[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw work as a walmart cart pusher >everyday i am happy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 223
Thread images: 30
File: 0182 - xdb9AM2.png (54 KB, 470x698) Image search: [Google]
0182 - xdb9AM2.png
54 KB, 470x698
>tfw work as a walmart cart pusher
>everyday i am happy to be making the money i make, $11 an hour to do simple mindless work
>every day though i hear my coworkers bitching.
>"i dont make enough money"
>"this work is so dumb and boring"
>"blah blah i dont make enough money"
>"im not appreciated"
>"i hate having to do this"

it literally kills me that people are getting paid this much money to do simple work, and they still aren't happy enough. i admit: i make too much money for what i do. and people want the wages INCREASED?
>>
>>55734457

>$11 an hour

that's crazy, that's the same as my job where i actually have an understanding of tools/equipment although i do get on-the-job training for it so take that as you will
>>
>>55734457

>happy with 11$ an hour

let me guess, you live with your parents and pay absolutely no bills..
>>
>>55734457
Nice chub n tuck frog meme
>>
>>55734719
It's actually quite nice, m8. We have a lovely house on the lake. It allows me to have a social life -- ie go downtown with some friends -- and help spend money on groceries and surprising my parents with gifts.
>>
I want to be a cart pusher for $11

That's pretty good compensation for mindless work that a robot could do
>>
>>55734719
I'm 18 and saving some cash before moving onto college.

Another thing I hate hearing:
>"oh cashiers get paid MOAR and they do less work!"
I have a friend who is a cashier and he says the work isn't as easy as everyone thinks, especially on the fucking tough hectic days.
>>
>>55734457
The idea is that they should be paid more, not because the job they do is simple/mindless/boring, but because they know the job well enough to not fuck it up, and to reward the employee for doing functions outside of their job description.

That's why raises were a thing for a long time.
>>
>>55734878

i can confirm this

i tried to be cashier, my body was not fast enough
>>
And your co-workers are why Self-Checkout is a thing.

And I fucking hate self-checkout.
>>
>>55734863
It's not really when you factor in the opportunity cost.
>>
>>55734848
Wait til you have bills son

But I work with chimps at 19 an hour who are lazier than the average fast food worker and they say the same shit
>>
File: 1440545183925.jpg (90 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1440545183925.jpg
90 KB, 645x773
>>55734955
thanks to technology, jobs are now developed so streamlined that it's almost impossible to fuck up

>mfw I realize this is Brave New World tier
>>
File: 1408455365644.jpg (237 KB, 1600x1067) Image search: [Google]
1408455365644.jpg
237 KB, 1600x1067
>>55734457
>i make too much money for what i do
I prefer to think that you are a shill for some right-wing think tank, because otherwise you are the most pathetic person I think I've come across on this board - and that's saying something.

Capitalism doesn't pay people what they deserve. Capitalism sets wages according to what the market rate for labour is. You try to screw your employer out of every cent possible, and they do the same to you. If you ask for too much your employer fires you and if they offer too little you leave - that's how it works. If you are basing your satisfaction with your pay package on how easy you think your job if then you have fundamentally misunderstood capitalism. The only criteria for deciding whether you're paid enough is whether or not someone else is willing to offer more.

I usually hate using the term 'sheeple', but really you leave me no choice. Americans really do seem to be brainwashed corporate drones.
>>
>>55734977
You arent paid to be a cashier because the work is hard neccesarily, its more that the work sucks too much to be a full staff with a lower wage than current.
>>
>>55735741
Jeeze simmer down there anon.
>>
>>55734457
nice chub n tuck
>>
>>55735741

rage much bro?
>>
File: 1443405845980.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1443405845980.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>>55734457
I feel you OP, I work stock at a grocery store. It's easy money, very low stress, and I make slightly above min. wage. All of my coworkers do nothing but relentlessly complain about their pay, and how bored they are.
>>
>>55735871
>>55736091
I'm sorry but I have reached my stupidity limit for this week. Possibly because my facebook is being spammed by 'not all Muslims' crap, but still.
>>
>>55736308
I mean shit - boring is good. boring is safe. I like boring. I like routines. Maybe it's my Social Anxiety and autism talking but Cart Pushing is the best job in the world. It's fucking simple. No fucking dumb bullshit, just me running around grabbing carts.
>>
>>55735206

he wasn't even the same ID new friend..

but yeh you have a point its bizarre, when i worked in a factory at 16 my coworkers were the fucking laziest do nothing fucking immigrant pieces of shit I never encountered working anywhere else for 10 or 11 bucks

I had to quit it felt like I was literally in prison with all the fucking ethnic gangs
>>
How much do Americans tip their cashiers?
>>
>>55735741

>Capitalism doesn't pay people what they deserve.

You're right it pays them what they accept. You can always live in the wild and hunt for food.

I'm almost a millionaire, and I was dishes for fun for minimum wage. lol

People like you will never get the world runs on people like you to do nothing, to not help themselves, to always wait for someone else to come along to fix their problem.

People like you give me reason to live. Just another stone to step on.

Man up or just kill yourself, seriously. You're not getting any younger and live isn't going to get any easier.

I find it hard people like you even exist.

Do you realize there is people banging down your door for a job, and you cannot even be happy with the lot you have.
>>
>>55736809
they dont
>>
I'm a Kmart cashier. But because I'm a male I am also told to bring in carts and, maintenance, and stock shelves. Females are rarely told to do those things and we all make $7.25/hr
>>
>literally kills me
I don't think you know what "literally" means.
>>
>>55736809
Kek. afaik all the big chains don't allow tips in their policies
>>
>>55736961

Don't let it beat you down bud, become superior. You won't be doing that forever, so keep your head on greener pastures.
>>
>>55737066

maybe he an heroed after pressing send
>>
File: funny-tip-jar-paul-rudd-seal.jpg (53 KB, 450x602) Image search: [Google]
funny-tip-jar-paul-rudd-seal.jpg
53 KB, 450x602
>>55736884
There's tip jars...
>>
>>55737066
sick no pill
>>
>>55737175
Don't worry anon, it's still easy work. It just irks me my job title says cashier but I do the work of 2 different positions without any pay raise
>>
>>55737325
I only see tip jars at Chinese places. Maybe because I live in a more urban area
>>
File: 1287343903359.jpg (10 KB, 275x297) Image search: [Google]
1287343903359.jpg
10 KB, 275x297
OP kill those ungrateful fucks they're doing nearly no work at all for good money and still complain about it. Scum like that doesn't deserve a life
>>
>>55737325

my mind short circuited and i swear it said "who would you club?" for a second.
>>
>>55735206

I make about $23/h and people who make probably a bit less than me bitch about being broke too, people are just greedy. It's human nature.
>>
>>55736859
>You can always live in the wild and hunt for food.

