[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The General Problem
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 197
Thread images: 19
There is NO ideology that could convince you to strap a bomb to your chest and kill innocent people. Only Theology can have such an impact on human behaviour. ONLY people convinced of the righteousness of their acts(like a command from a "supposed" higher authority) could sacrifice their lives to the slaughter of innocents. In their heads, there is a battle of right and wrong(Allah and Shaitan) and Western civilisation IS wrong. For them, they have Allah the "almighty" on their side. Nothing can beat this thinking route. Nothing but education. Showing them that science is not a creation of evil. Need i remind you that the arabic world had major contributions to the scientific progress of humanity. (AL)gebra, (AL)chemy (AL)gorithm.
Not to mention that half of the stars you see at night have arabic names. What ended the golden age of Islam? They connected science and research with works of the devil. THAT is the reason. Religion not only prohibits your critical thinking, it can KILL it entirely... Thoughts anyone?
>>
>>55738283

shut up, faggot
>>
>>55738283
you don't know what theology means , do you?
also merchant pls go
>>
>>55738283
Christians and Jews don't have a terrorism epidemic.
>>
>>55738437
Jews: 4000 to 500 BC (killed thousands for their promised land)
Christians: 0 to 1700 (felt obliged to convert every human being- killed hundred of thousands)
Muslims: 500 to ? (still waiting...)
>>
i don't see how you can criticize religion as a whole just because one produces suicide bombers. it's an incorrect religion. it's not truth.

that would be like me saying science is bad because eugenics exists. just because there are bad apples doesn't mean the truth is disqualified
>>
>>55738374
American debating skills at it's best!
>>
File: j2.jpg (116 KB, 890x890) Image search: [Google]
j2.jpg
116 KB, 890x890
>>55738437
>>
File: citation.jpg (89 KB, 600x387) Image search: [Google]
citation.jpg
89 KB, 600x387
>>55738895
>(felt obliged to convert every human being- killed hundred of thousands)
>>
>>55738984
Religion is the only reason why people can justify killing innocent people. You have permission from "above" to discriminate and kill someone who doesn't think as you do.
>>
>>55739169
you want a citation for their need to convert or a citation for numbers?
>>
File: 1447466710461.jpg (221 KB, 852x805) Image search: [Google]
1447466710461.jpg
221 KB, 852x805
>>55738437
>>
>>55738895
well the point is that its the 21st century, other religions have been modernized while Islam seems to still be in a medieval mindset. ISIS is LOOKING to start a holy war
>>
>>55738895
Amateur theologian and atheist nihilist here. It's really just the progression of feudalism.

If an alien landed here on earth and studied the Abrahamic mind control cults they would be struck by the similarities not the differences.
>>
>>55739399
both
and before you start some ridiclous shit about conquistadors or whatever, remember a country is different from a religion
>>
File: jew-kike-tropes-frequency.jpg (11 KB, 213x250) Image search: [Google]
jew-kike-tropes-frequency.jpg
11 KB, 213x250
what THE fuck
>>
>There is NO ideology that could convince you to strap a bomb to your chest and kill innocent people
>What is the IRA?
>What is the PKK?

Get kucked, OP.
>>
>>55739433
I'd just like to point out that secular/political/anarchist number there. about 15-20x the Christian extremist number. kinda refutes OPs point.
Self-sacrificial attacks and attacks on innocent civilians have been pretty common throughout history. The nazis had fighters crash into bombers on purpose, the Japanese had Banzai charges and Kamikaze, the Soviets had soldiers throw themselves on top of German machine guns so their unit could advance. It's nothing really unique to religion.
>>
>>55738283
>There is NO ideology that could convince you to strap a bomb to your chest and kill innocent people. Only Theology can have such an impact on human behaviour.

So atheist communism was a theology?
>>
>>55739636
maybe the country changes, but the facts persists:
Only Theology gives you free hand to kill people you disagree with.
>>
>>55740080
It's hard to say because they are comparing political parties with atheism so it's hard to say what they mean with this description. You can easily point out that anarchism leads to violence and not atheism.

But yes, people do stupid things and are violent despite belief.
>>
>>55740227
It was in fact a STATE religion. It's the wort kind of religion, but religion nonetheless.
>>
>>55740355
Also, this. It's important to realize that these political parties have cult of personalities and turn these men into God that you worship. It's essentially religion.
>>
>>55740048
PKK- Marxist-Leninist(Communist)
IRA- Marxist(Communist)
as i said before communism can be a state religion.
>>
>>55740263
I already told you theology isn't what you think it means
also by this reasonning, the religion change but being human is what makes you kill people
>>
>>55741103
>Theology (from latin theologia):
>reasoning or discussion concerning the Deity

AND you're missing the point:
A Belief in a deity(following a holy book) makes it easier to JUSTIFY killing people.
>>
File: 1378008391002.jpg (92 KB, 750x569) Image search: [Google]
1378008391002.jpg
92 KB, 750x569
>>55738283
It exists. Most everyone on the planet believes in some form of it. It will never go away. DEAL WITH IT.
>>
>>55741736
I'm not for banning religion, i'm not saying it should cease to exist. I'm just saying that people need science MORE than religion. The gents in the Arabic World used to understand this... 8 centuries ago...
>>
>>55741619
>reasoning or discussion concerning the Deity
it's different form religion
again everything and anything can be used to justify killing people
if you really think human History have been to war because of religions you should try taking every conflict and reanalyze each of them
>>
File: 1378102884723.jpg (156 KB, 767x1092) Image search: [Google]
1378102884723.jpg
156 KB, 767x1092
>>55742009
Some people don't kill people for fear of God's punishment. What are the Ten Commandments? Some people also believe their religion gives their tasks (even great science experiments) a sense of purpose. A purpose greater than that of just another mammal crawling around on the earth.

