[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Talk about being redpilled by facts and evidence >Believe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: bin laden family 70s.png (647 KB, 650x405) Image search: [Google]
bin laden family 70s.png
647 KB, 650x405
>Talk about being redpilled by facts and evidence
>Believe in magic sky man despite zero objective evidence

Pick one
>>
>>55741743
>trusting words on a piece of paper written by a scientist desperate to get his paycheck
>trusting words written down by a great leader of men who saved an entire people from slavery, stood on top of a mountain and recieved wisdom from a higher being.

Pick one.
>>
>Be American
>Be clever

Pick one.
>>
>>55741743
>Believe in magic sky man despite zero objective evidence
Do atheists really think the concept of god is that simple? Im agnostic and it worries me that atheists really are as bad as /pol/ say, if not worse.
>>
>>55742250

>trusting demonstrable, empirical evidence
>actually believing barbaric sandnigger fairytale
>>
>'"objective'"
Here your flaw, jewish statist.
>>
File: 1447542242064.png (517 KB, 650x405) Image search: [Google]
1447542242064.png
517 KB, 650x405
>miss me yet?
>>
>>55742873
>be american
>be fat

BOTH !!
>>
The higher your IQ the more likely you are to be an Atheist/Agnostic. As Karl Marx said, "Religion is the opiate of the masses". Religion has no fucking place on /pol/. I thought the point of this place was to distinguish ourselves from the thoughtless sheep.
>>
>>55741743
>Implying I actually believe

>Implying that I don't view it as the only way to oppose Islam and western culture
>>
>>55742873
>because scientists don't lie

http://mobile.the-scientist.com/article/33695/top-science-scandals-of-2012
>>
>>55742666

If there is no evidence that something exists, why believe it?
>>
>>55742250
>trusting words on a piece of paper written by a scientist desperate to get his paycheck

Who?
>>
>>55743658
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_misconduct

Just scroll down to notable cases. I'm in no way saying that most scientific research isn't valid. I'm just saying that "demonstrable, empirical evidence" you have there may not be.
>>
all being atheist means is that IF there is a heaven, youre guaranteeing your way out of it. Theres absolutely nothing to gain being an atheist, while being religious offers a chance to live eternity in a place more perfect than our brains can fathom.
>>
>>55744925
But there are thousands of different religions that are mutually exclusive, there it doesn't help.

Also there is no chance of god being real so not worried at all.
>>
>>55744925

So if there is a "god" would he respect me or you more?

Me because I'm an atheist and live my life being good on my own merit and questioning the mysteries of the universe.

Or you who is mostly good because they think heaven will reward them and thinks religion fills in the gaps science cannot uet fill.
>>
The existence of a deity is not falsifiable thus it does not come under the realm of the scientific method. You cannot disprove the existence of a deity. You also cannot prove the existence of a deity. Both religion and atheism are based solely upon belief.

>mock people for believing in a deity
>believe in little green men despite all evidence suggesting that life exists only on Earth, and nowhere else
If you ever want to trigger an atheist, this is how you do it. The existence of aliens is falsifiable and all searches have come up empty. Thus at this point in time, all evidence says that alien lifeforms, regardless of complexity, objectively do not exist. Yet atheists almost invariably believe in them (likely due to the same media influence that caused them to take up atheism).
>>
>>55744925
Unless there is a god who only allows atheists into heaven. Checkmate, theists.
>>
>>55743607
The problem with humans, is that we are constantly trying to make sense of the world around them.

One of the criticisms of religion by atheists, is that humans have a tendency to place god in those areas which can't be explained by science. Calling it the "god of the gaps".

I'll accept that criticism honestly. And humans, when they don't understand something, do something instinctively; They make theories that try to explain those things which haven't yet been explained.

Life existing at all, cannot be explained, and honestly, I don't believe it'll ever be explained. In order to explain why life exists, you would effectively need to be able to recreate the big-bang. To do that, you would need to create matter out of nothing. If that was actually possible, you would destroy the universe and everyone in it.

Thus, in reality, there are simply always going to be things which science cannot explain. In the absence of evidence, the human thing to do, is to make theories. Thus, the real difference between an atheist and a religious/spiritual person. Is that an atheist either refuses to theorize why life exists, or he theorizes that life exists for no reason whatsoever. That we are just a random accident, with no purpose.

