[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I respect Orthodox and Catholic ethics, teachings and culture
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 205
Thread images: 17
File: 0a0fecc5b8ba.jpg (71 KB, 500x696) Image search: [Google]
0a0fecc5b8ba.jpg
71 KB, 500x696
I respect Orthodox and Catholic ethics, teachings and culture and I'd love to convert. There's this energy that pulls me to them. But how do I believe in something that doesn't make sense to me?

What is this syndrome called? Loving everything about Christianity but not believing in the theological aspect of it? Would I be considered a Christian atheist?
>>
>>55827995
It's called "being a good person" bruh. As a Catholic who's slowly sliding towards non-practicing (not going to church except when I'm visiting family) I don't see anything wrong with your current standpoint. You don't need to force yourself to embrace the theological side. Even among Christian denominations there are differences about that stuff.

If you really want to go all the way, just find explanations that make sense. Stuff like "the bible says God created everything in 7 days, but what is "7 days" to an immortal entity before the creation of the solar system". You know what I mean? Plenty of that stuff is open enough for personal interpretation.
>>
>>55827995
"Culturally" Catholic or Christian. Same applies to people who were raised in the faith but no longer believe it. They're on the inside but nonparticipants.
>>
>>55828874
This.
>>
>>55827995

You're culturally catholic.

You respect, and adhere to the catholic way of life and believe others should do the same without actually theologically believing in it.

TL:DR - you're the one kind of atheist allowed in catholic scociety
>>
>>55827995
>What is this syndrome called?
Hanjub Syndrome
>>
>>55827995
Christian iconography and mysticism are very attractive.

They're good meditative subjects, and you may see them as aspect of the divine without them being the definitive answers.

Just contemplate them.
>>
>>55828874
I actually believe in a creator already. But it's not something we can define. It wouldn't make sense for existence to exist out of nowhere for no reason.

You know what a wise man said. When you take a sip from the glass of wisdom, you become atheist. You down the glass and you believe in God.
>>
>>55827995
God and theology are to Christiniaty what Atomic Theory is to Termodynamcis. It's fine, and explains some things, but even if they were proved false, the former would still have power by itself.
>>
>>55829795
Woah, which wise man?
>>
>>55830761
Werner Heisenberg.
>>
>>55829795
Dank meme dude
>>
>lmao at catholics with their sect in this thread

if you are not orthodox you are not christian but a orthodox sect
>>
i'd just call it being a "Machiavellian Theist"
>>
Convert to orthodoxy , it will be usefull after we take Constantinople again
>>
>>55831224
gypsy faggot
>>
>>55831317
not even in your dreams. istanbul is muslim and it'll stay that way until the apocalypse
>>
>>55831504

In the Bible apostles preach that only after Constantinople becomes christian again , the apocalypse can start.This will happen after Damascus will fall and it will.
>>
File: p1.png (1 MB, 1007x658) Image search: [Google]
p1.png
1 MB, 1007x658
Idk why muslims follow a death sect created by a pedophile,rapist,gang leader and analphabet
>>
File: p2.png (1 MB, 1022x693) Image search: [Google]
p2.png
1 MB, 1022x693
>>55831858
>>
You have been westernised
The values of the west have remplaced the ones from the west.
It also could mean that you have personality disorders.

If you start to feel symptons of depression or insomnia don't hesitate to consult a shirnk or your local religious leader.
>>
>>55832029
the ones of the east i mean
>>
>>55831224
>>55831317
Gypsy kikes shouldn't even have a say.
>>
>>55832181

heres your reply.

My Country has 4% gipsies and are treated like subhuman slaves, while yours is 40% nonwhite
>>
>>55827995
Look up writing of Theologians and the Church Fathers, and it will eventually come together. Also read the Bible, but the Good Book isn't all there is unlike what some Protestard would say.
>>
>>55832313

In Mounth Athos are kept the original written in greek, best bibles are from there
>>
>>55827995

Maybe you just admire western civilization?
>>
>>55832252
And one is a small as fuck country and the other is a giant one.
Know your role, you gypsy.
>>
>>55832313
King James' Version?
>>
>>55832502

lmao you amerifats are literally dumb

40% is 40% , everything is relative.

Thats like saying that a country with 1billion people that has 90% nonwhites is whiter than a country with 100million people that has 10% nonwhites

>>55832579

go to Mount Athos were the original are kept and buy a Bible fro the orthodox monks
>>
>>55832659
And then again, we aren't talking about America, I'm talking about your shithole and the fact that you're a heretic.
>>
There are no christians anymore. Christians hung witches, burned people at the stake, beheaded people etc...

Western religions are all watered down and all follow fundamental humanitarian principles, or at least claim to.

