[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j5 PCKyQn7k Serbia vs Turk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 180
Thread images: 20
File: serb vs turk.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
serb vs turk.webm
3 MB, 640x360
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5j5PCKyQn7k

Serbia vs Turkey in Greco-Roman wrestling. The Serbian literally chokes the Turk unconscious, winning the match by K.O.

KEBAB REMOVED
>>
>>55741062
based guillotine

is that shit legal tho?
>>
go home kiwi idiot
>>
>>55741551
Smelly Turk
>>
File: remove.jpg (8 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
remove.jpg
8 KB, 184x184
>>55741062
KEBAB REMOVED

SERBIA STRONK
>>
Wrestling is so gay
>>
>>55741616

>US badge
>claims I'm a Turk

typical inbred Britbong
>>
>>55741503
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greco-Roman_wrestling#History

>Professional matches in Greco-Roman wrestling were known for their great brutality. Body slams, choke-holds, and head-butting was allowed, and even caustic substances were used to weaken the opponent
Apparently chokeholds were allowed in history. I don't know about now though.
>>
>>55741062
turk:
Removed [x]
Not removed [ ]
>>
>>55741928
R A R E FLAG
A
R
E
>>
>>55742018
staph pls its annoying
>>
>>55741928
>niggermountain
>>
>>55741503
yea guillotines are allowed in wrestling

t. wrestler
>>
>>55742157
>>niggermountain
>calls me nigger
>is a nigger
gg wp autism
>>
>>55741832
>what is diaspora

murican educayshun
>>
>>55741062
Tap out or pass out. Turk was a retard thought he could hang on.
>>
>>55741873
>and even caustic substances
what?
>>
>>55741551
looks like syrian immigrants have already arrived
>>
>>55742364

Fought to the end.

Respect.
>>
>>55742553
Well, when the lights start to fade for me i'd rather it not be in the armpit of a burly Serbian. Still based Serb for removing kebab.
>>
>>55741795
Hans please

>>55742462
I dunno man. The Greeks and the Romans were crazy back in the day
>>
>>55742101
>staph
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>55741873
The basic hold is legal and common. A deliberate application of strangling force would be a violation of the rules.

If one player is injured and unable to continue, his opponent wins, unless the injury was caused by an illegal action, in which case the player who caused the injury is disqualified and removed from the tournament. As in boxing, there is a duty to protect oneself and presumption that lawful techniques can cause injury.
>>
File: 1447196168832.png (84 KB, 420x487) Image search: [Google]
1447196168832.png
84 KB, 420x487
>>55742919
we are still edgy now we sink ships instead.
>tfw we missed the one the Paris shooter was onboard
Sr frogfags:(
>>
>>55741062
Jake the Snake would be proud of that DDT.
>>
it says 4-4

how do u win 4-4
>>
>>55743244
He won because the Turk could no longer continue, because he was unconscious.
>>
>>55743244
HOW DO YOU WIN 1-1?
>>
File: pordftcg.jpg (14 KB, 334x344) Image search: [Google]
pordftcg.jpg
14 KB, 334x344
>removing kebab one at a time
>>
Ummm that shit was illegal.

You can't do headlocks in wrestling.
>>
>>55743244
He won by knock out( not sure what it's called in wrestling )
>>
File: usa-wins-1-1.jpg (118 KB, 600x650) Image search: [Google]
usa-wins-1-1.jpg
118 KB, 600x650
>>55743391
lol
>>
>>55741062
CQC
>>
>>55742364
It's greco-roman wrestling. You don't "tap out". There are no submission holds.

Notice that the serb didn't just clamp down on the hold, he threw and pinned his opponent with it. That's the goal in greco-roman wrestling, and the loss of consciousness was ruled to be unintentional and incidental to the pursuit of a pin. If it hadn't been, the serb would have lost the match and been disqualified.
>>
File: duck laugh.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
duck laugh.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>55743585
>Greatest tie since Bunker Hill
>>
>>55743751
later that month
>>
I Imagine wrestling rules are as foreign to americans, as American football is to other people

IE i have no idea whats going on/
>>
>>55744468
Wrestling's pretty common in high schools in some areas of the USA.
>>
>>55744468
Americans have some of the best wrestlers in the world, tard. It's a popular sport here.

source:Was wrestler. Still wrestle on occasion.
>>
>>55744468
>>55744656
I completely fucked up that post. Now that i I think of it I have no idea what I was thinking about.
>>
>>55745221
Russians do too, lol.

I never seem to see any Greeks or Italians doing it these days though.
>>
>>55741062
HOLY FUCK
>>
I miss wrestling. I was good at it in school.

I remember one time I wrestled this guy who was a lot bigger and stronger than me. I went hard for the first couple rounds and got up on him in points, then I stalled like a bitch until time ran out.

The guy was so mad that I won that after the match he went over to the wall and started hitting his head against it.