Except you can't because you'll get arrested for camping without a permit, hunting without a permit, having a domicile that is not connected properly to a power grid or with safe water systems, collecting rainwater, etc
>>
File: 409.png (78 KB, 274x320) Image search: [Google]
409.png
78 KB, 274x320
>>55734457

>that's right, goy. Be happy with what you have. After all, you're not some hippy-commie-librul, are you? mindless jobs with no future are the best too. Anything to keep you from thinking. Thinking is bad for you.
>>
it's because they think that literally all employment should be able to provide a lifetime of financial support, when it's obvious some jobs are for kids or young people in college, and that's all... a stepping stone job.

the assumption is that you will eventually move up the career ladder as you get older, not decide "yes, this is my career for life, now give me enough money to afford a mortgage for a half decent house"
>>
>>55738038

Yeah, if you move a mile outside of the city. Did you know alaska is half the size of the continental US ? You could live out there like a king, but that would mean not making excuses and getting the fuck off your ass.

Imagine the life of having to work all day just to feed yourself, and not have time for anything. Sure would be nice. Not.
>>
>>55736859
I don't know what the fuck you're trying to say; nothing in your post bears any relation to what I wrote.

>I'm almost a millionaire
I'm guessing it's the thought of your workers negotiating for better salaries that's turning your brain to incoherent mush.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-11-14-17-27-50-1.jpg (448 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-11-14-17-27-50-1.jpg
448 KB, 1080x1920
>tfw conductor on railroad
>union job
>good seniority after 5 years
>awesome health insurance and pension
>don't even know what to do with my $80k a year so I just save it all
>2014 truck paid off already
>$100k in equity on house from paying mortgage 2x monthly and renovations
>don't even really appreciate job cause it takes up all my time
>seeing this thread makes me appreciate it
>if poor son of a bitch making $11 is happy why aren't I
>perspective
>>
Could someone please explain this cart pusher occupation? That can't be their only job.
>>
>>55738832
>union scum

the fuck off pol, commie bitch
>>
>>55736308

I work in bakery of grocery store. I want to mass murder everyone simply because the same 30-50 pop songs repeat every single day.

LIKE SHIPS IN THE NIIIIGHT KEEP PASSING ME BYYYYYYY
>>
>>55739109
It is but I've never seen or heard of a cart pusher who wasn't literally a retard
Retards either push carts or sort glass it seems
>>
>>55738832

Who do you work for, anon? I am an engineer for CP. I heard the American conductors for CP accepted a move to hourly wage in the last contract. Spooky.
>>
>>55739553

Underage people have to be cart pushers too. They can't legally do much else. Can't handle money, can't run the cardboard thing, can't do shit. Some hot fuckin young 17 yr old ass...some of those baggers/cart people.
>>
>friend and I were at Walmart yesterday >black female cashier
>wait in line like normal
>she starts throwing a fit when one more group of people behind us gets in line
>it's another black woman
>girl tells woman "honey you need to leave this line, my light is off I'm goin home"
>they start fighting, girl keeps repeating she's off work
>woman leaves
>girl keeps bitching to us and the group in front of us about how she gets off at 7
>"I already gave this place muh life today baka"
>"you say I get off at 7, I get off at 7"
>complains and complains, absolutely smashing couples bread
>she bitches about her job and how shes staying late until we leave
>get in car
>clock says 6:50

Yeah such hard workers
>>
>>55734457
Most people are incredibly bad when it comes to budgeting. And not to mention people are just lazy in general.

I live with my parents and hold down a $9/hour job but this is because I'm busy doing graduate school too.

My only complaint about my hob is that they heckle me for being a bit slow sometimes but that's just because of sleep deprivation naturally making me slow and I like to make sure things are done right. I don't drink the caffeinated jew either to perk myself up. Other employees may be faster but they fuck up all the time whereas I rarely fuck up.
>>
>>55739434
Its the same way at stop and shop
every day
Every 2 hours
WOORDS CAAANT BRIING MEE DOOWN
>>
>>55739434
You're going to miss those shitty pop songs when the Christmas songs start playing for the next month and a half. For now it's not much but after Thanksgiving it's going to be fucking Jingle Bell Rock all day.
>>
I've worked in multiple warehouses and steel and aluminum factories and I want to strangle these assholes trying to pretend working as a cashier or McDonald's cook is hard work. Try working in a hot ass factory picking up and throwing 40 pound chunks of metal for 12 hours a day for 15 dollars an hour. You can't take any breaks either because that would stop production.
>>
>>55734457
I work $9/hr making breaks, keels me busy and away from.degeneracy
>>
>>55734457
When I worked retail the only people that complained were the dumb asses that were living above their means. Multiple kids, living in an apartment or house that cost too much, often single mothers.

Maybe, just maybe, if you didn't want to go to school and get a better education or even learn a trade, you shouldn't have had 2 kids from two different guys? Maybe you shouldn't have cable, netflix, a new smartphone every year, hulu+?