A religious/spiritual person believes that this life is just too amazing to have been an accident. That there must be something "special" to this life, to consciousness. Some believe in an afterlife, or reincarnation. Some believe in heaven and hell, and god, and prophets, and divine-intervention, and who knows?

What an atheist wants you to do, is effectively to "turn off your imagination". You are not allowed to theorize that life may actually have a greater purpose, regardless of the fact that any theory is always based on insufficient evidence. And that, the theory that god exists, cannot be disproved.
>>
File: 5541-Deborah.jpg (89 KB, 290x315) Image search: [Google]
5541-Deborah.jpg
89 KB, 290x315
Brazilian here, 95%+ are Catholics, I'm atheist but I'm conservative, I defend family, harsh punishment, a proper education based in discipline and fear.

Believe me, atheism don't make a difference, at the end its the leftists associating conservatism with Hitler or Its 2015 that win battles..
>>
>>55746133

That's why religion will always exist, science cannot explain everything and probably never will be able to. I'm an atheist and if people want to fill in the unexplainable with religion that's fine with me, and every intelligent atheist too.
>>
>>55746133
Although I agree with what you are saying, be careful in your use of the term "theory" as it leaves you open to easy hollow rebuttals. In science, a theory is derived from a body of evidence and observational data. It often contains a model that can be used to make assertions about subjects in a given area. The colloquial idea of theory is more akin to an hypothesis. You make a supposition about something and then you test the hypothesis through experiments or observation. In essence, you guess the cause for something.

So be careful when saying things like this:
>regardless of the fact that any theory is always based on insufficient evidence.
Because it's not really true. Use hypothesis, and that way shitters can't dismiss your arguments by picking out irrelevancies.
>>
>>55745110
While this is true, it doesnt excuse not picking one.

and kek, i didnt know canadians were all knowing. Thanks for the heads up.
>>
>>55741743
ir /r/atheism closed for maintenance or what is it with all these posts today?
>>
>>55745547
well according to the bible, me. Because i practice my faith, while trying to be a good person and living the faith. I never said i only do it for heaven, but its a pretty sweet bonus.
>>
>religion is based and named after a well known Jew
>"redpilled"

fucking pick one
>>
>>55746904
Which one? I hope you're not referring to Christianity as Jesus was divine so to call him a Jew would be akin to saying Jews are divine, which is a very Jewish line of thought. It's actually literally what Judaism revolves around.
>>
File: fjx1j2.jpg (37 KB, 650x433) Image search: [Google]
fjx1j2.jpg
37 KB, 650x433
>>55741743
>Talk about tradition and culture
>Believe in our heritage and the lessons passed down from our ancestors
>Know God as our creator
>Ancient aliens
>>
>>55741743
I do want to say. I find it hilarious that, almost every atheist you run into, truly believes that there are aliens somewhere else in the universe.

And when you ask them, "What evidence is there that aliens exist?", they reply "The universe is just too big for there not to be life somewhere else in the universe. Do you have any how many stars there are in our universe?"

The truth is, there is no evidence for aliens. So anyone who believes in aliens, should by rights be treated with the same contempt that atheists have for religious people. But they aren't, why?

Because this debate is not actually intended to be an intellectual debate. An atheist, as a general rule, is almost always someone who has a predisposition to not want to believe that god exists. I mean, if god did exist, think of all the things I would have to do. It would be a huge inconvenience to me if god was real.

The kinds of people who become atheists, already hold religion in contempt, and believe it is to blame for most of the problems in the world. That doesn't necessarily imply they are atheists(they could be agnostic or spiritual), but it isn't as if they were ever truly objective to begin with. And the same can be said for the other side. Religious people are overwhelmingly people who already want to believe in god/afterlife/etc.

This is why both sides can believe what they do, and treat their opposition with such contempt, even though neither side really has any more evidence than the other.

Thus the real reason why more and more people are becoming atheist, isn't because there is suddenly so much evidence which disproves god. But because the people, largely as a result of our decadent/materialistic/hedonistic culture, and our government and media's portrayal of religion as evil and an obstacle to our happiness/fun, has created an environment which favors atheism.

Going to boring church every Sunday? How about I just stay home, play video games, and be an atheist?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.