[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thinking of getting braces
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 2
Hi, 23 y/o anon here.

Thinking of getting braces. My parents didn't care enough about me throughout my childhood and completely disregarded my dental health. I once saw a dentist at around age 8 and didn't see one again until around 20 when I went there myself. As a result, my jawline is complete shit. I have an underbite.

I'm thinking of just dumping the ~$5,000 or so and just putting braces on.

Feels shitty. :(
>>
>>55856855
You go to an orthodontist for braces
>>
>>55856982
Yeah I know. It just feels shitty that it could've been done when I was young and I'd never have to have a shitty jaw. Fuck my life desu.
>>
why is this on /pol/? Anyway, if you have the money then yeah do it faggot
>>
>>55857052
The pics don't explain your situation. Braces only change the angle of your teeth. They wouldn't change the way your jaw fits on your skull.
>>
>>55857192
How often do you see adults walking around with braces?
>>
>>55857282
I just got mine on and I'm 22, however I work as a software engineer so I don't really go outside ever haha, so I don't really care.

Truth be told anon, if you need braces, you probably have shitty looking teeth. If you have shitty looking teeth, you should practice speaking without showing your teeth at all. If you can do this without braces, you can do it with braces. It's important that you get them on already, so bite the bullet.
>>
>>55857242
It will idealy shift your upper/lower mandible, depending on if you have over/underbite. Thing is, I'm 23, I don't know what effect it will do.
>>
>>55857397
Oh I know, I don't really show my teeth except for slightly when I smile etc. The other issue I have is that my jawline is complete shit due to underbite.
>>
>>55857282
who cares? get invisalign and jaw surgery instead then
>>
>>55857629
Look like a complete NEET when you are 23 and have braces.
>>
>>55856855
>>>/adv/
>>
>>55857802
whatever man would you rather spend 2 years with braces or the rest of your life with your shitty underbite
>>
>>55856855
/adv/ is over there.

Funny though, I'm the same age and considering braces too. Just do it faggot, we'll have pretty smiles by our late 20's when shit actually matters.
>>
>>55857438
You'd probably want to set up a consultation with an orthodontist. They will go over what plans would be best for you and give you a few options concerning what you'd want to do. Do you have dental insurance?
>>
>>55856855
>Thinking of getting braces.

At least then you'll have an excuse for never having a date.
>>
>>55856855

better late than never I say.
>>
>>55857997
No dental insurance.
>>55858016
I honestly don't even care about ever getting a date anymore. Too old for this shit.
>>
>>55856855
You cant get rid of underbite with braces, i had braces and developed and underbite once my jaw grew.

The only literal solution is jew surgery wear they reduce the length by removing part of your jaw and teeth>>55856855
>>
>>55858251
I don't have a gigantic underbite. You need surgery if it's major.
>>
>had straight teeth without ever using braces
>recently an extra tooth grew and screwed over my lower central incisors

I'm 25 and i'm obviously going to get rid of the extra tooth and probably get braces too to fix these crooked teeth.

Man, i really liked my straight teeth
>>
>>55858655
Both my brothers have nice teeth and a nice jawline as a result. FML :(
>>
>>55856855
Get it. Best investment.
>>
>>55856855

I did it at your age. Get invisalign.

Just becareful. I had some bone loss as a result of it. Not enough to make a difference, but still, sucks.
>>
>>55860311
What is invisalign?
>>
>>55856855
26 yr old with braces, they hurt my friend
>>
>>55861144
Pussy

I'm a canadian and even I didn't think braces "hurt"
>>
>>55861144
The pain of having shit teeth/jaw has to be way worse senpai.
>>
>>55857802
its invisaline though how long do you have to wear them
>>
>>55856855
>I'm too lazy to hold my jaw forward and develop the muscles properly

Braces aren't the real fix for poorly developed jaw bones, and a lot of the causes of bad teeth are tied to behavior which led to poorly developed jawbone+muscles

Of course, a dentist or orthodontist won't ever tell you these things.
>>
Some insurances may cover it
>>
>>55862051
3 years at least i would assume.
>>
>>55862150
How? I go out buy a year of insurance and my braces are covered? I heard you can get a discount with insurance.
>>
>>55856855
Do NOT get braces. Get invisalign. It might be a bit more expensive, but it is WAY worth it since you are now an adult.
>>
>>55862229
They're almost invisible, so that is one of the pros about it too.
>>
If you didn't get them by your early 20's don't bother
>>
>>55863613
Why? What's considered early 20s?
>>
I currently wear invisalign. They're working really well. I'd try to get those over braces if your case isn't too serious.
>>
>>55863403
>but it is WAY worth it since you are now an adult.
So I should get it just because it's harder to see the braces? I'm used to never smiling and keeping my teeth hidden, I don't think it will make much of a difference to me.
>>
File: [jewing intensifies].jpg (6 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
[jewing intensifies].jpg
6 KB, 320x180
>>55856855
>purchasing the orthodontic jew
>>
>>55863932
What good is money anyways if your teeth are shit, cause an underbite, and make ur jaw look shitty?
>>
Dentist here OP.

