[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>all this for 120 dead Can some Americans explain what it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
>all this for 120 dead

Can some Americans explain what it was like after 9/11 when nearly 3000 people died? It seems hard to contemplate the size of 9/11 when you've got people going crazy over this Paris attack. Not to mention, most people had no idea about Muslim extremists back then

What were the immediate days after 9/11 like for Americans?
>>
>>55740154
fear, kinda shell shock. we, America, had be hit on our soil. Then it become a glorious anger.
>>
File: 1447455815258.jpg (224 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1447455815258.jpg
224 KB, 1024x768
>>55740154
I was in 5th grade Anon, everyone was very sad, and shortly following very angry. My whole family in tears, very much like yesterday and today.
>>
>>55740154
We didnt know wtf happened. But everyone helped their fellow.man
>>
>>55740154
>most people had no idea about muslim extremists back then.
Uh, no.
>>
EVERY CHANNEL was covering 9/11.
People thought world war 3 or some other total war was right around the corner and investing in bunkers. The day of people thought it was an accident after the first plane. Then the second hit. shit got shaky. then the pentagon. people were fucking scared after that.
>>
>I was 6
>don't remember it

Well, there will inevitably be another US happening I can witness firsthand, right?
>>
I was watching cartoons and it habben. I didn't give a fuck and was annoyed that my toons were interrupted.
>>
I was under 10 years old.

Came home to see something on TV, smoldering building. Then I watched the second plane hit the other tower.

I think being a stupid kid I went "Wow! what is this movie!", then I realised it was the news, that it was a real building, and that people were dieing.

In Canada I remember everyone around me talking about how we have to help America. Public support for the military shot up instantly.
>>
>>55740154
That was the day I got Super Mario Sunshine in the mail. My dad wouldn't let me play it on the T.V.
>>
>>55740154
>9/11 when nearly 3000 people died?
>>
This will be forgotten
9/11 won't because America actually had the balls to do something in retaliation
>>
9/11 seemed pretty unimportant. 3000 people out of 300 million in the country... not much.
>>
>>55740154
Depends where you were.

You've got to remember Merica is a big place.

I was 18 in the southwest. We knew shit was going down and all expected to be drafted for the coming war. We watched on TV, and it was on everywhere. People just standing in front of every TV wherever is was.

We really expected war, big war. There were lines at the gas stations trying to get a last fill up prior to everything skyrocketing.

It was kind of like a fog all day. You were immersed in this thing, like a funk. Everyone was.

It was wild.
>>
>>55740567
Fucking liar. The Gamecube hadn't even come out yet, and Super Mario Sunshine was years away.
>>
LIST OF MAJOR ISLAMIC ATTACKS & PLOTS ON AMERICA…before 9/11Some people ignore that Islamics have been attacking the United States long before September 11, 2001.
Here is just a sampling:

1979Iran Hostage Crisis: seizure of US Tehran Embassy, Iran(Nov 4, 1979 for 444 days)
1983 Bombing of US Beirut Embassy, Lebanon(April 18, 1983)
1983Bombing of US Marine barracks, Beirut, Lebanon(Oct 23, 1983)
1983Bombing of US Kuwait Embassy(Dec 12, 1983)
1984Bombing of US Beirut Embassy (again)(Sept 20, 1984)
1984Kuwait Airlines Flight 221 hijacked to Tehran– American passengers murdered(Dec 3, 1984)
1985Hijacking TWA Flight 847hijacked to Beirut(June 14, 1985)
1985Hijacking cruise ship Achille Lauro, wheelchair-bound American is thrown overboard & killed(Oct 7, 1985)
1986Bombing Berlin discofrequented by US servicemen(April 5, 1986)
1988Bombing Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland, 100’s murdered(Dec 21, 1988)
1993First bombingWorld Trade Center, New York City, 7 Killed, 1,042 wounded(Feb 26, 1993)
1993Foiled NY Landmarks plotbyOmar Abdel Rahmanto blow up the Holland and Lincoln tunnels
and other New York City landmarks
1993Attempted Assassination of Pres. Bush Sr.during visit to Kuwait(April 14, 1993)
1993Black Hawk Down: shot down US helicopters in Mogadishu, Somalia,
during Operation Restore Hope(Oct 3-4, 1993)
1994Plot to assassinate President Clintonduring visit to the Philippines
1995Failed Project Bojinkaby Ramzi Yousef to blow up a dozen US airliners over the Pacific(end in Jan 1995)
1995Bombing US military headquarters, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia(Nov 13, 1995)
1996Bombing Khobar Towers, Saudi Arabia, housing U.S. foreign military personnel(Jun 25, 1996)
1998Bombing U.S. Nairobi Embassy, Kenya, Africa(Aug 7, 1998)
1998Bombing U.S. Dar es Salaam Embassy, Tanzania, Africa(Aug 7, 1998)
>>
>>55740154
>australia
>not funposting

but presumably you're underage or you would remember. the media wouldn't shut up about it for weeks on end, and if i don't know if you noticed but it was used as an excuse to invade iraq and destabilize the region to the extent that it was indirectly responsible for the attacks yesterday.
>>
>>55740726
To the wrong group of people, but they did break out the killtoys.
They're still close buddies with the Saudis.
>>
>>55740154
>all this for 120 dead

Can some Americans explain what it was like after 9/11 when nearly 3000 people died?

It was about 25 times worse
>>
>>55740489
Maybe you're not really popular with IS I think, at least that's what I'm getting from our media.
>>
>>55740154
It turned the country retarded. The Patriot Act passed in a few weeks (kind of weird how quickly people were able to write such a large and complex set of laws... almost like they had their proposals in place long before September of 2001...), committed to an open-ended war in Afghanistan, and then slightly more than a year later (October 2002) voted to invade Iraq.

I'd say things remained pretty patriotarded up through the first and second battles of Fallujah in 2004, at which point it became clearer that all we had really done was add a shitload of debt to get a bunch of soldiers killed for no actual purpose.

The attacks themselves led to the major TV channels airing nothing but "breaking news" for three solid days, until regular programming returned.

They massively overshadowed the anthrax attacks in October of 2001, which in most other years would have been a gigantic media frenzy.
>>
My principal interrupted class in the morning to tell us what happened, that we were safe and no terrorists would hit our school with airplanes.
>>
More anger than fear
We didn't pussy up and miss work that same day
We continued on and I even remember watching it as it unfolded and my dad just telling me they were fucking cowards then he asked me if I wanted to stay home and watch it on the news all day but my mom said I had to go to school...
But yeah we walked it off and didn't suck terrorist dick a day later
We went to war after
Basically more anger than fear if they put a gun in my hands and a burger in the other I would've been off to serve my country that same day
And for as much shit people give bush he made me really proud that day he didn't make us feel like victims he made the USA feel like we just got sucker punched and now we're going to fuck them up
This is all the feelings in that week
Not saying what I believe now it was just a very patriotic magical time
>>
>>557408771999Foiled LAX Millennium plotby Ahmed Ressam to bomb Los Angeles International Airport
(Ressam was arrested at US Canadian border)
2000Failed USS The Sullivans bombingthat was refueling in the port of Aden, Yemen.(Jan 3, 2000)
2000Bombing USS Colein the port of Aden, Yemen, 17 U.S. Navy sailors murdered(Oct 12, 2000)
(The USS Cole was not engaged in any combat during this period)
2000 Bombing plaza across from US Manila Embassy(Dec 30, 2000)
20019/11 attacks: World Trade Center, Flight 93, Pentagon, 3000+ murdered(Sept 11, 2001)
>>
>>55740154
weve had these threads a million times. i was in high school in french class. had one of those older teachers that you knew was hot when she was younger.

everything was normal until an announcement came over the PA, they said there was an attack and they turned all the TVs on to show what was happening. i think it was 10th grade so i was 16? i dunno, everyone was just like, wtf. we werent even sure to believe it honestly.

but what pissed me off more, actually, and started to red pill me on bullshit, was that after just a couple minutes, they turned the TVs off. apparently kids' parents were calling in and telling them they didnt want their kids to see it and to turn it off, so they did. obviously i immediately was like "what the fuck, this is going to make history. people around the world, and children of the future are going to be told and taught that this happened, and were not allowed to watch it happen?" the teacher looked at the ground and after a few seconds turned the TV back on (the office could send signals to only make the TV do basic things, not force certain states or block channels). case closed nigga
>>
>>55740154
>3,000 dead

America lol

>160 dead
Ok guys this is bad
>>
I wasn't in the US when 9/11 happened but I visited in 2000 and and 2002 and it was like a whole different country.

