[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Serious question: How many of you would support a SIGNIFICANT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 7
File: US-soldiers-return-to-the-007.jpg (30 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
US-soldiers-return-to-the-007.jpg
30 KB, 460x276
Serious question:

How many of you would support a SIGNIFICANT number of American soldiers returning to Iraq for a ground war with ISIS?

Bear in mind the things that would likely result from this: local civilian and American casualties and injuries, etc.

If a presidential candidate promised this, would it discourage or encourage your vote?

Personally, I would support it and it would encourage my vote.
>>
Russia and China are about to start bombing ISIS and claiming the oil fields for themselves. They'll be making trillions of dollars while Obama opens the doors to "refugees" costing Americans hundreds of billions of dollars a year.
>>
Become bros with Russia again and tell them to remove mudslimes and we will support them with our fancy gadgets
>>
>>55746343

Deus Vult.
>>
We shouldn't have gone in and yet we shouldn't have left at such an unstable point.

The most realistic way to stem refugee flows? Stabilize Iraq and Syria by whatever means.
>>
>>55746343
No, haven't you learned? Don't put troops on the ground again if we're only going to stick around and >rebuild

Just let the Russians bomb those fuckers back to their Golden Age of Islam

If we're only going in to wipe out those fuckers then get the fuck out, then sure go for it, but that ain't happening. See: Afghanistan, Iraq
>>
>>55746343
We can just use drones and bombs now. The only reason to station troops is to protect or control something. We don't really need to do that in this case.
>>
>>55746343
We don't need boots on the ground, just more bombs falling out of the sky.

Glass the middle east, we'll rebuild later.
>>
>>55746343

By American, you mean British too, lets face it. I don't think it's wise strategy. We want to beat those fuckers, not be drawn into a bear trap of their devising.

NATO has to bend with the geo-political wind in order to avoid breaking. Let the Russians and French work out their shit on ISIL, but lets face up to the fact that Realpolitik clearly implies Assad stays.

Tl:dr- if we go in, it would have to be on Assads side. You think the public is ready for that about-face?
>>
>>55747250
>>55747185
>>55747144
>>55747068
Why are you all so confident that bombs can do the job? They haven't so far.
>>
>>55746343
Id support it. Never should have left Iraq the way we did.
Only down fall is once the Middle East stabalizes Russia is going to set up camp then its bye bye Israel.
>>
>>55746343
There's no such thing as a innocent muzzie. This time just bomb them indiscriminately, makes things easier for you.
>>
>>55746343
No, we have been fighting this war alone for to long. It's time for the rest of the western world to carry there own weight.

We should just use special forces and give our euro allies air support and shit like that but make them be the "boots on the ground"
>>
>>55747439

Dont include me there, Im not in favour of a bombing campaign either. I do not believe that would defeat them/the ideology anymore than it did the Taliban
>>
I support our troops by not becoming a soldier and wasting taxpayer money, and putting other lives in danger.
>>
>>55746343
I would fight on the ground. But they need to widen their recruiting pool, I have a GED and probably wouldn't be able to ace the ASVAB.
>>
>>55747566

I actually agree that this would appropriate.

> French Foreign Legion
> SAS
>Seals
>Spetznas
>Cossacks
> Kurdish Peshmerga
>Russian airpower
>Syrian Army
>French and maybe a US Carrier Group

That's a strong team.

I think you gentlemen have done enough, you deserve a comfy seat.
>>
>>55746343
Im a Soldier who just got back from a deployment.
If we would start a ground offensive against ISIS and it would be without the retard ROE that are currently in Afghanistan i would gladly pack up and go back. I am not alone.
>>
The US military doesn't have the power to do anything but destablize the region in the long term.

