[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
was him being a bad president a meme
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 8
File: bush.jpg (7 KB, 195x258) Image search: [Google]
bush.jpg
7 KB, 195x258
was him being a bad president a meme
>>
No not really. He was a genuinely bad president.

Have you forgotten Iraq?
>>
>>55828825
If you're a libertardian you shouldn't like him since he spent more than anyone and got us in wars for no reason
>>
>Patriot Act
He's shit for that also
>>
>>55828825
No, he was fucking terrible.

Besides Trump trying to set the bar even higher just for the lulz, I have no fucking idea how someone can fuck up more than him.
>>
>get attacked by Saudis
>invade Afghanistan in retaliation
>invade Iraq too because we're just shooting for style points now
>skyrocket the debt
>spying for everyone
Truly an American Augustus.
>>
>>55828825
No he was a terrible president, its just that he seems amazing when compared to his successor.
>>
In retrospect at least he never directly funded and supported terrorists like Obama does.

He was still shit though.
>>
>>55829101
Saudi Arabia was already transitioning into a modern state, there was no need to fuck with them.
>>
>>55828825
He was fine. Just very polarizing. The good he did was very good the bad was very bad
>>
Everyone that has posted in this thread so far is under 18.
>>
>>55828825
Yes, it was a bullshit meme the left thought up because they are terrible at propaganda. Also everything they blame him for was done by the left themselves so they couldn't use any real arguments
>>
>>55829198

>I don't know the history of US involvement in Saudi Arabia
>>
>>55828825
>>55828920
>>55829037
>>55829100
>>55829101
>>55829158
>>55829169

he kept us safe
>>
>>55829037
>spent more than anyone
Yeah no, Onigger has spent more than anyone in the history of the US. Also Congress and the Senate are the ones that pushed for the massive amounts of spending.
But you're retarded so you wouldn't know that
>>
>>55829198
KEK
E
K

Saudi Arabia is still an oppressive monarchy and still supporting terrorists around the world, including ISIS.
>>
>>55829237
Even if we accept the idea that the left is guilty of everything he is, that in no way makes Bush a good president.
>>
File: 1445131259296.jpg (149 KB, 485x769) Image search: [Google]
1445131259296.jpg
149 KB, 485x769
>tfw Obama turned out to be so horrible we are actually debating whether bush was good or not

I honestly thought we couldn't get any worse then the Bush years, little did I know the ride had just begun
>>
>>55828825
I don't think he made any decisions. He seems like a genuinely nice guy, like he kept his childhood innocence.
>>
File: Presidential boots.jpg (100 KB, 700x590) Image search: [Google]
Presidential boots.jpg
100 KB, 700x590
Say what you want about his foreign and domestic policy, the guy had class.
>>
File: 1447130678903.jpg (57 KB, 485x350) Image search: [Google]
1447130678903.jpg
57 KB, 485x350
>>55829037
All these butthurt children who fell for the meme
Fuckin keks don't belong here
>>
>>55829338
Jeb pls
>>
>>55828825
WOULD YOU RATHER AL "THE SNORE" GORE?
>>
>>55828825
Him and Obama are two extremely disappointing Presidents. Come to think of it when was the last time we had one that was legitimately good? Eisenhower?
>>
>>55829682
WHAT WAS WRONG WITH BIG BILL?
>>
He was a poor president. Not 'worst president ever' like these liberal shit stains will claim. Regardless Obama has been worse in just about every way
>>
>>55829338
No he didn't, he did literally nothing to stop terrorism

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2015/10/did-george-w-bush-do-all-he-could-to-prevent-911/411175/

He actually argued against profiling arabs in the 2000 debates

https://youtu.be/zBXoItXHLTM?t=46m25s

at the 47:28
>>
>>55829315
Whether you agree with his decision or not, it had logic behind it which is hard to argue against. He knew that the same kind of terrorism that came out of Saudi Arabia would eventually arise from Iraq and as we just saw, he was right.
>>
>>55829344
>Onigger has spent more than anyone in the history of the US
If you check the numbers that isn't as clear cut as you're making it.
>>
>>55829338
No he didn't, he let 9/11 happen.

He's the only President since FDR who didn't keep us safe.
>>
>>55829338
He wasn't a good president. Undoubtedly, 9/11 and the shit that followed would tarnish anyone's presidency, and the housing market only made his time worse.
He was an okay president in bad times, but he did not step up to the Plate and instead was controlled by his advisors and interests, namely Israel.

And I like Bush, I'm just trying to be objective.
>>
>>55828825
He helped crash the world economy and destabilized the Middle East. I think not.
>>
We had a bromance with Russia with Bush.

I miss our big cuddly bear.
>>
No, ISIS is Bush's fault dumb ass
>>
>>55829803
That terrorism only came out of Iraq because Bush removed Saddam and the Saudis began funding Sunni terrorists in Northern Iraq.