I miss pre 9/11 USA ;_;
>>
File: image.jpg (262 KB, 1200x696) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
262 KB, 1200x696
>What were the immediate days after 9/11 like for Americans

Americans blindly wanting to go to war in Afghanistan and Iraq for no apparent reason.
>>
even worse that jews did it
>>
>>55740553
>In Canada I remember everyone around me talking about how we have to help America
This is why I love Canada, you're the ideal neighbors; Some day I hope we can work together and take over the world for greater North American superiority, but fuck Mexico desu. Maybe you guys can help us with a wall for mutual gain
>>
>>55740154
I was attending high school in an NYC suburb the day of the attack. The days events are forever burned into my head...

The Paris attack isn't even close; feels more like a school shooting.

9/11 defined a generation
>>
>>55740319
>very much like yesterday
you're pretty much a kek if you cried yesterday.

this is fucking awesome! i want to see more people die!
>>
>>55740460
Uh, yeah.

The average person didn't know ossuma bin Laden from Jafar from the Disney film 'Aladdin'

Bin laden was actually on the FBI top 10 list (for the USS Cole bombing) but the average American didn't know his name. Radical Islam coverage in normal media was almost nil.
>>
>>55740154
north american news was shook, every channel was covering it and everyone was scared. then after a few weeks I got to see the greatest thing i've ever seen in my life, an entire country rising up in arms to fight fire with fire, liberals crying and soiling their panties with vaginal fluids. The only problem in the last 14 years is the world not letting america finish the job.
>>
The world is completely different now to how it was a decade ago. The reaction to any incident in the last 5-6 years does not compare to anything 10+ years ago.

Not Murican, but I remember coming home from school and seeing all that shit on the TV. It didn't feel real, it was like a scene out of a movie. I'd never seen footage of actual explosions until that point.

I remember the seething anger on both sides of the Atlantic over muzzies celebrating, though.

>>55741173
>9/11 defined a generation
Also world changing. All those care free, innocent, years growing up in the 90s were killed by that day.
>>
>>55740460
Anyone who payed even the slightest attention to current events knew; this was after the USS Cole
>>
>>55740488

This.

My grandma even called me to say WW3 is starting.
>>
>>55740154
>Can some Americans explain what it was like after 9/11 when nearly 3000 people died?
We blew up 3 countries, invaded two, armed 4 more and created an act to spy on anyone in our country try to look for more of them
>>
Remember how you could visit the cockpit on a plane pre 9/11? Shit was cash as a kid
>>
File: 1357004572677.jpg (38 KB, 600x576) Image search: [Google]
1357004572677.jpg
38 KB, 600x576
>>55740154
I was in fifth grade.... the next couple school days were the only days in my life that we watched the news in class with an old tube tv on a roller cart... I remember waking up to my mom telling me history was being made and that I needed to see it. She's a really good mom, never hid anything from me and never made me believe that shit was peachy keen. we watched the towers fall and she took me to school early and told me not to worry because we arent geographically significant and shouldn't fear an attack where I live. pretty fucking true too lol. Fucking Moscow on the Willamette. I also remember everything being kind of a bitch after that too, like traveling, freedom of speech, not knowing what the response was truly going to be, not knowing exactly who did it. just a fucking mess... my 10 year old ass wanted some blood for it too, I remember telling people we should nuke them and stuff, not really knowing the severity of nuclear weapons lol.. go figure it wasn't a bad idea....
>>
>>55741272
The average person is a fucking retard.
>>
>>55740726
/thread
This will dissipate just like the shootings in the streets of Paris last year and the kebab riots in 2012
Nobody remembers shit unless you do something about it after
>>
>>55740154
Complete shock, and anger. Kinda left an empty felling in your stomach. My was turning 19 that day.
>>
>>55740154
>What were the immediate days after 9/11 like for Americans?

@ 55 secs USA reaction went as follows..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhuqlPZMe90
>>
>>55741338
I remember the USS Cole bombing being in the news , but I literally had no idea who did it or why.
>>
>>55740154
As far as what it was like, I would sum it up with the following.

People were so shocked, sad, and angry that it took 2 or 3 years before liberals felt safe spouting thier hippy bullshit.

>an event so powerful it actually made liberals collectively shut the fuck up for several years.
>>
>>55740154
3,000 people dead, two NYC landmarks destroyed, extent of mudslime terrorism shown for virtually the first time

maybe now you yuropoors understand why we "keep whining about it"

enjoy your invasion ;^)
>>
>>55740154
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7OCgMPX2mE
>>
>>55741587
Maybe i attended a good public schools because we constantly read articles about current events
>>
>>55741258
Edgy b8, m8.
>>
America pretty much stopped. It was weird being in school (7'th grade). We weren't old enough to grasp the scope of how much was lost that day. Losing that many people, losing historical buildings, it only really hit home as I got older - and I knew why all the adults around me seemed lifeless during that time.
>>
File: edgelord.jpg (57 KB, 373x327) Image search: [Google]
edgelord.jpg
57 KB, 373x327
>>55741258
>>
>>55740154

Everyone knew someone, somewhere, was getting invaded. Like, there was no question about this.
>>
What if US gets hit again?

The streets and deserts would run red with kebab blood.
>>
>>55741587
you're telling me you don't remember the bombings of our embassy's in Kenya?

Osama and al quida were linked to these rather quickly
>>
was sitting in class watching it live on TV as the second plane hit

was really...quiet
>>
>>55741606
Now that's power you won't see anymore
If terrorist blew up half the world we would be seeing girls treating the terrorists as victims and allowing them to enter their homes and give them money while defending them as they get set on fire by them everyone's insane now
>>
>>55740154

New Yorker reporting.

I have two stories, from my point of view and my mom's, who worked in Manhattan.
>be in 5th grade
>teachers had walkie talkies
>constant communication that morning
>some teachers come in crying and shit
>lunch time
>see the assistant principal walking down the hall
>have balls to ask her what is going on
>she grabs me by the shoulders
>"planes have crashed into the twin towers"
>i imagine shit like a big black hole in the towers after fire burnt out
>go back to classroom
>teacher makes everyone with parents working in Manhattan to stay outside
>makes us write work phone numbers and stuff
>then proceeded to make some retarded art project to keep kids busy
>i remember i was starting my 3rd before any kid finished their first
>teacher calls my name
>i look up and see my mom at the door
>starts crying as we walk down the stairs
>go get dinner
>usually very lively restaurant
>that day all you could hear was forks against plates and everyone listening to radio
>mom tells us not to watch tv
>i do anyway and see coverage on every single channel

My mom worked in front on St Vincents hospital.That day she said she was working, a co worker told her what happened, and they went to see in the street. things like cars just stopped as everyone looked in awe. she saw the second plane hit. and the towers collapse. the hospital overflowed and had people bleeding on the street. she had to leave via carpool as the cops forced cars to pack to the max to evacuate via bridges.

Days after, every house flew an american flag. my mom needed a badge to enter her work area. her restaurant donated a ton of food to cops, and the hospital.