We should just go back to propping up secular dictators from the background and unfucking the mess we made in the last 15 years. Arabs can't function under anything but authoritarianism. They proved it after years of post-war "nation building" and then proved it again after their revolutions.
>>
>>55748431
Do you think a ground offensive would be more effective than just bombing?
>>
>>55746343

Speaking from experience, no. This is the one thing I agree on with Bernie; get the Saudis, Kuwaitis, and UEA armies in there. They have sufficient equipment, numbers, resources and an obvious cultural advantage. Beyond me why no one really has been more vocal about this other then being keks of the complex.
>>
>>55748266
>Peshmerga
>Syrian Army

You're shooting urself in the foot if ur willing to help any of those, both of them will end up like ISIS if they get to control a state.
>>
Depends.
Are we going full on war, kill them all and let god sort them out?
Or are we doing faggy hearts and minds shit?
If the former, definitely. If the latter, no, that's stupid.
>>
>>55746343

This is not America's fight. The EU should be the ones sending soldiers to fight ISIS.
>>
>>55748609
If its WW2 levels of fucking up city's then yes.

These people only understand strength. You have to do something that is politically unacceptable to truly beat these people. There has to be a risk to sheltering them, and that risk has to be higher than not.
>>
>>55748581

My argument exactly. NATO startegy needs to get with the Sun Tzu, and bend like the grass in the wind, learn from mistakes, instead of ploughing the same path of proved failure.

Will the strategists of the western world show some Great Gamesmanship or wisdom though?

I despair. Perhaps our current systems ensures that power lies with the stupid.
>>
>>55746343
NO
>>
>>55747250
>We want to beat those fuckers, not be drawn into a bear trap of their devising
This

It's the same shit over and over

>Terrorists continue to attack and grow
>incite more retaliation
>Forces go in and basically babysit the area since all the terrorists now just lay low and do little attacks on soldiers
>civilian casualties happen
>liberals blame the west for destroying the middle east with war
>soldiers called off
>rinse and repeat

Either get in there with Russia and the west to absolutely control and dominate the middle east for decades until they evolve and change or don't go in the first place.

YOU CAN NOT WIN HEARTS AND MINDS AGAINST SAND PEOPLE WHEN THE MEDIA IS CONTROLLED BY LEFTISTS
>>
>>55746343
>Troops in Iraq
Fully support
>Troops in Syria
Hell no. This whole IS shit has happened because Saudi and Turkey wants Assad removed. NATO troops in Syria would mean the death of Assad.
>>
If russia, US, France, and the rest of nato went at it, it would be like the new crucade.

Don't think just because everyone is pissed right now, that it will be some painless first round KO

US was lucky to get the f out of Iraq, think long and hard before going into that again.
>>
Because we don't need a ground war in some arab country. We need a ground war in europe.

Good to know the Jewmericans are here to save the day for their zionist masters....again....
>>
I support the use of Thermonuclear warheads on the entirety middle east and any majority muslim nation.

I prefer to nip things in the bud
>>
>>55748799

I have a good impression of their military success and secular principles.

However If you know better brother, I'm willing to look into their activities a bit further.

Although- wait a minute: The Syrian Army already controls the state, you doofus? It is the army of the gvmt.

inb4 barrel bombs.
>>
>>55746343
another occupation would be a mistake, we need no holds barred sf on the ground w/ air support fighting w/ the peshmerger. isis would be out of iraq in a month.
>>
>>55746343
Same. Lets get it over with already.
>>
This is a terrorist insurgency and no insurgency is even possible without the support of civilians. We need to stop shielding civilians from airstrikes. They've had like 4 years to leave Raqqa. Anyone who's still there is an enemy combatant. Drop the bomb.
>>
>>55747485
And bye bye american-israeli oil pipelines.
>>
>>55746343

I'm absolutely opposed to it.

What we should do is provide material support to Assad so he can get the edge on ISIS and the FSA.

Not like my opinion matters, though. I'm contracted for another 5 years and if I get told I'm getting deployed then I'll get deployed.
>>
>>55749432
And what then? You keep your soldiers stationed there forever so the shitskins always have a target within reach?
>>
>>55749295
Personally I think we shouldn't have left. We invaded -- we then had an obligation to stick around. If we'd stayed, I don't think ISIS would have been so successful.