What you want to follow, is humanitarianism, basically fairness, human rights, rule of law, that kind of stuff.
>>
File: 1443709686985.jpg (107 KB, 647x720) Image search: [Google]
1443709686985.jpg
107 KB, 647x720
>>55827995
Convert to Christianity and help reestablish Byzantium. It's your holy duty, Mehmet
>>
>>55832829

you cant call heretics the only religion that was funded by Christ and the apostles

>>55833012

those were not christians but fake christian sect that call themselfs catholic

Orthodox church, the true faith(ortho-daxia) considers everyone including catholics as a pagan sect
>>
File: HramSvetogSaveBeogradSrbija6a.jpg (75 KB, 737x553) Image search: [Google]
HramSvetogSaveBeogradSrbija6a.jpg
75 KB, 737x553
"Orthodoxy or Death"

This saying is not about converting others to Orthodox Christianity. It means to remain Orthodox rather than convert - which many times led to being killed for the faith.
>>
>>55832579
You don't have much an understand of Christainity yet, from what I see many converts who come from a foreign culture don't completely understand it all at first.

For example, the frog told you to read the Bible but then mocked Protestants. You then asked if you could read the KJV which is like the most protestant Bible there is.

Its okay fom, I'll try to answer any questions you have from a Catholic point of view.
>>
>>55833188
I'm pretty sure Christ didn't have any funds.
Unless your talking about founded, which in that case, it managed to get to Rome.
>>
>>55827995
>Would I be considered a Christian atheist?
That's basically every Christian under the age of 50.

Religion gets in the way of evolution.
>>
>>55833188
>Romania

Hue, have you forgotten it was the Orthodox Church that split from the Seat of Peter? Not the other way around, the Original Church was founded in Rome. Not Constantinople, Athens, or Moscow.

If anything, you're the mystic pagans.
>>
>>55833316
So what do I read instead of the KJV?
>>
>>55833557

no.Before great schism both roman and eaast christianity were virtuall the same.Only after the split catholicism appeared but the east called orthodoxy kept the same teachings.

he schism occured because the pope wanted more power.Bible warns that Rome and Catholicism are a sect of Satan
>>
>>55827995
It's called being a 'Virtuous Nonbeliever'
>>
>>55833727

The Eastern Orthodox Church is one of the oldest religious institutions in the world,[6] teaching that it is the continuation of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church established by Jesus Christ in his Great Commission to the apostles,[7] and practicing what it understands to be the original faith passed down from the Apostles (Holy Tradition).
>>
>>55833727
Uh huh, alright sure.

You just shouldn't handle all the dank progress we were making in the theological and philosophical reasoning.

>>55833617
The New American Bible, a good Catholic Bible for all your learning needs. Anyways, the KJV is all very poetic.
>>
>>55833872
Yes, its a continuation. Thats the difference, The Catholic Church IS the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church established by Christ, and founded by Peter.

You are simply a continuation, a break off sect, a way for the Tzar to have greater power.
>>
Also, what do you guys think about the bribery, scam, etc. accusations against the Catholic church?
>>
>>55833617
Protestant bibles are missing several books, the main thing is just to have it complete. Personally I use the old Douai-Rheims, which is popular among traditional Catholics, but the language is pretty archaic if you don't know much english
>>
>>55833617
i read the modern Wycliffe translation
>>
>>55833617
read the quran you stupid fucking kâfir vatanhaini
>>
>>55834166

are you autistic?

I just explained you but you dont want to understand.

There is only one church, the Orthodox Church which keeps the traditions of East+Roman Church(One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church) before the split.Catholicism is around 1000 years old and was created by a power avid pope and just like muslims and all sects always seeked to convert even by force
>>
>>55834366

Quran was written by a jew most likely as copies of it dated 500 years before Muhammed were found.

see >>55831927
>>55831858
>>
>>55827995
It's called being an atheist, OP.

I, too, have morals and values. No god required.
>>
>>55834291
There are always rotten apples, its a shame but it doesn't destroy the entire Church. There are good men and bad men.

>>55834309
I'm wondering, do you come from a long line of St. Thomas Christians, or the newly converts from the European colonization, or just an isolated case of conversion.
>>
>>55834519
Are you fucking autistic

It was the East that split from Rome, not the other way around.

There is only one true Holy Roman Catholic Church, and its seated in the Vatican. Your slavs split 1000 years ago.
>>
It's called being a Cultural Catholic.

Except unless you were raised in the church or did the catechism and converted at some point then you're more of a LARPer
>>
>>55834808
Who the fuck LARPS as a Catholic?
>>
>>55834765

I thought they excommunicated each other at pretty much the same time.
>>
>>55834970
People going as Crusaders?
>>
>>55834291
I only have a general idea of what happened, but I know for a fact that nobody condones it. No matter how high up you may be in the church, you're not above the scrutiny of everyone else.

I think that it's inevitable that bad people will find their way into an organization as large as the catholic church. In fact, I suspect that increases in child molestation cases are due to potential molesters seeing joining the priesthood as an opportunity.

Regardless, christianity will never die because of stuff like this. The church exists as a means to organize and unite christians. It's just a vessel. As long as people still follow and uphold the moral values and teachings of christianity the religion will survive.
>>
>>55834291
Shit happens everywhere.
Be it a teacher, a grocer, or some random lout, people are corrupt as fuck sometimes and gets into the church.
>>
>>55827995

There's nothing wrong with being a moderate Christian. How about you take the Bible and it's teachings as a reference for good behaviour. There's no proof for God, that's why it's called belief.
>>
>>55827995

You are a cultural Christian like me.

I believe in Christian values, but don't believe any of the supernatural nonsense.