Though one of my most vivid memories is in front of the hospital, there was this chain link fence. people putting up flyers like "have you seen ___". And many years after 9/11, it still stood. That, and a literal dark cloud lingering over manhattan.
>>
>>55741903
not with Obama in office, he'd probably apologize to the Muslim "people"
>>
File: we lost.jpg (95 KB, 400x538) Image search: [Google]
we lost.jpg
95 KB, 400x538
>>55740154
>Can some Americans explain what it was like after 9/11 when nearly 3000 people died? It seems hard to contemplate the size of 9/11 when you've got people going crazy over this Paris attack. Not to mention, most people had no idea about Muslim extremists back then

In a word: Anger.

I was 14 when the twin towers fell. I mainly remember being glued to cable news and internet forums (at that time NYY baseball forums were all I was posting on).

But yes, anger... I wanted the US to bomb the fuck out of the entire middle east. I now understand that would have been a bad strategy. And even the modest response we made in Afghanistan initially was probably an overreach. A lot of anger was misdirected.

I just remember seeing those towers come down and realizing "they did it. They fucking did it. They 100% won this one." Nothing could fix it, nothing could make it feel better. They fucking flew planes into the towers and they collapsed. It was a perfect plan. Nothing went wrong for them except the United 93 Shanksville PA thing.

We LOST. We absolutely fucking lost. Still did. Nothing will ever change it. WE LOST.

Reflecting back on it now with a more mature mind I am kind of embarrassed....Myself and a lot of other people clung to government and the police state as if it were a protector and as if the military could actually solve this shit. It made me pro-torture, pro-surveillance, pro-martial law, etc. Every bad big government idea was embraced without a thought.

Overall though the feeling was anger.
>>
>>55741903
Shut the fuck up faggot. I hope the next terrorist attacks happens in Canada.
>>
>>55741759
I think it was more to do with my age than anything else.

>>55741922
Thinking about it now, I remember those reports too. Same with the Oklahoma bombings. I just never gave terrorist activity any thought until 9/11.

>>55741997
I can't imagine what things would be like if 9/11 happened now. It's been such a big influence on the modern world, everything we do and think has been shaped by it.
>>
>>55740154
i remember being a kid and trying to fucking watch cheeze tv but you faggot americans had to ruin it didnt you.
>>
>>55740154
There was no "b-but not all muslims!!!" bullshit, everyone was collectively shitting their pants, crying, and/or just in an utter state of disbelief.

9/11 destroyed any good feelings leftover from the 90's and kicked us right into beginning the 21st century, and that made us angry.

I also remember thinking Bush was really cool when he said we wouldn't let 9/11 go unpunished, but then became disappointed with him after that.

It is disgusting that so many millenials don't remember 9/11 because they were just children, or just wrote off the aftershock as "white ppl bein raycis again lol". I think you'll find that most of them are the same edgy faggots that always try to whine about Native Americans during Thanksgiving and try to call it a "racist holiday"; they're anti-patriotic, anti-nationalist traitors trying to take us all down because of their pessimism and apathetic nihilism.
>>
>>55742035
I remember waiting online for over an hour with my father so we could get a flag...

not the same one but he stills fly's one in the same spot to this day
>>
>>55740877

Holy shit. I did not know this.

This needs more attention.
>>
>>55742282
>It is disgusting that so many millenials don't remember 9/11 because they were just children
Let me clarify, I mean that many of them don't take it seriously because they were so little when it happened.
>>
>>55740154
>theres people on /b/ so young they dont remember 9/11

jesus christ
>>
>>55740154
We also didn't have social media you autistic fuck
>>
>>55742428

well fuck i was in the wrong tab
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu6gmQCljfo
>>
File: 1444795793639.jpg (352 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1444795793639.jpg
352 KB, 1920x1080
>>55740154
I was furious. Joined Muhreens right when I turned 18. Went infantry because why would I do anything else? Went to Afghanistan. Really didn't care about politics just wanted to kill mussies.

TFW we will never know whose bullets actually killed hadjis. Wed patrol, take contact from murder holes, squad would light it up, assess damage. Dead sand niggers.
>>
>>55742282
I can't help to think that we wouldn't have this wave of PC shit if 9/11 hadn't have happened. Yo wouldn't have so much focus on people in the middle east and there wouldn't be as many bleeding hearts about their plight.

People would not try to guilt trip others due to the damage the USA, UK, etc. have done to the middle east during combat over the last 15 years to try and justify terrorism and to draw a sympathetic view of migrants. Fuck, they'd probably still all be in their countries.
>>
Way to go Ameribros we've turned a French tragedy into something completely about us
>>
I was in NYC. I watched the towers fall from my fire-escape across the river. I went into the city walking across a bridge. I drank in a bar in the village - smoke was still in the streets and the hits on loop. I went to a gathering in Union Sq. park - there were New Yorkers of different colors, including Arabs. There was a frank conversation in circles about why this happened. There was an honest discussion of Israel and our support for them and how this was caused by this. Some Jewish guy kept freaking out about losing the bridges and tunnels because property value would drop. In the days after the attack, the movie theaters played free movies. I saw Apocalypse Now Redux in Union Square (14th St.) the day after 9/11 - was totally fucked up. New Yorkers were acting like humans again for a few days. Then Bush stole the narrative and sold it to rural America. All that surplus goodwill from the world was lost and war it was.
>>
>>55740154
But Bush did that.
>>
>>55742538
Retarded American Burger detected
>>
>>55742538
ok there kid, shouldn't you be doing your homework or chores?
>>
>>55742282
>There was no "b-but not all muslims!!!" bullshit,
But there was. Even if it was just the government meekly telling people to please refrain from linching people in the streets.

Here is something for you. For the week after All Crime dropped to nearly nothing.

9/11 was so powerful that even the Nigs mostly stopped nigging.
>>
I was just a kid but I got home just in time to see the second tower fall

My father is a US citizen, he's a pole but he has a passport.He was just muttering "Those motherfuckers" all the time.

Those towers every 90's kid grew up with, you saw them in every other cheap ass action flick we used to watch as kids on VHS, it was a symbol

Along with those towers, the 20th century ended and american cultural hegemony ended. Nobody really thought about the US as the world's best country after the year 2001 where it was a common belief in the 80's and 90's. At least here in east europe.

But it was a BIG event, fucking massive, you literally felt a part of history. Paris is not quite in that league.
>>
>>55742542
PC has been in the works for decades.
>>
>>55740154
I don't remember it very well, i was very young at the time ~7 or so
I do however remember the firemen being killed and making a drawing about them rescuing people from the towers as it collapsed
well about as well as a 7 year old could, it was a pretty bad, but i gave it to my grandmother because of how devastated she was, I think it helped her.

If you fags want to see a shitty drawing by a 7 year old, that tried to make it look better than it was I can take a photo
>>
>>55742706
Hard to nig with 6 cops and the national guard on every street corner in every major American city
>>
>>55741890
That's what happens when you're as lucky as Lucky Larry Silverstein.
>>
>>55742472
No but I still remember that stupid email everyone got and lost their spaghetti over it was like thee worlds first biggest troll was that Nostradamus 2 steel birds will hit 2 mountains
Everyone in school and on aol chat rooms losing their shit over this it was so hilarious during the time it was the first trending online thing
It was the first normie meme
>>
>>55742145
we had some crazy dude shoot up ottawa, killed a police officer. there isnt really anything important in canada to attack.
>>
File: daily-news-9-11.gif (320 KB, 600x836) Image search: [Google]
daily-news-9-11.gif
320 KB, 600x836
>>55740154
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXcmc2AZ6ZE
Bush, a president who won the most controversial election in modern history without a majority of the popular vote, had a 90% approval rating for like a fucking year after 9/11.
There was 24/7 media coverage on almost every channel for days to get the slightest update out as soon as possible.
Nobody knew what the fuck was happening, everyone was afraid, but more than anything people were angry.
The most diehard liberals demanded answers and the blood of whoever was responsible.