It goes both ways, I do admit. But death is absolute among all generations regardless of the manner in which they meet it.
>>
>>55741736
Yes but it's not good for first worlders to believe Earth is 6000 years old or for third worlders to believe the Quran is the direct word of Allah. It causes issues.

I am not saying ideology will not always exist but one that refuses dialouge isn't good for society. That's why extreme SJWs are also a bad thing.
>>
>>55742009

>actually believing the >le noble sandnigger scientific golden age meme

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_inventions_in_the_medieval_Islamic_world
>>
>>55742058
Oh i'm sorry, you are 100% right.
I forgot that religion doesn't allow for discussion and reasoning, my bad!
Of course we cannot stop war, human beings will kill each-other, it's inevitable. What we can do is fight the ignorance and ignorant beliefs.
>>55742363
Amen, brother!
>>
>>55742503
>trying to hate arabs cuz' MURICA!
>listing good things arabs did...
>>
>>55742503
>coffee
>quitar (fuck yea)
>hookah

pretty based
>>
File: 1387852133943.png (325 KB, 898x576) Image search: [Google]
1387852133943.png
325 KB, 898x576
>>55742363
Science and Godlessness are a good combo, it makes nuclear weapons and stuff. Seriously though, they're meant to balance out. Religion is the moral compass, the science to see it through. Someone can believe in God and still be a reasonable, intelligent human being. And some scientists can experiment on Jews in the Holocaust that didn't happen.
>>
>>55739309
that's not true. people kill for all sorts of reasons. jealousy, anger, pure hate, etc... it's not just religion. and even then, most religions expressly forbid killing. it's just that angry people try to bend religion to support a decision they made on their own.
>>
>>55742629
>I forgot that religion doesn't allow for discussion and reasoning, my bad!
that's completely offtopic and wrong
if you want to fight ignorance start by educating yourself on religion somewhere else than euphoric websites
>>
>>55742981
Anyone can be anything but a person doesn't need religion as a moral compass. Ethics is an ongoing study in my opinion. It's a living thing because the world isn't in a fixed state. We continually learn.

Sure, you can be very intelligent and be a believer but that doesn't mean that it is neccessary or truthful. Newton did crazy things from time to time like sticking needles in his eyes that doesn't mean he was stupid far from it.
>>
>>55742981
Again:
A scientist who believes in god will advance to a point when he says "That's GOD's domain, i will go no further because i don't understand it and NO ONE will understand this. Better abandon now" -Sir Isaac Newton

Those scientists in Auschwitz were Nazi's. In Mein Kampf, Hitler specifies that killing Jews is a holy mission given to him by God.
>>
File: tYmYBfN.jpg (286 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
tYmYBfN.jpg
286 KB, 1024x768
>>55738283
Good job you marxist cunt

Why couldn't they have gotten you

10/10 triggered me
>>
>>55743613
wrong pic
>>
File: 7Whdfva.jpg (20 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
7Whdfva.jpg
20 KB, 300x225
>>55743680
ugh
>>
File: 1380653595774.jpg (40 KB, 573x309) Image search: [Google]
1380653595774.jpg
40 KB, 573x309
>>55743566
>"That's GOD's domain, i will go no further because i don't understand it and NO ONE will understand this. Better abandon now" -Sir Isaac Newton
Implying that's a bad thing?

Picture definitely related.
>>
>>55743298
I had plenty of education on religion. I am Polish which means i was raised in a Catholic Tradition.
I had Religion in school and EVERY sunday i went to church to have my "education" I don't need more indoctrination and empty messages...
Religion is known to NEVER change it's doctrine despite new evidence. Even if you believe that you are smarter than me, it doesn't give you the right to dismiss my concerns by simply saying i'm ignorant.
>>
This makes no sense. Theology creates ideology, atleast religious ideology.

Of course there can be ideologies that make you strap explosives and commit suicide.

Kamikaze attacks in WW2? Anyone?

The #terrorismhasnoreligion is such nonsense, i mean, if terrorism has no religion, does that mean that ISIS are atheist? So clearly we all need to convert to islam to defeat these atheists. Pfft what nonsense.
>>
>>55744205
Show me in the new testament where it says to kill muslims and Jews
>>
>>55744165
Yes, but using reason, like that guy in the movie, we can come to an understanding that some things are better off not creating (like dinos). That isn't the same as not knowing how it would work.
>>
>>55744165
It is a bad thing, because you presume that something are not worth questioning and you abandon the search.
Isaac Newton couldn't account for the stabilization of our Solar System. He abandoned it believing that God himself is guiding the planets. 200 years later Pierre Simon de Laplace somehow managed to stabilize it without God or any supernatural phenomenons.
His Faith STOPPED his creativity...
>>
>le all religions are the same meme

only Islam kills people

and atheist/secular societies are the swamp with which islam is allowed to grow

secularism will ALWAYS leave a vaccuum of meaning to people. and it's only the historically christian people who are flocking to atheist poison

so islam takes over. the reason America wouldn't accept this is because they are majority Christian. if they were majority secular, they would be sucking muslim dick like we are
>>
>>55741090

> communism as a state religion
> trying to argue communism isn't an atheistic system

Get fucked OP.
>>
>>55738283
Communism has done worse.