I guess I feel we still have an obligation there. And, of course, just a general moral obligation to civilized modern secular societies everywhere, but that's another matter.
>>
>>55749327

From psychopath to psychopath- that would be satisfying, but unwise. Irradiating the entire area would hinder future oil collection.

>Better some chemical agent

>And perhaps just one bomb on the Cube, dropped from a B52 for an artistic note.
>>
File: 1420398942207.png (452 KB, 355x502) Image search: [Google]
1420398942207.png
452 KB, 355x502
>>55746343
>going to middle east AGAIN

Fuck no. Isolationist foreign policy with no more immigrants.

#BuildTheWall
>>
convince the refugees...Saying Assad is gud boi.

Problem solved.
>>
Absolutely for it. The sooner you clear that mess up the sooner sand niggers go home to rape their own women and children. At least they are too retarded to build boats to come over the ocean.
>>
>>55749327

Malaysia and Indonesia aren't so bad.
>>
Anyone supporting more involvement in this shit is retarded. You are falling directly into the neocon trap. We Israel's bidding in the middle east and then get raped with millions of 'refugees' in our own countries.

Here's the simple fact. The only reason there is Islamic terrorism in Europe or anywhere else is because there are Muslims. Further involvement in the middle east will bring more 'refugees' to our countries (because we are obligated to take them since we caused so much suffering goy!). Some percentage of these refugees and their descendants will be terrorists.

Our entire focus must be on stopping further muslim immigration. If you shill for more war in the middle east you are a fucking idiot who is getting keked by Israel.
>>
>>55749756
>Drop the bomb.

Have the French do it. Or the Russians. Putin would be able to survive the political backlash from dropping a bomb.

Hell, maybe Hollande's ratings would improve.
>>
>>55746343
I dont want that, that would spell the end of ISIS and the end of my fucking entertainment. Fuck that
>>
Enjoy dying for Israel faggots
>>
>>55749844
>another occupation would be a mistake
fuck man since the kurds are the only people willing to fight over there help them kick isis out of iraq then give them legitimate territory and let them defend it.
also we would be much more successful at beating isis if we werent funding their fight against assad
>>
File: mu2.jpg (22 KB, 472x315) Image search: [Google]
mu2.jpg
22 KB, 472x315
I'm worried that we'll just be creating more terrorists by invading Iraq and Syria.
>>
>>55746343
I wouldn't support ground troops back in Iraq/Syria without a clear objective and a 100% unhinged "kill everything that moves" standing order.

Civilian oversight (and really - the media) would put US forces right back where they were a few years ago - wasting money and can't do shit because
>muh civilians
>muh dead babies
>muh infrastructure
>muh collateral damage

If a presidential candidate supported conducting that kind of war, it'd be fine by me.
>>
>>55750098

Moving to a more optimistic note, having eradicated the entire population of the Middle East and North Africa- think of the lebensraum!
Given the ingenuity o the white races, we would re-forest the Sahara, and harvest vast amounts of solar energy with mega gigawatt solar arms.

We would reclaim the territory o Rome, as is rightful, and enter a new Golden age.

DeUS VuLT
>>
>>55751065
Not if we cleanse the countries the right way.. and not the jew way.
>>
>>55746343
I would support not funding ISIS any more, arreating for treason any American official who attempts any ISIS or al-Qaeda style operations, abd sending massive aid and support to Bashar. This is the actual correct answer. We have already seen what the brilliant geniuses at Langley could do in Syria for four years and they couldn't touch the guy the Izzies called the Fredo of the Assad dynasty. It is time to talk about reorganizing the CIA.
(car accident)
>>
>>55749844
also im all for rand pauls foreign policy but the isis caliphate cannot be allowed to exist or shit like paris will keep happening.
>>
>>55746343
Serious Answer:

Why do we need ground troops when we could give every kid in America with an internet connection or a smartphone control over their own armed mini-drone and let them blast away at sandniggs for fun. Fuck, make money off that shit and sell it to them on a monthly subscription like it's a video game.
>>
Costly short term, but more costly if we dont wipe em out long term.