My dad and I laughed about it afterwards. That was probably one of the only times I ever made my dad proud of me.
>>
>>55744468
The basics of greco-roman are that you can't grab your opponent's legs or use your legs to trip or sweep him. So the standing game is a lot of hip throws and suplex type moves. There are no submission holds, and the main win condition is to pin your opponent (a "fall"), to hold both shoulders to the mat with control even if it only lasts a moment. (there's no WWF mat-slapping countdown)

You get points for throws, for near-pins, and various moves that show technical advantage, like turning the opponent over. The secondary win condition is "technical superiority" -- getting six more points than the opponent has, getting one really big throw ("grand amplitude"), or two good near-pin takedowns. You also win if you have more points when the time runs out (win "by decision").

Of course, there's also disqualification and default. The rules about what ways of holding and throwing the opponent are legal are pretty complicated, but basically, you're not allowed to do anything with the intent of causing or threatening injury or loss of consciousness.

When the ref stops everything and makes you get on your hands and knees, that's usually a penalty for passivity (wasting time, not trying hard enough and taking risks to score points).

The name is nonsense. This "greco-roman" wrestling's rules have nothing to do with the rules of wrestling in Greece or Rome. Rather it was based on silly guesses from looking at a few vase paintings.
>>
>>55745827
>he went over to the wall and started hitting his head against it.
Guys have killed themselves doing that, not understanding how fragile skulls and necks are compared to concrete, brick, and steel.
>>
>>55741795

Yes, it looks homoerotic but grappling martial arts are extremely effective in one on one, hand to hand combat.
>>
Janissaries proving to be the superior soldiers once again.
>>
>>55745221

It's why America is so dominant in the UFC, grappling is an important part of MMA, and you have plenty of people who have been grappling through childhood.
>>
>>55745221
Protip: roided up grandpas with fake tans pretending to slap each other is not real wrestling.
>>
guillotine choke,

thats a bjj move
>>
>>55741062
>Greco-Roman wrestling
source?
>>
>>55743244
he got pinned. when youre on your back in wrestling and both shoulders stay on the mat its a victory for the opponent

>>55743480
yes you can, thats just a 3 quarter nelson. perfectly legal.
>>
>>55747404

It's been around since people realised squeezing someone's neck makes them go night-night
>>
>>55741795
The man in that video could manhandle and rape you just to prove how gay it is.
>>
File: karelin.jpg (744 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
karelin.jpg
744 KB, 1000x1000
>>55745553

>We will never again see such a specimen as karolin again.

>His wrestling record is 887 wins and two losses.

That loss on a technicality against Gardner since the broken-hands clinch rule had only been put in a few months earlier was such bullshit.

https://youtu.be/P9MDNMIbwOE
>>
>>55748543
>those nips
>>
>>55741062
THIS IS WHY I WRESTLE, TO DISOWN MY OPPONENT WITH MY BARE HANDS IN FRONT OF HIS PEOPLE.

GOD, GLORY, AND GATOR ROLLS.
>>
Muh Chinese Martial Arts
Muh Judo
Muh Qi
Muh Karate

What are the two best martial arts in the world, now and forever?

- Western Greco-Roman Wrestiling
- Western Boxing
>>
>>55749707
There are some people on /fit/ who get strong for their country, and people on /asp/ who get tough for their country.

We must all be ready to remove kebab, anon.
>>
>>55749874
BJJ is far more useful in a fight than wrestling and boxing is a complete fucking joke, god damn you stormfags are worse than niggers.
>>
>>55748961

POWER NIPS.
>>
>>55741062

pretty sure there is no winning by K.O.

he won by putting both his opponents shoulder-blades to the mat. the choking was by accident.
>>
>>55750197
>boxing is a complete fucking joke

you are an idiot if you believe that.
>>
>>55741062
>:06
It was all orge.
>>
>>55750197
>BJJ is far more useful in a fight than wrestling and boxing is a complete fucking joke

Nah he's right. Boxing is very underrated for personal defence - in a real fight you don't get much chance to engage in long bouts of MMA style grappling - if you have to throw a punch you need to make sure it counts. Boxing is the way to do it.
>>
>>55748543
karelin was such an animal, that many golds is unheard of
>>
>>55749901
/fit/ mentioned

Aye, I've gotten joocy to protect and serve when the time comes.
>>
>>55750197

>BJJ is far more useful in a fight
>rolling on the floor while people stomp you

No, son.
>>
>>55749874
Before MMA, judo was probably the best fighting art.
The best judoka used to be the best fighter in the world. Yamashita would easily beat Rickson/Royce Gracie on UFC 1, if he cared to compete.