This massacre in Paris was bad, and the rhetoric coming from Hollande sounds like they might actually go to war over it, but anyone who actually thinks this is comparable to 9/11 and its fallout was clearly born after 1990 and has no idea what the fuck they're talking about.
>>
File: 353.jpg (3 MB, 4608x3456) Image search: [Google]
353.jpg
3 MB, 4608x3456
>>55742631
>>55742702
good times
>>
>>55740154
Lived in New York State not NYC. I'll never know what it was like at the time in the city but I remember being in absolute wtf mode. When I was arriving at school 5th grade the radio was reporting that at least a small plane had just hit. They eventually brough is the oldest students into a room to watch together.

Now I live in NYC and can see the Freedom Tower from my house. I always imagine what it would have been like to look out the window and realize you were under attack.
>>
>>55742885
This of course was all exasperated by the anthrax letters found shortly after

also if memory serves another plane crashed into a long island suburb pretty soon after
>>
>>55742793

I was in the USA on 9/11 and I remember people stealing US flags 3 days after the attacks.
>>
>>55742960
Thanks for your service
>>
My aunt was living at NYC at the time. My mom pulled me and my brother and sister out of school and tried calling her all day while we were watching the news coverage. She finally picked up the phone at 4. I remember hearing my mom crying in her room all day.
>>
>>55742960
Thanks for your service hero
>>
>>55742885
>This massacre in Paris was bad, and the rhetoric coming from Hollande sounds like they might actually go to war over it, but anyone who actually thinks this is comparable to 9/11 and its fallout was clearly born after 1990 and has no idea what the fuck they're talking about.

This. There was a comment I read before.

This was France's Boston Bombings.
Pray they never have a 9/11.
>>
>>55740303
This
>>
did 9/11 make americans feel not as untouchable?

i mean prior to 9/11, did americans feel like no other country could ever affect them in such a way that 9/11 did?
>>
this is a good question
>>
>>55741052
Examples? I'm 22 in California and I always here pre-9/11 America was fucking awesome.
>>
When the fucking food network ad programming cease and other major TV broadcasting had be either switched to a news feed or was giving a memoriam signal there isnt too much eerier for an kid in 8th grade. I thought I was gonna die that day, i was in NJ
>>
>>55743202
prior to 9/11 a question like that wouldn't even get asked

we are talking literal paradigm shift in course of a few hours
>>
>>55742960
thanks for the service and on the go teeth brushing capability
>>
Die hard liberals, peace knits and the yet unknown progressive people I know were calling for revenge and blood.

Let that sink in for a moment. Imagine a scenario in your country where your biggest hippies become war mongers.
>>
>>55743202
Before it was widely held that no one would dare too. We had just stared down the other super power for 50 years and won.
>>
>>55742544
you don't think this is just a reflection of those emotions we felt and a response to OP that might deliver some insight as to how patriotic Frenchmen may feel?
>>
>>55741903
But we have been hit again, just not at that scale. The media downplays it to bow to emperor oboooga and keep their broadcast license.
>>
>>55740154
Not American, but my dad was in the States on a 10-day business trip and got stuck there when they grounded all flights.

I remember being scared as fuck, it felt as if WWIII had just begun. I kept wondering if he was going to be stuck there for months or even years, luckily it was just a couple of days.

The whole Western world was shocked and full of paranoia. The media here claimed the terrorists could poison our water supply, among the most hysterical claims. That and the anthrax letter false alarms which seemed to be everywhere.
>>
>>55740154
We invaded a country
>>
>>55743383
Gotta clean your gat somehow :^)
>>
>>55740154
I cared as much then as I do now.

NYC is a world away from here. It would be like someone in Greenland crying and weeping that 'they' were attacked yesterday,
>>
>>55742706
>But there was. Even if it was just the government meekly telling people to please refrain from linching people in the streets.
Except the mob mentality was anti-islam and anti-terrorism. Paris' mob mentality is giving off mixed signals.
>>
>>55740154
I remember not hearing laughter for the first week after that. It was like we all lost a mother to a killer or sibling to suicide. People just couldn't comprehend that level of human suffering.

The world, for us, stopped for the first week

being a journalist it really killed a lot of the fun in it, can't really share the biggest story you covered when everyone shared 9/11
>>
Country ground to a halt for a few days. Most TV channels actually only showed their parent company's 24h news network for 3-4 days straight. People were scared shitless. It kind of sucked, even for me when I was on west coast. Just felt like a general state of fear.

Then we invaded afghanistan like within a month and life kind of went on
>>
i was mad that they cancelled Dragon Ball Z that evening
fucking mudslimes
>>
>>55743463
Is that what is was used for? Shit, I didn't even think of that.
>>
Also the week after 9/11 Manhattan was fucking empty ....absolutely terrifying , full on fear.
>>
>>55741903
we did get hit
we got lucky that only 3 people died, but there was a shitton of anti muslim sentiment in Boston in the aftermath and i was getting messages from friends asking if i was ok
>>
>>55742834
They didn't even bother to hide how lucky he was.
>>
Not American, but I remember it.
I didn't understand at the time how big a deal this was... I was just 11 years old, turning 12 that year. But I do remember that afterward, there was the whole "WE'RE WITH YOU" thing we did. Tons of support for America after that... I mean it was always there, but afterward (and still today) particularly.
>>
basically you are right. nobody knew hardly anything about the middle east or cared. suddenly everyday we watched videos on the news of arab shit of a weird culture we did not understand. videos of people in jeeps yelling, stuff like that. this happened for years. footage of war, night vision bomb attacks. just this underlying anger and incredulity of these foreign people who are so upset at us and we don't get why.
>>
>>55743202
>did 9/11 make americans feel not as untouchable?

I guess it was just un phatomable what happened. Like there was that WTC van bombing in like 1991 or something. And I guess if you look it up, there were a bunch of minor bombings and stuff. But the words terrorism, al quaeda, hijacking and bin laden became a household name in 2001. It changed security and stuff in airports, ball games, etc. I wouldn't say scared, but more angry and want to bomb every single crown country. I think the first sports game in NYC since the attacks (Braves @ Mets) sold out actually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A3hmASpDqg
>>
>>55740154
I was in my freshman year of high school. I didn't give a shit since I lived in Indiana. Most other people just superficially cared; they did things such as wave the American flag by putting one on their truck and wearing "I heart NYC" t-shirts.

Also, we were all ready for war.
>>
>>55741437
Certainly not disputing that.

I had been reading about bin Laden since the embassy bombings in Kenya and Tanzania. I was only 13, but to this day I remember the moment when it came on breaking news. I was kind of a nerd so I paid attention to this shit. Even as a middle school kid I felt like the fact the the explosions were synchronized across differnt countries meant someone was really trying to send a message. I followed Al Queda ever since. In 8th grade my history teacher liked to encourage my autism so he would assign me current event reports, and I remember one about Taliban destruction of antiquities. This would have been late 90s. Then their was the Cole. So by the time 9/11 hit it felt like a big cosmic fuck you. I had been following, and preaching to my teachers and classmates( yes I was that kind of faggot) about radical Islam for years and then their it was.

It did seriously make some of my teachers who had been listening to my bullshit for 4 years ( small school ) conclude that I was some kind of child genuis. Which did nothing good for my adolescent ego.
>>
I remember Fox News showing this "MIDDLE EAST REACTS" video with group of them, including this old woman that sticks in my head, cheering and jumping and shit.