You're giving a liberal argue - that religion has tainted man's naturally good nature. Man is inherently flawed, and will kill, steal, covet, and rape, regardless of whether religion is present or not. This Rousseau argument - that man's nature is good, but society makes it bad - is a primary assumption behind every contemporary movement, and justifies the destruction of tradition, Church, family, guild, and corporation, all while handing power to an omnipotent, tyrannical State. We must stop this.
>>
>>55744714
If we didn't question why people get sick, we wouldn't discover that it is caused by microscopic organism. Instead, we would just believe it was demonic and nothing would be solved.
>>
>>55738283
Tell that to the kamikaze.
>>
>>55744205
I'm a pretty dumb man so I won't say I'm smarter than you but although your concerns might be real your reasoning is fallacious
the fact you hate religion becasue of yur indoctrinated childhood makes you see it as the only problem int the world
sure, religion isn't perfect and most people don't even follow theirs but that doesn't mean that mkes them go to war and/or that non religious people are more peaceful
>>
>>55744497
Matthew 10:34-36
you're welcome :)
>>
>>55744728
>it's only the historically christian people who are flocking to atheist poison
What about the way secularism has become the norm in traditionally Buddhist/Shinto Japan? Even most of the people who identify with the religious labels there are more likely to be nonbelievers. Of course, they don't let camel jockeys (or any other immigrants) into their country, and terrorism of this magnitude is decidedly uncommon there, so that does just prove your point in a different way.
>>
>>55745219
Well, that doesn't say kill them only that they would divide themselves from those they deem as against God.

However, it can easily be used as a basis to kill or generate issues in society.
>>
>>55744906
You mean the same kamikazes that killed themselves in the name of the GREAT Emperor Hirohito? A GODLY figure on earth?
>>
>>55744896
That was my point. You SHOULD look for answers despite people saying it's pointless or diabolical
>>
So many fedoras
>>
>>55745452
>Matthew 10:34-36
You're being a kek m8 trying to morally level Christianity to the level of islam. Islam says outright to kill people while there's an ambiguous statement in Matthew about strife. Jesus says so many things about non-violence.

The Lord doesn't have the same rules as believers, that is very clear. Christianity is superior to Islam.

Atheists confirmed for endless kekolds throwing out the baby with the bathwater at every opportunity.
>>
>>55745900
>You're being a kek m8 trying to morally level Christianity to the level of islam.

I am? Where?

Sure, Jesus says many things about non-violence but some were violent based on how they personally interpreted the Bible.

Despite me thinking the Bible/Jesus says Christians shouldn't go to war, many Christians have supported and fought in wars.

Yes, Christianity is superior to Islam by far.

>Atheists confirmed for endless kekolds throwing out the baby with the bathwater at every opportunity.

cool story m8
>>
>>55745900
Christianity was created ambiguous to attract pagans. They could fill in the gaps with their old bullshit... Islam was more open minded than Christianity a 1000 years ago.
>>
>>55745219

If you actually paid attention, you would see that Jesus was referring to the fact that his coming would provoke division BETWEEN the jews.

> 37 “Anyone who loves their father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves their son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

Referring to the fact that jewish family would reject those who choose to be christians.

> 38 Whoever does not take up their cross and follow me is not worthy of me.

Referring to the fact that the new Christians would suffer and be under persecution.

> 39 Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.

Referring to the fact that many of the new christians would lose their live because of following him.

>>55744205

> I had plenty of education on religion.

You didn't, otherwise you wouldn't be spewing bullshit.
>>
>>55738283
>religion of peace starts shit
>surely ALL religion is at fault
Stay classy

>tips his fedora
>>
>>55746337
>based on how they the bible

this is marxist polemic

>Despite me thinking the Bible/Jesus says Christians shouldn't go to war, many Christians have supported and fought in wars.

This is honest. The bible says that no one will be able to live up to the standards set by God except God himself.

>Yes, Christianity is superior to Islam by far.

Will you acknowledge that Christians have a better religious diet that muslims?

>>55746337

>Christianity was created ambiguous to attract pagans

more strawman
>>
>>55747140
>>55746337
I meant >>55746351
>>
>>55746414
bullshit is what i would call your "interpretation".
this passage implies that ONLY by Jesus you can go to heaven.
> 39 Whoever finds their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life for my sake will find it.

If you lose your life in the name of jesus you will be at his side. That crap sounds exacly like Islamist indoctrination justifying suicide bombings... Need i remind you that the Quran was actually BASED on the bible? and the bible was based on Jewish myths, the Jews copied on the Hindu and so on...
>>
>>55738283
The Muslims only strap bombs to their chests because the West vastly overpowers them militarily, so the only way to hurt it is by sacrificing one's life. Germans, Soviets and Japanese all had suicide bombers in World War 2. And as for killing innocents, people sometimes do it out of love for animals or some equally dumb shit.
>>
>>55747286

except nowhere in the Bible does it say if you kill non believers you'll go to heaven

the Quran is just a primitive book of Mormon... but with added deadliness
>>
>>55747286
Quran (2:191-193) - "And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief or unrest] is worse than killing...
but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah [disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah] and worship is for Allah alone. But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zalimun (the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc.)"