>>55750602
Muay Thai is better than boxing.
>>
>>55750718
especially on the HARD floor. Wrestling is shit on concrete in general.

a trained boxer can punch a persons light out faster than any untrained fighter could ever even react to. Boxers spend years to make their punches hard, compact and invisible. Its a very specific martial art but its probably the most useful in everyday situations as it doesnt involve rolling on a concrete floor and it teaches footwork that allows to keep at range indefinitely outside of a confined ring.
>>
>>55750197
Ok first off asshole what's your offense against a weapon user mr..
>BJJ IS SUCH GOOD MMA EPIC. ALL OTHER MARTIAL ARTS ARE SUCK ASS LELELELELELEL....
Because if this were a world of life or death no rule combat I wish you the best of luck getting to the legs of a weapon guard. My fencing alone could keep you at bay.
>>
>>55750608

If it wasn't for that stupid loss that made him quit he would have probably powered own for so many more years.

He went undefeated in international competition spanning from 1987 to 2000. He was so insane that he didn’t give up a single point in the last six years of his undefeated streak.

He is like an unbeatable cheat character in a fighting game.
>>
>>55751079
Hard floor is actually good for wrestlers against non-wrestlers.

>>55751149
The Gracies made their name in Brazil by being scumbags that fought in the streets without rules. Their tactics were a little different from sports BJJ, but they were very successful with it.

(I would mention that many Brazilians hated them and loved when Sakuraba started defeating them).
>>
>>55750438
>striking sport that doesn't allow elbows,,kicks,or kness
>anything other than a joke

Don't get me wrong i am a boxing fan and i quite enjoy watching it but name me one mmma fighter that came from a predominantly boxing background while there are plenty that came from a karate background such as GSP or Lyoto Machida.
>>
File: 1435792590516.gif (937 KB, 294x224) Image search: [Google]
1435792590516.gif
937 KB, 294x224
>>55750197
Uh no.
>>
>>55751346

>Hard floor is actually good for wrestlers against non-wrestlers.

For a throw, yes. But if you go to ground, you're fucked in a real fight.

All it takes is one friend of the guy deciding to kick you in the kidneys and you're done.
>>
>>55751443
still goes for the bike, love this gif
>>
>>55751531
And what they need is just to throw. Being thrown hurts.
>>
>>55751361
>such as GSP or Lyoto Machida.

GSP was just a points fighter. Machida actually knows how to dance. Just because a guy got into karate at 12yrs old doesn't mean that's his training background.
>>
>>55751443
Sucker punching a guy is kind of shitty, but you do what you have to do when you're a manlet.
>>
For those of us half lit....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fZzxMZ9hLU
>>
The Turk stiffened up when his brain started to reboot so the Serbian guy thought they were still wrastlin.

No malice in it.
>>
>>55741062
Oh shit, I was about to ask if that's legal but that was like the first question in the thread.

God damn Serbia.

Haha fuck yeah!
>>
>>55751079
>Wrestling is shit on concrete in general.
What nonsense is this? A hard floor doesn't make your punches any harder, but if you get thrown down on a hard floor, you're likely to break something, especially if the guy throwing you isn't trying to avoid hurting you.

A good body slam on a hard floor is a one-move win condition. If you can pick a guy up, you can swing his head into the ground like a melon on a rope. Wrestlers put quite a bit of effort learning to throw people down in safe ways, so they don't kill each other in practice or get disqualified in competition. In a situation where they can just cut loose and drive your head into the ground, that's easier than what they normally do.

Also: while BJJ guys aren't particularly focused on throwing, they have had lots of fights on hard surfaces. Their approach of pulling people down any-which-way is pretty good for avoiding getting hit hard or slammed before turning the fight into rolling around on the ground.

Boxers without wrestling skill are way more vulnerable to wrestlers than the other way around.
>>
>>55751897

>Sucker punching a guy is kind of shitty

Never been in a fight in your life, have you?
>>
>>55752128
I have plenty of times when I was younger. It's a bitch move.
>>
In his mind he was thinking, "That's for raping my great great great great great great great grand mother!".
>>
>>55747230
Actually whoever is best at Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is dominant in MMA as that's pretty much objectively the best style for MMA as it's practiced in America. It was even more dominant in the early days of the sport when the rules were looser, BJJ guys just annihilated basically everyone they went up against.
>>
>>55742462

They probably had some ancient Greek drain cleaner or something.
>>
>>55750197
You're retarded. In a real world fight tactics are more important than fighting style. Being the best BJJ artist in the world is great...if you're only fighting people who follow the rules. In the real world, anything goes.
>>
>>55752128
Sucker-punching someone isn't "fighting". It's like stabbing someone in the back. It's just hurting them when they aren't attacking you.
>>
I didn't even know serbs wrestled kek.
>>
>>55752537
This. It's kind of hard to tell without the sound, but it looks like the dopey nog was just arguing with him and unprepared to actually fight.
>>
>>55752492
Same goes for boxing and wrestling too, how does that invalidate my argument?
>>
>>55742157
>>niggermountain
>niggerrican
>>
>>55752368
In MMA, the most complete fighter wins... BJJ is just 1/3 of MMA.

>>55752492
If you are the best BJJ artist in the world, you will be freaking scary for pretty much anyone that is not an elite MMA/judo fighter, no matter the rules.
>>
>>55752322
There are no bitch moves in a real fight, son.