Kill em all.
>>
>>55751237
That's not how the west does counter-insurgencies anymore. If we went all Philippines on them and murdered indiscriminately until they gave up than yeah. However, that won't happen and it will be another occupation with endless fighting.
>>
Oh sure, let's give ISIS exactly what it wants:

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/comment/paris-terror-attacks-france-we-must-destroy-isis-but-not-play-into-their-hands-the-wrong-response-a6734506.html
>>
Nope. Send like 500 at most to serve as a strike force with Russia. A large boots on the ground presence is retarded.

I'd support sending US soldiers to Europe to remove kebab there though.
>>
File: 2645417kn3Hp4Bd.png (269 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
2645417kn3Hp4Bd.png
269 KB, 400x400
>>55751311
>>
File: 457567434552.png (245 KB, 432x317) Image search: [Google]
457567434552.png
245 KB, 432x317
>>55751311
what could go wrong
>>
>>55751380
True... sadly.
>>
>>55751616
There are very few scenarios where I think there are only two options. It's total war or do nothing for me.
>>
>>55746343
I think the only real solution to the middle east is a full on occupation by NATO, West Germany style.

The problem isn't going to fix itself, and just bombing the flavour of the month terrorist group is only doing half the job.
>>
>>55746343
>local civilian casualties
You created the problem now you also get civilians killed...
>>
>>55751758
And by do nothing, I mean don't send troops but make sure not a single one of them get through our borders.
>>
Remove Saddam they said, it'll bring peace they said......
>>
if we gave a fuck we could annex it and go to the old times when it was peacefull

but i rather see arabs die so fuck em
>>
>>55746343

My stance on foreign wars is that we don't wage them unless we plan to colonize the place for its resources. Also help an ally in dire need defend their clay from foreign invaders but not serve as their military or their bank (I'm looking at you Israel)

We refuse to even fight the flood of illegals into this country. Our economy is fucked and our society is fucked. Unfuck America first. How on earth can we be expected to defend any other land from invaders if we cannot defend ourselves? After we remove frijoles from this land and deport all 'refugees' back where they came from or to the bottom of the ocean perhaps we can unfuck the laws here pertaining to practically everything, especially the IRS. Ya know, make it easier for law abiding citizens to prosper. We also need to do something about the convict problem, sure it's complex but we need a hard cutoff where we say "ok, there is no going back to being a normal productive me,her of society, we are going to kill you now." After we have gotten our ducks in a row we help Europe remove kebab if they have not yet done so. By this time the USA will once again be a shining beacon on the hill for all to follow and perhaps even then after all the aforementioned is done we could maybe think about 'helping bring democracy and stability' to the people who hate us. Or we could just roll them with out modern technology and colonize their lands.

Also we need to open up (favorable to us, by us I mean the normal people not the rich multinational class) trade deals with everyone. For instance I find it hard to believe North Korea has nothing we want.

If anyone gets out of line and attacks us we indiscriminently bomb the ever living shit out of their most populous cities and kill every man woman and child. Scorched earth. Then we send Americans who volunteer to relocate over their and set them up with fourty acres and a mule or whatever.
>>
>>55751311
This pleases me.
>>
>>55751606
seriously...relatively inexpensive drones with cameras and some type of medium-caliber weapon holding a few hundred rounds. drop them over a strike zone at altitude and they hover in wait mode. some kid logs into the system after a shitty day at school and is assigned a unit, maybe even given some scripted mission rundown for fun. spends the next couple hours or so buzzing camps or whatever splitting turbans. if it goes beyond a certain boundary or battery gets low or ammo is out or whatever it's programmed to just fly off and return to base. $20 a month to kill all the shitkins you can from the safety of your bedroom. tell me you wouldn't do it.
>>
>>55746343
I don`t care about
>>
>>55746343
why would you need ground troops? just bomb them into their sandbox turns to glass.
>>
>>55748581
Thread
>>
indifferent

if the draft was still a thing i would be all for it, start thinning out these liberal millennials.