Seriously, I never understood those people. You're at the bottom of society because of the choices you made. You don't deserve more just because you want more.
>>
>>55738038
>Can't collect rain water

You've got to be kidding me america
>>
>>55739583
Conductor for Csx, no hourly wage here. IS it your guys or the other Canadian one that got taken over by Bill Ackman?
>>
>>55735741
This, despite the rage
>>
>>55740761

We are the ones that got taken by ackman and received the gift of hunter harrison. We're still paid by milage in canada.
>>
>>55736859
>I'm almost a millionaire, and I was dishes for fun for minimum wage. lol

Out of so many jobs you could do for fun, you choose washing dishes?
>>
File: 1436106672318.jpg (130 KB, 467x260) Image search: [Google]
1436106672318.jpg
130 KB, 467x260
>>55735741
>criticizes capitalism based on a subjective judgement and offers no positive solution
>>
How long have you been working there? I felt like blowing my fucking brains out every night when I worked at the counter of a department store. It was boring to the point of depression for me.

I really can't understand how someone could feel at all content doing that kind of work full-time.
>>
>Tfw work at Mcdonalds
>Making $20.30 an hour
I'd much prefer to work somewhere better, but I don't live outside my means, so I'm not stressed for money or anything...
>>
>>55740926
IS Harrison awful?
Our jobs are mileage based also.

Thanks for that fiery derailment btw, set back single man crews for at least a couple years down here.
>>
>>55740459

>I do hard manual labor for 12 hours straight without taking a break 5 days a week

It's obvious you are lying retard. You don't live in China. I don't think burger flippers think they are doing harder work than imaginary jobs invented to sound cool on the internet, but I'm sure they feel they work harder than $6 an hour warrants.

Plenty of people do far less than the McDonald's chef and get paid more.
>>
>>55741033
Who the fuck said I was criticising capitalism? Whether it's a good or bad system is beside the point - for better or worse it's what we have. I was simply pointing out that OP's behaviour was completely at odds with the economic system he's living in.
>>
>>55734457
I make the same as you, but with a bs in physics. I fell for the STEM meme and am making far less than I should
>>
>>55741656

The job was really cushy under fred green and it's more in line with CN now. Harrison sold off a lot of shit though and a lot of guys hate him for what he says in intervieews but it's still not a bad job by any means.
>>
File: 454545858.jpg (36 KB, 400x268) Image search: [Google]
454545858.jpg
36 KB, 400x268
>>55734457

Not everyone lives in the Ozarks and pays $130/mo for trailer rental.
>>
>>55739434
>>55740440

iktf, i got my apprenticeship at a grocery store baker and the holidays were a fucking nightmare.

This was by far the worst though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMhMekfIyos
>>
>>55742911
lol, my local grocery store, Woolworths plays 80's pop music, even during Christmas usually...
It actually mostly seems to be from the GTA: Vice City Stories soundtrack, funnily enough.
>>
>>55734457
Fuck you I'm Cap 2 and I only make 9.
>>
File: costco.jpg (240 KB, 535x697) Image search: [Google]
costco.jpg
240 KB, 535x697
>>55734457
You're aware Costco has a "Parking Lot Attendant" position right?

Pic related is what they're paid (Service Assistant grade)

Still happy?
>>
>>55744028

costco serves middle class+ clientele tho

walmart serves niggers and white trash
>>
>>55744227
It serves anyone able to afford a $55 membership.
>>
>>55744028

>25/h for being a cashier

that's pretty fucking good m8.
>>
>>55744394

>membership
>ability to plan ahead and buy in bulk

this is beyond the nigger
>>
>>55744028
>>55744451
Things aren't as simple as they appear.

It probably has very selective hiring and is difficult to get in.
>>
>Push carts, bag groceries and carry them out for customers at a grocery store for just above min. wage
>Occasionally people try to tip me for my work
>Turn them down every time
I don't get how waitcu.cks can accept tips, it's fucking embarrassing. Why should a customer be paying me more than the value of my labor?
>>
>>55744451
Sure dude, just work at Costco for 25 years and you too can be making 25 dollars an hour to be a cashier.
>>
>>55744451
I'm a bit older but holy fuck I envy the kids coming in.

They get a part time job doing whatever when they're 18 and then just put in their 25hrs a week and pile on the hours in holidays/xmas etc. By the time they've finished college or uni they're probably already earning $15 or $16 easy. Then they just stay. By the time they're like 25 they're pulling in about $55k with the way costco pays bonuses.
>>
>>55744565
I applied online and got called in for an interview less than a week later. Got hired on the spot after a 15 minute interview. It's really not that hard to get in.

I don't do cashier though...that's one of the shittest jobs in the whole place. Dealing with fucktard members? lol no thanks.
>>
>>55744804
>25 years

lol. Most people get to "top scale" in about 6 years.
>>
>>55744944
>I applied online and got called in for an interview less than a week later. Got hired on the spot after a 15 minute interview.

There's gotta be some catch for earning that much full-time.

It makes no sense for a company to be paying that much more for no reason. Maybe it's only super-selective for full-time positions and seasonal/part-time jobs.

>>55745052
There we go lol. 6+ years to earn a pathetic $50k/yr? That's sad for anyone who respects themselves.
>>
File: ford-bug-eyed.jpg (13 KB, 500x238) Image search: [Google]
ford-bug-eyed.jpg
13 KB, 500x238
>always buy beer from the same convenience store
>always the same ugly redneck
>feel bad for her
>hear her talking to some guy and she says she's making $200 a night now
>retarded redneck cigarette and beer merchant makes more than me
>>
>>55745198
Get a job at a highend restaurant senpai.

You can make a lot more money by being an amazing server at an expensive restaurant.
>>
>>55734878
Being a cashier is fucking hell. The only upside to this is that time flies since you hardly ever have time to let your mind wander, making work days seem shorter.
Moving carts around is where it's at, you can daydream all you want and it's chill as fuck. I wish my boss let me listen to music on the job, it would have been the best job I ever had.
Does /pol/ know of any other comfy job like that?
>>
>>55745198
>>55745327
I was about to respond to the same thing desu.

I work Friday and Saturday, probably 10 hours a week at most, and pull in 50k a year.
>>
>>55734878
>cashier
replaceable by a robot.
>>
>>55745128

>50k
>"pathetic"

m8 the median income is something like 30k, 50k is more than enough to live a nice comfy lifestyle. I earn just slightly more than that and I have almost no debt and I drive a four year old BMW and I'm able to save like $1k/m. If I had a wife who worked we'd be pretty set.
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 600x450
>>55734457
Nobody cares what you think,cartboy.