Nothing wrong with that m80
>>
>>55834765

no, read even Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/East%E2%80%93West_Schism
http://www.britannica.com/event/Schism-of-1054

The Pope wanted universal rule over the whole church and the 4 patriarch did not agree.and the roman church started to make heresies towards the origin of the holy spirit

Also Orthodox isnt slav church but has no ethnicity,greeks,thracians, slavs,armenians,georgians are orthodox
>>
>>55834653
Most of my ancestors were European. Around 200 years ago one of them married a Mughal princess and converted to Islam, his descendants were Anglicans somehow, and sometime early in the last century they became Catholic
>>
>>55827995
Have you tried reading the Bible?
>>
>>55827995

God cares about how you act and choose to think, he doesn't care about feelings that you can't control. Sometimes being an Orthodox Catholic means suspending disbelief.

Also wish east and west would stop bickering, in general and in this thread in particular. All this trolling is very unchristian.
>>
>>55835451

catholics are heretics and bring heresies to the Bible, im sorry this is the truth, we will never unite with them, truth cannot unite with lie
>>
>>55835286
>Wikipedia
>trusted
kek
>>
>>55835695

Dumb americum you can get the sources right at the bottom
>>
>>55835641
You're right, why should we unite with a bunch of tsar supporting faggots?
>>
>>55835695
>>55835795

The main reason why the Great Schism happened in the year 1054 is because the bishops in the Eastern Churches or the Greek Churches deny and reject the primacy of the Roman Pontiff as head of the Universal Church.

The then Bishop of Constantinople, Michael Cerularius, challenged the Pope in Rome regarding doctrinal matters. In return, the Pope have sent Cardinal Humbert, a French prelate, to treat with Cerularius. Cerularius refused to meet with Cardinal Humbert and kept him waiting with no audience for months.

Thus, Cardinal Humbert of Silva Candida delivered a notice of excommunication against Patriarch Michael on July 16, 1054, despite the death of Pope Leo three months prior and thus the invalidity of the excommunication. [Many accounts refer to this as a bull of excommunication but it is not a bull unless it is signed by a pope and Pope Leo had not seen it or signed it.] Michael in turn excommunicated the cardinal and the Pope and subsequently removed the pope's name from the diptychs starting the East-West Schism.
>>
>>55835827

These are the main issues that made the Great Schism:

*The primacy of the Bishop of Rome, the Pope, as the head of the Church.
*The use of the Filioque clause. Traditionally, the Nicene Creed spoke of the Holy Spirit "proceeding" from the Father only, but the Western Church began using the filioque clause—"and the Son"—an innovation rejected by the East and later declared by the Orthodox Church to be a heresy.

* Iconoclasm—The Eastern Emperor Leo III the Isaurian (in the eighth century), responding in part to the challenge of Islam in his domain, outlawed the veneration of icons. While many Orthodox bishops in the Byzantine Empire rejected this policy, some Eastern bishops cooperated with it, believing the emperor to be God's agent on earth. The Popes—that is, the bishops of Rome during this period—spoke out strongly both against the policy itself and against the emperor's authority over the church, a tradition which came to be known in the West as Caesaropapism.
* Jurisdiction—Disputes in the Balkans, Southern Italy, and Sicily over whether the Western or Eastern Church had jurisdiction.
* Ecumenical Patriarch—The designation of the Patriarch of Constantinople as Ecumenical Patriarch, which was understood by Rome as universal patriarch and therefore disputed.
>>
>>55835791
Seriously though this Romanian is retarded.

Go back to your goat hill, third world shithole.
>>
>>55835827
This is from the same people who abandoned the west.
>>
>>55827995

Become Christian terrorist and bomb Istanbul.
>>
>>55835869
>>55835827
I hope you know you're currently proving the Catholic point right.

You're even telling us right now it was the EAST that split with the WEST which means you're filthy heretics.
>>
>>55835641

Stop trying to create dissension within the Church.

"Without wishing to resolve yet the difficulties which have arisen between the East and the West concerning the relationship between the Son and the Spirit, we can already say together that this Spirit, which proceeds from the Father (Jn 15:26) as the sole source in the Trinity and which has become the Spirit of our sonship (Rom 8:15) since he is also the Spirit of the Son (Gal 4:6), is communicated to us particularly in the Eucharist by this Son upon whom he reposes in time and in eternity (Jn 1:32)" (Information Service of the Secretariat for Promoting Christian Unity, n. 49, p. 108, I, 6).

The Greek Fathers and the whole Christian Orient speak, in this regard, of the "Father's monarchy", and the Western tradition, following St Augustine, also confesses that the Holy Spirit takes his origin from the Father "principaliter", that is, as principle (De Trinitate XV, 25, 47, PL 42, 1094-1095). In this sense, therefore, the two traditions recognize that the "monarchy of the Father" implies that the Father is the sole Trinitarian Cause (Aitia) or principle (principium) of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.

The filioque is a tempest in a tea-pot.
>>
>>55836025

no.you are austistic and cant understnad simple words.

