[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NUCLEAR WEAPONS THREAD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 41hgKiEoCBL._SY300_.jpg (15 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
41hgKiEoCBL._SY300_.jpg
15 KB, 300x300
we all know that Nuclear weapons are just used as a deterrent nowadays due to the collateral effect of a fallout and radiation.

But imagine if someone could develop an equally destructive weapon that doesn't cause other damage than explosion+blastwave: how would geopolitical eqilibrium change?
>>
>>55805428
that was literally the plot of the film "The Watchmen".

It was one minute to midnight and Ozymondias or whatever used the power that Dr. Manhattan had to take out blocks in all major cities across the world, without fear of fallout or radiation, and in doing so, all countries who were threatening nuclear attack joined forces against Manhattan.
>>
>>55805428
anti-gravity equipment I'd say. Nuclear bombs would be rendered useless if they can't even reach the ground. Having ur enemies fall off the planet would be just as scary. Or some kind of future shield thing from Star Trek, not much of a deterrent when you know your country would survive it.
>>
>>55805613
heh, didn't know that
>>
File: B3FH7GlCYAAvWC9.jpg large.jpg (45 KB, 801x450) Image search: [Google]
B3FH7GlCYAAvWC9.jpg large.jpg
45 KB, 801x450
plot of RED2- red mercury, a explosive with more power than convencional nukes, but untracable, undetectable, and "clean"... Dog help us if they can reproduce that
>>
>>55805428
https://youtu.be/g_XDxbJvfyM
>>
>>55805428
But we do have such power, at least to produce immense damage without radiation.
>>
>>55805945
yea. the bad guy basically put a huge hole in the middle of these cities, and there wasn't any fallout or anything, and then gorbachov, castro, kim jong il and nixon shook hands and joined forces, vowing to destroy Dr. Manhattan. It was a feel good moment for the world, despite 1 million dying. But he had a point: a million dead for the survival of the human race in its entirety.
>>
I want to be the 3rd person to use one
>>
It exist, the American MOAB and russian FOAB
>>
File: nuke2.webm (510 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
nuke2.webm
510 KB, 1280x720
you can make very clean nuclear weapons that don't dish out much fallout or radiation

but that would defeat the whole point of nukes in the first place which is to prevent major power confrontation

the scarier the nukes are, the better for mankind. Just cobalt my shit up senpai
>>
>>55806148
MOAB?
>>
>>55806148
MOAB and FOAB aren't even close to the power of the warheads on Russian and US ICBMs and SLBMs.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.