Go post your fecless drivel somewhere else.
>>
>>55745128
>There's gotta be some catch for earning that much full-time.

Nope. They even have a good pension and benefits too. I even get 3 full executive memberships free (in addition to my own free) to give to whoever the fuck wants them lel.

>>55745128
Depends. If you're not "MUH STEM DEGREE" or just fancy a pretty easy job with minimal stress that pays decently then it has it's upsides. In the context of this thread (comparing to other shitholes like walmart) it's a pretty sweet gig.
>>
>>55734457
>it literally kills me that people are getting paid this much money to do simple work

this would mean something if hard work actually paid out, it doesn't

also, you are a kike shill so fuck off
>>
>>55744550
I doubt white trash are any better at that.
>>
I tried to apply to both Wal-Mart and Target yesterday as a stocker for both and couldn't get past putting in my social security card number. Just going to talk to a friend tomorrow and see if I can work for him for a while. At least I won't have to take a drug test which invades my privacy. Don't do drugs anyway.
>>
>>55745735
I applied for a stocking job at Fred Meyer's a few years back and they handed me a fucking 5 page psych evaluation sheet. I just tossed it and left, what a retarded barrier of entry.
>>
File: 1446570454189.jpg (196 KB, 977x635) Image search: [Google]
1446570454189.jpg
196 KB, 977x635
>>55745483
>>55745554
$50k/yr really isn't much at all. The median income is so low because most people are subhumans.

Majoring in STEM/business and actually working hard pays more.

Hell starting salaries for Junior Accountants at Deloitte is usually $55k/yr.

Hell if you work a proper job like that + you do freelancing/your own projects/business in the free time you can easily make $120k/yr+ with minimal effort. It's all about how you apply yourself. Never let yourself waste time and make earning money like a game.

In my opinion it's degrading and incredibly degenerate to be earning under $60k/yr in North America. Money is just so easy to make if you apply yourself. You can drive a car for uber, shit you can buy fucking icecream and a cooler and sell it to people for a couple bucks in a busy spot.
>>
>>55745915
>You can drive a car for uber, shit you can buy fucking icecream and a cooler and sell it to people for a couple bucks in a busy spot.
Maybe if you live somewhere where that's viable.
>>
>>55739212
>>55738832
yea fucking union shit

DESU i'm jelly, but all you union niggers still have the audacity to complain.

All union employees are like children.
>>
>>55746045
>Maybe if you live somewhere where that's viable.

It's viable for the vast majority of people, and nonetheless it was just an example.

The point is that it's really easy to make money if you actually put your head to it and get off your ass. There is opportunities all around us, you don't have to work for a boss you can do shit on your own instead of always asking for permission from the world.
>>
>>55745915

>everyone who isn't making six figures is a loser

internet rich guy pls go, 50-60k is a perfectly comfortable salary.
>>
>>55744028
800 hours?

pff
>>
>>55745915
So what you doing/getting paid? This is where a time stamped pay cheque is required to prove you're not an autistic 17yr old who has never worked.

$50k is fine enough to live off for many people...plus you can easily move up in Costco because they'll only hire managers from within. Get to the stage where you're one of the warehouse management team and you could be getting well north of 100k to walk around and tell people to fix shit.

>You can drive a car for uber

Yea good luck with that considering it's a grey area at best in most cities and insurance companies will LOL the moment you have any sort of accident.
>>
>>55745915

>$50k/yr really isn't much at all

Oh I get it. you're still in high school
>>
>>55734719
let me guess

you're a liberal with bad money management.

you also hate your parents for some reason lel.
>>
File: 1422830270959.png (29 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1422830270959.png
29 KB, 633x758
>>55746348
>living in San Francisco
>tfw it's literally chump change
>can barely afford a roof over my head
To make things worse I am literally surrounded by c.ucks and feminst in a city that smells like pee.
>>
I earn 3-4 times less and I'm a software developer. God bless Poland!
>>
I was hired by Walmart today, actually. Going to be working as an associate in the electronics isle. What can I expect? This is my first real job and the only time I ever hear people talk about working there is about how awful it is, which has made me pretty nervous.
>>
>>55746261
>internet rich guy pls go, 50-60k is a perfectly comfortable salary.

Just barely, but it depends on what you want from life. $50-60k/yr after taxes and basic necessities isn't all that much left, especially not enough to invest to be able to achieve financial independence in the near future.

>>55746348
Maybe in Thailand it is. But like I said most internships and starting salaries are around $50k/yr, and that's just for beginners... Once you work a few years you're in a good spot to be earning a lot more.

>>55746292
>$50k is enough to live off for many people

My bachelor apartment in Toronto is $1.5k/yr. I'd be just barely scraping by after food, car, clothes, partying, etc. Not to mention my vacations and investments. Nah it wouldn't be enough for me.
>>
>>55736809
Surely you jest.
>>
File: incrediblemath.jpg (14 KB, 480x264) Image search: [Google]
incrediblemath.jpg
14 KB, 480x264
>>55734848
You sound like a good son, anon.
>>
File: even ducks are laughing.gif (2 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
even ducks are laughing.gif
2 MB, 400x225
>>55746747
>My bachelor apartment in Toronto is $1.5k/yr. I'd be just barely scraping by after food, car, clothes, partying, etc. Not to mention my vacations and investments. Nah it wouldn't be enough for me.

Cool story. Still waiting for that pay cheque pic friend.