hopefully by them getting red pilled by how shit the world can truly be outside of their college hugboxes instead of being killed by some mudslime
>>
>>55751311
good idea : sell hours on a drone , ammo is extra , could be a business model
>>
>>55752208
I like your foreign policy.
>>
Why the fuck would America go to war with a terrorist group the CIA created?
>>
either forgive and forget or literally commit genocide in the region. Anything in the middle is a waste of time.
>>
>>55752947
You know the military is currently giving bonuses to drone pilots because they can't get enough people to sign up for it?

http://www.airforcetimes.com/story/military/careers/air-force/2015/07/15/predator-reaper-drone-pilots-to-get-135k-re-up-bonus/30184499/
>>
Sit back and see if someone else takes care of it I guess. We should stop getting in other country's ways and leave Assad and Putin alone to do their thing.
>>
>>55753290
seems to me it would be a better idea to make money off it than pay it
>>
>>55746343
The only way I would is with a coalition force. Set up strong armies surrounding all Isis territory (like the Allies vs. Germany to the West and South/African front and Russia against Germany's eastern front) pushing through Isis on all sides until they're stuck in one small area where we all would just nuke them.

No pussyfooting just international blitzkrieg.
>>
>>55746343
No thank you. I don't want to pay for Muslim extremists to come to my country and I don't want to pay the government to go and kill Muslims in their countries.

I want the government to fuck off and I want the Muslims to fuck off. Both of those options result in me getting fucked and I don't want to be fucked.

I suspect most people wouldn't support this shit if the government actually told them how much money they spend blowing up mud huts in Iraq.
USA is so far up its arse in debt and unfunded liabilities that it's a surprise anyone supports anything that costs money. Someone is gonna have to pay.
>>
if nato goes all in I'm all for it. equal troops/resources for the win
>>
US Armyfag here. Gee whiz /pol/, I sure would like to go back over to Iraq and continue removing kebab, but since I'm a welfare queen, I'm far too busy sitting on my ass all day spending all your tax money. You would think I'd be out in the field all the time training for this exact scenario, but nope, since there's no freedumbz to protect I just spend all day collecting free money. I mean, I guess I could, but I'd have to ask my Jewish overlords in Israel, whom I work directly for, for permission. Hopefully I've been a good enough goy and doing everything i can to solely protect Jewish interests. But then again, since I'm in the military and not in a STIM job, I's iz 2 stoopid to fly all dose plans and whirlycopters and drive all them armored buggies we gots. Guess you're on your own!
>>
>>55746343
id rather let the chechens handle it

theyll string up ISIS and gut them like animals, if putin lets them go in. theyll also film it and post it online.
>>
We never should have invaded Iraq and toppled Saddam in the first place.

However, leaving them in such a state was just as huge a mistake. I guarantee half those unemployed Iraqi guardsmen are part of ISIS.

To be honest, using full offensive force is the only way to beat them. It was the only way we could convince the suicidal Japanese to surrender. And if someone stays and rebuilds infrastructure, and introduces western values then maybe the survivors won't hate us for another 20 years.
>>
>>55754599
No worries mate, the military branches who matter will do all the work anyways :^)
>>
>>55746343
Would support and enlist, to be honest
>>
>>55746343
If we are going to full-out invade Syria/Iraq again, then I want something out of it. Like a permanent resource colony. Otherwise we'd just be throwing away lives and money for no reason.
>>
>>55754599
the best post ive ever seen on /pol/

600gorrillion/10
>>
>>55746343
>How many of you would support a SIGNIFICANT number of American soldiers returning to Iraq for a ground war with ISIS?