It was later debunked and the video was from like the 90s or something
>>
>>55740726

Yeah, we helped out our jew buddies and went after the wrong people
>>
>>55740154
Paris got a seemingly bigger reaction than 9/11 because social media wasn't a thing in 2001.
>>
File: bismuth.jpg (229 KB, 917x720) Image search: [Google]
bismuth.jpg
229 KB, 917x720
>>55741258
>>
>>55740154
https://youtu.be/Srv_V3-oqsc
>>
File: Boston SWAT.jpg (112 KB, 690x388) Image search: [Google]
Boston SWAT.jpg
112 KB, 690x388
>>55743690
Where are the police in Paris?
>>
File: 1447475786152.gif (145 KB, 452x750) Image search: [Google]
1447475786152.gif
145 KB, 452x750
>>55741258
>>
>>55740154
Everybody hated Muslims, even ghetto niggers would attack goat fuckers on sight.
>>
File: baldeagle.jpg (34 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
baldeagle.jpg
34 KB, 640x360
>>55740154
Honestly?

Words don't do it justice - you kinda had to be there the day it happened.

Most of the Americans on this site would have been in high school or junior high at the time, so all we really heard that morning was rumors - you'd have students picking up on gossip from family or radio or eavesdropping on teachers - most of us didn't have a real clear idea of what was going on until we got home and flipped on the news.

... and for most of us the first image we saw was the towers... the impact... the collapse... there was something so surreal about it all.

And the days after... people really didn't know what to think, what would happen next. Would there be more attacks? Were we going to war? It was a very scary and uncertain time, especially for those of us who grew up before it.

I know the whole idea of "9/11 changed everything" is super cliche, but it really did.

For all the shit Bush got over his eight years, I've got to give credit to the man - I don't think someone like Gore could have gotten us through it as well as W.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7OCgMPX2mE

I don't know what the future holds for France. I can only empathize and wish them well.
>>
>>55743650
Our issued cleaning kits usually didn't come with all their shit because previous guys using them. Was pretty typical to just have a toothbrush and some sort of lubricant like clp.
>>
I was only 8 or 9, but I can't ever remember hearing God Bless the USA on the radio as much as I did in the weeks following 9/11.
>>
>>55743895

This.
>>
>>55740154
>American flags and yellow ribbons on every car
>country songs about freedom isn't free
>random USA USA chants at school and baseball/football games
>people in the military were treated like royalty
I guess that was more like the weeks to first two years after.
>>
>>55743887

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMOZvbYJMvU
>>
No we felt more like it was never a problem being touched and it was like someone stole a slice of pizza while we turned away there was no feeling weak just feeling we were robbed it was more shock and anger than weak and fear
>>
>>55744064
They still do for the most part. Blacks hate Arabs more than any other people here (probably because they live next to them in some cases).
>>
I was young , I don't remeber shit
> one morning watching spongbob
> the channel gets overriden by the news, says some buildings got knocked down
> wtf?
> I change it back to spongbob
> mom wakes up, I tell her for some weird reason the channel changed itself to the news , some buildings got knocked down or something
> mom changes the channel back to the news
I can't remeber her reaction, lucky I remeber this, I lost half my childhood to a head injury,
I was our of school for some reason and couldn't watch spongbob
>>
>>55743887
>Fox News fabricating a story
No. Never.

>>55743838
Same here. People pretended to care only to look good on the outside. On the inside, everyone said the same thing
>well, at least it wasn't here
>>
>>55742885
this video chokes me up dude.
>>
>>55741258
Gotta watch those edges senpai, someone might cut themselves
>>
>>55740154
Fucking rage and a thirst for vengeance. Seriously.
>>
>>55743895
This, twatter and jewbook didn't exist then, and alot of us were also probably younger than 10 (i'm 21 now) so many of us don't remember it too well
>>55743937
well France killed their attackers in the same night, the cocksuckers who bombed Boston forced a manhunt for, 2 days was it? people were goddamn terrified that they would attack more people after they killed that cop.
I just don't know man, i'm not really affected by it but some people were absolutely terrified
>>
Why doesn't france literally nuke Raqqa? Chirac already said France would use nukes in response to terrorist attacks. This is a clear case of aggression by a supposed state (ISIS), so what the hell are they waiting for?

We nuked Japan twice to end the war. Why can't we nuke the muslims a few times?
>>
>>55740154

how young are you faggot?
>>
>>55740941
The patriot act was just a repackaging of laws already on the books and set to sunset. Mostly they were up for re approval already. They just got bundled into one act and passed on a fast track.
>>
>>55744345
The oil would explode or something.
>>
I remember 9/11

I was in primary 5 at the time, and we had to write a small essay on a topical news event and present it to the class.

I remember turning on the news and frantically taking notes, then the second plane hit live on air. didn't know what the hell to say.

I ran and told my Mum what was happening and she initially dismissed it as the attack in the car park which happened not long before. When she saw the TV the colour drained from her face.

We sat and watched the news for hours, living in the Highlands we knew an attack was highly unlikely where we were but we didn't leave the house unless we absolutely had to. Really scary shit.

Can't even imagine what it would have been like to have been in the same country.
>>
>>55744193
JET FUEL
E
T

F
U
E
L
>>
>It seems hard to contemplate the size of 9/11 when you've got people going crazy over this Paris attack.

The Paris terror attack is much more hardly felt, because it happens within the context of the current refugee wave.

Europe is changing.
>>
>>55744262

Same. And look where that got us.
>>
Nobody had sympathy for Muslims and people didn't make excuses for the sand niggers

Very different from how yurofags react to the religion of peace
>>
also, i actually dont remember the first few days what they were like. i just remember they put on the TVs for 10 minutes in middle school after the first hit and then didnt say anything about it the rest of the day. we learned when we got home. but the days afterward i dont remember how it was different. i think i had weird visions of being attacked for awhile. every plane i saw i'd think it was going to hit something. i imagined tanks on the streets and stuff. it didn't seem traumatizing or anything i didn't really care all that much. after a year or two i was already into conspiracy 911 stuff.
>>
File: 1304678047547.jpg (18 KB, 308x352) Image search: [Google]
1304678047547.jpg
18 KB, 308x352
Can you imagine how insufferable the internet would be if something like 9/11 happened with today's social media horseshit?
>>
>>55740941
>They massively overshadowed the anthrax attacks
I forgot this was even a thing until you brought it up.

Did anything ever come from that? Any arrests?
>>
>>55744498

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke0S77m32N4
>>
>>55744579
#I'll fly with you
>>
>>55742373
>1979 Iran Hostage Crisis: seizure of US Tehran Embassy, Iran(Nov 4, 1979 for 444 days)

Please note that the west overthrew the democratically elected regime in Iran far before this happened. History didn't start in 1979.
>>
>>55744579
http://fanart.lionking.org/Special/?1
>>
>>55744579
#NotAllMuslimsArePilots
>>
>>55740154
You had 300 million people calling for the extermination of all muslims
>>
All the wiccans at school were silent. They knew something about it being dark magick or something.
>>
>>55742035
>Though one of my most vivid memories is in front of the hospital, there was this chain link fence. people putting up flyers like "have you seen ___". And many years after 9/11, it still stood. That, and a literal dark cloud lingering over manhattan.
Fuck..
>>
>>55744659
>>55744774
the worst part is that these would probably exist
>>
File: 1440306142134.jpg (349 KB, 700x1161) Image search: [Google]
1440306142134.jpg
349 KB, 700x1161
Know the real enemy
>>
>>55740154
Literally news shows did not talk about anything else until February of 2002
>>
I was a senior in high school about 30 minutes away from Manhattan. We heard the news of the first plane and we sorta laughed because we thought someone flew one of those tiny two seater planes into it because they were a bad pilot. Then we realized it was massive and everyone was glued to the situation.

