[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Criteria for concealed carry permits
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8
File: glock-19-review-concealed-carry.jpg (407 KB, 884x658) Image search: [Google]
glock-19-review-concealed-carry.jpg
407 KB, 884x658
Brothers! If those of you who know the criteria for granting a concealed carry permit in your area/country, the information would be greatly appreciated. Do you need to take some test, what criteria does one have to check to.

Thanks!
>>
In Ohio you have to take a 9 hour class and pass a test. It's pretty easy.
>>
>>55738592
wisconsin
attend three hour course
no felonies or domestic violence
pay 40 shekels to liberal tearjerkers in madison
law states that permit shall arrive in less than three weeks
profit?!?!
>>
georgia

believe in the 2nd amendment

have guns
>>
>>55740137
>pay 40 shekels to liberal tearjerkers in madison
Please elaborate.
>>
File: 1386277561821.png (259 KB, 1360x1336) Image search: [Google]
1386277561821.png
259 KB, 1360x1336
>>55738592
>don't be a retard
>pass a test

WOW SUCH GUN OPPRESSION IN EUROPE
>>
>not living in a shall-issue state where you just use pay a fee and get the license
Absolutely unconstitutional
>>
NY takes about a year for a target/hunting permit. For full carry you need a very good reason, the best being that you are in a cash business where you are always carrying a decent amount of money on you. Or be former police/fire/military.
>>
>>55738592
Arizona.
Literally no restrictions on concealed or open carry (aside from at bars)
>>
>>55740431
application fee with no $ return if denied to be paid to the liberal faggots in the state capitol who are buttblasted because the law says that they cannot sit on your application for ten years.
>>
In Kansas?

Own a gun.
>>
In Washington state. LITERALLY easier to do than a lot of southern states. You go to the police station and they say $20 plz, take your fingerprints, run a background check and give it to you. No classes or mandatory training or anything, which I am not sure is a good thing or not.
>>
Ohio
>live in shit urban area
>steal gun from some other nig
>shoot other nig in the name of dindu nuffin
>commit crime and believe you are the the true sprit of dindu nuffin

but for those in rural (white conservatives) areas
>buy gun
>purchase legally through any walmart, gander mountain, fur fin feather outfitters, etc.
>google hours, days of local law enforcement conceal carry testing
>go there
>shooting range, accuracy test
>then take written test
>pay like $100 for testing and certification
>get little card for wallet
> conceal gun
>shoot [black] criminals
>fin
>>
File: g7uBvpJ.jpg (257 KB, 1780x1335) Image search: [Google]
g7uBvpJ.jpg
257 KB, 1780x1335
Here in Canada, conceal carry permits DO exist.

You have to prove that it's important for your job, or your life is in immediate danger.

Security guards can obtain a conceal carry permit which is valid during the hours they are working.
Individuals working in the wilderness can obtain conceal carry permits during the months they're working.
Politicians can obtain conceal carry permits by passing around some favors.
RCMP desk clerks and officer defacto get to conceal carry as part of their job.

The important thing about conceal carry in Canada is that it is ONLY for the rich/powerful and their lackies. (And also guys working/living in the boonies who need to defend themselves from wild animals)

If you are a regular citizen, you are NOT allowed to carry or defend yourself with a handgun.
>>
>>55738592
Arizona
No permit required
You can still get a permit that allows you to carry in additional places (restaurants that serve alcohol, for example). For that, just complete a course.
>>
nj, impossible unless you are former LEO or have political connections. the rules state that you need to demonstrate credible need, but "credible need" is vague and unspecific
>>
Washington state

Go to police station, pay $20, get background check and fingerprints

That's its, you get your permit mailed to you I believe
>>
Alabama here.

>apply for permit
>receive permit

Alabama also recognizes all out of state concealed carry permits, unlike some other shitty states.
>>
>>55738592
bump

what is Florida? And can the class be one you got the certificate for ten years ago or do they expire? I have an old firearms safety certificate that at the time was what people used for a CC. changes?
>>
>>55738592
In New Mexico, it is 15 (IIRC) of classroom time, and you have to qualify with 25 rounds, plus submit to a background check.
>>
Utah
Pay 50 bucks
Attend a class for few hours
Don't be a nigger with a felony
>>
Washington.