There are only those that help you gain an advantage, and those that don't.
>>
Wrestlers always BTFO boxers.

I was a wrestler at the local sports school and we always beat the shit out of the boxers.
>>
>>55752929
It wasn't even a fight. The nigger was just arguing with him and the spic sucker punched him because the camera was rolling.
>>
>>55750197

BJJ is 100% useless if you are fighting or trying to defend yourself from more than one person at a time. Boxing is better is this regard. Learning how to throw a couple of solid punches is incredibly useful

Want to know the most effective martial art look at what as risen as the most effective styles in the MMA

BJJ+Boxing is god tier with a dash of kickboxing and muay thai is literally all you need
>>
I also want to point out that wrestling is good... So long as your opponent doesn't has his friends with him, or a weapon.

If you take the fight to the ground when his friends are around, they're immediately going to fuck you up.

A good mix of striking and grappling is good best methinks. This is why a lot of people who do BJJ also do Muay Thai.
>>
>>55751443
Former world boxing champion losing to a bjj fighter that only started training recently and whom until nowonly fought in street fight and small time mma cards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFUupiz6h9E
>>
>>55752326
That'd be a Boshniook actually. Or an Albanian, whichever you please.
>>
>>55745221
WHY DO WHITE PEOPLE LOVE TO WRESTLE BUT HATE BOXING? MY MEXICAN FRIEND LOVES BOXING BUT HATES WRESTLING.
>>
File: england lifts.jpg (387 KB, 900x3690) Image search: [Google]
england lifts.jpg
387 KB, 900x3690
>>55750634
pic related
>>
>>55753151
Usually, if you are fighting more than one person at a time, you are fucked, anyway. And you probably should think what you are doing with your life, to be in this kind of situation.

I think it was Stalin that said "quantity has a quality of its own".
>>
>>55750197
see
>>55753192
>>55753540
>>55753151
>>
>>55750915
>Muay Thai is better than boxing.

Not for throwing punches.

IF you want to learn to wrestle do G.R. Wrestling. you want to be knock people out with your punches? Boxing.

You want to compete in MMA? BJJ, Muay Thai might very well be useful in that, but in a general situation you're not going to get the opportunity to show off your knowledge of Muay Thai. Most fights last a few seconds and are won by the person who either a) lands the first concussion punch or b) can knock the other person to the ground and wail on them until they're unconcious. Skill doesn't really come into it outside of a sporting event.
>>
>>55753302
That's because boxers typically have no ground game. That shit isn't going to work as easily with a collegiate wrestler.
>Matt Hughes vs. Royce Gracie.
>>
>>55752929
>There are only those that help you gain an advantage, and those that don't.
...and those that turn a tense situation into an attempted murder, and those that turn a low-risk scuffle into a fight for your life, and those that turn a victory even your opponent will respect into something that gets his friends to jump you two weeks later.

There's not just winning and losing, there are dirty tactics, unwarranted escalations, unnecessary maimings, civil liability, and criminal law enforcement.

Things you don't do unless you think your life is on the line:
- sucker punch
- go for the balls
- go for the eyes
- bite
- kick a guy who's down
- try to do damage that won't heal in a week
- aim to damage any of your opponent's property
- taunt, provoke, or humiliate your opponent

These rules are for your own benefit, not out of some kind of generosity.
>>
>>55753302

Firstly that's a sporting event, not a street fight.

Comparing the two is stupid.

Secondly that particular boxer (Ricardo Mayorga) is many many years past his best. Having a few MMA fights after you've retired from Boxing for the money is not exactly an unusual thing - Ray Mercer was still knocking guys out in MMA well into his 40's for example when he was a fat dude fighting for paychecks and couldnt' get licensed in boxing.
>>
>>55749874
>What are the two best martial arts in the world, now and forever?

What is BJJ and Muy Thai...

Western wrestling is for faggots, as is any grappling that doesn't rely on choking the life out of your opponent or hyper-extending / breaking their limbs.

Western Boxing is bad ass....until you get round kicked in the leg, head, or neck.
>>
>>55741795

and this is why Germany is so keked.
>>
>>55754042
>Western Boxing is bad ass....until you get round kicked in the leg, head, or neck.

If you just want to know how to throw fast, hard, straight punches then Boxing is the place to go.

Obviously it won't be much use in a wrestling or grappling style sport such as MMA, but in the real world being able to hit someone really fucking hard, and to hit them first before they can hit you or force you to the ground, is pretty useful.
>>
>>55753757
Against untrained people, Muay Thai works better than boxing.
Source: I live in Brazil. This damn country is a jungle.
And in a boxer vs muay thai fight, I can't see a boxer having any advantage.

>>55753977
Ray Mercer won one fluke victory against another washed out fighter in MMA. The other one he lost to Kimbo Slice.
>>
>>55754158
>If you just want to know how to throw fast, hard, straight punches then Boxing is the place to go.