The next couple days were crazy and unsure of course. Noone wanted to go into NYC or big areas. People were pissed and wanted justice. Everyone rallied and wanted to bomb the fuck out of whoever did it
>>
File: ada.jpg (16 KB, 579x329) Image search: [Google]
ada.jpg
16 KB, 579x329
>>55744579
>"we deserve it because it was probably white people's faults anyways"
>#ReligionOfPeace
>"Terrorism has no religion"

oh wait...
>>
>>55740154

Horror immediately followed by whipping ourselves into a nationalistic fervor. Nobody blinked twice when we invaded Afghanistan. This lasted so long the US Government managed to use its residual effect to justify invading Iraq years later based on rumors and hearsay.
>>
File: 1439086795004.jpg (37 KB, 382x597) Image search: [Google]
1439086795004.jpg
37 KB, 382x597
>>55740154
lol I'm not gonna be fooled by Mossad false flag "terror" events after 9/11. A decade ago everyone was up in arms just like they are now and made fucking dumb decisions that gave leftists more ammunition. Government conspiracy is killing the west.

Geraldo Rivera's daughter was at on of the terror sites and called her dad on live TV. This shit is FUCKING FAKE. Nuke the Jews, enforce the FUCK outta EU borders, but don't waste resources on an invasion..
>>
Holy buttfuck you guys are making me feel old.

Anyway, here is what is up. Everyone flipped the fuck out.

The story that went around first was that "explosions in NY" which we immediately thought were bombs/missiles. Obviously the fuckwads from the middle east weren't bombing us, so most of us thought Cuba, or North Korea. We had NO fucking idea what was going on.

The following days, everyone was pretty shaken up. We weren't sure if it was the first of a larger attack (we were very afraid of nukes) or what was going on. Once we found out it was muslims, most of us determined that they couldn't have done this alone.

I was graduating when it happened. I lost 2/3rds of my friends who decided to go to war. Two of them didn't come back, two went to the navy and got out fine, another came back completely shell shocked (He is a heroin addict who lives with his parents. He claims he has been abducted by aliens and other weird shit)

Anyway, history lesson of my own personal life out of the way, people of age immediately jumped on the war machine. People of the older generations speculated on the end of times. Christians preached about the ends of times, and said that Jesus would be here within a few months.

The mass paranoia lasted for a few months. The distrust and hatred for Muslims grew pretty strong. A church near me burned a quaran on national television.

Overall? Purefucking insanity.
>>
>>55742282
>There was no "b-but not all muslims!!!" bullshit

Well, use of internet was not as widspread and there were no SJWs
It would be different if it happened now
>>
>>55743202
to me it was more about what they did being the least possible, most unfathomable and unreasonable reason to hijack a plane. None of the passengers revolted because they didn't assume they'd kill themselves. It only happened on the 4th plane because of a phone call.

If I were on a plane taken hostage, I would have just assumed they'd rob everyone, or point their guns at you until some random political prisoners get released, maybe end up shooting a couple of you, and landing the plane in some "no extradition" country.
>>
>>55743578

Most vivid memory was that morning in school

>had a super grungy friend that was all about the military
>kind of kid that wore fatigues to school
>just remember showing up right around when the towers fell (west coast)
>he had this giant shit eating grin on his face
>kept repeating WERE GOING TO WAR WERE GOING TO WAR

guess he was right
>>
>>55744579
SJWs immediately remind us not all Muslims are terrorists. Salon demands we pull out of the region and officially recognize the Islamic State as a soveigrn nation. Twitter hires an entire department dedicated to banning ISIS twitter accounts. A sect of the most delusional SJWs takes up the cause of defending the free speech rights of online IS supporters.
>>
>>55740154
For me, it went something like this:
>On the school bus
>Hear people saying something about an attack, "Nah, no way just people talking bullshit."
>Get to school, it was German class
>Yes, the world trade center and pentagon have been attacked
>Me: "German teacher you need to turn on the TV."
>Him: "We need to learn..."
>Me & Class: "TURN ON THE TV."
>On goes the TV and we watch in anger/horror
My dad was in the Pentagon. I left the class and called my mom. He was fine, she had heard from him.

After that, there was only one thought in my head, "We are going to fucking kill whoever did this and I am going to help do it" (when I was old enough). Dad had served in the first Gulf War. We all thought we were going to turn Afghanistan into a glass parking lot.

And then the United States went weird on us. Georgey Bush showed the world how fucking stupid he truly was. We played softball with Afghanistan, reliving another Vietnam trying to "protect" civilians on one hand until oh whoops we're raping villagers and murdering them on the other hand. Osama slips through our grasp. We invade a totally unrelated fucking country. United States citizens waved flags and shouted slogans...and then went back to their daily lives as if it was someone else's problem. We went from budget surplus to budget deficit, completely wasting our savings on what? Blowing shit up ("carefully"... lol gotta look out for "civilians"!) and then rebuilding it? Trying to transform a country that hates us? Oh no, mama raghead lives next to a terrorist and then cries that missiles aren't accurate enough.

By the time I could go to war I knew it was a complete and total fuck up that wasn't going to get any better. I stayed home. Wouldn't want to be in a situation where we're stupidly trying to preserve mud huts while getting blown up by IEDs or shot at like fish in a barrel to "win the hearts and minds of the people."

What the fuck United States. What the flying fuck.
>>
>>55745186
The Muslims that sell kebabs on the streets in NYC actually took a few weeks off out of fear
>>
I had just turned 18 when 9/11 happened. Nobody I knew in Virginia was all that upset when it happened, and everyone pretty much got over it sometime the day after. I remember having a crab dinner at a friend's house a few days after and everyone was recalling how they felt on 9/11, but that's pretty much the extent of the conversation I had with people about it. It was pretty much guaranteed that we'd be killing sandniggers in short order, so there was a lot of talk about the draft getting reinstated, which worried my family because I was prime military age. I think that we started bombing the fuck out of Afghanistan pretty much the next day, and there ended up being no shortage of stupid fuckups who either volunteered out of retardation or lack of other prospects, so I just watched the war on TV and started applying to colleges in the days after 9/11.
>>
>>55744624
They never caught the guy. The Jews tried to frame Steven Jay Hatfill for it, but that investigation was a dead end.
>>
>>55745396

I lived in California when 9/11 happened. I remember a few hate crimes and mosque vandalizings taking place in my area.
>>
Complete mindfuck when we realized who did it. After the fall of the Soviet Union our intelligence agencies were looking out for rogue nukes or former Stasi/Spetznaz turned guns for hire. To find out it was the goddamn Arabs, which thus far managed to commander a fishing boat and blow it up near a ship not even crippling it as their greatest accomplishment, sent us in a head spin.
>>
>>55745353
>Georgey Bush showed the world how fucking stupid he truly was

You mean how he falsified reports of WMDs and Al Qaeda activities in a relatively innocent region so he could topple the puppet dictator America helped instate and gain a military foothold in the middle east, while being able to play it off as being anti terrorist and anti fascist?

You're a moron. Bush was a genius, but I guess most retards can't appreciate that his public and private persona are completely different.
>>
>>55740154
Initially it was shock. No one could believe what was happening. It felt real, ethereal, and imaginary all at the same time. Especially because it was such a high time. Sure the stock market wasn't doing great but main street was just fine. They were good times. Then suddenly you see this iconic set of buildings being destroyed right before your eyes with what seemed like such ease because of how fast it happened. Once the shock was over later that day, panic set in. People stayed indoors and quickly grief took over. People on the phone trying to reach loved ones all day. The grief was palpable amd lasted days. Still people couldn't believe their own eyes. Then the anger started towards a common enemy. I hadn't seen the US united so strongly before. I imagine for the older generation it felt like the same unity as during the cold war. Everyone was everyone else's neighbor and every neighbor was good. Lines of American flags on every block could be seen hanging. It was terrifying, deeply saddening, and uniting all at once. There's no way for me to describe it aptly enough.
>>
>>55744624
Didn't it end up being some weird guy who worked for the U.S. government at some facility where they stored diseases? He died shortly after it all happened, and it came to light that he'd been arrested for stalking sorority girls at Georgetown or UVA or something.
>>
File: Backtopol.png (317 KB, 546x697) Image search: [Google]
Backtopol.png
317 KB, 546x697
I was in high school at the time, basically it went like this.

