[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Potential GF's best friend is an "Intersectional Feminist".
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Jupiter_006.jpg (70 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
Jupiter_006.jpg
70 KB, 1280x1024
Potential GF's best friend is an "Intersectional Feminist".

What the fuck is intersectional feminism and should I run away asap?
>>
>>55864694

She will advice her against you. Do not bother.
>>
intersectionals are worse

that means they think other oppressed groups' opinions matter more than straight white normative males

actually, i'm just guessing, but based on context (and not googling) i'm pretty sure that's what it is
>>
>>55864694

Means she thinks streetlights are the tool of patriarchy and strong independent woman don't need to stop at no intersection.
>>
>potiential gf

laughingwhores.jpg
>>
File: e0a4ikB.gif (4 MB, 437x246) Image search: [Google]
e0a4ikB.gif
4 MB, 437x246
>>55865346
topkek

I think I might bail anyway because being one degree of separation away from any feminist leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
>>
>>55864694
>>55865048

It's just the term for feminist thought and activism that 'intersects' with other areas of critical theory (post-colonialism, etc.).

>Potential
Yeah sure m8, don't get ahead of yourself. Anyway I say go for it, you've got nothing to lose. If you aren't a retard you'll act as a moderating influence and she'll be better for it. And frankly if you bail on a relationship before it even starts because of somebody else completely, that's pretty weak.
>>
Intersectionality basically means men (and other groups) also are oppressed from the patriarchy. It tries to tie in a bunch of social grievances into aiming at one enemy: patriarchy.

Relative to some of the arms of feminism, it's not /that/ bad.
>>
>>55865647

>patriarchy
White cis-gendered heteronormative patriarchy, you mean.
>>
>>55864694

They're all fucking feminists now. Just don't reveal your power level.
>>
>>55864694
>Intersectional Feminist
I believe that is SJW-speak for "SJW". Of the worst kind. Run.
>>
intersectional means they are not radical feminist but still equally annoying and retarded in their own snowflake way

just tell her you are a transwoman experiencing yourself through the masculine perspective but deep down you have always been a woman that wants to appear as a man and she will entrust you with her life
>>
>>55864694
intersectional means examining multiple social identities. in terms of feminism it means considering the how diffrent social identities (e.g black, gay) effect the experiances women undergo in context to oppression and discrimination, ect, ect. I had to talk with some of these people during a literature module i took.

it not hard to fake interest, or knowledge, it's not like trying to bullshit engineering or history.
>>
Any girl who doesn't simply "identify" herself as a straight female, run like the wind, my friend.

A fast, furious wind. Run like a tornado.
>>
I actually looked this up.

It's basically that she doesn't just divide people into oppressors and oppressed, but there will be multiple factors of oppression. When someone has factors that intersect, they are Ultra-oppressed.

So black = 1 oppression. But Black and Woman = 2 oppression. And Black and Woman and Lesbian = 3 oppression.

It's less bad than I thought at first, it's how I expected most of them to work anyway.

But it does mean that they create point-based oppression systems.
>>
>>55866401
>Point-based oppression systems

So we could turn it into a drinking game?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.