If you have an underbight you will need to go to the orthodontist and get an examination. They will take some x-rays and determine if its skeletal or dental.

If its dental you will wear braces and get it corrected.

If its skeletal you will need braces and then surgery.

Health insurance will pay for the surgery.

My advice: Do it, you'll be able to eat well and that will be worth it alone. Then aesthetically you will be happier with yourself when you look how you were supposed to.

Also, what does this have to do with politics?

That will be $100 for the consult.
>>
>>55863893
Well, its just a general statement because people go do job interviews and social-what nots.

But hey, if you don't really need it, don't get it. Braces are fine, but its just that Invisalign is more comfortable and convienent (subjective; you have to take it out put it back, etc...)

Its up to you man. Also, do NOT go cheap on your orthodontist nor fall for a jew. Ask around and quote around. Visit them, etc... you got this bro.

>be me
>16
>got braces
>2 years later
>teeth looks great
>1 year later
>retainers break
>costs hundreds to replace
>teeth shifted slightly
>gets offered to shift em back for 1 grand
>fuck that shit
>2 years later
>teeth is almost back to original shape because no more retainer
>saved up 5 grand and used it on invisalign
>flashfoward to 2015
>teeth perfect

Not advertising, but just telling you my story and want to share the pros about it. :\
>>
>>55864245
What about a slight crossbite?
>>
>>55864245
Not really political. I just think it's not very PC to wear braces as an adult is all, part of my hesitation. Thanks for the advice though, I'll start with the appointment I guess.
>>
>>55863932
>blanking the blank jew

fuck off shitposter
>>
>>55856855
Don't feel too bad, OP.

You should really care more about gum health and preventing cavities.

Make it a goal to keep as much as your normal teeth as possible until you are like 90 years old or something.

Because getting fake teeth to replace your destroyed real teeth kinda sucks.
>>
>>55856855

I had invislign, and when you're in your 20's, it's well worth it. It fixed most of my problems and my teeth has so many fucking gaps it's not even funny.

They look better now, a lot better. Problem is, I have a slight overbite as well. Unfortunately you can only fix so much of that. I wish you look that your overbite is fixed. I still have one to a certain extent and it sucks. Doc said that I would need to remove a molar which could fix some of it.
>>
>>55864488
I'm actually lucky I only lost 1 tooth (upper right near the end, can't see it) with how I didn't give a shit about brushing teeth and not seeing a dentist for like 12 years and probably never having a cleaning done in my life until age 20.
>>
>>55864288
Unfortunately, only a few percentage of people will never need to wear retainers again after the use of braces. Those are the lucky people.
>>
>>55864618
Both of the grandparents from my mom and dad's side all lost their teeth and use those cartoony looking dentures.

When I see that, I pray that I can hold on to my real teeth as long as possible. Thank god, I lost the super sweet tooth I used to have in my younger years.
>>
>>55864245
>Health insurance will pay for the surgery.
Not Obamacare though right?
>>
>>55864618
I was the same as you and I regret not being more picky in selecting a dentist to clean my teeth.

The dentist I had cleaned my teeth way too hard.

My teeth were in pain for more than a month.

Luckily, I still have all my teeth.

If I ever get told I have to take a tooth out, I'll make sure to get a second opinion.
>>
>>55865073
>The dentist I had cleaned my teeth way too hard.
I heard you should only do the "light cleaning" option, the other cleaning they do is if you never floss and there is gigantic buildups of that rocky material on your lower row of teeth.
>>
>>55864288
My girlfriend had her permanent brace fall off and after a couple years broke her retainer and her teeth shifted back by now. I feel bad because she was going to go to the dentist and I said it's been years don't worry about it kek.

Yeah, definitely use your retainer OP.
>>
>>55857877
This

OP /pol/ is not your personal blog, keep this shit off of here.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.