Every channel was coverage, even like non-news channels had switched to affiliate news coverage. Immediately after no one wanted to fly anywhere. Most people were really sad and everyone went full patriot mode for a looong while (like seriously I remember two years later I wasn't pro-Iraq war and people straight up called me a terrorist).

Basically the "silent majority" takes over and becomes a loud majority. Everyone feels real good about their country and anyone who doesn't gets BTFO.
>>
People expected the US would wreck the entire middle east, but they also thought more attacks were inevitable, there was a big fear someone would use a bioweapon that'd fuck shit up even here.
>>
>>55746233
well we did wreck it, but we never should have tried our "win their hearts and minds" bullshit, nor should we have attacked Iraq
>>
>>55744644
Jesus its real
>>
>>55741004
My parents put the wool over my eyes. I was six and I don't remember a thing from that day. I don't remember how I ever found out about it.
>>
>>55745934
>mires the united states in debt
>destroys a budget surplus
>to invade a country with no gain to ourselves
>wastes the lives of our soldiers
>to gain a "foothold" (LOL)
>a foothold that has cost us trillions
>Bush was a genius.
We're going to have to disagree on this one.
>>
>>55745934
>private persona
LOL because you know him personally right?
>>
>>55746578
you know they actually did find chemical weapons in Iraq right?

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/10/14/world/middleeast/us-casualties-of-iraq-chemical-weapons.html?_r=0
>>
>>55740941
What the fuck are even talking about? They didn't shut up about Anthrax for weeks.
>>
>>55746428
I think the failure stems precisely from the fact you didn't try to win their hearts and minds. Can't say I really blame you, though, everyone must have been mad as fuck at any and all sand people and even if we don't realize it at first, military technology has changed a lot in 15 years.
>>
>>55742960

>Toothbrush through MOLLE loops

I miss the military
>>
>>55740460

Most people forget about the attack on the twin towers in the 90's. People really started paying attention to muslims after 2001 though.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Able_Danger
>>
>>55740154
Basically everyone was so shocked they allowed the government to take away any shot at freedom we had left.
>>
>>55745997
>tfw we will never feel like neighbors again because until terrorists have raped and murdered all the muslim/nigger/beaner apologists into redpill thinking there will be no agreement and by then it'll be too late
>>
>>55746707
Yes, actually, I did know that. You read the article right?
> Instead, American troops gradually found and ultimately suffered from the remnants of long-abandoned programs, built in close collaboration with the West.
So what are you getting at exactly?
>>
>>55742542

It was the bullshit war in iraq that got the PC wave going. we would have been happy going to war if it was to those that attacked us .

not wasted on some people who had nothing to do with it . really zapped all our will. to the point that we still wont do anything for real even when forced with something like ISIS.
>>
>>55740154
Anon please. 9/11 was a domestic false flag op. 14/11 was not. If anything, Americans take the credit for both the ops, at the very least. They carried out or allowed the first one to happen - they sponsored and trained the people for the op, and possibly allowed the second one to happen.
Interesting how all the blanket surveillance they've got going does little for public safety, on the whole.

Think about it, they got their asses kicked in Syria, in Ukraine. Soon their little goon squad shall get a booting out of the region - and they need a boogeyman to prop up, against themselves. Something to make them appear the lesser of the evils.
Without ISIS or something of the order, the entire world would inevitably turn onto America.
The sandman cometh.
>>
>>55746017
There's no real proof that Bruce Ivins was the guy. He got the Richard Jewell/Steve Hatfill treatment, though, which drove him to depression and "suicide." Then the case was "closed."
>>
I suggest listening to radio broadcasts from 9/11 they're really interesting. Howard Stern and O&A both perfectly capture the public reaction.

Most Americans were just saying "we want to fucking destroy some people". The government did exactly what it was supposed to do and listened to the people. We started bombing the shit out of them and everyone was euphoric. Nobody disagreed but liberal faggots, who were embarrassed out of existence by being completely wrong. Everything was great until the 2004 election, when democrats had to make the U.S. response a campaign issue. Ever since, it's been seen as a bad thing, despite the fact that we all asked for it.
>>
It's not about the raw numbers, it's the shock of being attacked in a major "safe" city. A major attack too that took actual planning.
>>
>>55740154

As a Brit i felt a little like '' well shoes on the other foot''. Reason being is Im from Manchester and we had to deal with the IRA bombings for years. New York was a major fund raising place for the IRA, they would have parades and shit and send all the money to the IRA. Shit some Boston bars had cocktails called 'kill a brit'.
>>
>>55740154
After 9/11 people started physically attacking me, spitting at me and throwing racial slurs at me. Now that I'm an adult people do the same thing just behind my back.

This all because people keep confusing me for being Muslim, even though I'm a South American Catholic and all my ancestors have been Catholics for centuries. I wouldn't be surprised in the next Crusade I'd die due to 'friendly fire'.
>>
>>55742035
Fuck I forgot about those pictures man. All those faces... Never to be seen again. Fuck tearing up thinking about it...
>>
For one, we planned how we were going to fuck the Muslims up instead of apologizing and begging our people not to blame Muslims.
>>
>>55747292
The Iraq war started failing in June 2003, when the bombings/insurgency took off. By 2004, it was all over; it had been so mismanaged that the country was hopelessly fractured.
>>
File: 1444385613574.jpg (299 KB, 1200x1000) Image search: [Google]
1444385613574.jpg
299 KB, 1200x1000
>>55741942
>my face when the second plane hit

I was at home playing Fallout 2.
How appropriate.
>>
File: arabs-hide.png (245 KB, 1010x989) Image search: [Google]
arabs-hide.png
245 KB, 1010x989
A few times a year I still go on deep 9/11 youtube dives. I was 16 when 9/11 happened. I ate breakfast at the restaraunt on the top floor of the WTC when I was like 12 or so and was amazed by how big the buildings were.

In short, it made me hate sand niggers for life. No one I knew was ever sad, just angry. My history teacher told us he saw palestinians celebrating in the streets like it was new years eve and that he wished he could mow them down with an ak47. This is in the suburbs of philly, not hickville usa or texas.
>>
>>55747347
It was more personal too, the way they mowed them down.
In WTC it was just a plane and an explosion then a collapse.
>>
>>55742132

So when push came to shove, you were a nanny state liberal. Pathetic.
>>
File: MEME2015-11-14-05-59-45.jpg (893 KB, 810x1440) Image search: [Google]
MEME2015-11-14-05-59-45.jpg
893 KB, 810x1440
>>55740154
>>
>>55740154
I remember walking through the grocery store and just the look on everyone's faces was blank and empty. It actually felt unreal.
>>
>>55746036

It was just noise and flag waving. Everyone stuck a flag on their SUV, but life went on as usual.
>>
File: 1445471250659.jpg (165 KB, 439x550) Image search: [Google]
1445471250659.jpg
165 KB, 439x550
>>55745004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iouhwXTQJIU&index=4&list=LLJgwX_sHl-yxleP0LS4Lx6A

do you remember when Christopher Hitchens figuratively gutted a muslim-lover-white-guilter on live on stage for saying alqida was just mad and oppressed by the usa.