Roman pope wanted primacy over the 4 patriarchs of East Church.Christians dont make negociations with power avid satanists, we send you straight to hell
>>
>>55836134
You literally just said that the east abandoned the west.
Go get sacked.
>>
>>55836095

>>55836203

but we abandoned it because of them because the pope wanted to rule us thus its their fault.Not to mention the holy spirit heresy >>55836095
>>
>>55836095

Or to put it another way we agree with you entirely on the Trinity. The Latin "procedere" does not mean the same thing as the Greek ἐkπορευόμενον. To say that the Holy Spirit ἐkπορεύεται from the Father would be heresy for a Catholic as much as it is for you. To say that the Holy Spirit procedit from the Father and the Son is not heretical.
>>
>>55836327
The pope wanted the ROMAN EMPIRE to be united.
And you spitted on it. And you got sacked and lost to the horde.
>>
>>55836372

to say that the holy spirit proces from both the father and the son is heretical.

There is only 1 passage in Bible that says about from were Holy Spirit purcedes, every other assumption is heresy

"But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:" John 15:26
>>
>>55835897
>abandoned the west

You abandoned the east. Because of your "crusades" which were just pillaging raids Constantinopole fell.
>>
>>55836507

we dont make deals with power avid popes, and we dont unite with their heresies.
>>
File: 1439000175249.jpg (205 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1439000175249.jpg
205 KB, 768x1024
>>55827995
>>55829795
>>55833617
>>55834366
http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_INDEX.HTM
http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0015/_INDEX.HTM

Read this.
>>
>>55836507
Wait, is Christianity about Roman Empire?
That's the reason of split, someone's too busy spreading the agenda. East is less about making gods out of people.
>>
>>55836507
Your popes did nothing to reinstate the old empire.

Remember Justinianus !? He did reinstate the empire for a period.

Remember Belisarius ?!?

Do you remember how the 4th crusade sacked Constantinopole ?!?

Remember how before that western catholics were allowed into Constantinopole and basically started attacking each other based on their allegiances to some shitty commercial cities ?

Remember how Byzantium kept your asses safe for so long, remember the hundreds of battles it undertook ?!

Fuck off.
>>
>>55836802
And:
http://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/aquinas/summa/
>>
>>55836817
But no one is God but God himself.
>>
>>55836521

It doesn't proceed, as from one source, from the Father and the Son, but it does procedit. Procedere has a particular meaning in Latin theology. If you had any interest in honestly understanding the other half of the Church, rather than spreading dissension and ignorance, you could do a little research and read all about this for yourself.

The Greek Catholic churches recite the creed with no filioque.
>>
>>55836899
Remember how the Byzantium fell and never saved western Europe from the barbarians?
>>
>>55836899

>Your popes did nothing to reinstate the old empire.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Roman_Empire
>>
>>55836957

the Holy Spirit proceds only from the Father.Deal with it.
>>
>>55836972
I repeat. Do you remember Justinianus ?!?

Also western Europe were the Barbarians, except Italy.
>>
>>55827995
You should look in to deism. It's like what you said, the book has good teachings but Jesus wasnt magic
>>
The Orthodox Church was founded on the Day of Holy Pentecost in Jerusalem in 33 AD, fifty days after the Holy Resurrection of Jesus Christ our true God. It has preserved the original teachings of Jesus Christ and His Apostles form that time until the present. The first major Bishops of the Church (known as Patriarchs) have remained Orthodox up to the present. They are the Patriarchs of Jerusalem, Antioch, Alexandria, and Constantinople. Later onwards other Patriarchs also began to develop within the Orthodox Church: Russia, Romania, Serbia, Bulgaria, and Albanian.
>>
>>55837456

Yes, the Roman Catholic Church was a part of the Orthodox Church, believing and teaching the same doctrines and Sacred Tradition, until 1054. It was the Roman Catholic Church that broke away from the Orthodox Church. In that year the Patriarch of Rome, or the bishop of Rome, also known as the Pope of Rome broke away from the original Church by making unacceptable claims of authority over the entire Christian Church. Since then, the Roman Catholic Church has added new teachings, which the ancient Christian Church above rejects. One of these is the Doctrine of the Infallibility of the Pope. Not only this doctrine but also other matters of the faith have developed within the Roman Catholic Church which has since has separated both these Churches.
>>
>>55837058
And did Justiniaus save the west, put boots to asses and force the horde away, letting the pope back into Rome?
>>
>>55837550
Read some more history asshole.
>>
>>55837522

What separates the Roman Catholic Church and the Eastern Orthodox Church is not only the Primacy of the Pope also known as the Infallibility, but also the following heretic innovations of the Roman Catholic Church: The Procession of the Holy Spirit. Purgatory and indulgences. The Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary. Assumption of the Virgin Mary. Invocation of the epiclesis. Unleavened Bread. Holy Communion. Divorce. Clergy's Martal Status.
>>
>>55837643
Burden of proof.
>>
>>55837654
All you not believing in that makes you a pagan

Eat shit and die, Russian wanna be scum
>>
>>55837691
No. Time to get to sleep. Arbeit tomorrow. You faggot. Good night.
>>
>>55827995
Go for Orthodox, m8
>>
File: 5234623456.jpg (152 KB, 800x534) Image search: [Google]
5234623456.jpg
152 KB, 800x534
>>55828525
>>55827995
There's nothing wrong with living a "christian" life but disbeliving yourself

Why would I declare to everyone that I'm agnostic?
>my grandparents are happy
>my parents are happy
>my peers dont initiate "those" conversations with me

Me going to church like 2 times a year and having a cross hanging in my car doesnt hurt me in any way. Its not like I have my penis mutilated, have to pray publicly every 10 minutes or have a wild growing beard.

