[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me /pol/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: 1446142397263.png (216 KB, 374x392) Image search: [Google]
1446142397263.png
216 KB, 374x392
Why is it that when terror attacks of the scale we saw in Paris never garner the same media attention when they happen in the middle east?
>>
>>55796595
In the middle east it's war and uncivilized.
France is actually a human, civilized country.
>>
>>55796595
Because they are almost a daily occurrence in the middle east and therefore not news.
>>
It's a well understood fact of sociology that we tend to pay more attention to and empathize more with people and cultures that are appreciably familiar to our own.
>>
>>55796595
It's almost as if we naturally care more about people like ourselves
Back to the prayer mat with you.
>>
>>55796595
Because we aren't in the Middle East. If we had shootings and explosions every day in our midst, we probably would stop caring about that as well.
>>
It's as if Europeans and those derived from such have more care for their fellow Europeans....

Strange, I know.
>>
>>55796595
are you a le epic trole or just plain retarded?
>>
1. Theyre in war. Right now that happens all the time there
2. We live in the western world. Of course such things that happen in the western world are gonna get much more attention.
>>
>>55796595
because our dumb fucking government flooded europe with illegal immigrants and everyone was waiting for something like this to happen.
>>
>>55796595
Because it's an attack on Western Society. Like it or not, we are all pretty much the same people now.

Europe has been one people constantly going through a civil war since forever. Now Europe and her children are united, albeit things are going the way we imagine they should. Our brothers have suffered a horrific attack, and we're all worried about it.

China is not western, China is not one of us. So we don't really care when some nut kills a bunch of people in a subway with a sword. The Middle East is not us, so no one cares when they blow each other the pieces and carve heads off. Africa is not us. So we don't care when millions starve to death or butcher each other.

France is one of us. It could have been you or me sitting in a coffee shop and some alien thinking person came in and blasted you.
>>
Language and cultural barrier, most of Europe speaks or knows some English. They're the cultural progenitors of most of the western world (aka American Media) and it doesn't happen that often.

Also this shit literally happens every other week in the Middle East, no one gives a fuck.

Also, on a basic human level people care more about people that look the same as them. White people dying = White people getting mad, same reason Muzzies are mad about the Beirut nonsense and Blackies give a fuck about Nigeria shootings and all that shit.
>>
>>55796595
They do get media attention. I always see the articles and conversations in the news.

However, the difference is the mass users of facebook, twitter, tumblr, etc who like to make this assumption (like OP did), never talk about make comment, share, like these events or change their little avatars to some middle-eastern country's flag.

In fact, websites like 4chan /pol, talk more about those events than social media.
>>
>>55797318
If this happened in Sweden, or Australia, or Canada, or Norway, or England, or Germany, or New Zealand, or Romania, or Belgium, or Iceland, or even fucking Russia I would be very fucking offended and angry.

Even though it's not my country, and our specific cultures sometimes clash with each other, and sometimes we hate each other, I get extremely angry about an attack like that.

I don't like seeing native Germans getting displaced. I don't like seeing Sweden bending over. I don't like the idea that London is becoming more brown. I know that my country's leaders are probably behind it, but I don't like it.
>>
File: 000k051xdom.jpg (120 KB, 1203x800) Image search: [Google]
000k051xdom.jpg
120 KB, 1203x800
>>55796595
Because it would be less tiring if the media reported when it DIDN'T happen.
>>
>>55797014
The Irish didn't stop caring about The Troubles.

>>55796595
Our media reports on terrorist attacks in Pakistan and India which result in dozens killed. It's not 'round-the-clock coverage, but that has more to do with ratings than anything. Bombing in Pakistan? Worth reporting but not a ratings bonanza. Bombing in Paris? Now that's a ratings boon.
>>
>>55796595
Because no one cares about shitskins lol.
>>
>>55796595
You don't report a fire in a furnace
>>
>>55796595
>Somebody you know die in a car crash versus somebody from an other town
Despite our divisions, we all feel related in the West.
>>
Because the middle east is not civilization.

Why don't people in the middle east care about the tragedies of all Africa? Because even to the middle east, the African continent is much less civilized.

Animals.
>>
>>55796595
Because Muslims murder Muslims by terror acts since Islam exists. We got used to it.
>>
>>55796595
People care more about white than non-whites
>>
File: 1435277224529.jpg (322 KB, 779x495) Image search: [Google]
1435277224529.jpg
322 KB, 779x495
Because the Third World War must be fomented by taking advantage of the differences caused by the "agentur" of the "Illuminati" between the political Zionists and the leaders of Islamic World. The war must be conducted in such a way that Islam (the Moslem Arabic World) and political Zionism (the State of Israel) mutually destroy each other. Meanwhile the other nations, once more divided on this issue will be constrained to fight to the point of complete physical, moral, spiritual and economical exhaustion…We shall unleash the Nihilists and the atheists, and we shall provoke a formidable social cataclysm which in all its horror will show clearly to the nations the effect of absolute atheism, origin of savagery and of the most bloody turmoil. Then everywhere, the citizens, obliged to defend themselves against the world minority of revolutionaries, will exterminate those destroyers of civilization, and the multitude, disillusioned with Christianity, whose deistic spirits will from that moment be without compass or direction, anxious for an ideal, but without knowing where to render its adoration, will receive the true light through the universal manifestation of the pure doctrine of Lucifer, brought finally out in the public view. This manifestation will result from the general reactionary movement which will follow the destruction of Christianity and atheism, both conquered and exterminated at the same time.
>>
>>55796595
>daily occurrence over there
>hardly anyone wants to send reporters there
>much easier to present Paris attacks in an empathetic light
>relevant to refugees flooding in
>second time France attacked in a short time
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.