>mfw it turns out you're still a student and you go to Ryerson
>>
a couple months ago we had threads here about how wal mart raised wages for all full time employees to appease the plebs, costing them over a billion $
>>
>>55746747
Did you mean 15k/yr? $1500 a year is dirt cheap. Also are you talking US dollars or Canadian dollars?
>>
>>55746747
I make over 50k, and can afford stupid things like a fancy computer and a new car, as well as supporting me and my girlfriend. I think I could consider myself truly comfy with about 10k more per year, though. I'm almost but not quite to the point where I don't really worry about money.
>>
>>55747254
He meant $1,500 a month...which is what idiots pay for a shoebox in Toronto.
>>
>>55736809
30%
>>
>>55747222
>full time employees
>WalMart
So only the managers?
>>
>>55734457
>make equivalent of $46k
>this is entry level salary
>work from home 2 days a week, basically days off
>waterfall method testing department, so we have like 2 months where we're really busy, then 3 or so months where we do fuck all
>next level up at the same company I make $73k
>at other companies I could easily make $100k

It's a disgrace that I even get paid for what I do, to be honest.

I don't think testing will ever fully be automated, especially when it comes to more physical aspects of testing, and even if they do, you'll need to test the automation processes and the robutts.
>>
Nice chub n tuck, you really nailed it. Great work.
>>
>>55747346
That's twice what I pay here in California.
>>
>>55734457
I hear you. I work in a warehouse for $12 an hour five days a week, 9 hours. I'm actually really thankful to have such a simple but well paying job for what it is. I help pay for some utilities I commonly use (internet, water, gas, and so on) and then just save the rest. No bitch to worry about, no jews to worry about paying back stacked with interest, just my time, my money, and my choices.

This is the life for the future citizen.
>>
>>55747006
>I'm going to take a picture of my paystub and post it on a Cambodian NoodleCooking Forum

Nah f a m.

>>55747254
Whoops I mean't $1.5k/mth yeah.

>>55747346
>He meant $1,500 a month...which is what idiots pay for a shoebox in Toronto.

Not really, there is some really quite nice apartments in a nice area for about $1.5k/mth. For not living in Scarborough and in a nice looking apt you can pay a bit more senpai.

>>55747277
I mean it's enough to live off without starving, sure. But if your plans are for something bigger such as financial independence and not having to work anymore in your 30's, you need to aim higher.
>>
>>55746631
Then move. I myself live in Orlando and it isn't half bad besides the tourists, occasional rowdy niggers and homeless beggars. Though there are a lot of Puerto Ricans. However I don't have issues with them since I'm Hispanic myself (though not Puerto Rican).
>>
>>55747565
Remember CAD isn't at parity any more...unless your rent is like $600 USD

I live about an hour from Toronto and I pay like $1100 but it's for 1,000 sq ft and 2 large bedrooms. The other guy in his "bachelor" probably has <600 sq ft. It's ok though...he has clothes to buy and parties to go to where he regales other cardigan wearers with tales of their superior status in life. He comments on "investments" but wastes large sums renting a tiny apartment in motherfucking Toronto.

In summary:

LOL
>>
>>55734701

Your job that actually uses a skill or trade will work way better on a resume for a future job though.
>>
>>55734457
>$11 an hour at Walmart
>work in a hospital as a nurse tech, deal with people dying, people that can legitimately get me sick with AIDS and a variety of droplet, contact, and airborne pathogens, deal with deathly ill people, deal with people that are only there to die, and a variety of other bullshit
>get paid $7.50 an hour
I legitimately hate my fucking life.
>>
Worked in a supermarket for nearly 4 years, first as a cart pusher, then as a cashier and now in the warehouse unloading deliveries that come in and breaking down the stock for it to go out onto the shopfloor. Out of all of these roles i've had i'd say the first one was probably the best just because of how easy it was, but got mind numbingly boring and repetitive. Being a cashier was shit and makes you realize that the majority of people literally have no basic manners at all. Now I hate my life working in the warehouse as im constantly busy as fuck and get barely any breaks. Plus i'm on the same wage since i first started even though i have to do the most work out of all of the other staff and managers.
God i hate retail
>>
>>55747922
>He comments on "investments" but wastes large sums renting a tiny apartment in motherfucking Toronto.

It's not a waste of money if it's close to my job and to things I need.

Why would I spend all fucking day commuting to wherever i need to go to in order to save a measly $400/month? It makes no sense.
>>
>>55748049
You could make more playing a guitar on the street corner.

It's cvcks like you that make everything shit because youre willing to be a slave
>>
mfw I just applied to walmart and set 9 dollars as the minimum I'm willing to work.

Fuck, I undersold myself.
>>
>>55748077
>Being a cashier was shit and makes you realize that the majority of people literally have no basic manners at all.
Was it really that bad? What kind of shit did you see on a regular basis to make you have this impression?
>>
>>55748144
My commute is 6 minutes. Bet yours isn't unless you live on the same block as your workplace. And if you do...sad bastard.
>>
>>55745894

It's a little ridiculous what you have to go to in order to be hired for the simplest thing. Went to apply at K-mart a few years ago and had to go through nine thousand pages of shit it seemed like. Went in to talk to the manager and saw tons of niggers there. Only niggers, actually, save for the manager.

Good stuff.
>>
File: feels fantastic.png (31 KB, 659x609) Image search: [Google]
feels fantastic.png
31 KB, 659x609
>>55748389
Hear the cashiers in my work crying all the time about this or that. Usually cuntish customers or the fact their feet hurt or they didn't get to take a break in the first 3 hours of their shift. Here...have a fucking lollipop.

>mfw working in a department where there is basically no customer interaction.
>>
>>55748436
>My commute is 6 minutes.

We can't all work at Costco man.