I don't belive since long ago but I do belive that the christian (orthodox in my case) values are great and pay a huge role in rising children into people who hate degeneracy and want to live a life of love, peace and respect.

I have never even thought about christmas as a day of religious celebration but as a day when you cherish your culture and have a great time with your people
>>
>>55837817
Night you Romanian faggot, I hope your waifu loves you :^)
>>
>>55837811

orthodox church is not russian but greek just as the original Bible, even today in mount Athos is kept the original bible texts written in greek

go believe in your roman heresies and pray to Fatima kek
>>
File: 1446069223825.jpg (19 KB, 385x383) Image search: [Google]
1446069223825.jpg
19 KB, 385x383
>>55831224
>orthodox > catholic
>retards actually belive otherwise
>mfw
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tirUy13Q_L8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAJYdUW8DzY
>>
>>55838075

If you are Roman Catholic, your church shared the same rich apostolic and doctrinal heritage as the Orthodox Church for the first thousand years of its history, since during the first millennium they were one and the same Church. Lamentably, in 1054, the Pope of Rome broke away from the other four Apostolic Patriarchates (which include Constantinople, Alexandria, Antioch and Jerusalem), by tampering with the Original Creed of the Church, and considering himself to be infallible. Thus your church is 1,000 years old.

If you are ORTHODOX Christian, your religion was founded in the year 33 by Jesus Christ, the Son of God. It has not changed since that time. Our church is now almost 2,000 years old. And it is for this reason, that Orthodoxy, the Church of the Apostles and the Fathers is considered the true "one Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church." This is the greatest legacy that we can pass on to the young people of the new millennium.
>>
If you belong to one of the religious organizations known as "Church of the Nazarene, Pentecostal Gospel," "Holiness Church," or "Jehovah's Witnesses," your religion is one of the hundreds of new sects founded by men within the past hundred years.
>>
If you are a Lutheran, your religion was founded by Martin Luther, an ex-monk of the Catholic Church, in the year 1517. If you belong to the Church of England, your religion was founded by King Henry VIII in the year 1534 because the Pope would not grant him a divorce with the right to re-marry. If you are a Presbyterian, your religion was founded by John Knox in Scotland in the year 1560. If you are a Congregationalist, your religion was originated by Robert Brown in Holland in 1582. If you are Protestant Episcopalian, your religion was an offshoot of the Church of England, founded by Samuel Senbury in the American colonies in the 17th century. If you are a Baptist, you owe the tenets of your religion to John Smyth, who launched it in Amsterdam in 1606. If you are of the Dutch Reformed Church, you recognize Michelis Jones as founder because he originated your religion in New York in 1628. If you are a Methodist, your religion was founded by John and Charles Wesley in England in 1774. If you are a Mormon (Latter Day Saints), Joseph Smith started your religion in Palmyra, New York, in 1829. If you worship with the Salvation Army, your sect began with William Booth in London in 1865. If you are Christian Scientist, you look to 1879 as the year in which your religion was born and to Mary Baker Eddy as its founder.
>>
File: 1409729728429.jpg (692 KB, 3200x2150) Image search: [Google]
1409729728429.jpg
692 KB, 3200x2150
Many more people then you would think began their spiritual journey that way, and ended up finding legitimate faith.

It is a fine way to go, follow your heart
>>
>>55833188
dont waste ur time with Mehmet, he thinks his cultureless country is superior
>kek
>>
>>55838164
This is some intense mental gymnastics
>>
>>55838164
No, the Bishop of Rome is the successor of Peter, through Apostolic succession.

You split from the Throne of Peter, the man who Christ had given the responsibility of creating the Church.

It was you who split from the Original Church, not us. You even admitted to splitting earlier.

Ruskie scum, suck tzar dick.
>>
>>55838294
Well, I am going to praise your knowledge of history.
>>
File: devilBTFO.jpg (279 KB, 1491x2041) Image search: [Google]
devilBTFO.jpg
279 KB, 1491x2041
Orthodoxy>catholicism you child-raping heretics
>>
>>55837522

The same claim St. Victor, Pope of Rome made in the 2nd century without being challenged (not on the grounds of his authority). He excommunicated people in the East for celebrating Easter on the wrong day and people admonished him for it but nobody said it was outside his right.