To what end? Repeat history but this time as farce?
>>
>>55747566
We absolutely need a global no-mercy response team. I talked to my staff sergeant about this and a lot of the brass think the same
>>
>>55755307
Thank you my slant eyed friend!
>>
File: 442-48-kadyrov.jpg (11 KB, 320x260) Image search: [Google]
442-48-kadyrov.jpg
11 KB, 320x260
>>55754599
nah we're good.

this guy will do a better job.
>>
>>55748266
Cossacks are unprofessional and undeserving of the list. Just look at the mh17 incident. Even the peshmerga are more competent.
>>
>>55755830
chair force bro actually
>>
>>55748266
On a serious note, as a combat vet I would absolutely love to go back. Not trying to sound like an edgy tough guy bad ass, but more because after 4 tours, I pretty much got the "war" thing down. My job was as a forward observer and now I'm a targeter, responsible for figuring out the best munitions to use on a target and figuring out the accurate grid coordinate for guided weapons. I'm very proficient at doing it and I've directly contributed to removing many kebabs. Killing shitheads is the easy part. The hard part is accepting the fact that to defeat something like ISIS, you'll need a large international force on the ground to prevent a resurgence. Airplanes by themselves cannot hold ground and as we've seen in Iraq, expecting the native populace to be competent enough to defend their own country isn't going to work either.
>>
>>55756527
Ah nice. US Army warrant officer here. Love my airforce bros. I've worked with a ton of JTAC/TACP dudes, great peoples.
>>
>>55755253
agreed. If we go in there solely to get rid of isis just to see an equivalent extremist force rise again as soon as we pull out, then there's no point. We need something concrete guaranteed otherwise it's just a waste of life.
>>
>>55751311
You just described the plot of the movie Toys
>>
>>55746343
May I just hijack this thread?

How many of you would support a TOTAL bombing of all living settlements in areas infested with terrorism, lets say, Afghan Iraq, and Libya for starters, and move on if they don't surrender and become human beings.
>>
>>55750225
Agreed. We cant fix every nation. Let them figure it out with the rest of Africa.
>>
>>55747439
Don't be stupid. You clearly don't know the rules for engagement.
You can't tell the armed forces, go to war, but don't do anything meanie, like kill a woman who is towing a 37mm anti aircraft gun behind her.

bomb the area, salt the earth, (99% of o based drugs are grown in Afghan)

We win.
>>
>>55751311
"CHECK THIS OUT FAGGOT!"

>bomb explodes killing children and a donkey

"360 no cope goat faggets!"

>Hellfire missile slams into children hospital

"Suck my cock you fu-"

"John! Dinners ready!"
>>
>>55760535
>lets try to fix country x
>woah we failed
>it is our fault we created this
>uhh how about we just anhilate every civilian

>>55760612
>We cant fix every nation
Did you ever fix one?
>>
>>55746343
>How many of you would support a SIGNIFICANT number of American soldiers returning to Iraq for a ground war with ISIS?

Only if it was a real war. Bomb the cities, kill anyone who fights back, slaughter everyone if they keep resisting.
>>
>2001
>American government makes false terror attack on twin towers
>Gets all people waving american flags and hating on arabs
>Goes into Afghanistan and iraq with no complaints
>2015
>US Government makes false terror attack on paris
>Gets ALL OF THE WORLD waving humanity flags
>Goes into Syria without any complaints
Am i the only one who is thinking that this could be true?
>>
>>55746343
>American soldiers
>war with ISIS

Oy vey, since when goys attack their own puppets?
>>
>>55760535
I
>>
>>55746343

discourage. now if a presidential candidate said the first thing he would do is divert 10% of the federal budget to building a massive robot army, which would be completed and ready for deployment within the first 100 days of his presidency...
>>
>>55746343
Why cant we just bomb the living shit out of them?
>>
>>55746343

Not anymore.

France can fix it this time. After all, they're the ones with their own version of 9/11 now.
Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.