[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
could Canada hold it's own if a war broke out?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6
could Canada hold it's own if a war broke out?
>>
You mean Americas bitch?
>>
WHITE HOUSE
>WHITE HOUSE
WHITE HOUSE
>WHITE HOUSE
WHITE HOUSE
>WHITE HOUSE
>>
File: 1426392929774.jpg (159 KB, 680x605) Image search: [Google]
1426392929774.jpg
159 KB, 680x605
>>55858555
>>
>>55858617
>WHITE HOUSE
WHITE HOUSE
>WHITE HOUSE
WHITE HOUSE
>WHITE HOUSE
WHITE HOUSE

COME ALL YE BOLD CANADIANS
>>
>>55858459
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Plan_Red
>>
>>55858459

The answer is yes.

Canadians play Hockey, and Hockey players are some of the toughest athletes I've ever known.

You guys would probably last long enough for us to save you.
>>
>>55858708
Yes, you burnt down our White House when our armored division was a horse with a blanket on it, and our intelligence community was a guy in a tall building.

You did very good, Canada. Good job.
>>
>>55858617

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Chateauguay

The educated Canadians use this battle instead to mock Americans
>>
>>55858501
America is Canada's ass. Detroit is the butthole. Mexico is the feces.
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 625x609) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 625x609
You fuckin' tell me bud
>>
>>55858893
HA! TAKE THAT, BUD!
>>
>somebody invades canada
>we move 200km north
>wait the winter
>invader freezes in the south
>move back down
>high five america
>>
>>55858459
yea for the most part, but without our help if russia wanted to fuck you they probably could
>>
>>55858903
But again, Canada as a country didn't even exist during the War of 1812. The Brits did kick our asses multiple times in that war, though.
>>
>>55859032
Unless that somebody is America >>55858863
>>
No.
>>
>>55858459
Shut your cock sucker moose fucker, or we'll send the Boy Scouts up to kick your frozen asses...
>>
canada is mostly undeveloped land made tolerable by the locals with adequate distractions ie 4x4 and snowmobiles. a winter invasion of canada would suck balls and a northern invasion of the north during the summer would call forth the swarm of insects from the bogs.

any real committed attempt at attacking canada would have us asking ameribros for help. in an overseas wars we just like to fuck shit up and merc targerts :^)
>>
>>55859155
Or Russia.
>>
>>55859155
>implying you can eat burgers that are frozen solid
>implying your girth could sustain you in this climate
>implying t.v works in the wilderness
>>
>>55858459
No. We would lose to everyone. Even New Zealand
>>
>>55858708
>2020
>Canada has imported 10 million "refugees"
>Lackawanna Six becomes a monthly occurence
>Terror attacks on US soil from Canada by "refugees"
>US builds wall, restricts border travel
>Attacks Continue
>Quebec secedes from Canada
>Quebec agrees to be annexed by US in excahange for statehood or semi-autonomy
>Attacks still continue
>Canada won't do shit besides say lol sorry
>Drone campaign begins
>Toronto and Ottawa burn
>US takes what it wants (land bridge to alaska, SW Canada, etc) gives the scraps to Russia and Greenland
>>
>>55858459
Nope. Canada would get slaughtered.
>>
>>55858459
Depends against whom and for what stakes.

Assuming you mean the United States, Canada would likely win only a war of limited material consequence from which withdrawal would enjoy the popular support of Americans.
>>
Depends what kind of hypothetical war.

The landmass is too big too defend, if an invasion is what you mean.

If we need to do an attack on Bermuda for some reason it would be possible… (if other countries let us)
>>
>>55859514
That is-

Fine with me, actually.

I miss us being really good bros with the states.
>>
>>55858459
If it's China or Russia, the US is stepping in with or without our consent. Sharing the longest undefended border in the world with Putin wouldn't sit right with Trump.
>>
File: eugene9.png (272 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
eugene9.png
272 KB, 640x480
>>55859514

>Quebec agrees to be annexed by US
>Not Alberta
>>
>>55859138
>Upper Canada
>Lower Canada

The people who fought and lived there were Canadians, not Brits. Yes Canada was still a British colony, but the people who lived there were no more "British" than the Quebecois or Iroquois natives were.

