[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ron Paul said we should not bomb ISIS in retaliation. He said
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 2
File: ron.jpg (7 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
ron.jpg
7 KB, 259x194
Ron Paul said we should not bomb ISIS in retaliation. He said the solution is more free trade and more respect for the national sovereignty of other countries. What do you think, /pol/?
>>
Crazy irrelevant old nut.
>>
Nah fuck that
>>
>>55867604
I think you purposely misrepresented what he said to get this kind of reaction>>55867690
>>
>>55867786

Nope, this is what he said.
>>
He is completely correct but no one cares.

terrorism is a reaction. imperialism is the cause. It has always been so.
>>
>>55867786
Ron Paul is senile and an Isolationist, it just doesnt work in this day an age bro.
>>
>>55867869
Wow great source, I like how you also used a pic that shows him in negative light with an angry expression.

Thankfully users here are smart enough to see past your bullshit
>>
>>55867904

Hes a military isolationist. Which absolutely works you fucking idiot. Keep repeating talking points and buzzwords like a good goy
>>
>>55867904
Not being isolationist is what created ISIS

Europeans can deal with ISIS now
>>
>>55867946

Go ahead and read his column on his institute's website.
>>
>>55867604
Maybe if we hadn't already kicked the hornet's nest, but it's too late for mutual isolation.
>>
>>55867604
>/pol/ no longer sides with Paul
wow, this clearly shows the stormfaggotry on this board has grown exponentially, to the point that the oldfags have stopped posting and newfags just try to edge as hard as possible

Kill me now, we were supposed to be the last beacon of hope, not some fascist shithole
>>
Senile ad fuck.
>>
Even Bernie thinks America and other countries should be waging war against ISIS. Ron Paul is more dovish against ISIS than the most left-wing candidate in the presidential election.
>>
>>55868200

Do you honesty think that we should adopt free trade with ISIS?
>>
>>55867690
>>55867745
>>55867904
>>55868270
These are the neocons and warmongering leftists that got dubya elected and supported the wars in the Middle East without question, and look how great it is today ladies and gentleman .
>>
>>55868200
This, OP doesnt even have a source
>>
>>55868461

http://www.ronpaulinstitute.org/
>>
>>55868482
>The horrific attacks in Paris on Friday have, predictably, led to much over-reaction and demands that we do more of the exact things that radicalize people and make them want to attack us. The French military wasted no time bombing Syria in retaliation for the attacks, though it is not known where exactly the attackers were from. Thousands of ISIS fighters in Syria are not Syrian, but came to Syria to overthrow the Assad government from a number of foreign countries -- including from France and the US.

>Ironically, the overthrow of Assad has also been the goal of both the US and France since at least 2011.

>Because the US and its allies are essentially on the same side as ISIS and other groups – seeking the overthrow of Assad – many of the weapons they have sent to the more “moderate” factions also seeking Assad’s ouster have ended up in the hands of radicals.

Did you even read this, this is more redpill than I would have even believed, OP completely misrepresented what he said
>>
He's a senile old fuck.
>>
>Ron Paul believes Islamic terrorism has been caused by Western geopolitical meddling and nation-building in Arabia
>His solution is to stop doing this

I agree.
>>
>>55869907
No hes redpill as fuck. He realizes that we created ISIS by destroying the dictatorships in the middle east and funding opposition to assad

Read>>55868734 and the rest at http://www.ronpaulinstitute.org/ not OPS propaganda
>>
>>55867604
I can agree with him actually, but only as what we should be doing AFTER we or Europe finish this ISIS bullshit to prevent it from happening again. The US arming rebels has never had a track record of working, ever since the Bay of Pigs and in the modern day with Al Qaeda and other revolutionaries. Us intervening is what fucked shit up, but to not finish off the dumb shit we started would be a mistake. Stop the arming of other rebels after this and they'll stop being more than just desert goat fuckers with a death wish.

That will be one step towards getting the middle easterners off of our assess. Cutting Israel off of Uncle Sam's teat is the other thing, but like hell that will happen any time soon.
>>
>>55870184

Yes, free trade with ISIS is totally a good idea.
>>
Funny how Leftists and Libertarians are equally dumb about this
>>
>>55870397
Your a complete fucking idiot putting words into his mouth that he didnt say. No where here>>55870313 does he say anything about free trade with ISIS.

Gtfo shill
>>
>>55870655
Read http://www.ronpaulinstitute.org/, he doesnt say this at all, Op is a lying cunt
>>
>>55870775

Did you read the column? He did say those things.
>>
>>55870826
>55870826
AHAHAHAHA, thats why you still havent quoted him right? Fuck off until you have a sourced quote faggot
>>
>>55868200
To be fair the idea of my vote being just as equal to a gibs me that crack whore killed my love for NAP. Someone cracking you over the head to take your wallet is just as bad as a family of four deciding you're dinner
>>
>>55870655

No, libertarians are worse. Even Bernie Sanders wants to bomb ISIS. Libertarians are against any military action against ISIS.
>>
>>55867604

The solution is to glass the entire middle east.
>>
>>55871217
Lel still ignoring my post>>55870901
>>
>>55871440