That's true, Nigel.

Boxing, as a "martial art", is under-rated as fuck, and is far superior than any gook hand striking art.
>>
>>55754242
>Against untrained people, Muay Thai works better than boxing.

The thing that's great about Muay Thai, aside from the kicks, is the use of knees and elbows in the clinch.

Most people just aren't expecting that, especially if they're used to boxing.
>>
>>55753151
>BJJ is 100% useless if you are fighting or trying to defend yourself from more than one person at a time.
BJJ is focused on 1v1 tactics, but it's certainly not "100% useless" against multiple opponents.

Any trained fighter (in a practical style with full-contact sparring, not the sillier sorts of karate and kung-fu) has a big advantage over untrained fighters. In BJJ, you do learn how to throw, punch, and kick, it's just not what's emphasized. It's still a hell of a lot better than nothing.

Another thing to keep in mind is that submission holds are only applied slowly, in a controlled way, for the sake of the opponent. A good BJJ guy can take down an untrained opponent, break his arm, neck, or leg in seconds, and move on to the next guy while he's still trying to figure out what's going on and what he should do to help his friend. Plus trying to kick someone while he's down can make it easy for him to take you down.

Watching a friend's arm bend backwards and him start screaming horribly is likely to reduce your enthusiasm for pursuing a fight with the guy who did it.
>>
>>55754242

Not at landing punches. I've seen people trained in Muay Thai and BJJ come to our gym to spar, learn striking technique, etc and their power is really weak. This is understandable desu - they are trained in a different discipline.

>And in a boxer vs muay thai fight, I can't see a boxer having any advantage.

In a MMA fight? No you're right the Muay Thai person would have an advantage.

In a real fight? A bit more tricky, since it's not taking place in a sporting context. You get sucker punched by someone who's trained as boxer you'll be in big trouble. Real life is not MMA stop pretending that it is.

Complex fighting systems that are designed for contact sports aren't effective in random fights anyway.

>>55754242
>Ray Mercer won one fluke victory against another washed out fighter in MMA

I wouldn't call it a fluke, he knocked the guy clean out with his first shot. That's what boxers are good at.

If you can wrestle him to the ground or choke hold him or something before getting hit then they're fucked (see James Toney's MMA career for proof) cos they aren't trained in wrestling.

However in the street if you get wrestled to the ground it doesn't matter how much MMA you know - you're fucked at that point anyway. You'll have your eyes gouged out, you'll be throttled and choked, you'll be repeated hit on the head until concussed or dead, so you won't really get much chance to show off you ground game IRL.
>>
>>55754158
How the fuck is mma a grappling style sport when both strikes and grappling are allowed and both fighters start in a striking position? The reasonw hy most fights get decided by the ground game is simply because it's far more useful.
>>
>>55741062
>choke other person, until he pass out
>lay said unconscious person on his back
>this is considered sport
LOL
>>
>>55754740
This is nice in theory, but in practice, Muay Thai fighters are more dangerous.

>However in the street if you get wrestled to the ground it doesn't matter how much MMA you know - you're fucked at that point anyway. You'll have your eyes gouged out, you'll be throttled and choked, you'll be repeated hit on the head until concussed or dead, so you won't really get much chance to show off you ground game IRL.

Real life is not some horror movie, regardless of what sherdoggers think.

Here is how most fights go:

Two people swing punches like drunk people, they clinch, it becomes some kind of shitty wrestling match, the fight goes to the ground for a little while, they get up, they posture.
Usually, someone separates the fight in one of the stages, so not all of them happen.

You are actually more in danger if you win the fight than if you lose the fight.
>>
>>55754759
>How the fuck is mma a grappling style sport when both strikes and grappling are allowed and both fighters start in a striking position?

Because like in most real-life fights they don't stay standing for very long - grappling is definitely the most important aspect of MMA and striking is just some extra.

Most MMA fighters (even top-tier guys) have absolutely awful punching technique (although it's getting gradually better over time) because the fights are mostly decided by who can win on the ground.

Real life is the same - most fights in the real world are won by the biggest fattest bastard charging into the smaller party in a drunken rage, knocking them off their feet, then wailing on them, choking them, banging their head into the ground etc until concussed or dead.

I have seen people who were 6ft3, 190lbs, trained to fight etc get nearly killed and hospitalised by some 5ft10 300lbs obese beergut landwhale more than once, simply cos most street fights are a matter of newtonian physics not skill. Why do you think they have weight divisions in combat sport?

Boxing can teach you how to throw a very powerful punch, and to make sure you land that punch first before the other person takes you down. That gives you chance to escape or to maybe even go on the attack yourself if you get the first punch in. Not much, but it's practical.
>>
File: get the fuck out.jpg (55 KB, 466x576) Image search: [Google]
get the fuck out.jpg
55 KB, 466x576
>headlock guy until he passes out
>this is real wrestling guys I swear!