Some people need to be earning well over $100k/yr in order to satisfy their hedonistic desires.
>>
File: 1395598518346.png (5 KB, 215x285) Image search: [Google]
1395598518346.png
5 KB, 215x285
>>55748726
and yet here you are sitting on a taiwanese origami design exchange board on a saturday night instead of being a hedonist.

yep, just going to chuckle softly at how full of shit you are.
>>
>>55748049
dude, quit being such a wagekuck for the pharmajewtical industries. Taco fucking bell starts people at $10 in my city, not a big city either.
>>
>>55748865
I'm doing some work and happened to be browsing 4chan while taking a short break. Why do people always get so judgmental when they find out you make more than them?
>>
>>55748049
Get another job. Seriously I work in retail but mostly stock and moving merchandise. The only downside is fatigue from standing long hours and some heavy lifting. And I get paid $9 and hour to do this, much better than you do for a more hazardous job.
>>
File: 1309361576001.png (44 KB, 245x212) Image search: [Google]
1309361576001.png
44 KB, 245x212
>>55748049
Talk about underpaid ugh you poor bastard.
>>
>>55744028
>12/hr for being a cashier
>meanwhile I'm making 8.75 at McDonalds doing basically everything

Never do fast food ever
>>
>>55748389
The worst thing that happened to me was the time i had just finished serving this woman when she pulled out some coupons from her pocket and was like "I WANTED TO USE THESE!!!" and was getting really mad for no reason. Like how the fuck was i supposed to know? You're meant to hand over the coupons before you pay, i'm not a mind reader. Anyway i explained to her that i could get a supervisor to refund the transaction and then i'd re-scan all of her shopping so that she could us the stupid fucking coupons but no she just started losing her shit at me and started calling me all sorts of things because she didn't get to use her dumb coupons. I was relativity calm at this point and again explained to her that i could have the problem resolved but she just kept going on and on and on. So after a few minutes of putting up her shit i start getting pissed off with her telling her the way she was treating me was out of order and not needed and told her to fuck off politely as possible. This is when she really lost her shit and took offence and was saying how she doesn't have to put up with this sort of crap and how she could shop elsewhere (even though it was totally her fault and was blowing things out of proportion) so i laughed at her and said okay then go shop somewhere else. She then grabbed me by the neck and was trying to find my name badge so she could go report me. I continued laughing and was like yeah okay go report me.I couldn't help but laugh at how pathetic she was being but about 5 minutes later when she finally left i was pissed off at the fact she actually got me by the throat and pretty much assaulted me. I shouldn't have to put up with that at work, if it was i guy who done it i would have definitely punched them.
>>
File: victoriabc.jpg (172 KB, 990x530) Image search: [Google]
victoriabc.jpg
172 KB, 990x530
>>55747720

>tfw I live in a much nicer city and pay half as much rent for a large 1br apartment with parking for my BMW

no wonder you're so fucking salty
>>
File: 1410659839176.gif (1 MB, 390x293) Image search: [Google]
1410659839176.gif
1 MB, 390x293
>>55748049
What the fuck? Are you an apprentice or doing this for med school or something? I make more at fucking McDonalds.

You need to rethink your entire life.
>>
>>55749880
>>55749880
In the end she did report me to my manager, but someone had already told them that something was kicking off on the other side of the store and she'd seen the woman get hold of me on the cctv cameras. I thought i was going to get fired or something for reacting to the woman but my manager didn't give a shit and basically said don't worry about it.
>the woman was meant to be banned from the store after this
>still see her regularly
>moans about things and gets angry with staff at every possible chance

Some people are just really pathetic
>>
>>55750062
Nice man.

I'm not salty though, I'm just sharing my thoughts. I am not mad at all in any way and I'm happy for you.
>>
>>55750062
>I live off my friend and I walk to work
>>
>>55750387

in that case I'm sorry for being a cunt.

I agree that everyone should strive for more if that makes them happy. I'm living comfortably at ~52k but it's early in my career and I'm always hustling for more. I just think it's shitty to suggest an honest living on 50k is anything to look down on.

>>55750444

I'm not sure what you're implying. I just got into a nice CPO '11 E90 and I live alone.
>>
>>55744394
Yeah, middle class and up. Poor people wouldn't pay $55 just to get let in the door. Even if you save money in the long run, stupid poor people aren't going to think that far ahead
>>
>>55734457
america and canada are the only countries where the people who make the least money are still far wealthier than an average person in many other parts of the world.
>>
>>55750550
>I just think it's shitty to suggest an honest living on 50k is anything to look down on

My point was that if you don't settle for average it's very easy to make a lot of money in North America.

Now if you're from Cambodia or Bangladesh or something you're fucked even if you finish the top university in the capital and work as hard as possible(unless you're incredibly innovative).
>>
Most of the whiners are people who likely loaded up on debt from college and couldn't find work in their field because they thought they'd coast by on their bachelor's degree and nothing more.
>>
>>55734457
I only made minimum wage working the same job.

It was fun though. Easy, private, and always more work to do. And when there wasn't, I could sit in the cart bay and read/play gameboy

Also i lost like 40lbs that summer from all the walking around, and I got a tan/bleached hair from the sun. Got laid that fall.

Thanks Walmart
>>
Most bitching i see are 35 year olds with two kids working a job meant to fund a teenager / young adult.

I mean, everythings gone to shit as far as job markets are concerned around the world. But i don't understand why they suddenly expect shit tier work to pay their entire lives. It sucks, but it's more to do with them making shitty life decisions than 'da greedy corparations stealin our munniez!'
>>
File: sudoku.png (342 KB, 394x394) Image search: [Google]
sudoku.png
342 KB, 394x394
>>55749644
>>55749306
>>55748871
>>55750303
What makes it worse is that I, typically, get about an hours worth of break in my 12 hour shifts. I wipe people's bottoms. I put them on bed pans. I literally, and figuratively, deal with people's shit for minimum wage. When I was pitched the job, it was "You'll be getting blood pressures, blood sugars, and doing EKGs and whatnot :^)." Then when I get there, the floor is severely understaffed leaving me with 10+ patients at a time. Last Sunday I had 15 patients at one time at some point in the day. The nurses give medication and do IV stuff. I do literally everything else. Baths, feed patients that can't eat, change beds, pass out food trays, pick up food trays, walk patients that need to be walked, assist people with literally everything they need.

And what makes it funny is that a few years back I was a certified pharmacy tech. The people that work in the pharmacy? They don't even need a pharmacy tech license and they get paid ~$14-15 an hour :^)

>mfw

>>55750303
>Are you an apprentice or doing this for med school or something?
I was pre-med at a state university a short while ago but had to drop out due to funding. I moved back home and got a retail job. Problem was that it was part time and didn't pay much. So, a friend of a friend said there was an opening at a hospital for an entry-level, no cert/license required job. I assumed that this was going to pay at minimum $12 an hour. Nope :^). The reason I took it was because, even though it paid less per hour, I'd be making more money because I'd be working more hours. I'm probably going to be quitting very soon and finding a new job.

