[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mfw atheism is the true red pill.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32
File: original.gif (4 MB, 554x360) Image search: [Google]
original.gif
4 MB, 554x360
Mfw atheism is the true red pill.
>>
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 500x731) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 500x731
>>55721608
>Check dawkins twatter
>mudslime shills BTFO left right up down back and forth
>>
It is.
>>
It's a red pill for the Middle East.

Common sense for the rest of the world.

If they don't take it soon it should be rammed down their throats.
>>
Atheism is notoriously blue pilled. Just about every single atheist is a Muslim-cock-sucking SJW faglord.

Catholicism and Orthodox Christianity are the true red pills. Protestants are degenerates
>>
atheism leads to moral grey areas. if religion ceased to exist, destruction would be as inevitable as before.

man is at emnity with god, himself and by extension his neighbour.
>>
>>55721608
you spelled fedora wrong. and dawkins is a pedo degenerate fyi
>>
File: i hunger.jpg (77 KB, 319x475) Image search: [Google]
i hunger.jpg
77 KB, 319x475
It really is. /pol/ is mostly retardo-christians who can't handle that their parents deceived them, though.

>>55722104

There are nations that are almost wholly atheist right now, and nations in the past which were virtually 100% atheist. Coincidentally, they all have/had extremely high levels of development and happiness per capita.
>>
File: 1383264319206.jpg (52 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
1383264319206.jpg
52 KB, 500x400
>>55721608
Atheism is the ethnic suicide pill, you dimwit.
>>
>>55722245
>there are nations that are almost wholly atheist right now
You're right! Look how well Sweden is doing!
>they all have/had extremely high levels of development
kek. Yes, the Soviet Union, China, and Cambodia are shining beacons of the power of atheism. Take your fedora off, I think it's blocking blood flow to your brain
>>
i'd take a rational muslim over a "rational" atheist every time
>>
>>55721608

it is indeed
>>
>>55722104
I'm ashamed that you hold that view while being at a 1st world. Morality is even found on other animals ffs.

I'm from a shithole country and feel extremely fortunate for discovering how much of a waste religion is. There is more to this life when you stop expecting an inexistant next one.
>>
>>55722833

the wisdom of christ frees us from our natural bonds.

whats it like in honduras?
>>
Religon is like a opium that detaches you from your reality and makes you happy.
>>
>>55721608
If you consider being amoral, left-wing, and an islam apoligist red pill. Then sure, it is.
>>
>>55722104
No, stupidity leads to morally grey areas. Religious belief leads to pure immoral areas, like telling Africans that condoms are evil or telling a rape victim she will burn in hell for eternity if she aborts the rape baby. The shit done in the name of God is always the most evil and vile shit you could imagine.

If it was up to me we would rightfully classify anyone devotedly religious as mentally unstable.
>>
Free your enslaved minds from religon, we live in 2015 for fuck sake.
>>
>>55723302
A jesusfag like you would love a place like this. Even more so if you love soccer.

Do you think it's a mere coincidence that developed nations are considerably less religious than underdeveloped ones?
>>
>>55723443
Religon is like a opium that detaches you from reality and makes you happy.
>>
>>55723644

Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

a coalition between the church and state can be dangerous, in that i agree with you. but the words spoken above are a threat to those who seek to rule mankind.
>>
File: tips-fedora.jpg (42 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
tips-fedora.jpg
42 KB, 479x720
>>55721608
>>
>Mfw there IS NO FUCKING RED PILL