Are you going to say those things are morally equivalent?
>>
>>55747492
They strap bombs to themselves when killing each other too. But sure, blame the west on that I guess.
>>
>>55747217
>Will you acknowledge that Christians have a better religious diet that muslims?

If you consider eating horseshit being better than eating bullshit then yes i guess you're right...
>>
>>55747642
Blame for what? For getting their asses handed to an inferior enemy? Damn right I will blame the West.
>>
>>55747510
When the Lord your God brings you into the land where you are entering to possess it, and clears away many nations before you…you shall utterly destroy them. You shall make no covenant with them and show no favor to them. Furthermore, you shall not intermarry with them…. For they will turn your sons away from following Me to serve other gods. Then the anger of the Lord will be kindled against you and He will quickly destroy you. But thus you shall do to them: You shall tear down their altars, and smash their sacred pillars, and hew down their Asherim, and burn their graven images with fire
(Deut. 7:1-5)
Yes they are morally equivalent
>>
>>55747286

> bullshit is what i would call your "interpretation".

You would have the same if you actually have stopped to read the book through the entire passage.

But since you are poor in the knowledge department, let me remind you of what was happening: Jesus was giving his instructions for his apostles, who would be going spreading his teachings throwing the land. Really, read pretty slowly the entire passage: he warns them several times of those who would attempt to kill them. You are unbelievably short sighted if you think Jesus was calling for violence, seeing how every apostle and Jesus were executed without killing anyone.

> this passage implies that ONLY by Jesus you can go to heaven.

Yes, exactly. That is what is written through the new testament.

> If you lose your life in the name of jesus you will be at his side.

Yes, and...?

> That crap sounds exacly like Islamist indoctrination justifying suicide bombings...

You are a fool. Seriously. Every apostle and Jesus died by giving themselves to others, how could this call for suicide attacks and what else? The example was always Christ, and Christ didn't kill even to defend his own life.

You are being pretty irrational. You are trying your best to gather at straws, but the scenario you are trying to create just doesn't has a base and substance.

> Need i remind you that the Quran was actually BASED on the bible? and the bible was based on Jewish myths, the Jews copied on the Hindu and so on...

A lot of people copied the Bible. So what? The Bible do say that people would pick and change the world, just like it happened in the times of past.
>>
>>55748027
>old testament
>>
>>55738895
Yup Muslims are sub humans that can't change.
>>
>>55748327
if the bible was trully inspired by god, every word would be perfect... It would be flawless. both Old and New testament.
>>
>>55748027
whats the problem with this? Also its pretty obvious that the passage refers to the land of canan that was given to the Ancient Israelites (not modern kikes).
>>
>>55738895
Islam actually has the highest kill count in history behind gommunism.
>>
>>55748257
Does the bible say that people would redact and change the bible through history to FIT their needs?
>>
File: photo.png (241 KB, 510x512) Image search: [Google]
photo.png
241 KB, 510x512
>>55748683
If the Old Testament is perfect, why the need for the New Testament?
>>
>>55748946
EXACLY! w końcu ktoś poważny :)
>>
Whether you like it or not, there is a God shaped hole in the psyche of man. Whether you believe it was created by the divine or the fact that lightning is scary is up to you, but even if religion were removed entirely from society people would still seek to fill this hole and some would fill it up with crazy shit.

The problem is crazy shit, not religion.
>>
>>55749059
>>55748946
the law in the old testament is perfect but man is not. thats the whole point of why Jesus Christ came to this earth
>>
>>55749112
The problem is that religion is a major part of said "crazy shit"
>>
>>55748683
It is perfect, if you claim to have a reason for it not being perfect you had better have a good epistimological reason
>>
>>55748939

> entire paragraph of replies
> just pick the last point
> has been doing the same thing through the whole thread

Yep, at least I don't have to waste more of my time with this one.

I don't really know if you are trying to make the point of 'but the Bible isn't perfect!', while the traditional Bibles we use are extremely close to the greek version, or the 'but why doesn't God stop people who are using his word for profit', which is answered by the fact that christians have already been warned and they know how to protect themselves against it.

I will only suggest you to get a refresher in religion before trying to do this again.
>>
>>55749237
So, god sacrifices his son(who is him in human form) to redeem humans (that HE created) from the sin(that HE created) and all that after killing everyone by flood cuz' HE created them imperfect... O.o
>>
>>55743210
This.
>>
>>55749711
God does not create sin ahmed

>Let no one say when he is tempted, “aI am being tempted 1by God”; for God cannot be tempted 2by evil, and He Himself does not tempt anyone.

There is no sin in God. Humans put themselves in that situation but God sent his only son to save them

God never said he make them perfect it says :

>And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
>>
>>55749059
Serious? If I were serious, I wouldn't be talking with you. Laws are made with specific purpose in mind. The purpose of the Old Testament was to preserve the faith in One God and it passed with flying colors; in case you didn't notice Jews are still around after many thousands of years. But at the time of Jesus the faith started to get corrupted; relegated to tradition without the ideals those traditions were supposed to embody. So God renewed the Covenant, but his time it was extended to all of humanity. That was a success too; in short time the entire Roman Empire was Christian and after it fell, the barbarian peoples converted. But now Christianity is just as passive and empty as Judaism was thousands of years ago and another renewal is needed. I can just hope Europe survives the storm that is coming, but Christianity can cope without it.