Why would I need to quote anything? The column is very short.

http://www.ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/featured-articles/2015/november/15/paris-and-what-should-be-done/
>>
http://ronpaulinstitute.org/archives/featured-articles/2015/november/15/paris-and-what-should-be-done/

"More bombs will not solve the problems in the Middle East. But a more promising approach to the Middle East is currently under fire from the isolationists in Washington. The nuclear deal with Iran ends UN sanctions and opens that country to international trade. Just last week the presidents of France and Iran met to discuss a number of trade deals. Other countries have followed. Trade and respect for national sovereignty trumps violence, but Washington still doesn’t seem to get it. Most presidential candidates compete to thump the table loudest against any deal with Iran. They will use this attack to propagandize against approving trade with Iran even though Iran has condemned the attack and is also in the crosshairs of ISIS.

Here is the alternative: Focus on trade and friendly relations, stop shipping weapons, abandon “regime change” and other manipulations, respect national sovereignty, and maintain a strong defense at home including protecting the borders from those who may seek to do us harm.

We should abandon the failed policies of the past, before it’s too late."

Some of what he's suggesting is good, but he seems to naively believe trade will prevent disputes with foreign nations. I would direct him to the Barbary Wars and the Anglo-American War of 1812. Not everyone will happily stand by as you try to conduct trade, free or otherwise, in their region of the world. You will be attacked and you will be forced to either defend yourself or abandon trade or both.
>>
I think that advice is sound as a preventative. I think we already have the disease, inoculation is too late, we need more aggressive treatment.
>>
>>55871494
I read the entire thing! It doesnt mention free trade with ISIS at all!!!!

Its obvious your shilling against Ron Paul because you dislike libertarians and see him as a person who personifies them when he isnt even a complete libertarian on all issues.

Stop being a butthurt and making shit up.
>>
>>55867604

Don't invade, don't invite.
That should be the policy regarding Muslim countries. But for the last 20, 30 years or so, Western policy was the opposite: invade, invite.
>>
>>55871814
It's for the oil, if we don't have those wonderful hydrocarbons in abundance Western Civilization will collapse
>>
>>55871963
The U.S. gets every drop it needs from home, Canada, Mexico, and Venezuela.
>>
>>55867604
ISIS is a sovereign nation now? Will they get a seat in the UN soon?
>>
>>55871814
Yeah you clowns are doing a great job at not inviting.
>>
>>55871814

That's exactly right.

>>55871963

No m8 it's for geopolitical reasons. The resources are secondary
>>
I literally could not find a single source on google news

y'all niggas should be ashamed of yourself
>>
We're swimming deep around a majority of shills and useful idiots.

If we were to leave for a while, the only left would be shills shilling shills ad nauseum

/pol/ is truly dead
>>
>>55872036

Ron Paul is against energy independence.
>>
>>55871963
This logic has never added up as the US has never been the beneficiary of toppling regimes in the middle East. How much oil are we getting from Iraq, Iran, Yemen, Libya, Tunisia, and Algeria? It's close to 0.

The US gets virtually all of it's oil from its own natural resources, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Mexico, and Venezuela. The US gets a very small amount from Iraq which any of the other countries could easily replace. Any amount of oil the US gets from a country I didn't just list is a rounding error. We get more from Nigeria and Colombia, which you probably didn't even know export oil, than any country in the middle East except Saudi Arabia.
>>
>>55872401

You're dumb. Even if the US doesn't physically get oil from the Middle East, the supply of oil from the Middle East still affects the price of oil in the world market.
>>
>>55872558
Are you telling me those countries don't produce oil and don't export it when under regimes who don't like the US?
>>
>>55867604
He's right but not bombing them would make us look like complete pussies.
>>
>>55872036
>>55872401
People who don't understand that oil is in a market, and that market that has a high demand in Europe. The U.S. might not need a single non-American drop, but Europe is thirsty
>>
>>55872878
Are you also telling me those countries don't produce oil and don't export it when under regimes who don't like the US?

The oil gets produced whether the US topples the regime or not. The oil gets sent to the world market whether the US topples the regime or not. The US does not seize the oil whether the US topples the regime or not. What difference does the US toppling a regime make to oil markets?
>>
>>55872985
Who owns the oilfields and controls the supply. We're "not" supporting "moderate" rebels in Syria because we necessarily give a shit about Assad. However he's a Russian puppet, and with the opening that ISIS gave Iran in Iraq and the subsequent growth in the relationship between those three mean we'll have hard choices to make as they will eventually threaten the Saudis. And while we may "not" have given them nuclear weapons in exchange for votes on the Iran Nuke deal, we're going to see our boys die over it
>>
Y'all posting in a shill thread

>>55872781

>>55872781

>>55872781

>>55872781

>>55872781

Stop the disinformation, bring the discussion here lads, your bumping blatant lies by the OP
>>
>>55867604
He's absolutely right. Constant intervention in the Middle East is not only what caused the "refugee" crisis, but also the formation of ISIS. What we need is to leave the Middle East completely and close our borders, not war with ISIS.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.