Also living and fighting for Canada at the time were many ex-American loyalists.
>>
>>55858459

they simply do not have enough military forces to patrol and maintain control of their vast tracts of clay

if russia managed to dig in, they'd be there until the americans helped
>>
>>55858973
And Canada is the retard faggot stoner that it's attached to.
>>
the idea is we should never have to

our military operations that actually matter, IE our foreign aid and support ops, counter-terrorism forces and military police are all world class

what would even be the objective in a war on canadian soil? defense of the cities? we don't have ICBM defense. our military would definitely be hard pressed to defend our civilian population if genocide was, for some reason, the objective.

if seizure of the oil sands in alberta was the objective, then we would kick ass; objective defense via asymmetrical warfare with no concerns of navy presence? definitely; but that kind of attack would either be coming from the US (wot?) or from over the Rockies; and good fucking luck getting any real troop movement happening through BC past the RCMP and the Reserve, because no boats are getting into hudson bay unharassed either.
>>
>>55859032
only Russia can use that trick
>>
>>55858459
>could Canada hold it's own if a war broke out?

Against who?
>>
>>55859845

Those Canadians were descendents of English and British. Canada now is a mongrel nation filled with pakis and chinks.
>>
>>55859845
You're confusing regional names with national demonyms.

And I would hardly call those who abandoned the colonies during or immediately after their war for independence was settled "American," out of respect to them more than anything.
>>
>>55858863
War Plan Red is some interesting shit if you have the time to look into it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py4CnYOVfto
>>
>>55859138
>led by French speaking Charles de Salaberry from Lower Canada

Yeah that sure sounds like the "Brits" who kicked your asses, eh?
>>
>>55860627
>fighting for the British
>getting upset when people describe them as such
We certainly weren't fighting the French.
>>
>>55858459

I think fags would prefer figure skating

So off they go!
>>
>>55860903
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Chateauguay

Literally the only thing "British" was the flag. Even the Belligerants are listed as Lower Canada + Mohawk Nation.
>>
>>55861396
>Lower Canada
That'd be like having New York as a belligerent. They were still British. (minus the Mohawks, natch)
>>
>Against America

We'd be pretty much fucked. They'd capture Toronto, Vancouver, Montréal, Ottawa, Calgary, and Halifax within hours. The only question would be if the Minister of Defense and/or PM and/or Governor General were able to withdraw North fast enough to maintain a semblance of chain of command.

The air force would either have to stay grounded or be leveled before being able to take off.

It would really come down to whether we'd be able to turn it into an unwinnable quagmire of guerilla attacks, harsh weather, and civilian revolts. America sucks at dealing with those.

>Anyone else

Russia I think we could stop or at least slow down before they got here. Coming over the Pole isn't really viable with decent materiel, so if enough of the navy was able to get to the West Coast we could make the land invasion harder then effectively defend within BC.

We'd lose to China due to the Yellow Tide as well as the fact that the civilians in BC would probably support them.

Most of Latin America wouldn't be in much of a position to fight us one on one, and the ones that are (Brazil, Argentina) are too big for us to invade even if we had a breakthrough battle.

Our only other "significant" neighbor we'd conceivably ever fight is Denmark. We'd take Greenland no problem, but probably get Shrek'd by the EU's response force.
>>
>>55859377
Makes sense. Half your population is french and the other half are chinks
>>
>>55859514
I live in Montreal and let me tell you Quénec will never separate from Canada.
>>
>>55861811
*Québec

sorry, had a few too many
>>
File: 1439341038872.jpg (295 KB, 1181x788) Image search: [Google]
1439341038872.jpg
295 KB, 1181x788
We'd do just fine. If our cities were sacked, big whoop, they are full of degenerates and it would be favourable. We are a giant country not some sandy shit hole or a little coastal strip with a jungle. I'd imagine it would be much like the Russians vs. Funland.
>>
>>55859959
says the retard faggot stoner
>>
File: harper trudeau comparison.jpg (125 KB, 1006x352) Image search: [Google]
harper trudeau comparison.jpg
125 KB, 1006x352
>>55858459
I would only fight for this country under a conservative government. There's no way I'd put my life on the line to defend a country governed by the keks of the liberals and NDP.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.