[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
French Foreign Legion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 6
File: FFL.jpg (315 KB, 1200x798) Image search: [Google]
FFL.jpg
315 KB, 1200x798
Redpill me on the French Foreign Legion

Is it a terrible idea to join?
>can serve as little as 10 months
>get great military experience
>get to remove kebab

Sounds good to me.
>>
>>55723945
minimum 5 yrs senpai, get to literally reinvent yourself, one of the most bad ass special forces in the world and of course if the french nationalist party get in there will be plenty of remove kebab
>>
>>55723945
We had a former french foreign legion guy come talk to us while I was in the US army.

If anyone ever offered me a place in the FFL, Id say NO THANKS. If you can do the FFL, more power to you. Shits rough. Plus you have to learn french. Fuck that too.
>>
>>55724822
What about it is more rough than your experience in the US army?
>>
They mostly take people with previous military experience.

They can be selective because it is tiny.

Why wouldn't you just join the U.S. military? Better equipped and far more likely to actually remove kebab.
>>
>>55725095
I would want to, but I seriously don't trust American leadership right now and would not want to participate in another pointless war. If Trump is elected I would be happy to join though.
>>
>>55723945
Old FFL was rough, with lots hardcore criminals. Modern FFL is more elite, with some hardcore criminals.
>>
>>55725095

the foreign legion are deployed almost permanently mate
>>
>>55725049
US army is pretty cush in their operations compared to the FFL, man.

FFL was literally formed of human garbage to be thrown into the meatgrinder to die. They are the first ones into the fight and the last ones to leave.

Yeah, they are top-tier badasses, but chances of survival are quite low. They are also shovelled into the worst shit in the world to try and sort shit out because again; they are human garbage.
>>
>>55723945
Prepare to serve longer and prepare for some brutal training and a hard tour of duty. The legion is tough.

But I do believe you receive French citizenship for serving.
>>
>>55725932
>>55726089
What exactly are they deployed to do currently? France isn't at war, are they actually fighting anyone right now?
>>
>>55726089
>But I do believe you receive French citizenship for serving.
Yup, I think it's 5 years for citizenship and 15? years for full pension, or something like that.
>>
>>55726089
You can receive citizenship if you are wounded during your service. The policy is named "Français par le sang versé" French through spilt blood.
>>
>>55726286
FFL is everywhere there is war. FFL will go into shit that other countries won't even touch. They don't make headlines because you can't talk about most of the shit they do. FFL is like the XGAMES of military. Only the most hardcore people sign up and there's a high chance you'll die deep in some African jungle with no funeral.
>>
>>55726286
>What exactly are they deployed to do currently?

Africa, stomping the teeth out of the local durkallahs.
>>
>>55723945
They're a mercenary group that accept people from literally everywhere. That means 1, they accept kebabs and, 2, they're heavily invested in keeping morale high.

That means you're going to have to cosy up real good to your kebab comrade if you want to stay in.

Also they don't check rap sheets, so let's hope Abdullah didn't do anything too bad in his past life, else you're going to be getting more kebab than you asked for.

Have fun.
>>
>>55723945
Some friend's dad lost a teeth in the Legion. On day the instructor told them to do a team deathmatch with the rocks they could find on the ground.
>>
>>55726286
france is at war m8, check the news.
>>
Mali and Centrafrican republic
>>
>>55725932
>They are also shovelled into the worst shit in the world to try and sort shit out because again; they are human garbage.

But this is the reason you join in the MIlitary. .

At least why i joined the British Army, then realised it's fucking shit and only deployed once in 4 fucking years.

My grandad on the other hand literally lived in India for 4 years with the Army, then invaded Germany, and also killed arabs in Oman and Yemen.

If FFL really do deploy as often as i have heard to random shitholes in Africa then i am seriously thinking to join.
>>
>>55723945

>get great military experience

Actually, no.