You're not going to "awaken the masses" by spamming an unpopular opinion. You have to realize most people get their news from a pubic source which is often funded by political parties to spin stories in their favor. Why even bother red pilling people? Acting like those pesky feminists and trying to hold "the truth" in people's faces won't bring you anything, you'll just be labelled as annoying and make your arguments seem less valid. You have to let people come to realizations themselves. Not by posting edgy facebook photos with cherry-picked facts and writing "You do the math" but actually being quiet and letting people have the idea that something is wrong, and then simply guiding them to a conclusion with your own opinion and supportive thought. Speaking of opinions, there are fucking BILLIONS of them, so there is no one-size red pill for every fucking person. Atheism is the answer? Anyone who I have ever met who was an atheist only followed this belief either because their parents tried to force religion on them or because they wanted to seem like textbook intellectuals who don't believe in non scientific evidence. Well guess what? Wasting time pondering a religion or god or even coming to a conclusion of what you are in your beliefs is a waste of time in itself. The true red pill is that we have to get off our asses and actively do something in this world to make the difference we want to see, and not just convince masses on facebook of an unpopular opinion or spew shit on message boards. Ultimately nothing matters, there is no one purpose to life. You have to decide what you believe in and actively fight for it, or, if you don't care enough, don't do shit about it and just be happy. Live your life however you want, at the end of the day everything you see around you will be dead and forgotten within 200 years MAX. So chill the fuck out.
>>
>>55723490
I'm atheist but I'm not at all amoral nor I'm an Islam apologist. I really hate that ideology if religions were stds Islam would be full blown AIDS
>>
>>55722031
>This is what niggers actually believe
>>
>>55723902
Nuclear bombs and Hellfire missiles are a threat to anyone who wants to rule mankind. You use your bible, i'll stick with gunpowder and fossil fuels.
>>
>>55721608
The true redpill to accepting homosexuality, feminism, immigrants and kekoldry.
>>
>>55723718

do you think it a coincidence that places like china persecute christians and other religions? they spout the same anti religious rhetoric as you.

religion gives hope to people and a meaningful structured life. it has always been a threat to the state.
>>
>>55723912
You can post the hat meme all you want, but in the end it doesn't change things
>>
>>55722679
Lel. If religious people could be reasoned with, there'd be no more religious people.
>>
>>55724260

dust to dust.

the kingdom of man shall perish, but there is another kingdom which shall never perish.

for christ overthrew the shackles of death. he ventured into the evils of the world and exploded it from within. there is hope for the hopeless.
>>
>>55724408
What a way to compare a global trend to the politics of a single country. Religion correlates to low education and low life expectations. In any case at this moment in time I'm more worried about the progressively eradication of secularism to the hands of religious enablers and misguided liberals.
>>
>>55722031
the only people in my country who like muslims and want to help the so called 'refugees' are christians, shut the fuck up already
>>
>>55724408
Are you literally retarded? The entire world has had governments that are literally in league with religious institutions. Thats one of the main reasons the US separated from England.
>>
>>55722833
RARE
A
R
E
>>
>>55721608
better red pills are thelema, stoicism, zen buddhism, taoism
>>
>>55722467

>underrated post
>>
>>55722467
>I'm such a special snowflake, of course I'm SO IMPORTANT in this universe

religious keks everybody
>>
>>55723490
>morals come from religion

lmao, just look at all those hot morals pouring into your country as we speak
>>
>>55725004
ITT: dummies who can't give up their imaginary friend
>>
>>55721608
France is an extremely atheist country. Guess they are redpiled aren't they?
>>
Jesus Christ is the literal red-pill. He and his father tell you exactly how it is and how all things in the world are being led to one purpose.

Man is being manipulated by forces we cannot currently conceive.
>>
>>55721608
agnostic atheism fo'shu, but be chill sempai. there are too many fedoracore atheists out there, don't become one
>>
>>55721608
True. I was free from religion after years of self hatred that religion teaches.
>>
material prosperity has always been the aim of secuarlist societys.

that will never bring fulfillment.

the good will of the people is in the fullness of their spirit.
>>
*Tipping*
*Menorah*

Jewnduras
>>
>>55723490
Morals come from commom sense
>>55723490
kek
>>
Atheism is still Christianity.

The society you live in enforces Christian values through laws established long ago + societal norms. It's really just being a Christian (being a 'good' westerner) but without the faith.