All of you retail folks that think you have a tough job. Imagine that you literally have to wipe people's asses that come through your line. Image you have to clean up their piss and vomit on a daily basis. Imagine that you have to deal with people passing unexpectedly and loved ones coming in bawling. Retail sucks but it's not THAT bad.
>>
>>55751150
You're just an idiot and a kek.

Stop being a fucking slave.
>>
>>55751150
Oh, so you're like the nurses' bitch? My mom is a nurse, she complains about the techs all the time but she's never actually said what they do.
>>
>>55749880
>>55750305
Jesus sounds like she has a mental problem.
>>
>>55751150
So you don't even have a certification? I didn't know there was hospital grunts lower than CNAs.
>>
>>55734878
truth. cashiers have to deal with the angry people
>>
>>55751329
>Oh, so you're like the nurses' bitch?
More or less.

>>55751665
>I didn't know there was hospital grunts lower than CNAs.
I'm basically a CNA but without the certificate. I suppose the most technical term you could use for me is a Medical Assistant, but those are typically the people in doctor's offices that take blood pressures and whatnot.
>>
File: 1426478570354.jpg (46 KB, 450x300) Image search: [Google]
1426478570354.jpg
46 KB, 450x300
>>55751150
I don't suppose you have any dealings with medical lab techs at all? I'm working on my certification for it and just wish I could find more opinions on their job.
>>
>>55748040
Yeah after 35k on school and if no minorities are applying for the same future job.
>>
>>55740733
liberal cities believe the rainwater belongs to government.
>>
>>55752073
Yeah I deal with some of the lab people. You go floor to floor, room to room, and get blood. At my shitty hospital, my position collects sputum, urine, and stool specimens. Might be different at non-shitty hospitals. Outside of that, to my knowledge, you sit down in the lab and do whatever the hell the supervisor tells you to do. I don't know exactly how they do things but I imagine you just rotate from sample to sample.

You just deal with patients long enough to get what you need. You'll probably see them once or twice a day, if that.
>>
>>55737325
Reminds me of the "Who's the better tipper? Men or Women?" jars. Of course, the women's jar was overflowing while the men's was nearly empty. Men aren't jewed as easily as women.
>>
File: atmospheric3.jpg (40 KB, 604x482) Image search: [Google]
atmospheric3.jpg
40 KB, 604x482
>>55734701
>What is cost of living
>What is disparate minimum wage levels

The minimum wage in Seattle is currently $11 set to increase to $13 then $15 by like 2021 or somewhere in that range. Cost of living in Seattle is also considerably more than say bumfuck nowheresville Texas where the minimum is $7.25.

Just saying y'all may very well be comparing apples to oranges

>>55734719
Eh, I live in Seattle, WA one of the more expensive cities in the U.S. and I've gotten by supporting myself (cellphone bill excluded) on the minimum wage in the past. I mean at one point I was working 60+ hrs a week between three different jobs (and saving roughly half of my take home pay).

I've graduated college now and make a decent living but still- it can be done.

Money can flow in two directions- in and out and it doesn't hurt that I have low standards.
>>
>>55744655
waitkeks are the lowest tip earners.. There are other professions where tips are common that are much higher. My dad often gets 500-1000 tips on half day fishing charters.
>>
>>55751672

>walk up to line at walmart
>see a black lady in the front
>swarm of nigglets running around her
>she is arguing over some expired coupon to save three cents
>do 360 and walk away

EVERY.FUCKING.TIME
>>
>>55752601
Thanks, interesting so the lab techs don't collect the waste samples just the blood samples? Did not know that cool.
>>
>>55753159
That's at my hospital now. We're a tiny little shithole. At the larger, properly functioning hospitals you might have to collect it. You probably won't have to be there when they piss/shit but you might have to make the trip to floor instead of having one of me come down and give it to you.
>>
>>55748144
I'd rather invest that $400 a month and retire at 50.
>>
File: literally.jpg (106 KB, 619x619) Image search: [Google]
literally.jpg
106 KB, 619x619
>>55734457
>literally kills me
>literally
Fucking faggot millennial piece of trash
>>
>>55753328
Yea at least when I was an army lab tech they had to go to a specific bathroom do their business in a container and have it sealed by a lab tech. Was efficient and hoping civilians do something similar.
>>
File: anon works as a travel agent.png (53 KB, 631x446) Image search: [Google]
anon works as a travel agent.png
53 KB, 631x446
>>55739553
I was a cart pusher when I was 18 and 19. I worked for CostCo so we actually got paid somewhat decently and consequently attracted a decent workforce. I only worked summers and winters when I was home for college and quit when I was 20 so I could take a summer quarter and finish college early.
>>
>>55752333
Don't be unreal bro. Not all minorities get the job you will apply for because you have experience under your belt now. Also, if a place hires someone obviously more unskilled than you because of such reason, its not a place to work for. You will hate it.
>>
>>55753747
Depends on where you work I suppose. Working in a hospital is completely different than working in a clinic, doctor's office, etc.
>>
>>55734977
>cant even be a cashier

youre fucked m8
>>
>>55734457
Making $10.89 as an EMT. What the fuck man
>>
What degree will get me a decent paying job immediately that doesn't require more than a bachelors?
Accounting?
>>
>>55734457
>$11 an hour
Wow, I thought cart cowboys made more like $8-9 per hour.
>>
>>55754417
I made $7.25 when I pushed carts like 6 years ago
>>
>>55754212

Do Americans tip their EMTs when they regain consciousness? I will if I'm ever in a car wreck south of the border m8.
>>
>>55754388

You can try your luck with engineering. I think I only have 1 or 2 friends from my engineering classes that didn't find a job in their field, but they were extremely lazy. I'm shocked they made it as far as they did.
>>
>>55754212
What a prostate milking you're getting.
>>
File: feels.png (4 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
feels.png
4 KB, 205x246
I make $26/hour working in a granite mine. Didn't have to take any schooling and got trained on the job. I have to work 50 hours a week of hard physical labor though, so is the money even worth it when you literally have no time to live and are constantly nursing muscle injuries(without time off or compensation)?
>>
>>55754388
>What degree will get me a decent paying job immediately that doesn't require more than a bachelors?

