is probably shit at it due to how psychology works
>>
File: 1447622393932.gif (497 KB, 381x268) Image search: [Google]
1447622393932.gif
497 KB, 381x268
>>55869045

>someone who considers himself that good at a thing is probably shit at it due to how psychology works

its just a good read m8

you can interpret it in many ways
>>
>>55869156
>The fuck
basically the more someone thinks they're good at something, the more likely they're actually shit at it, on average, and to write a book like that he'd have to have been fairly self-important

i might read it, much rather read the book of nine rings though
>>
The Art of War is required reading.
>>
File: 12312311121.png (17 KB, 349x321) Image search: [Google]
12312311121.png
17 KB, 349x321
>>55869289

ok stop
>>
>>55868281
So is there a place online I can read mein kamph without raising government alerts?
>>
>>55869447

you are in the USA it shouldnt be a problem for you ?
>>
>>55869393
its called the dunning-kruger effect. look it up
>>
>>55869393
its true though vOv

>>55869576
^^ this
>>
>>55869576

i dont think you understand the dunning kruger effect at all

read what the aussie wrote about someone writing a book, then read up on the effect again.

Its not applicable in this case

Theres also results/confirmation/review etc.

Its not like someone writes a book because he thinks highly of himself and people have to think so too now.

It will go to a process of evaluation and if its good its simply good and he deserves the respect of his peers. If its garbage its garbage just like most australian posts on /pol/.

Its like saying "wew lad usain bolt shouldnt really think hes that fast" when he has the results to back up that he is indeed fast. Its not dunning kruger effect.
>>
>>55869761
Disengaging, fanboyism too strong

keep loving your sun-tsu sempai, germany-chan
>>
File: 1447567170900.png (52 KB, 768x728) Image search: [Google]
1447567170900.png
52 KB, 768x728
>>55869892

god damn straya m8
>>
>>55869761
the dunning kruger effect is exactly what the aussie was trying to explain to you, any retard can write a book and have it published, just see twilight. whether its good or not has no relevance. maybe sun-tzu had a superiority complex, maybe he didnt.
>>
File: image.jpg (15 KB, 300x284) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15 KB, 300x284
>gather two of every animal
>herd them onto a boat
>beat the crap out of every single one
>become master of combat

Sud-Tsoo said that.
>>
Does anyone else feel like this guy was full of shit? There was a story where he placed an army in a valley on "purpose" because he "knew" that his men would fight better out of desperation when the enemy surrounded them leading to victory. I feel like he just got lucky with a badass military and when high ranking officers asked him about his tactics he would just feed them some philosophical bullshit.
>>
>>55868281
Lol that's funny. More like "Germany: the art of kek"
>>
Mostly plagerized from earlier works...
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.