Our Lord Jesus Christ has placed the principal charge on the blessed Peter, chief of all the apostles, and from him as from the head wishes his gifts to flow to all the body, so that anyone who dares to secede from Peter’s solid rock may understand that he has no part or lot in the divine mystery. He wished him who had been received into partnership in his undivided unity to be named what he himself was, when he said: ‘You are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my Church’ [Matt. 16:18], that the building of the eternal temple might rest on Peter’s solid rock, strengthening his Church so surely that neither could human rashness assail it nor the gates of hell prevail against it" (Leo the Great, A.D. 445)
>>
>>55838419

the bishop of Rome is not the succesor of Peter, the bishop of Rome is a satanic old man avid of power full of heresies, im sure Peter would spit him in the face if the Pope told him about the Holy spirit proces from Son too or tens of other hersies like purgatory

The Pope was never the succesor of peter, because the pope NEVER RULED ALL CHRISTIANS.
I told you already idio,t orthodox and easern church is not russian but greek just as the first Bible texts
>>
>>55838628
Catholicism is objectively the best, senpai.
>>
>>55838675

see>>55838724

A satanic HERETIC pope will never be the succesor of Peter, take your heresies and catholicism to Hell
>>
>>55838910
By what you just said means Jesus Christ is fallible.
How does that make you feel?
>>
>>55838724
Yes, its called Apostolic Succession. The Bishop of Rome is the successor to Peter.

You insulting me doesn't give you an upper hand, instead you sound like an angry slav; which is on the same level of an even angrier chimpanzee.

The Orthodox Church is just a backwater bitch to the Tzar, and didn't progress at all because that could've been harmful to the Tzars power. Hell, thats why the Aristocracy of Russia didn't die until the 20th century, while all the other European countries were modern and developing.
>>
>>55838961

how did i say it?If Christ would see that a heretic ROMAN(same people who killed him) are now calling a human,not even a saint , the succesor of christianity he would personally come and do an flood again

>>55839048

a heretic isnt succesor of peter, the bishop is the succesor of your sect and does not represent christianity but a branch of it.Deal with it.
>>
>>55839165
By saying that Peter installed a "satan" pope.
>>
>>55839165
Nah, you're just an angry Romanian whos argument is only "I'M RIGHT BECAUSE"

Your sect which split from Rome does not represent Christianity but a branch of it. Deal with it.

Also your English is shit you filthy slav
>>
File: indulgenices.png (513 KB, 750x527) Image search: [Google]
indulgenices.png
513 KB, 750x527
>>55838745 Can you as a catholic explain this to me then?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indulgence
>>
>>55827995
its called the holy spirit
>>
>>55839362
Jews sneaking in and being kikes.
>>
>>55838419
leaf, you have no right to talk about culture, go suck off your somalian master while while half you your country uses one of the worst languages in europe

>>55838164
How are the Orthodoxy Churches out there in Romania? I've recently read a meme about Orthodoxy woman being forced to cover their heads like if they were married to Abdul. For me its absolute bs cause in my case most women just think of it as a sign of modesty and respect and noone finds it disrespectfull or even slightly offensive if a woman doesnt have a scarf
>>
>>55827995
Having the same thing, but rather aimed at the Protestant-Catholic sector (orthodox excluded for historic reasons)
Could never get myself to accept Christ or his teachings, but am all behind cultural and moral aspects of the religion.

Question, does anyone know if you can get baptised without accepting Jesus?
>>
>>55839423 Exactly senpai, no joos in the Orthodox church.
>>
>>55839462
Why are you even a country?

Shouldn't you all died in the 90s?
>>
>>55839543
That's bullshit.
>>
>>55839462
Getting baptized pretty much means you have entered in a sacrament with Jesus, dude.
>>
>>55839462
If you dont belive in Jesus' teachings yet you still want to get baptised, whats stopping you from "accepting jesus"?

Its not like you'll get your penis cut off if you do
>>
>>55839650
Not only this but apparently the modern Orthodox church is anti-semitic
http://www.ocf.org/OrthodoxPage/reading/jewish_1.html
>>
>>55827995
Honestly dude I was raised a catholic and it's a load of shit.

Anyone who tried to point out things that didn't make any sense got burned like the Cathars.
>>
>>55839819
Well good on them.
Doesn't mean parasites haven't got in.
>>
>>55827995
Brain washing.

If you didn't grow up surrounded by Christian themes, you wouldn't be liking it.
>>
>>55827995
>What is this syndrome called?
It's called being a faggot.
>>
>>55839279

To prove that the church was created by saint Peter, catholics use the words of Matthew 16:18 where Jesus said: " And I tell you that you are Peter,[a] and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades[b] will not overcome it."These are the words written on the St.peter church in Rome.
Augustin, declared firstly that the church was founded on Saint Peter,yet at the end of his life he changed his views about the words of Jesus , saying that Jesus was the founder and not Peter.Peter was not the head of the apostles.Apostle Pavel wrote that Peter did not rule the congregation.
Nowhere in the Bible says that Peter was the founder and first Pope, in his leter Pavel writes that Peter was a apostle and a old man and thats it.Petru 1:1 5:1

Pavel himself writes that THERE WOULD BE PEOPLE THAT WILL SPEAK LIES TO GATHER DISCIPLES(CATHOLIC CHURCH) acts of apostles 20:30

>>55839282

catholicism is a sect 1000 years old that is full of heresies while our church still keps the original teachings

>>55839428

those are lies, women can dres as they want except dress slutty
>>
>>55839819
>implying hating kikes is a bad thing
Although Orthodoxy being a minority in poland, most of the ones I know are actually pro-Jew. In their minds a Jew cares for his people, is respectful and rich in culture
...aaaand greedy
but thats everywhere
>>
>>55839570
>why are you even a country
>said by a colony

>>55839730
True true
>>
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 525x700) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 525x700
>>55830890
Who was not Jewish, but German!
>>
>>55840138
>muh rock isn't muh church meme
Get real
>>
>>55840241

its not a meme,wake up from your sect lies
>>
>>55840285
The only liar here is you.
>>
>>55840145
Yes we are a country.