>undermanned
>underarmed
>little action
>immense levels of bullshit
>>
Sounds like a bit much, guess I can settle for Trump's deportation police force once he is elected.
>>
>>55726598
They are not accepting muslims
If a trained legionare made a terrorist attack in france the legion would be done
France already doesnt like it but they use it becuse its usefull
>>
>>55726286
In Mali. Look it up fool.
>>
>>55726286
if there is a war on the African continent it would be the safest bet in the world to expect legionnaire to turn up somewhere. The reason why most of France's ex-African colonies are relatively stable is because the moment things start looking bad they call in the Legion.
>>
>>55723945
Fair warning: People join the legion because they think it's the best, most elite, coolest group of ass-kickers out there. And it is.
BUT... Only in the sense that the 82nd Airborne is the "best" unit in the US Army. A long and storied history, and tons of bullshit.
The regular French Army nicknamed the Foreign Legion "rock pushers" because whenever they go into the field they have the soldiers make the legion coat of arms out of rocks in their area. Everything they do is made to impress the public and look hooah.
So if you're looking for chill, or cool, or less moto. That is not the place to find it.
It's also my plan B.
More info: https://www.reddit.com/r/FrenchForeignLegion/comments/13eq1b/any_redditors_in_the_legion/
>>
>>55726759
Once a year i think but dont expect fighting
Its peacefull missions in ex-colonies
>>
>>55723945
>want to join belgian army because was stuck in school 'till i was 22 years old
>sorry we're full and underfunded, try next year
>we're still full and underfunded ,try next year
>what's that? no you can't join, we're full and underfunded, try next year
>finished school
>don't feel like going to uni
>tried to join belgian army again
>same shit
Should i just join FFL? I already speak French.
>>
>>55726893
I don't think you know what you are talking about. Unless you're on some terrorist database, the FFL literally don't care who you are. That's why their operations aren't given that much coverage; some of their members are literal psychopaths.

They've got anyone in there who's willing to do very dirty work, Muslim or not.
>>
>>55726286
FFL is not really controlled by France.
They go where there is conflicts/war and kill shit.
Unlike the US, when you die in the FFL you're not a hero, they are not even going to say you're dead, they just say it to your family and this end here.
>>
>>55723945
I knew a French Foreign Legionnaire in Tenerife. He is a fascinating individual who has led an interesting life. He did everything from fighting covertly in Africa to organizing the funding for bank robberies. As he got older her went legit, so to speak, and owns a small hotel in a resort town.
>>
>>55727046
>Its peacefull missions in ex-colonies

Still much better than British Army deployments.
>>
>>55727263
Honestly the reason I'm interested is because the US military operations of the last 2 decades have been disgraceful. Memory as a hero or not, I don't trust our leadership to give me orders.
>>
>>55727252
200 years ago maybe
Today no
2 years ago they would accept 1 in 10
Today its more because of terrorism and military patrols around france but they can still be picky
>>55727281
I guess
You get to travel around diffrent shitholes
And maybe get in some shootouts in french guayana with brazilian gold miners
If its your thing go for it
>>
>>55727112
why not? Although people might think you're French as I heard a rumour once that Frenchmen enlisting in Legion often pretend to be French Canadian, Swiss or Belgian.
>>
File: Tubanator.jpg (20 KB, 220x305) Image search: [Google]
Tubanator.jpg
20 KB, 220x305
>>55725262
Join the canadian forces, get high everyday and take orders from the Turbanator
>>
This is an article about it from "Vanity Fair." To be quite honest, it sounds like the most miserable experience you could ever imagine. At BEST, if you make it, you'll end up trying to stop gold smugglers in some shithole in South America. It's...well the article speaks for itself: http://www.vanityfair.com/unchanged/2012/12/french-foreign-legion-expendables
>>
>>55726699

>team deathmatch

I read this in the quake 3 announcer voice.
>>
Btw, nowadays they are quite selective with who they take, at least in theory. It's not the shit pit it used to be.
>>
>>55723945
Friends brother joined. Don't know him personally so this is just going off second hand info.

Basically it sounded like hell, he was deployed in the Congo and some of the people who were with him sounded animals.

But he learnt French and got military experience. So if you're willing to go throw all the shit then yeah why no.
>>
>>55727627

He is Belgian you retard. Look at his rare flag.
>>
>>55727627
Not a rumour. It's a tradition for French nationals to adopt a francophone nationality other than French when in the Legion.
>>
I had a teacher at school who was an Ex legionaire, he was in Algeria and one time said to a paki kid that he used to kill cunts like him in Algeria.

Good bloke, just a shame that no more real wars anymore.

We literally have nothing to do anymore, Afghanistan has finished, Iraq is over. .

Waiting for a war.
>>
You'd have to carry that shitty FAMAS as your rifle.
>>
>>55727936
>and some of the people who were with him sounded animals.

Why?
>>
This looks like a good doc. English subbed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EObnPdfjdBQ
>>
>>55728209
why?
>>
>>55725932
>FFL was literally formed of human garbage to be thrown into the meatgrinder to die.