If thats 100% legal and allowed, why isnt every match just 2 guys trying to sleeperhold eachother to see who can do it first and win?

Greco-roman wrestling is gay as fuck though. Even gayer than MMA.
>>
>>55755150
>Two people swing punches like drunk people, they clinch, it becomes some kind of shitty wrestling match, the fight goes to the ground for a little while, they get up, they posture.

This is sort-of true. Let me go through it.

>Two people swing punches like drunk people

This is true, but if one of the people knows boxing technique then they won't be swinging punches they'll be throwing hard, fast, straight punches right into the target.

>they clinch, it becomes some kind of shitty wrestling match

If you are able to get the first punch in, you are in a stronger position to wrestle the other person to the ground.

>The fight goes to the ground for a little while, they get up, they posture.

99% of fights end up on the ground. Usually the fattest person knocks the lightest person over, gets on top of them, then hits/chokes that person until their unconcious.

If you want to win a street fight the best advice I can give you is be over 300lbs and learn how to knock people over using sheer size. Once you have them on the ground choke them, gouge their eyes out, batter their head against the floor until the skull cracks etc. You don't neem Muay Thai to do that.

The outcome of most fights in the real world is determined in the opening few seconds. You don't get chance to use much technique.

That's why Muay Thai isn't really useful - at least in a real fight there's a good chance you might be able to throw a punch, so Boxing offers a practical alternative. However if you find yourself on the floor in the street fight you're basically fucked no matter how much wrestling technique you've got. IRL People don't tend to put you in submission holds they push their fingers into your eyes to blind you and go for your throat to suffocate you - both of which aren't even allowed in MMA (which is why comparing street fights to MMA is retarded)
>>
>>55755741
>>55755025
Mohammed is angry
>>
"MMA training" is to this generation what kung-fu and ninja shit was to kids from the 80s. I'm not saying it's not helpful to know some things, but if you're serious about martial arts, learn a discipline properly instead of doing bits from everywhere in a haphazard manner. You'll only end up mediocre at everything.

Secondly, if you have to pick one discipline for self-defence in a street or bar situation or whatever, it has to be boxing. 99.9% of fights either start with some guy throwing a punch or leaving himself wide open for a punch and from a utilitarian point of view, being able to hit someone accurately and hard and get the fuck out of there will serve you better in the vast majority of self-defence situations than anything else you can name.

Muay Thai? The boxing part, yes, but good luck trying to throw kicks in an enclosed space (a bar, for example) or leaving yourself wide fucking open if you miss. And I say this as someone who's been doing it for nearly ten years.

BJJ? Forget it. If you want to roll around on the ground and get your head kicked in or have the shit stabbed out of you, go right ahead. It wouldn't be me.

Judo? Slightly better than the above and will seriously fuck someone up if they get into a clinch but the entire point of a self-defence situation is to not get yourself tied up or close the gap like that. Hit the dude, hit him hard and get the fuck out of there.

To reiterate: learning how to punch properly and effectively and how to defend yourself from punches is the most important skill one can learn in a defence situation becasue that's simply how most fight starts and end.

Actually, it's the second most important: the most important is "use your legs and brain" and don't get into violent situations in the first place.
>>
>>55755818
>gouge their eyes out, batter their head against the floor until the skull cracks etc.
And then, you get a new roommate named Jamal.

>The outcome of most fights in the real world is determined in the opening few seconds. You don't get chance to use much technique.
>That's why Muay Thai isn't really useful - at least in a real fight there's a good chance you might be able to throw a punch, so Boxing offers a practical alternative.
Muay Thai is a striking art that uses punches, kicks, knees. It is not grappling.

>However if you find yourself on the floor in the street fight you're basically fucked no matter how much wrestling technique you've got. IRL People don't tend to put you in submission holds they push their fingers into your eyes to blind you and go for your throat to suffocate you - both of which aren't even allowed in MMA (which is why comparing street fights to MMA is retarded)
If you have a good BJJ ground game and you are on bottom against an untrained person, you have a huge advantage. Specially if they try to go for your throat to suffocate you. This is pretty much the dream scenario of all BJJ fighters.
>>
>>55756250
>have the shit stabbed out of you
If you are fighting against a group of people and some of them have a knife, you are totally fucked. Boxing won't save you.

Also, you guys are overestimating the danger of regular fights.
>>
>>55741062
I love the comments
>>
>>55756597
I think they're all because of this thread too desu
>>
>>55753928
>cancuk
>knowing how to fight
Anon if you open your mouth it takes 20 pounds less pressure to break
KNEES AND ELBOWSSSS
>>
>>55741062
I wonder what the rules actually are.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLo7Ao54TJA

And what if you get a boner during one of those floor rumblings? Like purely from the sheer rubbing against that thin uniform. Gotta feel embarrassing.
>>
>>55756250
>Hit the dude, hit him hard and get the fuck out of there.

This.

