[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is everyone so against citizen's united? Doesn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 13
File: KAROL TRAVEN.jpg (256 KB, 1332x1600) Image search: [Google]
KAROL TRAVEN.jpg
256 KB, 1332x1600
Why is everyone so against citizen's united?

Doesn't uncapped spending in a marketplace fuel innovation? Super PACs as they exist don't even work, they just buy shitty ads no one pays attention to.

Why don't progressives just pay all the unemployed art school students that support them anyway 1/10 of what they pay shitty ad firms to come up with new forms of visual engagement?

I don't understand.
>>
Reminder that corporations are people too and have rights that must be respected.
>>
File: disneyorgchart.jpg (367 KB, 1200x1340) Image search: [Google]
disneyorgchart.jpg
367 KB, 1200x1340
I started my own Super PAC with just this idea.
>>
File: 93734e0b83e5b583_640x960.jpg (280 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
93734e0b83e5b583_640x960.jpg
280 KB, 640x960
>>55772972
I mean, as long as the supreme court says they do, they fucking do.
>>
>>55772848
People are afraid that it makes the rich capable of buying public opinion. I can't help but wonder how much Trump has spend on his campaign.
>>
File: TomSachs_MarsYardShoe.png (977 KB, 906x687) Image search: [Google]
TomSachs_MarsYardShoe.png
977 KB, 906x687
I've come up with a theory of change on how to engage the 18-29 voter demographic by studying trends in studies that look at what that demo sees as important as a voting block, and how marketing firms see them as a consumer group.
>>
File: Wealthy-Donors-NEW YORKER.jpg (132 KB, 690x664) Image search: [Google]
Wealthy-Donors-NEW YORKER.jpg
132 KB, 690x664
>>55773450
He hasn't spent much. He's canny enough to know he doesn't have to. He's spent as much of his career in television as he has in business development. Maanipulating the media is easy as long as you understand that all journalists come from a similar psychological profile.
>>
>>55772848
Right, because you really want your leaders to be picked by a bunch of Jewish bankers
>>
>>55772848
Because people (especially on the left) fail to appreciate what's really wrong with the system (unrepresentative media), and figure people having paid access to the public forum is somehow an unfair skew.

Really, though, they're lemmings, being turned against a quintessential American principle by leaders who understand the skewing affect of a monopolistic friendly media that favors them.

It doens't help that they fear a free marketplace, having been propagandized against such.
>>
File: Engagement Diagram V1-01.jpg (584 KB, 2611x2611) Image search: [Google]
Engagement Diagram V1-01.jpg
584 KB, 2611x2611
What drives me crazy is that no one seems to understand the meta value of super pacs.

I've kept a google alert for "super pac" to email me daily for the last six months.

Super PACs are mentioned in over one-hundred bylined articles a day.
>>
>>55772848
>Doesn't uncapped spending in a marketplace fuel innovation? Super PACs as they exist don't even work, they just buy shitty ads no one pays attention to.
Source is your ass I assume? Negative campaigns work. And very effectively.

I'd explain everything in nice detail, but I assume you're just a teenage contrarian or actually retarded, and only get your social interactions on 4chan.
>>
File: OUTER_HAVEN.png (344 KB, 3865x4078) Image search: [Google]
OUTER_HAVEN.png
344 KB, 3865x4078
>>55773718
You're too angry to really see it. The issue isn't one to blame on groups or the media.

If someone doesn't know or understand they're doing something wrong, how can you fairly blame them? We make this exception all the time for people we affiliate with.
>>
File: BENSPOPE.jpg (51 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
BENSPOPE.jpg
51 KB, 600x450
>>55773930
I don't even know how to greentext.

Negative campaigns work, but negative campaigning isn't by itself an effective means of voter engagement.

You are projecting.
>>
>>55774206
Who do you blame? Generation X for being failures? Baby boomers who raised them to be so?I personally hate grunge music and quite enjoy blues rock.
>>
>>55773930
Nothing more pathetic than someone who says they can prove a point but won't for _____ reason.
>>
File: IMG_2098.jpg (1 MB, 2104x2104) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2098.jpg
1 MB, 2104x2104
>>55774379
Blame is irrelevant. Reality is what it is; we need to accept it and work within it's confines.
>>
>>55774536
I personally would rather not live under a law that prevents the creation and enjoyment of music.
>>
File: IMG_0942.jpg (2 MB, 454x358) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0942.jpg
2 MB, 454x358
Is anyone here even remotely serious about politics?
>>
File: IMG_2387.jpg (2 MB, 2340x2340) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2387.jpg
2 MB, 2340x2340
>>55774808
I...

what?
>>
>>55774941
Constant vigilance, my friend. They are among us.
>>
>>55774206
>You're too angry to really see it. The issue isn't one to blame on groups or the media.
I don't blame the media per se for the root of the problem, only for the fruit of it. The problem is structural, resulting from media conglomeration and centralization, in that the localities where people live have not the power to project their voice; our existing media therefore represents an extremely limited segment of the people. And for where they are based, that segment is the Washington establishment ruling class, the powerful and the connected.

I cannot blame people for the result of a process, but I can blame them for obscuring the nature of that process. They maintain that nothing has changed to affect our system of governance, when it most certainly has.

>>55774362
>Negative campaigns work, but negative campaigning isn't by itself an effective means of voter engagement.
How right you are. It's an effective means of voter suppression, ergo voter disenfranchisement. Such campaigns are designed to discourage participation from the semi-engaged American worker, folks who have a stake and might exercise reasoned judgement (but don't care to waste their time with sorting through the negativity), reducing the electorate to the already polarized bases.

>>55774846, >>55774362
>Is anyone here even remotely serious about politics?
>I don't even know how to greentext.
Dude. Probably best to lurk moar.
>>
File: protocols_full.png (2 MB, 2790x9886) Image search: [Google]
protocols_full.png
2 MB, 2790x9886
>>
It's a limit lifted off the ability of banks and corporations to corrupt our Republic that was and is sold to the American people as a free speech issue.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.