Pay a few bucks and don't be a felon. Takes about 2-3 weeks to get it in the mail.
>>
What would y'all recommend for a first firearm?

I would like a pistol for certain.
>>
>>55741789
Piggy backing on this. If anyone wants a CC permit that is accepted in as many states as possible. Get a Utah one.
>>
>>55742404
Home defense or everyday carry? Or both?
>>
anyone know about South Carolina?
>>
>>55742512
home defense/target shooting.
>>
>>55738592
It's impossible to get a carry permit here in Southern California. The Sheriff's office basically throws out the applications. Even Marines have a hard time getting it or even getting their applications to be looked at.

You also need a cert to buy any gun here. Rifles and shotguns require certs as well. Next year we will also have ammo buying certs. It's pretty strict, but it's easy for the gangs to get guns and kill people. So, we have that.
>>
North Carolina:
>9 hour class
>shooting test (really easy, I got a 100% and it was my first time ever shooting a handgun, the shooting test is part of the class btw)
>written test, also a part of the test, pretty easy although some of the use of force questions can be tricky, it's very easy to pass but hard to get 100% on
>$90 cash only for the permit itself
>fingerprints required, each county's police department sets their own prices for that, mine is $5
>background check, the same type as is done whenever you buy a gun at a gun store in the USA
>60 business day (90 real days) waiting period
>receive permit
>permit good for 5 years
>you do not have to re-take the class to renew your permit
>when you move to a new address you have 30 days to get your permit information updated, otherwise it expires and you have to get a new one (but I do not think you have to re-take the class as long as you still have the certification from the class)

Also my state has a retarded pistol purchase permit system where you have to get a permit to purchase a handgun from the sheriff (1 permit per handgun, it's fucking bad), but a concealed carry permit counts as unlimited pistol purchase permits as long as it's valid.
>>
>>55741406
It was my understanding that there are or were a very small number of concealed carriers in Canada who are regular women protecting themselves from psycho ex-boyfriends and the like.
>>
>>55742837
Full size 9mm handgun that has a rail so you can mount a tactical light it. Lights are generally recommended for home defense. There are a ton of guns that fit this description that are all good guns and are all in the same price range so just pick whichever feels the best for you. Springfield Armory XD, Glock 17 or 19, S&W M&P9, CZ75 or a variant thereof, etc.
>>
File: Vermont_state_seal.svg.png (89 KB, 286x286) Image search: [Google]
Vermont_state_seal.svg.png
89 KB, 286x286
In the land of the free, there are no laws prohibiting one from carrying a weapon in a certain way.
>>
>>55742837
Just get a glock19. It's by far the all around best hand gun and what I recommend to all first timers. It's my daily conceal carry. I also have a special model g19 for IPSC (International Practical Shooting Confederation) competitions.

When I open carry (in the woods/mountains) I carry my 1911. It's too heavy/large for everyday stuff but it's nice for cougars and black bear.
>>
ohio

be 18

attend gun show with cash

buy rifle which can be open carried, in vehicle magazines/ammo seperate

or

be 21, buy handgun same way, at gun show, no background checks done person to person, some vendors do them but most dont

open carry, or pay `80 for class, 12 hours 1 day. pay fee, get CCW. conceal carry everywhere

it usually takes like 5 days, took mine like 60

how do i green text
>>
>>55743667
If there are, it's only a hundred or two at most.

You have a better chance of getting a CC permit being a friend of a rich politicians than you do fearing for your life from actual criminals out to kill you.