Ehh I don't think so much anymore. You can't even join if you have any felonies or are running from the law (Which is why I assume most people joined in the first place).
>>
>>55725262
>join U.S. military
And how ?
>>
>>55728523
because you're supposed to be "foreign"
>>
>>55728117
I know that. But what I'm saying is because he speaks French and he might live close to the French border is that some people might think he is French pretending to be Belgian. It wouldn't affect him much because people do it all the time apparently. And the Legion doesn't mind people assuming a fake identity when they enlist.
See>>55728209
this guy gets it
>>
>>55728523

You must be not from France to join. Hence its name
>>
>>55728591
and how what?
>>
>>55728646
>french people sound like belgians.

In languages, we have this thing called accents, where people from different areas speak with different intonation and pronunciation and even sometimes use entirely different words for the same thing (an English example would be the Merikeks use of garbage to refer to rubbish).

[spoiler]its the same in french[/spoiler]
>>
>>55725915
Yes. Guarding a fucking base in French Guiana is so exciting.
>>
>>55728591
Move to the US and enlist, they enlist mexicans, they'll enlist russians.
>>
File: 14339284693930.jpg (191 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
14339284693930.jpg
191 KB, 640x640
>>55729981
>>
>>55727280
wow. my dream life
>>
File: eo.jpg (195 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
eo.jpg
195 KB, 960x960
Meh.

Tried to join 5 years ago, when I was 19.
There's a lot of bullshit surrounding the matter, I managed to get till the "gestapo", the final interrogatory, I can answer a few questions if you want.
>>
>>55729657
I get what you're saying but I don't have enough command of the French language to be able to tell the differences between Belgian French and northern French if they exist. But I've been to both parts of northern France and southern Belgium and I couldn't pick up any differences in accent. But as I said I don't have a good command of the French language so odds are I have missed some subtle differences.
>>
>>55730535
How would I fake an identity and get in if I have to have my birth certificate?

Why did you fail?

How hard is it to get in?

Would training kill me?

What are the benefits once I'm out?
>>
>>55730197
He is very solid; a reliable person whom you can really trust. Even though I do not approve of all of his past activities, I respect him as a man.
>>
>>55730780

I don't get the first question.
They collaborate with Interpol and know everything about everyone. Changing identity is not obligatory and when requested is temporary for the first 5 years, and "official" only when you finish those. They decide your "background" history, new name and give you french citizenship. You need Iidentifications to get inside the facility.

I didn't fail any test but the last interrogatory, then one that decides if you're suited for the legion, despite your history/experience etc.
The story that you need a military backgroud is total bullshit, it's the opposite, they want fresh meat to forge from zero. I've seen fatasses getting in only because they had nothing to lose and were resolute, and ex military guys getting kicked.

It's hard, about 1 every 20/30 (there's even a sign written in all languages stating this fact inside). They get shitload of people trying.

For the training, no. But oversee operations are quite dangerous. At the end, they made this shit for the dirty jobs to not get french soldiers killed in niggerland.

Good salary, good job, lot of benefits and french citizenship (which for you might be nothing, for desperate people is everything, but thinking about it they don't need to spill blood anymore now, they just get in whining as "refugees")
>>
File: 1426798639813.jpg (624 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1426798639813.jpg
624 KB, 1920x1080
>>55723945
the payment is really shit for the first few years.. like 13/1400 euro per month.

Also the first few years you are only cleaning toilets and floors for security reasons.. It´s not like they let you go loose in a war zone straight after you start.

Also the minimum is 4 years... if you try to quit they will lock you up in their own prison..you cannot get out once you are in..
>>
>>55728428

Watched the entire thing. That was pretty good.
>>
>>55732486
The only true thing in your post is the first line.
>>
>>55731851
What gives me the best chance of getting in?

Will they teach French or do I need to know it?
>>
>>55733174

The documentary that was linked by the spanish poster had clips of classes for French.
>>
>>55733029
This one is older, 3 parts, also good. English.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELi7cC85ew4

This one is new, very long, seems more realistic but only in french.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4j9bgCbfc8
>>
>>55733174
No, they teach French by necessity. You have to eventually understand it because it is the only language that they speak. People who come with no knowledge of the French language are fluent within a year.
>>
>>55723945

LOL

Stupid fucking American. You realize the FFL is made up of almost exclusively North Africans? Guess what religion they are? You will be serving with Kebabs and Nigs. There is the reason it is called the Foreign legion.

Also, while you do get a Frech passport wen it is over, you do not get to re-invent yourself anymore. The days of a place for people to anonymously get a new identity are long over.
>>
Planning on joining next year, currently in a "gap year". I'm fluent in french and can probably get fitter in a year.