Under Saddam all terrorists were tortured and BTFO.
>>
good president? he is literally one of the biggest criminals of your time.
>>
>>55829974
Yeah when you torture people, they become terrorists, who would have thought?
>>
File: 1861358-thumb-300xauto-1617021.jpg (14 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
1861358-thumb-300xauto-1617021.jpg
14 KB, 300x225
>>55828825

>Win 2 elections
>wreck Saddam and talibans
>Save world from financial mayhem
>get pretty much everything he ever wants from congress (unlike obabo who can't negotiate for shit)

he's in the upper tier of better presidents. one of his mid-level foreign policy guys was left to run iraq and he fucked up majorly because he was focused on writing their constitution and putting like, anti-abortion shit in there (as if muzzies are all abort happy)

but even after the big mistake of de-baathification, they managed to put a lid on iraq with Patreaus

History will be kinder to him that our generation has been, just like Cheney said.
>>
>>55829338
Is that why over 3000 Americans were killed by terrorists while he was president
>>
>>55828825
In the retarded don't know what meme is way? No.
In the sense that we will keep bringing up how bad of a of president he was and make fun of the dumb things he did and said. Yes.
>>
>>55829344

also this. underrated post
>>
>>55830094
Can't tell if memeing or just a typical retarded Belgian
>>
>>55830139
Bush's and Clinton's fault.
>>
>>55830370
Ah of course, I forgot, everything bad that happened under dubya's presidency was actually someone else's fault. He has no personal responsibility at all. That's not a childish attitude or anything.
>>
>>55829682
Reagan and to a lesser extent slick willy
>>
>>55830094
>Win 2 elections
He stole one
>wreck Saddam and talibans
Not who we were fighting. We were fighting al qaeda.
>Save world from financial mayhem
What? No, not even close. In fact the opposite is more true.
>get pretty much everything he ever wants from congress (unlike obabo who can't negotiate for shit)
Only in those first two years. He had to use the greatest tragedy in the last 50 years to get the rest of what he wanted. He used nothing but lies and propaganda to do so.

All of that makes him shit tier. It is laughable to think otherwise.
>>
>>55829816
>>55829338
How did he let 9/11 happen. It wasn't his fault at all. You can't blame FDR for pearl harbor. There was nothing he could have done other than start spying on his citizens.
This is so ridiculous. You wine about the president letting terrorist attack then you wine they try to stop with the NSA surveillance.
>>
>>55830646
Then what is your standard of "keeping us safe" if not preventing major terrorist attacks? What exactly did he do to "keep us safe", then?
>>
He was one of the worst president in US history without a doubt.
>>
>>55830603
Taliban hid al qaeda buddy
>>
>>55830769
But he makes a point. Everyone always says that "he knew" about the attacks, but what was he supposed to do?
>>
>>55830091
>Yeah when you torture people, they become terrorists, who would have thought?

That and there was no effective government in northern Iraq anymore. The Sunnis were more or less completely lawless and ungoverned until ISIS took over.
>>
>>55831007
What does it matter what he was "supposed to do"? The fact is he didn't. You can argue that it wasn't possible for him to keep Americans safe, but you can't argue that he "kept us safe".
>>
>>55830769
There is literally nothing that can be done for a president to keep us safe during surprise attacks. Especially if the surprise attacks were from people already inside the country.
He didn't do anything to keep us safe. And thats a good thing. I'd rather be unsafe and free then safe and not. You are acting as though as if its the presidents job to make sure every one in the country is safe and comfortable. No president in the history of presidents has ever kept us safe. In the way you would want Bush to do.
>>
>>55830091
Saddam killed them though. There was fuck all terrorism under him. I mean, yeah he was evil, but instead of a dictator fucking around in the Middle East, you have modern day Mohammad looking to carve out a global caliphate.
>>
>>55830791
Well Obama did take the number one spot.
>>
File: farmerdog.jpg (657 KB, 813x1024) Image search: [Google]
farmerdog.jpg
657 KB, 813x1024
>9/11
>Iraq
>Patriot Act
>No Child Left Behind
>increasing federal spending while cutting taxes
>GDP increase was shit
>deregulating Wall Street which lead to a severe financial crisis
>fucked with OSHA regulations, enabling record profits for corporations and diminishing the middle class
>500,000 jobs lost by the time he left office
>Responsible for hiring the dumbshit leaders of FEMA that dropped the ball on Katrina
>let's not forget him firing a whole bunch of u.s. attorneys for strictly political reasons.

But to be fair, Bush was a puppet who's strings were pulled by Cheney.

Also to be fair, Bush's cabinet was a Republican Star Studded affair, and it's interesting to see how their policies failed when they were considered top of their game.