In shirt: the Bible is perfect for its purpose. Outside of its purpose it stops being perfect. Crying "it needs to apply to everything because I say so!" is just being obtuse.
>>
>>55738283

> no ideology...

What are

> the samurai code
> the Marine's hymn
> extreme patriotism
> kamikaze pilots
> the ancient idea of a glorious death in battle

Religion, actually, Islam, is just another member of this group
>>
>>55738283
>hurr durr those middle eastern people are acting like savages
>could be it tied to their mentality? ...uh no that's not possible, all races are equal afrer all
>no it must be the evil religion
did you ever consider the option that their fucked up ideologies are product of their mentality and not the other way around?
>>
>>55749546
you know the last point is generally the most important one. Your entire paragraph explains the Pacifism of Jesus and his apostles, that's why i didn't felt the need to adress it because we ALL know that Jesus was supposed to be a Hippie. My problem with that passage is:

>Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword

I thought it was USA's job to bring peace with the sword(and occasionally Tomahawks) not Jesus'
>>
>>55748327
That's the big problem with religion. You can cherrypick whatever you want.
You've been raised to ignore most of old testament and believe jesus message to be a good guy.

But somebody can cherrypick passages about killing for any of ridiculous sins + jesus message that he didn't come to change old testament's law.

It's old book, written by tons of people, translated, full of contradictions. Of course people will interpret it however they want.

Same with quoran, there are nicer passages and bullshit about killing people. You can make whatever you want from it.

The real problem is that nonviolent people might actually support the guys who only look at passages about killing, just because they believe in the same god
>>
>>55750913
>full of contradictions

no is not, the problem is you

>its an old book

"come on, its 2015!" is not an argument idiot
>>
>>55750272
>God does not create sin
Please, remind me, who created the Tree of Knowledge?
>>
>>55751107
Not gonna argue about contradictions cause i'm on phone and too lazy to look for sources.

But do you really think that the book from 2k+ years ago didn't get changed during this time (which is pretty important since its supposed to be the word of god) and that its message about morals is actual?
>>
>>55751423
God. Are you saying knowledge is sin? That's some strange theology.
>>
>>55751755
Wasn't eating a fruit from tree of knowledge considered a sin?
Or was it just about not listening to god. Don't remember
>>
>>55738283
(AL)-Quaeda
>>
It started innocently. I started getting further and further away from religion. Then agnostic then atheist then full blown anti religious. I'm not saying all war and hate would end,but a significant amount of it , not to mention scientific advancement and over all civilization advancement would increase ( even small stuff like gay marriage and abortion wouldn't be an issue) all without religion. If serves no purpose but to control manipulate and destroy. I hate religion.
>>
>>55751465
>The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. 7 Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever

>Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away. (Jesus Christ, Son of God)

The bible is not just any book, is the word of God, and he promised to preserve it
>>
>>55750913
so basically you are saying that religion has no effect on people whatsoever because you can just pick what you like
>>
>>55751423
The tree of knowledge of Good and Evil is the name of the tree. The sin was disobedience, and the curse was to know good and evil as an imperfect creature.
>>
>>55751918
I'm afraid your understanding of Christian doctrine is very limited then.
>>
File: mfw277.jpg (418 KB, 1888x1572) Image search: [Google]
mfw277.jpg
418 KB, 1888x1572
>>55738283
>There is NO ideology that could convince you to strap a bomb to your chest and kill innocent people.
Japanese Bushido
-Kamikaze planes. ( 6,000lb flying bomb)
-Tenno Heika Banzai! ( Sucidal bayonet Charges)
-Seppuku ( killing yourself because your told too by your superior)

National Socialism
-Holocaust ( need I say more)
-Waffen SS (Fanatical soldiers who would Kill/Rape/Die without hesitation.)
-Deutchland, Deutchland, Über Alles.( Would start a fucking World War, even after seeing firsthand the horrors of the first one.)
>>
File: 1447442743251.jpg (53 KB, 600x465) Image search: [Google]
1447442743251.jpg
53 KB, 600x465
>>55752558
>>
>>55752225
No, I'm saying parents/priests can indoctrinate children however they want. And other people of same religion might not see their actions as something wrong.
>>
AL-imony
AL-abama
AL-catraz

nothing but pure evil if you ask me
>>
File: 1447442195314.jpg (25 KB, 552x594) Image search: [Google]
1447442195314.jpg
25 KB, 552x594
>>55752718
>>
>>55743210
>bend religion
>literally explicit directions for the need of jihad and divinely mandated murder of the heretics.
>>
>>55752177
From your (believer) viewpoint it probably is.
From mine a chance that the current bible has the exact same message as what was written x years ago is very, very small
>>
>>55751107
>"come on, its 2015!" is not an argument idiot
actually it is. The morals created by desert people 4000 years ago does NOT apply in today society.