We have a population of 35 Million, a Monarch, a Federal Government, a Democratic Parliament, Provincial Legislatures, a Charter of Rights and Freedoms, a strong a growing economy, plentiful resources, one of the highest standards of living in the world, and we have a strong stable government.

Why are you even a country? Fucking Third world balkan shit holes.
>>
>>55840337
>a commonwealth to the UK
:^)
>>
>>55839788
As said, not supporting Christ's teachings as they border something oddly similar to communism. While I do not deny his noble intentions, still not my thing.
But the very morals of family, anti-divorcehood, the fight against homosexuality and things like that have been common in my entire family line all tho we all were irreligious for what seems to be over a century.
>>
cultural beliefs is like saying you find guys sexually attractive but you don't believe in being gay.
>>
>>55840371
>to the UK

Kek, Amerikek doesn't even understand the Commonwealth. We're not under the UK, we're beside the UK. The Commonwealth isn't under Britain, but beside it.

The Queen is the Queen of each country, not only the Queen of Britain. American education at its finest
>>
Guys can we just calm down a bit with the whole Orthodox vs Catholic argument? It's getting a bit out of hand and it's unnecessary. We all worship the same God and we have the same set of moral teachings.
>>
File: 3123125424.jpg (34 KB, 467x360) Image search: [Google]
3123125424.jpg
34 KB, 467x360
>>55839947
sure teaching to
>love everyone
>forgive everyone
>turn the other cheek
>respect everyone
is a fucking degeneracy

may you want to talk with me about how stupid religion is and how the world would be better without it? would you like a wineglass of boobly water sir?
>>
>>55840323

ok i have to go sleep , enjoy your sect and dont forget to pray for those in fictional purgatory and to Fatima , just like Jesus said in Bible :))))))
>>
>>5584013
Most of the orthodox christians don't have a strong opinion on jews.

>>55839943
Modern Christianity is full of parasites no mater what the cult being. But the church as an institution is not so important as the teachings. For example Catholics relate Easter to a rabbit, which is some pagan bullshit.
>>
>>55840517
Wow rude, and here I was defending the catholic faith with you and now you gotta be a dick about it.
>>55840553
>:))))))
Australia will still be the only shitpost king
>>
>all these "christians"

if you're not seventh day adventist you're doing it wrong. the only sect of christianity that actually reads the bible
>>
>>55840533
Fuck off Anglican scum, you're not in Communion with the two Churches.

Whats with Anglicans thinking they're even relevant and close to the Catholic Church, and the Orthodox Church?
>>
>>55840547
>>love everyone
>>forgive everyone
>>turn the other cheek
>>respect everyone

If only those were the teachings of Christianity and the Bible.
>>
>>55840630
You're an American scum who rebelled against King George and then invaded my country.

I have no respect for you brother, in my eyes the Jedi are evil!
>>
File: 1447549751921.jpg (167 KB, 968x649) Image search: [Google]
1447549751921.jpg
167 KB, 968x649
>>55840533
Agreed. What matters most, right now, is that there are muslims trying to provoke us into starting the Crusades again. I'm of the inclination we should indulge on their wish, but go full force instead of half-assing it and get the job done.
>>
>>55827995
Believe in ethic and teachings and culture that comes with Orthodox and Catholic faiths and it will be okay. It maybe cherry picking but after all you will be better human being and that's what's most important.
>>
>>55840740
>shitposting this hard

Try harder faggot
>>
>>55840627
>For example Catholics relate Easter to a rabbit
No?
>which is some pagan bullshit.
Its more like a meme at this point.
>>55840783
Yet we are of the same faith and race.
>>
>>55840337
>full of metropolies ran by kikes
>somalians and pakis being allowed to spread degeneracy cause "respekt muh culture, racist fuq"
>no history
>allowing half of the entire canada to not speak english
>paying 60$ for 300kb/s

Surely your country and way of life is superiour to Bosnia's cause its so le poor XD
>>
>>55840627
To my knowledge the easter bunny is not a Catholic practice

"Like the origin of Easter, the origin of the Easter Bunny has roots that go back to pre-Christian, Anglo-Saxon history. The holiday was originally a pagan celebration that worshipped the goddess Eastre (so even the name "Easter" comes from this pagan traditon). She was the goddess of fertility and springtime and her earthly symbol was the rabbit.

When the Anglo-Saxons were converted to Christianity, the pagan holiday, which occurred around the same time as the Christian memorial of Jesus' resurrection from the dead, was combined with the Christian celebration and given the name Easter."

>>55840700
Ignore the flag. I'm Catholic and I'm from the US. I'm just studying abroad for the semester.
>>
>>55840909
>Poland
>Even talking

If your third world shitholes are so great, then why are your own people leaving their country, language, and culture for mine?

kek disgusting pole
>>
>>55841007
>poland
>third world
Tip top kek.
>>
>>55840888
B-Brother, it cannot be.