I think you need to survive two attempted murders before it's even a consideration.
>>
>>55744315
The way I heard it was "a few women in Vancouver" meaning less than 5 in the whole city, so it was something that was very very rare. Also I heard something about them having to constantly provide proof that their lives were in danger and if there was no reason to believe their lives were in danger anymore their permits got pulled.
>>
>>55738592
Need to be finger printed and fill out a form. If your not legally insane or a criminal you can get a permit here in Florida thats good in most of the lower 48.
>>
>>55744315
Can canadians even use their shotguns/hunting rifles, to kill home invaders?
>>
>>55740845
This anon got it right, adding hopefully reside in a "cool" county (Sherriff approves) and reside in a town with a cool judge (judge issues).
>>
>>55741974
I'm not sure about your old certificate
But Now in Florida you must take a 3 hour class, put a couple holes in paper at 10 feet then pay 112-some-odd-dollars in bribe to the Department of Agriculture while they finalize paperwork and steal your fingerprints

In the mail a couple weeks later
>>
>>55744164
>just get a Glock
Look at this giant faggot
>>
>>55745142
Yes a class is required they waved mine since I am prior military.
>>
>>55744164
I keep a .3030 marlin rifle and a Ruger sp101 great for hunting, home defense and killing sand niggers. Glocks are ok but overrated.
>>
Even Charlie Hebdo's chief editor asked for a permit and didn't get one. Y'all know what happened after. I think it's desperate here.
>>
>>55738592
In Louisiana you need to take an eight hour class and then pass a test. The class is a joke and the test is a joke. Then you need to be fingerprinted, fill out your application, get your application notarized, and print off a copy of your driver's license. Mail all of that to the state police with a cashier's check included.

All-in-all, it'll set you back about $250 for a five-year permit.
>>
>>55738592
NC

"This is the class required by North Carolina to obtain the Concealed Carry Handgun Permit. This class is comprised of eight hours of mandatory classroom training with additional time on the range.
Classroom time involves two hours of discussion on the legal aspects of using deadly force in self-defense and the laws concerning where a concealed handgun may not be carried. The remainder of the the classroom time covers firearms safety and nomenclature as well as marksmanship fundamentals.
Before completing this class the participant shall pass a twenty question test about the legalities of carrying a concealed handgun and the use of deadly force. In addition, the student must demonstrate how to safely load, unload and handle a handgun as well as shoot a handgun at a target. Handling procedures are graded by the instructor during practical application, and shooting proficiency is determined by the score the student receives after shooting thirty rounds at a life-sized silhouette. Students are required to shoot from distances of 3, 5 & 7 yards."

It was actually pretty fun.

Also, Dont be a felon.
>>
>>55738592
North Carolina:
Take a class consisting of concealed carry laws and practical shooting test.
Get sign off by county sheriff after background check.
Wait 3ish months.
Get gun, stuff in pants (always use a holster).
>>
File: HK USP Tactical(1).jpg (2 MB, 2204x1610) Image search: [Google]
HK USP Tactical(1).jpg
2 MB, 2204x1610
>>55738592
Believing in freedom is the only criteria.
>>
PAbro here

>Go to Chief law enforcement officer (sheriff or chief of police in philly)
>Fill out one page form
>Get license and picture within 10 mins or 45 say depending on the county(looking at you Philly)
>>
New Jersey. Short answer is that if you don't work as a security guard, don't even bother applying because you are not getting one.
>>
Louisiana
>Attend a 9 hour class, with a piss easy test and a 'competency test' at the range (Hit a target from 5 yards away, reload and repeat, then move it back a few yards at a time until it's at 15 yards)
>Fill out 6 fucking pages of paperwork
>Get 2 sets of fingerprints made at the police station
>Sign and notarize 3 forms
>Mail it all to the state department that handles it, along with a check of either $125 or $500
>Have to renew your license every 5 years, which involves everything but the paperwork (And if you pay the $500 for a lifetime license then you don't have to pay $125 to renew yours)
>Wait 2-12 weeks for your permit to arrive, like hell they're speedy with anything
>>
The following requirements shall apply to any person making application to the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation for a handgun license pursuant to the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act. The person must:

1. Be a citizen of the United States;

2. Establish a residency in the State of Oklahoma. For purposes of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act, the term "residency" shall apply to any person who either possesses a valid Oklahoma driver license or state photo identification card, and physically maintains a residence in this state or to any person, including the spouse of such person, who has permanent military orders within this state and possesses a valid driver license from another state where such person and spouse of such person claim residency;