>>55750913
It's one of MANY problems with religion, but true nonetheless.
>>55751755
According to the bible yes it is. Adam and Eve were punished and exiled from Eden merely because they wanted to know. Which implies that knowledge(or the search for it) IS a sin.
>>55750802
Actually Islam calmed down a bit after the savage Mohamed. They flourished in science and discovery. They became once again violent when Crusaders came and fucked the whole "science" thing up.
>>55750768
none of the thing you say, except religion, commands you to kill innocents.
>>55752115
Leave hating to Christians :)
>>55752558
Bushido actually means "to serve the emperor" and the emperor is a DIVINE figure.
same with kamikaze attacks and seppuku NONE of which COMMANDS you to kill innocents civilians
National Socialism was a STATE religion, Hitler believed that he was on a holy mission.
>>
>>55752946
Very very true sir.
Goes like this:
Aramaic-->Hebrew-->Greek-->Latin-->now
imagine how much must have been lost in time.
Not to mention the First Council of Nicaea that totally destroyed the original bible and added the notion of the Holy Ghost to the pile
>>
>>55752717
but parents and teachers can indoctrinate their children without religion
but and what they teach them reflects the values of the society around them
i don't get what is your point, people have conscience and that tells them whether something is right or not
and it develops based places you live and your overall experiences
>>55753374
>Leave hating to Christians :)
please, your hatred for Christianity just radiates from your post and I'm not even christian
>>
>>55754195
if you think the bible are God word, why do you think men can silence him? He let people know what He wants
>>
>>55755071
That's a valid argument which can be used against Catholics as well over their church compiling it therefore theirs in legitimate.

However, is that really what we see? Personally, I think the overall message has remained about the same. The only thing that didn't was the canon kept changing and how people interpreted the text over time.
>>
>>55754869
i have no hate for Christianity nor Christians.
Hate would imply that somehow Christianity hurt me. It did nothing. And that's EXACTLY why i don't follow it.
I just find it extremely hypocritical when i see signs like "god hates (insert your social group here)" and the VAST majority of those signs were made by Christians.
>>
>>55753374
>leave hating to Christians
Geez you're right! I just wish it would go away ya know when will religion go extinct ? Whatever, what's religion today is mythology tomorrow
>>
>>55754869
But having a holy book and huge community to back up your claims, telling children at young age they will go to hell if they behave bad or that you'll go to heaven if you kill people who don't believe in your god.

Many muslims dont think people should be killed because of faith. But at the same time quite a lot of them think its kinda ok. It says so in quoran after all.

Not that many muslims are really crazy, but if you have like a billion people who wouldn't do it themselves but at the same time wont openly criticize it, and some of them will even support it, suddenly It's much harder to deal with it.
>>
>>55755071
if he would want to let people know what he wants, why not just send another prophet? 2000 years is quite some time... Show me a God and i will believe in him. Otherwise, it's just another myth.
>>
>>55755601
>Whatever, what's religion today is mythology tomorrow

Not saying this to piss anyone off ITT but I don't really see Christianity lasting much longer. The Catholic church will probably disband around 2060-2080
>>
>>55755721
Most Muslims are sympathizers and it's a major issue.
>>
>>55755789
Let's hope so...
>>
>>55738283
>What is communism
>What is fascism
>What is nazism
>What is everyfuckingism

just shut the fuck up
>>
>>55755980
Yet again...
ALL OF THOSE ARE STATE RELIGIONS :/

PS. Nice debating skills :O
>>
>>55755789
>>55755941

You literally never read a book about this.
>Post-secular society

Catholics are stronger than they were in 1970, you damn fool. With the end of communism, religion is the new political identity

God isn't dead and won't
>>
>>55756255
You are absolutely right my gullible friend!
Something that never existed cannot die! spot on!
>>
>>55756248
You can't live without an ideology. Even your absence of ideology is an ideology when you try to enforce it. Man you should know where the word "terrorism" comes from: it's used for the first time in the French revolution because atheists have gone full dictatorship mode in the "terror epoch" (I don't know if you call it this way).
>>
>>55756463
Yeah, it's written in human biological nature to have ideals and ideologies. I'm sorry for your empty life frog
>>
>>55756463
Btw, do yourself a favor, read for real a paper on post-secularism if you're interested in this matter.
>>
>>55756604
where did i say that you can live without an ideology? i just said that you can live without Theology. You don't need myths, you need ideas.
>>
>>55741736

EUGENICS can delete god from human brain forever nigga
>>
>>55738283
>>55738895

Neither Christianity or Judaism proclaim to be a political mandate. Judaism comes closer in that regard, but not anywhere as close as sunni Muslims whose entire religion is based on a campaign by a warlord. I'm not making this up.

Rome in all its entirety was brought down by the hands of Heathen barbarians; being heathens as well, the Romans eventually adopted Christianity, a religion they used to mock, and through Christianity, brought a renaissance. They opened Jerusalem to people who were on pilgrimage; they had less slaves than Muslims. Christianity promoted literacy in most of the world.
>>
>>55756255
There is a huge divide among Catholics. The followers are moving further and further from the traditionalist views and fewer and fewer are becoming priests.

Anyway, I didn't say it to piss anyone off. Sorry.
>>
>>55756837
Yeah, and *puff* people will magically stop to kill each other when christianity is gone

>implying the situation won't be worse without christian values
>>
>>55757013

people will live in a virtual reality matrix, why would they kill each other? it would be a paradise
>>
>>55756948
Umh, catholicism may change, that's true, and already has happened in the past. But it won't die out anytime soon.

Btw, it kept my country away from communism, I can't help it, I can't see it as a bad thing
>>
>>55757130
Oh pedro, I already have some prejudices about you being lazy as fuck
>>
>>55757209
I agree that it has had some positive results. I'm not demeaning it.

