[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Christianity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: 1446441672439.jpg (178 KB, 1212x2048) Image search: [Google]
1446441672439.jpg
178 KB, 1212x2048
Are the crusades or violence against non-believers justified in any way in bible?
Jesus was preaching love, peace good Samaritans and other shit like that.
Ale the saint died horribly and none of them was a warrior.
No wonder jews rule the world if Christians have such weak ass religion that says that being weak pathetic poor beta that gets keked all the time is best shit possible.
>>
Christians governs individual conduct, not civil conduct. I suppose there's a distinction between civil authorities acting and individuals. Plus, Christianity has a strong 'Just War' tradition. Read Aquinas, you fucking /pol/ack.
>>
>>55735648

>secular government commenses hostilities, possibly for the defense of local faith
>Render unto Caesar, and so on
>>
File: image.jpg (153 KB, 686x266) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
153 KB, 686x266
>>55735648
I hope this is the correct image.
>>
>>55735648
http://www.catholic.com/documents/just-war-doctrine
>>
>>55735648
War is justified in the old testament. Christianity and Islam are interesting as they incorporate the previous books despite being made for completely different reasons. The romans needed population control while mohammed needed an army.
>>
>>55735842
>>55736165
That actually was exactly what I was looking for
>>
>>55735648
>Are the Crusades or violence against non-believers justified in any way in the Bible?
Certainly not. Religious fanatism is the dumbest reason to start a war.
>>
>>55735648
>Ale the saint died horribly and none of them was a warrior.

Saint Agathius.
Just search for military saints.
>>
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 640x432) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 640x432
>>55735648
The Old Testament teaches nationalism, and it's part of the bible too.
>>
I think it ultimately depends on what type of war one is fighting. Is it in defense of one's country? If so, then fighting and killing others would be a profound way to demonstrate love and sacrifice for one's countrymen.

Is it merely about oppression for economic gain? Then no, maybe staying home as a conscientious objector is the more moral choice.

Then again, there is the teaching to "render unto caesar what it caesar's"

If Caesar (the state) demands your life for its preservation, should you say yes?

I think it depends on one's opinions. If you want to fight you can find justifications in the bible, if you want to object you can also find justifications.

The Crusades themselves were about retaking the Holy Land from Muslims, so that Christians may live there. In a very real way, the Crusades were defending Christians.
>>
What are you talking about l, in every religion your told to kill non beleavers.

I mean have you read the Bible.
>>
true christians wouldn't let women look like the one in OP post
>>
>>55735648
it's more justified than passivism which is metaphorical and just bases.
>>
>>55736444
The Bible teaches to kill to establish your peoples homeland is justified by God.
>>
>>55735648
Matthew 10:34
>>
>>55736792
Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.
matthew 10:34 , qoute from jesus christ
>>
>>55735648

Seems you've already made your decision on the righteousness of Christianity.

Why ask?
>>
>>55736649
The Bible speaks about nations, and nations always were racial lands.
>>
>>55735648
i'd rape that with my muslim cock
>>
>>55735648
Catholic church was the main reason Jews were put in their place for so long.
>>
>>55735648
Who was St. Ignatius of Loyola?
Who was Joan of Arc?
Why is St. Michael the Archangel the patron saint of soldiers?
>>
>>55736889
I didn't. I don't want to be a degenerate. But I also don't want to be weak.
And all I wast thought about religion in my country was that Jesus was some kind of hippie that loved peace and was weak in general. Love thy neighbour cause god is within all of us. Not about fighting for what is right.
>>
>>55737072
>Ignatius of Loyola

Bad example. He quit being a soldier after he converted, though the Jesuits were organized military style.
>>
>>55737217

The only thing we can do now is emulate him.

We, as mortals, are very capable of war.
>>
The non black "jews" in israel today are not the real "jews"!! nor are they the "jews" of the bible or the messiahs time. the term "jew" is a n abbreviated form of JUDAH, which would mean you belonged to said tribe. there are 12 tribes that make up israel why does the world only follow what these fake "jews" claim? here are the tribes names, Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Judah, Issachar, Zebulun, Joseph, Benjamin, Dan, Naphtali, Gad, Asher. those "jews you see with a skull cap and a shaved face aren't following the torah, there is no proof that they are LEVITES. (which are the only tribe required to wear skull caps 24/7 and not trim or shave their beard esp. for the dead.) most "jews would answer that they are from judah, levi or benjamin, but if you look at history what color was nebuchadrezzar? how about king darius? queen sheva? or any ancient egyptian pharoah? hmmmm...
>>
>>55735648
On November 27, 1095, Pope Urban II makes perhaps the most influential speech of the Middle Ages, giving rise to the Crusades by calling all Christians in Europe to war against Muslims in order to reclaim the Holy Land, with a cry of “Deus vult!” or “God wills it!”
>>
>>55735648
and it ended with this. Warriors who hear my voice, you who will go to war, rejoice, because you are taking up a legitimate war … Arm yourselves with the sword of the Maccabees and go to defend the house of Israel who is the daughter of the Lord of Armies.
It is no longer a matter of avenging just the injuries made to men, but rather those made to God. It is no longer a matter of attacking a city or a castle, but of conquering the Holy Places. If you triumph, the blessings of Heaven and the kingdoms of Asia will be your reward. If you succumb, you will achieve the glory of dying in the same Land where Jesus Christ died, and God will not forget that He saw you in the Holy Militia.
Do not cowardly stay in your homes with profane affections and sentiments. Soldiers of God, hear nothing but the laments of Sion. Break all your earthly bonds and remember what the Lord said: “He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me…. And every one that forsakes his houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for My name's sake, shall receive a hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.
>>
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 300x290) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 300x290
>>55735648
There are conditions for a just war, if I remember them right
>just cause
>strong chance of victory
>pros outweigh the cons
>must be a last resort

I can't remember the last one, it might be no excessive force, but I'm non sure

Source: taught in A private catholic school

I wish the church wasn't as c.ucked today, we used to be great

>tfw pope Julius 2 will never lead your army into war wearing full battle armor
>>
>>55738506
hey i have questen for you. in genesis 6 where the sons og god have sex with humans what happend to the childen. can you tell me more about that ?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.