3. Be at least twenty-one (21) years of age;

4. Complete a firearms safety and training course and demonstrate competence and qualifications with the type of pistol to be carried by the person as provided in Section 1290.14 of this title, and submit proof of training and qualification or an exemption for training and qualification as authorized by Section 1290.14 of this title;

5. Submit the required fee and complete the application process as provided in Section 1290.12 of this title; and

6. Comply in good faith with the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act.
Basically easy. Plus a Licence here is honored nearly everywhere except New York.
>>
>>55748165
I'm in the process of renewing my license right now, actually. You don't need to redo the finger prints, but everything else is the same.

I looked at getting a lifetime license, but even with that you still have to re-take the class every 5 years. Seeing that the class itself is something like $100, that's still kind of ridiculous.
>>
Kansas

>buy gun
>shove in waste band
>go outside

based constitutional carry state
>>
In Maryland you either have to be friends with the guy who approves the permits or blow someone.
>>
>>55748973
Oh yeah, forgot about that
I actually sent mine off about 2 weeks ago, my boss actually got his right around the time I sent mine out but he had been waiting 8 weeks by that point
I just went ahead and got the lifetime since fuck it, I'm 22 and I plan on staying here
>>
Nevada
>open carry permitted as long as not hidden
>allows concealed carry
>allows carry in vehicles as long as not hidden on person
>>
Ohio is easy as can get. You have the federal background check and damned little else to do.
>>
File: SPU-2P25-SA-6-Gainful-Czech-6S.jpg (543 KB, 768x556) Image search: [Google]
SPU-2P25-SA-6-Gainful-Czech-6S.jpg
543 KB, 768x556
>Be from Jew York
>Need to be politician, celebrity, former LEO, or make huge cash deposits for CCW
>>
>>55738592
Its to easy. I was scared shitless with the people carrying in Louisiana.
It was a 8/9 (don't remember) hour class.
shoot from 10 yards max.
There needs to be a shoot/don't shoot course along with a how to carry and how to draw your weapon course.
>>
>>55738592
New Hampshire

Buy a gun

Carry the gun
>>
>>55738592
had to fill out one page of paperwork and pay $20

can now carry my dindu/mudslime stopper as i please
>>
>>55749314
Yeah, I'm not sure how long I'll be here. In New Orleans for the time being and enjoying myself well enough, but you never know with job shit.
>>
>>55740785
in west virginia you just straight up buy guns

i think nevada too
>>
>>55752136
Good luck man
At least I know my job shit won't be taking me anywhere long term, small cities really treat industry nice
>>
>>55752136
you're at ground zero bro. Ten thousand "refugees" just landed at the Port of New Orleans.
>>
>>55738592
Nh, just pay ten bucks and it's yours.
>>
>>55753344
Joke's on them, they just fled to somewhere more dangerous
>>
Carrying a weapon in France as a civilian is 100% forbidden. They won't even let you carry a knife or pepper spray. The only exception is for qualified bodyguards, if they have a shooting license or military/police training and their employer ask for them to be armed, only in exceptionnal circusmtances and very high level of threat they might be allowed to CC a gun. Example : mayors of major cities
>>
File: 1446266731607.gif (83 KB, 676x509) Image search: [Google]
1446266731607.gif
83 KB, 676x509
Animation related
>>
>Best carry gun for newfag

Recommend snubby revolver. No rack, just roll.
>>
File: 1446846388760.jpg (181 KB, 680x881) Image search: [Google]
1446846388760.jpg
181 KB, 680x881
>>55738592
Minnesota

40 minute class ~$30-75 depending on the instructor.

I think it was like $50-100 to local sheriff's office.

Wait a month.
>>
>>55755411
further proof vermont is the most based state
>>
>>55738592

Illinois is shall issue but it costs out the ass to get the permit so i just carry without it. As long as you don't do anything stupid you will never get caught. And if you do need it carrying without a license is the least of your worries.
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.