Accounting or Engineering is great.
>>
File: 1388199053273.gif (1 MB, 131x159) Image search: [Google]
1388199053273.gif
1 MB, 131x159
>>55753869
>That image
Are you supposed to feel suicidal from second-hand embarrassment?
>>
>>55745374
>Does /pol/ know of any other comfy job like that?
/r9k/ always mentions nighttime security positions as being pretty comfy
>>
>>55754880
>>55754993
What kind of engineering degree?
>>
>>55754920

do you get housing and food provided for you?

I'm trying to find a job like that so I can same some money quickly
>>
>>55734457

>Be me
>Not an idiot
>18
>Work at Walmart
>Learn how to operate every piece of equipment they have get as much experience as possible
>Apply for a new job as an equipment operator driving a piece of equipment Walmart certified me to use.
>Tell them that in the interview
>Surprised they wont have to train me
>Start off at 18 an hour plus 6 month raises of 50 cents until I reach 24 an hour then get yearly cost of living raises
>Already at 23 an hour
>Never even finished highschool

People who bitch and moan are fucking stupid. You work your way up. You dont just get shit handed to you. Use the job you are at to get as much experience as possible and move on to a better job.

You aren't supposed to work at McyD's your whole life.
>>
>>55755022
Fremdscham
>>
>>55734457
Where in the fuck in the US do you make $11 an hour doing that? I used to be a customer service lead who managed the cashiers and cart grabbers at a store only making $9/hr just 5 years ago.
>>
>>55734457
>mfw my first job was a WalMartcart pusher
I have had better jobs both in working conditions and pay and my favorite jobs was sweating my balls off in walmart parking lot. Its was near the beach so there was about 4 months of half naked women covered in coconut scented sunscreen all over the place, that might have something to do with it.
>>
>>55755439
Still working at Walmart though kek
>>
wtf? i pushed carts in a high col area (nyc suburb) 4 years ago and only got $7. u must be a high quality cart pusher
>>
>>55755467
WalMart has a new payscale. Niggas getting hired at like 10+hr. High pay but no hours.
>>
>>55755372
No but the area I live in is very isolated and cost of living is dirt cheap
>>
>>55734457
I work 2 hours to buy 1 kilo of meat

Gay as fuck desu senpai
>>
>complaining about people wanting a raise when bankers literally do nothing but destroy the entire world's economy and make millions

burger flippers create more value than the vast majority of bankers and corporate executives, which isn't hard because the latter two DESTROY value rather than create it
>>
>>55755656

You talking bout me or you? I left Walmart awhile ago. Thought I made that clear when I said I moved onto a better job.
>>
>>55755439
What company you work for nigga. Tell me now bitch.
>>
>>55734457
>everyday i am happy

boss sees you happy, promotes you to position where you arent happy.

they are happy, but pretend not to be so they dont get promoted.

promotion = 20% payrise 100% more work
>>
>>55755916
Yeah those damn rich people just sit around in their mansions that they didn't work for and have no right to, damn rich people man

communist uprising now XD
>>
>>55756141
they do stuff, it's just the stuff they do destroys value rather than creates it. maybe you forget 2008. burger flippers don't create a lot of value, but creating a small amount of value is better than destroying a large amount of value (what bankers do).
>>
>>55734826
>tfw its too cold to chub n tuck

what do now
>>
>>55756141
>impoverished people defending the rich
Kek

Shouldnt you be out working your fifth job m8? You gonna stave if you keep shitposting on 4chin.
>>
>>55755439
>piece of equipment
>equipment operator

you made this up
>>
>>55745915
Are you fucking kidding me,are you a dumb bitch? Why the fuck are you mocking that couple,when it comes to interracial dating its the ww you need to worry about.
>>
>>55734457

As long as someone makes more than them people will never be happy with any wage. There was a study done with monkeys where two monkeys where given the same amount of food to complete a task at some point the scientists started to give one of the monkeys more for the same task and the other monkey stopped doing the task and refused his reward even though he was receiving the same reward as always. people will never really be happy.
>>
>>55735741

The man is correct, and there really isn't a positive solution if you have no skills or experience, so I suggest you get some. Me and my wife together make nice income, and bills would still eat our lunch if we didnt make wise money decisions and use our skills to get our employers not to low ball. My wife wanted to build our house with a contractor at once and take a mortgage to pay for it. Instead I moved us into a travel trailer for over a year, spent every loose penny on materials and built it myself as I went along. Now we are building a fat nest egg and have enough money to live comfortably, and a separate account just for emergencies. Use your heads and fuck financialization.
>>
>>55756427
look at her nails. she looks like shit
>>
>>55738832
I HOPE YOU GET FIRED AND KEK.
>>
>>55756060

http://manufacturing.thingamajob.com/jobs/Indiana/Full--Time-Production-Team-Member/3439160?ecid=jb_aero_rmppty_150811_527869

Hope you live in Indiana.
>>
>>55736516

I'd be scared shitless if my job was boring.

Means they're overstaffed and don't have enough for you to do, which means you're first on the chopping block when they decide to downsize and cut costs.
>>
>>55753727
Agreed, I really fucking hate that word.

I'm a millennial myself.
>>
>>55756313
Are you going to call me an uncle tom next, nigger?
>>
>>55749801
same here boi, McDonald's is the worst fucking place to work. I've started to hate eating anything related to fast food.
>>
>>55757461
>aussie calling anyone a nigger
pot calling the kettle black.

Seriously, I am just trying to help you out aussie. You really should get to work m8. If you work really hard you might be able to aford meat AND bread.
>>
>>55756807
Im planning to go full vagabond. I might just show up one day.
Thread replies: 223
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.