I wish he wasn't dead :(
>>
Amerishit deserved it doe.
>>
>>55742702
>>55742631
>mfw both of you are too young to remember this was a common feeling amongst teenaged American boys at the time and enrolled skyrocketed after the attacks.
>>
>>55748282
Shut it, Texas.
>>
>>55742960
I know who you are Jake, you fucker.
>>
>>55740154
I was GLUED to the news. It's the only time I watched news for an entire weekend and was enthralled by it.
>>
>>55742132
Al-Qaeda got the exact response they were looking for. They won twice.
>>
>>55740154
if you can imagine, it was cool to be racist for like a week after 9/11 against muslims and sand niggers
>>
>>55743380
This
>>
>>55744624
The cops got close to some old white guy who decided to kill himself
>>
man bombs are fucking gay
at least if they have a gun you can hope to disarm or out-gun them somehow
even if you take the bomber out that fucker is still going off
>>
>>55748646
This was great, but I felt really bad for the Indians. You couldn't convince people that Indians weren't terrorists.
>>
>>55743859
Cool blog dude
>>
File: 000013_24.jpg (12 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
000013_24.jpg
12 KB, 320x240
>>55740154
I was working in Denver when it happened. Watering flowers at the time to be specific. My friend came up to me and told me someone had crashed a plane into the World Trade Center. I pictured in my mind, like a small 4 person plane or something. Then later he came by and said it happened again. So I went to find a TV.

It was shocking. Thinking about it now I still get upset. It was a hard blow to take, and I really didn't think the towers would fall, but then they did. And it was worse. There was all those live shots of people falling, or jumping. It was hard to take.

Then I felt pretty angry. I solid hatred for Kabob. When Bush invaded Iraq I was happy. I wished death upon all the kabob. I still remember the first footage of American vehicles rolling through the sand. Felt good. I felt pretty patriotic. I was ready to enlist if I had to.

Oddest part was how no planes aside from military jets flew overhead for like a week. Strange seeing no planes in the sky.
>>
File: 1446692296312-jpg--cuckman-png.jpg (26 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1446692296312-jpg--cuckman-png.jpg
26 KB, 300x400
>>55740903
Nig, we retaliated against the people who caused 9/11 AND brought woopass upon Sadam. Osama is dead, my friend.

Plus you should like the Saudis. Canada is very similar. You are also a welfare queen oil state that depends on American importing buying their shit
>>
>>55740550
Why weren't you in school?
>>
>>55740303
Is this a meme?
>>
>>55748972
This.

That's exactly what happened to me because I'm a Native American I'm considered the enemy to this very day. How do I convince people to start barking up the right tree?
>>
>>55748846
I always wonder why MORE attacks don't happen actually. Or why all of the attackers in paris weren't rigged with explosives. Don't they want to cause as much damage as possible? Why even have the option of being taken?
>>
>>55740154

I was in the 4th grade and I remember it vividly. I went to school about an hour and a half's drive north of NYC in Dutchess County. Wealthy, rural area. Most kids parents commuted into "the City" via Metro North trains including my Dad.

I remember it well. Certain kids were being called out of class quietly. We would later learn that these were kids whose parents were employees at the different business in the WTC. Then the school in general was dismissed. Nobody except the teachers knew what was happening until we got home.

When I got home I found my mother watching the TV and trying to get in touch with my dad. There was no social media. This was also before the rise of text messaging. He was a director for Sirius Satellite Radio with an office at the McGraw-Hill Building in Rockefeller Center. We didn't hear from him until he got home on the last train out of NYC before they closed the rails. He said it was a normal day at work until he heard and felt a crash and someone yell "OH MY GOD, A PLANE'S CRASHED INTO THE WTC" from the halls.

The days following 9/11 were strange. It was somber, especially in our neighborhoods. I was friends with kids whose parents were confirmed dead or buried alive in rubble. We couldn't have had a better leader than Dubya. His finest moment as President was when he took a megaphone from atop the rubble. American patriotism began to skyrocket. This was a terrible day, but firefighters from several states away came. People used their personal yachts to evacuate Manhattan by sea in the largest marine evacuation in recorded history. Food vendors fed the firefighters and NYPD/Port Authority for free. Passengers retook Flight 93 before it reached Washington DC, kicked off by a passenger saying "Let's roll".

Then there was blood in the water. An American flag hung from every doorstep in the Hudson Valley. We were united as brothers and sisters. Not one pair of lips spoke without a profound desire for justice. We went to war.
>>
>>55746865
>>55741272

>newfags

Muslim terrorism has been a widely known thing since the late 70's when the Ayatollah took power in Iran, and the Embassy was captured and hostages were taken.
>>
>>55749440
Can you imagine: if it took place now there would be enough HD phone recordings to create a perfect digital recreation of the event, probably street by street for blocks around the towers. Literally missed that shit by 15 years.
>>
>>55749792
probably no joke to say about 100,000s of people would have been filming rather than a few dozen, all with good cameras. And possibly even high frame rates of impact 2
>>
>>55744188
Definitely, but after 9/11 even our ghetto trash were actively seeking out anybody who looked Muslim to tear into, a lot of Sikhs caught some beatings.
>>
>>55749949
Not to mention drones flying close up to the jumpers, yikes.
>>
>>55740877
Yea, not to mention other terrorist attacks that isn't Islam related as well. From the Underground Weather to Oklahoman City bombing. The fact that we are shocked by anything is what bothers me.
>>
>>55749792
>>55749949
>>55750472

Maybe. I'm skeptical. I watch amateur videos today and everyone seems to suddenly contract Cerebral Palsy when they turn their cameras on.
>>
>>55740154
Literally American flags EVERYWHERE the next day
>>
>>55750686
Maybe, but it was a bright sunny morning. Not like paris attacks. I say once the first tower was hit, it would have been everyone filmingm posting to twitter, faceebook, snapchat etc right away. No matter what, it would have been insane. IDK if you've been to nyc before, it's packed as fuck and a huge percent of people walking down the street actually have their phone out in their hand, no joke.
>>
>>55750686
True but 9/11 had a much longer timeframe than yesterday, was viewable from the entire city and was during day time. Inside the buildings footage would still be very shakey or nonexistent.
>>
>>55750989

Oh of course, growing up so close to the city I've visited many times. You're right. I wonder what the social media from people inside would have been like.

>>55751116
You're right. Drone footage would have been unreal.
>>
>>55740154
fat americans couldnt fit out the door
>>
>>55751471
>wake up late and check snapchat
>watching your husband's doom appear on snapchat story
>watch it progress until the final snap
>see it disappear the next day at the same time, one snap at a time.
those are some real feels, anon.
>>
>>55747643
I was playing Smash 64 with a few friends at home. Being a 15yo eurofag with no interest in the rest of the world I looked at awe for a while seeing the towers fall, but 5 mins later I was back playing the game.

Later my father and mother arrived home and told me it was kind of a big deal, and I kinda gave it some more attention in the news later.
>>
>>55740154
9/11 brought a comradery to Americans that I hadn't ever seen before, or since. We stayed fixed to our TVs for hours on end and couldn't comprehend just how insane the entire situation was. Serious news men and comedy show hosts alike all choked up on air at some point in the days that followed.

So when George Bush said we were going to go fuck their shit up, nobody blinked an eye. It didn't matter if you liked or hated him the day beforehand. Liberals and conservatives alike were chomping at the bit. The armed forces all had an increase in memberships.

Of course that all turned around when we didn't kill Osama right away, and then let Bush drag us into Iraq, making us all look like lying shits and trapping us in a conflict that ulimately killed more Americans than the 9/11 attack did.

I'm sure even the French, the multiculturalist shits they've become, want some revenge right about now. Burning down a refugee camp is a pretty obvious indication.
>>
>>55745353
admit it your bitch ass would have never joined anyway.
>>
File: 1440889574800.jpg (92 KB, 540x556) Image search: [Google]
1440889574800.jpg
92 KB, 540x556
>>55740154
It was awful, I was in 5th grade and we did nothing that whole day. We just tried to understand. I was scared living in Southern California that something like that might happen to us, living 5 minutes away from Disneyland. Most of us were depressed for months to follow but honestly, seeing the bombing propaganda really helped fill a void, that justice was being served and retribution was making all of the bad go away. I couldn't imagine Pearl Harbor or the sinking of the Lusitania.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.