It'll either die out of be forced to change drastically. Changing is the only way I can see it surviving...
>>
>>55756702
I know all about post-secularism. I am Polish i just happen to live in France so calling me a frog was a miss :( The communist regime was known for oppressing religion. John Paul II helped the polish people to fight against the Big Red Scum. He became pope, The Soviet Union fell, and with no oppression the Catholic Church had the opportunity to take it's place. That's why in Poland we have elected a President more religious than the Arch-Bishop of Warsaw.
>>
>>55757209
It didn't protect you from Mussolini in 1922 did it?

>Yeah, and *puff* people will magically stop to kill each other when christianity is gone

If you would read the thread you would know that i don't believe people can stop killing each other. War amongst human being is inevitable. What we can fight is ignorance and ignorant beliefs inconsistent with the reality of Science.
>>
>>55739433
You do realize what the numbers are showing, right?

>There's literally more Jewish extremist terrorism accounts than Neonazi/fascist, literally more than 8 times the amount of terrorist acts.

>The amount of victims at the hands of Islam, 143,456 is literally 11,954 times more than the victims of "White racism", which is embarrassing.

>What's not on this chart is that it doesn't show syrian migration, which is caused by Islamic extremism, happens to have displaced 6.5 million victims out of their home country..
>>
>>55738283
>There is NO Theology that could convince you to strap a bomb to your chest and kill innocent people, except for islam. It is a cancer upon humanity.

FTFY
>>
>>55738283
france you sound like an edgy jew who survived the holocaust.
>>
The Islamic golden age was actually thenpersian golden age. Today, sunjis continue to be anti science fanaticists while shias actually do science and not blow themselves up

The problem is sunni arabs
>>
>>55758213
Yea, but the idea Christians can't be terrorists is factually untrue.

Also, they group "secular", "political", and "anarchists" into the same group which I think is unjustified.
>>
>>55758423
aren't sunni the majority?
>>
>>55758408
I'm not French and i'm not jewish :) But my grandfather survived the II WWar, does that help?
>>
>>55758028
>implying catholicism is anti-science as protestantism

You're not a true pole. Stop faking it
>>
>>55758669
Fuck off Arab.
>>
>>55758928
lepiej podziękuj za Monte Cassino kmiocie
>>
>>55738283
But that's historically wrong, fedora tipper:

https://books.google.co.cr/books?id=GbP0RK5ZKJ4C&pg=PA69&hl=es-419

North Koreans used suicide tactics.
>>
>>55759061
I'm Polish but close enough for an American :)
>>
>>55759347
>:)
You gotta calm your autism, you heretic.
>>
Education can PREVENT Theological fanaticism, that much is true, but I don't know if it can cure it. Once they've drunk the kool-aid, it may well be too late. Just look at the less violent fanatics in Christianity, they wave off any facts that conflict with their dogma as 'the tricks of the devil'.
>>
>>55759291
as said before:
North Korea is a perfect example of a State religion. Kim Ir Sen is still president even after his death...
>>
>>55759464
:D
>>
>>55759604
>:D
>>
>>55759470
Ken Ham is a great example. It's an intelligent idiot.
>>
Islam propaganda again ? USA care about you , we France are Dead Muslim mentality (its not me !!) are everywhere ..
>>
There are literally dozens of communist groups that do this all the time. Ethnic groups completely outside of relgious reasons do this.
>>
>>55759464
thank you for calling me a Heretic. If you actually knew what that word means you wouldn't use it as a insult. You just called me a chooser in greek...
>>
>>55759874
I know what it means in my language, all your doing is moving the goalpost, faggot.
>>
>>55750482
>Crying "it needs to apply to everything because I say so!" is just being obtuse.

No Polish anon- it's called being a muslim. :^)
>>
File: 1447460041575.jpg (59 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1447460041575.jpg
59 KB, 600x600
>>55760099
you aren't making any argument to begin with fahm :)
>>
>>55759601
>>55741090
>>55740355
>>55744745
>>55753374
>>55759601
>>55756248

>various examples of non-religious institutions / organizations / beliefs
>HURR DURR THEY'RE LIKE RELIGION, RELIGION IS THE PROBLEM

seriously OP, get fucked
>>
>>55760294
>:)
Why should I argue with an idiot?
He's a faggot and a heretic degenerate.
>>
File: 1447458111920.png (126 KB, 655x666) Image search: [Google]
1447458111920.png
126 KB, 655x666
>>55760455
Well if that's how you want to play it then don't comment at all. ;^)
>>
>>55760099
>claims to know english
>cannot spell you're
>Implying i care more about the goalpost than the content of the thread
>>
>>55760372
I you cannot make a connection between Religion and Cult of a specific person then you \b\elong elsewhere.

>>55760455
generally people with nothing to add to the content are called idiots. You had nothing to add. Do the math(if you can, no pressure. No one will judge if you fail, you are American after all).
>>55760684
Fair point sir!
>>
>>55738283

What about all those commie faggots in Ceylon? They basically invented suicide bombing.
>>
>>55762136
>I you cannot make a connection between Religion and Cult of a specific person then you \b\elong elsewhere. [sic]

Like Mohammed's personal death cult that he named "islam"?

Correct.