I love you dearly, but we must fight forever. I don't even remember why we started, all I know is that we must fight; it is our destiny.

Language, Religion, and the same kindred blood may connect us. But we'll be enemies forever.
>>
>>55827995
i feel you 100%
>>
>>55840630
>Australia will still be the only shitpost king
we'll see about that.
>>
>>55840337
>monarchy
Having a nepotistic German family out which the next in line is so retarded that not even his mother wants him to rule... That is great

We might be fucked up by the war, but:
>economy slightly growing
>tourism booming
>got all our potential terrorists under check
>super low abortion and divorce rate
>rich culture
>have barely any immigrants
>universities which are both hard, credited and conservative
>plenty resources
Idk man, we aint that bad.
>>
>>55841180
There are only 5 First World Countries in the world.

The United Kingdom, The United Stated of America, The Dominion of Canada, The Commonwealth of Australia, and New Zealand.
>>
>>55841224
If you love me dearly then why are you bitching?
We aren't brothers and I shall not love you, I'm only defending my faith with you. You aren't my brother, leaf loving heretic.
>>
>>55841388
This is why we must fight.

*Takes out katana*
*lits cigratte*

Until the end
>>
>>55840696

fuck off filthy satanic sect, NLY ONE IS THE CHURCH OF GOD AND ONLY 1 CHURCH JESUS FOUNDED

>>55838164
>>55838248
>>55838294
>>
>>55841467
>actions
Outta here.
>>
>>55840399
80% of christans havent even read the bible and only know few cute verses
Most belive Jesus being a wise cave man who apired love and forgiveness at all cost who was literally the ideal christian and nothing besides that. The popular opinion is everything. If I'd say that Hitler was an amazing leader, I'd get bashed for prising a sociopath cause most people belive the jews and completely deny his ideology without even knowing it in depth
>>
File: 1434158920969.jpg (1 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
1434158920969.jpg
1 MB, 2560x1600
>>55841332
You're alright Bosnia.

You're not bad. I take it back, you're a pretty cool country.
>>
>>55841584

MOOOAR
>>
>Implying people care for jesus just to not be a damned soul for eternity in hell.
You're not christian
>>
>>55841679
You gotta say that Catholics are pretty cool.
>>
>>55841679
My porn is only for my friend and ally Bosnia.

We bomb Serbian cities together.
>>
File: 1385748334041.jpg (10 KB, 247x248) Image search: [Google]
1385748334041.jpg
10 KB, 247x248
>>55841366
>there are people this retarded
no wonder shit's going down and canadians are being raped by somalians
>>
>>55840696

there is 1 adventist church were i ive, fuckers are literally the satanists from Szwarzenegger apocalypse video, i swear they sacrifice pigs

>>55841728

fucking shiptars, die in hell
>>
ok cya got to go
>>
>>55841763
>topkek

Poland wishes it was glorious Anglo first world country like us. Eat shit and die

Also, Bosnia is now first world too.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1447629977158.jpg (49 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1447629977158.jpg
49 KB, 720x960
>>55841584
T..thank you bieber-senpai
>>
>>55841763
>implying i envy the west
>implying im not happy with my life
Why are you so fucking miserable? Why would I want to suck on a 90 year old hag celeb clit?
The only people who leave poland are half-educated self loathing leftists who dont care about their heritage and think cleaning toilets oversees is better than their homeland.

Why would I care about people like that? Fuck off leaf, let me guess, ur from he French side and somalian.
>>
>>55842434
No, my family left Scotland in the 1780s and helped forge this country from nothing.

Your countries a shithole, mine is superior. Your people leave your country and come to mine, we make Anglos out of them.

Eat shit and die Germanic Slav.
>>
>>55827995
heretic
>>
>>55842434
>>55842571

>White people
>fighting amongst eachother

Guys, just so you remember, this is one of the reasons the Turks got to Vienna once
>>
>>55842785
The Turks got to Vienna because Austrians are stupider then Poles, Serbs, Croatians, and so on put together.

Fucking Austrians can't do anything right.
>>
>>55842880
Idk man. Austria, alongside Croatia, Germany and Hungary and even Bulgaria, has been something of a great friend and helper, so cant say anything bad.

>built the most beautiful pieces of architecture we have
>still invest into us (about 2.8 billion thus far)
>>
>>55842571
So you basically support the metropolies and the Canadian Human Rights activists? You're now worse than cancer. Remember the pig flu? I hope this one hits again.
>>
>>55827995
OP confirmed stolen Serbian baby
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janissaries

>select all images with steaks
>>
>>55833270
hey that's my building behind :^)
>>
It's called being a redditor
>>
>>55827995
Christianity is easy, you just need to have faith in the existence of the coolest guy that ever was, or ever will be. Thats it
>>
>>55844506
Didnt know Christianity was centered around Fonzie
>>
>>55834291
There has been worse in the past. Assassinations, smuggling, bribery, etc. have all happened in the Vatican's past, but you know "the gates of hell shall not prevail against it"
Thread replies: 205
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.