Bush took a lot of hits in the media, sure. Jon Stewart made a career of lambasting him, but when you strip away the media and you're left with the Man, His Policies, and His Actions...Bush is still a dumb piece of shit
>>
>>55831253
>He didn't do anything to keep us safe.
Neat, that's all I'm saying. Everything else you're ascribing to me just sounds like I triggered you somehow.
>>
>>55830864
In Afghanistan? Where they found Bin Laden? Oh wait.
>>
>>55828825

He had a great golf swing.
>>
File: LBJ_At_Ranch_1972.jpg (1 MB, 2000x1325) Image search: [Google]
LBJ_At_Ranch_1972.jpg
1 MB, 2000x1325
>>55829682
>>
>>55831375
Your acting as though thats a bad thing.
>>
he was cool guy.because of him I got to kill shitskin savages with almost no consequence.saddens me though now as a 33yo man with 2 kids and a wife of 12 years that he stopped too soon and now the world is suffering because we didn't go all the way with our genocide crusade
>>
>>55829338
whatever you say, Jeb
>>
>>55828920
>forgetting iraq
>current year

COME ON!!!
>>
>>55830646
Him, Clinton, and Bush Sr. All Let 9/11 happen. The info was there, nobody really gave a shit til Osama made his move.
>>
>>55831511
I'm literally not. I'm literally just saying that the claim "he kept us safe" is false.
>>
File: french-girl.jpg (67 KB, 530x420) Image search: [Google]
french-girl.jpg
67 KB, 530x420
France bombing like motherfuckers as I type...

it's on!
>>
>>55831342
>>55831333
Bush was a stupid man who tried his best, and I liked him for it. Obama now is not doing well, but c'mon, you have to admit Obama's first term was better than Bush in general
>>
>>55828825
Basically the left hates anyone that isn't their own, they are incapable of believing that anyone else might be anything but terrible. So they hated Bush with a furry.

In terms of policy he was fine everything he passed that was questionable had a sunset clause to it. He worked with the congress to reach his administrative goals rather than what Obama did/does which is try to claim powers that the president doesn't have.

The war with Iraq was justified given that Iraq broke it's cease fire when it targeted US/UK aircraft with SAM RADAR. And that Iraq had WMD as defined by the UN and banned Iraq from having in the form of the extended range SCUD missiles.

So in short yes him being bad was just a liberal meme.
>>
>>55829854
Because putin and bush are both dudebros.
>>
>>55829721
>WHAT WAS WRONG WITH BIG BILL?
Took bribes from the Chinese, oversaw the 2 worst police actions by federal agencies in at least 40 years. Did nothing and claimed internet bubble as something he did.
>>
>>55828825
It's not so much a meme as a fabrication from whole cloth by the American left.
>>
A lot of it was a meme, but the war in Iraq really was a pretty terrible mistake.
>>
>>55830646
>You wine about the president letting terrorist attack then you wine they try to stop with the NSA surveillance.

That's because the NSA doesn't spend it's time trying to stop terrorists, it spends it's time trying to build a database on US citizens that have little to no chance of every being a security threat.

99.99999% of what the NSA does is spy on people with no criminal record, no reason to suspect them of wrong doing, no possibility of ever being a threat.
>>
>>55832315
nah dude. it's not a fabrication. Bush was Shit.
>>
If Bush were still president, what would Syria and Iraq look like now? I am interesting in people's opinions.
>>
>>55831675
King nigger never did well
>>
>>55832519
He would attack them terrorists
>>
>>55832519
They would be harsh but stable nations like they'd been for decades before dubya's business buddies convinced him to fuck their shit up.
>>
>>55831342
go back to the DU you retarded fossil faggots
>>
>>55831675
>Obama now is not doing well, but c'mon, you have to admit Obama's first term was better than Bush in general

Enjoyed stability Bush's military policies created
>immediately fucks them up
Enjoys a financial bump Bush's domestic policies created
>immediately fucks them up

you're a public school kid aren't you?
>>
>>55830603

Which world leader holds the distinction of making the “greatest economic statement of all time”? According to Warren Buffett, it’s George W. Bush.

During recent meeting in Maryland with 20 MBA students, the billionaire investor gave the former president credit for keenly understanding the stakes of the 2008 financial crisis.

“There was $3.5 trillion in money market funds and $175 billion of funds flowed out in the first three days after Lehman failed,” Mr. Buffett said in reply to a question about Goldman Sachs, according to the notes from the meeting. “All money market funds held commercial paper. Companies like GE had a lot of commercial paper. After this, American industry literally stopped. George Bush said, ‘If money doesn’t loosen up, this sucker will go down’ — I believe this was the greatest economic statement of all time.”
>>
>>55831342

Wall Street was deregulated by Bill Clinton, look up redlining. They forced banks to give loans to minorities and other poor people with no regard for their ability to repay.
>>
>>55830603
>He stole one
Go to bed, Gore.
>>
>>55832985
who's enjoying these things?
I work and am a conservative republican who works uber hard
>>
>>55828825
Why don't you read this and then you tell me if it is a meme or not.
http://www.alternet.org/news-amp-politics/50-reasons-you-despised-george-w-bushs-presidency-reminder-day-his-presidential?page=0%2C0
>>
>>55833263
Bush v Gore was about as constitutionally sound as Roe v Wade
>>
>>55832405
But we have the most sophisticated advertising system imaginable now! You get custom-catered adverts right before your eyes on yoru phone, laptop, radio podcasts, etc...

What a time to be alive!
>>
>>55833029
>according to Warren Buffett

stopped reading there.
>>
>>55833102
redlining isn't giving me anything
>>
>>55834563
What's wrong with Buffett? You don't like Tequila?
>>
>>55835292
Are you referring to Jimmy Buffet?
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.