You DO belong elsewhere.
>>
>>55762612
You just made my point. Religion is no different than any other cult or religion of state. They are all based on the same structure:
I AM DIVINE AND YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO ME
>not sure if you're backing me up or just misread what i wrote.
>>
You don't need religion or any ideology to be a peaceful human being. If you cannot grasp this toddler level simplicity of logic you cannot be helped.
>>
>>55763849
Religion has a way of making smart people think silly things from time to time.

It's like with William Lane Craig and saying the only ones wronged in the canaanite attack was the Jews because it was so psychologically traumatic to kill women and babies
>>
>>55765937
watched some interviews with him. He reminded me of this Ken Ham fella. Or some of the Republicans
>>
>>55763351
>all
>what is deism
>>
>>55760776
>on the internet
>being such a grammar-aukbar
>>
>>55766842
Watched some debates with him and many others. He uses the same arguments in every one.

People like Ken Ham are dangerous because they actually do pose a threat to science and how we understand it. In his view, forensics is useless.
>>
>>55767503
Deism is a position where you claim to know how to prove the existence of god merely by observation of the natural world and reasoning which is pretty impossible.
>>55768040
i wouldn't point that out if he didn't base his argument on knowing the English language.
>>55768298
i remember the debate between him and Bill Nye. He actually believe that gravity AS we know it did not exist 3000 years ago and you can't prove him wrong just because you weren't there.
>>
>>55768639
Me too.

The "you weren't there" thing is mind boggling considering he believes in Jesus. How the fuck?
>>
>>55768769
Kek'd so hard at this debate.
>"You know Bill there is a BOOK that explains it all in detail"
Meanwhile, the dinosaurs in his "museum" have saddles for men O.o
>>
>>55768639
This will be coming from my "Kinder-gardener's Book of Questions."
How can nothing become something?
>>
File: Crying-Laughing-Meme-09.png (67 KB, 1120x977) Image search: [Google]
Crying-Laughing-Meme-09.png
67 KB, 1120x977
>>55769130
Fucking SADDLES
>>
>>55738283

> Only religion causes suicide attacks

Japanese kamikaze pilots

> only religion causes acts of terror

French Revolution

> OP

Faggot?
>>
>>55769420
if only the French had another revolution, amirite?
>>
>>55769163
Quantum World is marvelous!
There is empty space--->BAM!--->a molecule pops into existence out of nowhere--->BAM!--->it ceases to exist without much reason or sense

I recommend lectures by Lawrence Krauss or Brian Greene.

>>55769420
Japanese kamikaze attacks? you mean when japs killed themselves for the Glory of their Emperor? A divine Figure on Earth?

If i'm not wrong every king in history claimed to have his power bestowed upon him by god. That rule applies to Louis XVI, another example of a state religion...
>>
>>55738283
its not religion but the interpretation of the people and the culture. you can be a buddhist scientist and a muslim one. religion has nothing to do with it other than being a good escape goat
>>
>>55769794
That's true. The do see the Emperor as a perfect being. They even still believe it even after surrender in WW2
>>
>>55769794
>Japanese kamikaze attacks? you mean when japs killed themselves for the Glory of their Emperor? A divine Figure on Earth?

Wait so you think the Japanese soldiers actually believed the Emperor was a God. Or perhaps more realistically they saw him as an ideal, like "Old Glory" or the declaration of Independence.

The ideal of Japanese Nationalism and the sense of exceptionalism that they had, but I'll just consider you are historically ignorant rather than being disingenuous for ignoring the Japanese secular Nationalism.

> That rule applies to Louis XVI, another example of a state religion..

Holy shit, you explain the terror of the French revolution by bringing up divine right? Are you actually from France? That has to be a proxy barbecue you are clueless
>>
>>55769803
Yes, BUT:
Sir Isaac Newton when unsuccessful in stabilizing Our solar system said that it MUST be guided by the hand of God. His religiosity STOPPED his creativity:
>If i can't understand how it works, it must be god.
200 years later Pierre Simon de Laplace actually stabilized the Solar System and presented it to Napoleon Bonaparte. Napoleon said:
>Where is a place for god in your work?
Laplace replied:
> I had no need for that hypothesis.
We are discarding that hypothesis ever since.
>>55770440
Yes in Japanese culture the Emperor is actually descended from Amaterasu(the Sun goddess)
Now , i'm not denying anything. In my Opening Post i said that Theology is the ONLY thing that commands you to kill innocents.
>Holy shit, you explain the terror of the French revolution by bringing up divine right? Are you actually from France? That has to be a proxy barbecue you are clueless
Yes, the King actually tried to defend himself in court by stating that he gained his power directly through god and he was free to do what he wanted with absolute authority. Yes i live in France but i'm not French. However, i studied carefully The French Revolution and it has come to my attention that YOU, my American friend, are clueless when it comes to European History.
>>
>>55771504
>Now , i'm not denying anything. In my Opening Post i said that Theology is the ONLY thing that commands you to kill innocents.

I see you are fucking clueless of human nature. Or do you just have no historical idea of what nationalism is?

The Japanese Kamikaze pilots were reflecting samurai spirit they were fighting for nationalism and exceptionalism not for Shinto beliefs or the divinity of the Emperor

>Yes, the King actually tried to defend himself in court by stating that he gained his power directly through god and he was free to do what he wanted with absolute authority

I'm talking about the terror you fucking moron. Robespierre and the fucking terror. Innocent people were killed there for political ideology that was not religious.

History refutes your nonsense
Thread replies: 197
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.