[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /pol/ I'm British born and raised. I'm currently
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Columbus-OH-Skyline.jpg (124 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
Columbus-OH-Skyline.jpg
124 KB, 900x600
Hey /pol/ I'm British born and raised. I'm currently visiting my Dad in Columbus, Ohio. I fucking love this place.

Anyhow, I'm a slightly bored now. So ask me anything.
>>
>>55760670
Everyone who lives in Ohio wants to get out.
>>
>>55760670
>Ohio
>loves it

Gr8 B8
>>
>>55760670
What do you like about it? DO you plan on moving to the US since you like it so much?
>>
>>55760670
Your dad is a loser. Get the fuck out while you still can.
>>
>>55761589
I liked Columbus when I was there in 2001. My dad and I spent a whole day just walking around the city and it was really nice.
>>
File: WELCOME MY SON.jpg (112 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
WELCOME MY SON.jpg
112 KB, 600x400
>I'm in Ohio
>I'm bored
Clevelander here

It's only begun.
>>
>>55761079
Why? The gap between the quality of life vs the cost of life is wide. My Dad lives in a huge 2 bedroom apartment for $650

>>55761608
How wide and spacious everything is aswell as how empty it is. Everything feels so relaxed. No too mention how cheap it is.

It's pretty much opposite to what life is like in my hometown in Cambridge. Stress, working 50 hour weeks just to have 40% of my wage go to bills, rent and tax, always busy and packed etc.
>>
>>55761926
You're the second person who said, what's wrong with this state?
>>
don't live in ohio but 90% of my extended family and parents included are from the northeast part of the state

the ones who left, like my parents, dread having to go back to visit family. the ones who are still there after decades are borderline retarded
>>
>>55763126
But why? I'm getting scared, what am I missing?
>>
>>55761608
Sorry, for some reason I didn't answer your second part of your question. Yes, I'm aiming to get a green card. I've always loved the US (I lived here for 2 years as a kid)

How ever, I want to get a degree first. I'm in my second year in a Software Engineering course. Once I finish them I want to immigrate ASAP to one of the West Coast states like Oregon or Washington.
>>
Don't go to Cleveland.
>>
>>55763265
ohio is a "rust-belt" state that had its glory days long since pass when manufacturing stopped in this country.

cities like cleveland, akron, youngstown, don't have a whole lot going on economically or culturally and whenever i go back for reunions or holidays, its like a timewarp. nigs and white trash are a plenty, but columbus is decent thanks to it having a major university
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.