Don't get up close and personal, as soon as they're in your space being threatening hit them hard and fast then either follow it up by taking them to the ground or GTFO.

Although most fights start with a punch, sometimes you have a situation where someone charges into them from behind or the side and throws them to the ground. In such a situation a bit of muay thai or wrestling technique might be helpful, but probably won't change the outcome (ie you're fucked)
>>
>>55748543
HOLY SHIT.

Only one born in such a hard russian life could be that hardy.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVNg-P9NjuA

BJJ vs wrestling/judo = 50/50 depends on your skills

BJJ vs any pure striker = cover your head and everything will be fine m8

x vs multiple opponents =its not like in movies, just run

x vs a gun = never, fucking never fight vs an armed person unless you don't have where to run and your life is in danger, you can try only if you are going to die anyways.
>>
File: bonerjudo.jpg (93 KB, 850x548) Image search: [Google]
bonerjudo.jpg
93 KB, 850x548
>>55757070
Were you in this thread? >>>/asp/752666
>>
I would say that muay thai is more practical for real fighting than boxing is, for the simple reason that hands are full of small bones and unwrapped fists are much more delicate than knees and elbows.

Boxing teaches you to swing like your fists are indestructible, and tells you that you're safe in a clinch and don't have to deal with it.

These are both really stupid things in a real fight.

Muay thai is a much more complete standing fight, with clinching and throws. The kicks are also really brutal, and can put smaller, weaker, untrained people down fast. There have been cases of thai boxers taking down whole street gangs with no injury to themselves.
>>
>>55741062
Why are Serbs and Slavs so goddamn good at wrestling?
>>
>>55756298
>And then, you get a new roommate named Jamal.

There's no rules in street fighting. Thousands of people have been sent to jail for doing exactly what I've just described.

>Muay Thai is a striking art that uses punches, kicks, knees. It is not grappling.

In terms of punching + striking boxing is far far supeior to muay thai. Knees and kicks are pretty stupid in real fights cos you can lose balance and get knocked over easily if your feet aren't firmly planted to the ground.

If you want to learn to hit people hard and fast there is literally nothing better than boxing.
>>
>>55746505
Good thing I have a right to bear arms....
>>
>>55742465
Rarest Flag.
>>
>>55748543
So was this guy on WWF or WCW?
>>
>>55756558

I'm not talking about fighting a group of people. I'm talking about some arsehole in a bar starts something, you take him to the ground like an idiot and five seconds later his buddy sticks a pint glass in your face. You cannot go to the ground in a street fight unless you absolutely have to. It's madness to do it.

I've done MT for nearly ten years and judo since I was 7. I worked on doors for five years while I was a student so I've seen this shit happen. The most useful self-defence skill someone can learn is how to punch properly. It's the most effective, it's the quickest and it's the safest.
>>
>>55742919
Quicklime
>>
>>55757467
>I would say that muay thai is more practical for real fighting than boxing is, for the simple reason that hands are full of small bones and unwrapped fists are much more delicate than knees and elbows.

Yes but in a real fight you're fighting to survive, not to win a sporting contest. In such a situation your fists are basically going to be fucked, but at least your not going to die, right?

All this stuff about throws and takedowns and kicks are meant for sporting contests. IRL it doesn't work like that.

If you're on the ground you've basically lost. For example getting repeated kick in the head, or stamped on with both feet in the head, isn't something you have to deal with in MMA but in a street fight you do.

My only advice for people here is if you are in a real fight 1) hit them first, make it count 2) get the fuck out of there and 3) don't let them get you on the ground cos if you do all the wrestling technique in the world won't save you if blinds you in both eyes or chokes you to death.
>>
>>55757756
>I worked on doors for five years while I was a student so I've seen this shit happen. The most useful self-defence skill someone can learn is how to punch properly. It's the most effective, it's the quickest and it's the safest.

This guy knows.

You hit them, hard, make it count, then get the fuck outta there before his 20 stone friend runs into you with a broken pint glass.
>>
>>55757375
Sweet mother of kek.
>>
BJJ + wrestling or judo 1x1 fights

boxing or muay-thai for multiple (but no more than 3) opponents.
>>
>>55757664
>Montenegro
That's not Rare you god damn retard, that's Uncommon.
Fucking idiot.
Getting my god damn hopes up.
>>
>>55742265
monte = mountain
negro = nigger

therefore you are nigger mountain or mount nigger. You choose faggot
>>
>>55758349
Shit, forgot about it
sambo is a pretty based martial art as well.
>>
File: jakeLaMotta.jpg (26 KB, 500x338) Image search: [Google]
jakeLaMotta.jpg
26 KB, 500x338
>>55749874
Western Freestyle Wrestling and Boxing
>Greco-Roman is totally badass but
>Freestyle would be better in fight since you can use legs in a real fight
> it is a fact Western Boxing has the hardest punches
>>
File: wrestling-coach.jpg (92 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
wrestling-coach.jpg
92 KB, 400x300
>>55757717
>>
>>55757977
>>I would say that muay thai is more practical for real fighting than boxing is, for the simple reason that hands are full of small bones and unwrapped fists are much more delicate than knees and elbows.
>Yes but in a real fight you're fighting to survive, not to win a sporting contest. In such a situation your fists are basically going to be fucked, but at least your not going to die, right?
Wrong. If you break your hand, you can't hit with it, you can't grab with it, and you could be very distracted by the pain.