Does anybody know if they can touch school records? I got expelled and it's preventing me from going to college.
>>
>>55733992
>You realize the FFL is made up of almost exclusively North Africans?

bullshit
>>
>>55733992
The documentaries showed the exact opposite.
>>
>>55731851
>I didn't fail any test but the last interrogatory
Why did they fail you? What questions did they ask in the interrogation?
>>
>>55733174
Almost perfect health is a must.
Coming from a civilized country is a huge boost. They're actually fed up with third world trash and prefer people from "good" countries. In fact, they perform not one but two IQ tests which let them kick 60/70 % of people at once, mostly africans, south americans and russians. They dislike retards in general and mock them mercilessly throughout all the selection process.
Reading forums, talking to people etc. I'd say your best chance is having a "suitable" background/history (ie. no "bored middle class kid looking for adventure", no "angry teenager saying fuck society i'm joining the legion" and other stupid shit like this) to convince them you're 100% willing to stick with them and are not going to look back, ever... being smart, not being hot headed in general, loving phisical activity and devoting your life to the legion and be ready to die for it.
The Legion is like a family, don't think that everyone is some kind of badass motherfucker.

You don't need to know french, they teach it to you. The only problem is that if you're slow learning it you're going to pay high (ps: violent punishment are a thing)
>>
>>55734145
lol are you kidding?
You can easily get in with criminal records as long as they're not "blood stained" (dunno how to say in english, but rape, murder etc.).
Instruction is not required at all unless you're trying to join a specific branch such as medics, engineers etc. Still, they won't care.
>>
>>55725049
75th reg reporting
the FFL training (I've heard from my friends french grandpa) sounded harder than RASP desu senpai
>>
>>55734449
All kind of questions.
You go through officials and a psychologist, they ask all about your life, from your parents life to your reason, in between they ask you things like how did you get there (like literally, which train, through how many stations you've been during the trip, how much you paid the ticket etc.).
And then all kind of "why do you want to join the french foreing legion" question. You get asked this a lot, maybe they keep record of the answers in some places. Even the medic asks you this during medical visits.
It's not about the question though, its more about the pressure they put you into, trying to get you confused, rethinking your answers while the observe your behavior costantly.
>>
>>55734449
Ah, i think i failed because i was a retard.
I'm glad they discarded me, i wouldn't have been able to handle not even the first couple months. Going now would be a much better idea for me.
>>
>>55734231
North Africans, Africans and Slavs are 80% of legionnaires
>>
>>55731350
Is this book any good?
>>
>>55736142
Yes, it is mandatory for any western Male.
>>
>>55723945
you won't be disappointed.
>>
>>55736360
> If you've ever closed your eyes and wished for one day as a lion, this book is for you.

My nigga, every man must feel this in his life.

Its the feeling you get when you fire a fucking 50cal.
>>
>>55735856
First you say that Africans comprise the majority of the French Foreign Legion. I correct you.

Now you backpedal and say that it is Africans and slavs.

bull-fucking-shit (not that I have a problem siwh Slavs)....but you have proven yourself to be ignorant and disingenuous. Kindly fuck off.
>>
>>55727627
What? Most of the legionaires are native Frenchmen now - the "foreign" part is largely redundant. A Frenchman wouldn't need to hide his identity, as you aren't required to not be French. Even if this were a requirement, he wouldn't be, as the FFL do an enormously thorough background check on every applicant.
>>
>>55736532
7.62×51mm is the highest caliber that I have ever fired, using an M60. I feel your point, however.
>>
>>55728523
My understanding is that the legion was formed to get refugees out of france. That was a long time ago, in a much better france.
>>
>>55723945
I hope you like Slavic dick.
>>
>>55734947
The word you're looking for is "violent"
>>
All you'll be doing is killing your fellow white man for resisting islamiphication.
>>
It says in the vanity fair article posted in this thread that the FFL executed leftists during an uprising in 1871 and they still hate them for it. Perfect organisation for /pol/.
>>
>>55736794
as I said man its only a rumor probably an age old one if that but >>55728209 says its more of a tradition thing nowadays
>>
>>55734947

Not the case anymore, they even run Interpol background checks. Its not like it was.
>>
>>55726699
this is stupid shit, u think thats going to make someone a better soldier? bet their medical care int great either
>>
>>55737470

1871 Paris Commune uprising. The FFL actually hates ideologically minded people - they had a big problem back in WW1 when a lot of foreign volunteers wanted to join the FFL to help fight the Germans, because these middle class white collar ideological guys didn't fit with the blue collar, rough and tumble, "This is just a job fuck it" makeup of the FFL.
Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.