Basically, if you break your hand, you've probably lost the fight. And it's very easy to break your hand without doing serious damage. If you look at the rugged features of men's faces, that's the product of hundreds of thousands of years of an evolutionary arms race between fists and faces. You can break your hand on a cheekbone or jaw without even stunning your opponent. Hitting another man in the face with your fist is gambling the outcome on a game of conkers.

Anyway, in most "real fights", especially unarmed ones, you're not really fighting to survive. It's a pretty small proportion of unarmed fights that end with anyone dying. A broken hand is a pretty bad outcome of a fistfight, even if that's the worst thing that happens. Fights to the death almost always involve weapons.
>>
>>55741795
In wrestling, you're only gay if you're on the bottom.
>>
>>55741062
good serb does his job well
>>
File: 53.jpg (106 KB, 483x483) Image search: [Google]
53.jpg
106 KB, 483x483
>>55754042
>Western Boxing is bad ass....until you get round kicked in the leg, head, or neck.
Kicks are not good counter to boxing. Most people including martial arts artist can't land a good kick. Good kick is natural born gift. Also many basic defense principles of defence against punches works against kicks (maintain distance and move). So it would be good punches against bad kicks.

Best counter against boxing is grappling. Boxers defend against grappling by calling referee and there is nothing in boxing that helps to defend against grappling. It is even opposite many defensive boxing moves expose boxers to grapple.
>>
>>55749874
>What are the two best martial arts in the world, now and forever?

-Muay Thai
-Jui Jitsu
>>
>>55757469
Because they still have a patriarchal culture and haven't been totally keked by feminism.
>>
File: tigers.jpg (466 KB, 1600x1069) Image search: [Google]
tigers.jpg
466 KB, 1600x1069
>>55759424
>If you break your hand, you can't hit with it,
https://youtu.be/zuzImQo7cdg?t=58
Not so sure about that!
>>
>>55759678
>Kicks are not good counter to boxing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ7bbmjtAB0
The boxing stance is extremely vulnerable to low kicks. Of course high Jet Li style kicks wont do shit to a boxer but he wont be able to do shit against low kicks. That said I agree with the grappling is the best counter part
>>
File: 1434786215790.jpg (268 KB, 715x640) Image search: [Google]
1434786215790.jpg
268 KB, 715x640
>>55760057
>mfw this pic will trigger moslemlovers
>>
>>55741062
who cares??

don't let the media fool you, the white man is just as strong if not stronger than mudslimes and shitskins and perfectly capable of defending himself in a 1v1

stop taking pride in one man beating the fuck out of a dirty turk, you should consider that completely normal if you want people to take us seriously and ourselves to regain some confidence
>>
>>55760388
t. mehmet ozturk
>>
>>55760388

We're not hurting for confidence against other races.

Don't lump us in with you, please.
>>
>>55760057
I don't see anything in the video where a guy is hitting with a broken hand.
>>
>>55760208
Low kick has similar range to straight punch. So kicker trying to land kick is risking to catch counter into face himself. It all comes to who judge distance better who is faster and who has better aim. But as i already said most people tend to punch much better than kick so chances are on the punch side.
>>
>God Tier: Western Boxing
https://youtu.be/iUTdwfe5xsk?t=11
>>
>>55760388
Hey man, I just thought /pol/ would find it amusing considering the Serbian-Turkish history. I also thought some of them would enjoy a bit of wrestling. It seems like /asp/ has come out in this thread.
>>
>>55741062

Hope the T*rk was turned into a vegetable.
>>
>>55760893
yeah that needed some historical context, remember in UFC1 (Gerard Gordeau) he won his fight after that one with a broken hand (broke it on that tooth losing foolio's head) and open wound in his foot
Royce Gracie beat him after that
>>
>>55748543
I'd say Taymazov is comparable he also has three olympic golds in the same weight class albeit in freestyle not greco
>>
>>55761084
>So kicker trying to land kick is risking to catch counter into face himself.
wtf bruh, just keep your hands up.
>>
>>55761537
Oh yeah. I just watched it, and he gets in a few good ones with his hurt hand.

But there's broken and broken, you know?
>>
>>55760875
>>55760652
every single time

whatever you fucking idiots
>>
>>55741062

>tfw 2007 NJ state champion

That guillotine was raw.
>>
>>55753492
White people are bigger
>>
>>55741062
>>>/asp/
>>
>>55770044
/asp/ is overrun with fucking /wwe/ at the moment.
Thread replies: 180
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.