It used to be people really did need the faith to follow the ways of Christ but everything is so normalized now you can just be a 'good citizen'.
>>
>>55725785

what is common sense and what is moral duty?

if flight or fight is your only imperative, which shall you choose? keep in mind, that civilisation has been shaped by religious values.
>>
>>55721608
I know that feel, family
>>
>>55724917

But at the same time religion does do as he says. Rome attempted to eradicate Christianity within its borders only for it to become an overwhelming force in a short span of time. Therefore the state attempts to control or ally itself with the human institutions which administer this religion so it's power can still be felt.
>>
>>55722679
Yeah, France took some of them last night.
>>
>>55721936
you would be surprised how many people on /pol/ are still defending religion
>>
>>55726020
you are mixing fight or flight with "common sense". They are different things.

Religious values are shaped by the people which is just the expression of the human condition playing itself out.
>>
>>55722245

Because atheism is like type 2 diabetes, a disease that only affects those affluent enough.
>>
>>55726565

They're given to us by the creator who dwells in higher dimensions above ours, get it right.
>>
>>55726694
That's what you believe. I have yet to see evidence of this however.
>>
You'll notice as Europe becomes more and more atheist it also becomes more and more degenerate.

Gee, I wonder if the two might be related.
>>
>>55726236

R A R E F L A G
A
R
E
F
L
A
G
>>
>>55726565

i am saying that in a desperate situation, would you choose what is common sense or what is moral?

that is where religion comes in. you are ignoring the huge role religion has had in shaping the world.
>>
>>55722031

bluepilled faggot detected
>>
File: Dawkins Twitter.png (639 KB, 794x1040) Image search: [Google]
Dawkins Twitter.png
639 KB, 794x1040
>>55721608
Care to elaborate?
>>
>>55722679
>rational muslim
kek, good one m8
>>
>>55722031
No, those are regressives.
>>
>>55726810
>Bosnia
>Rare
Dumb Australian
>>
>>55726020
>keep in mind, that civilisation has been shaped by religious values.
it's the other way around actually
>>
>>55726813
I'm not ignoring it. I am saying there is no difference between religion and the human condition. It sprang out as a projection of ourselves. You are giving it support by saying it's been a part of our history. I am not refuting it's a part of our history merely that we are growing out of it.

>would you choose what is common sense or what is moral?

You are implying they can't be the same.
>>
>>55721608
Holy shit. Honduras has Internet
>>
Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

is this your natural common sense?
>>
>>55726798

The evidence you seek is currently unavailable due to mankind's inability to pierce through the dimensional fabric from a technological/objective standpoint and have some sort of understanding of that side of existence.

Your dogma is equally as flawed from a different perspective, it embraces what can be observed rather than what cannot be, even though what cannot be observed can affect us. The history of science proves this.

Just because something doesn't fit the current paradigm doesn't mean you should outright dismiss it, those foolish scientist who dismissed that microwave propulsion system were dogmatic in their beliefs due to there solid evidence, only for it to be completely obliterated and changing their world view.
>>
>>55726423
Are they mostly American?
>>
>>55726978

Literally the first time I've seen a Bosnian post.

Now go join back up with the Czech Republic, you filthy Slovakian.
>>
>>55721608
Western atheists are hardly red pilled. They concentrate on Christianity and Abrahamic religions in general, which is a cornerstone of Western society.

Most atheists hardly know about non-organized religions. When's the last time you saw an atheist talking head on television railing against totemism or animism?
>>
In /pol/and atheists suck LGBT and muslim cocks, only christians are againsr refugees
>>
>>55721608
I know, but for now we need them christians.
>>
File: 1412905198048.jpg (27 KB, 426x444) Image search: [Google]
1412905198048.jpg
27 KB, 426x444
>yfw you realize christian culture is the reason for radical leftism and tolerance
>>
>>55727179
You have yet to demonstrate evidence of the metaphysical, but still preach as if it was empirical fact.

Do you believe in the story of Peter Pan? If not, why are you outright dismissing it. If yes, you are a sad fuck. Pick one.
>>
>>55727416
>atheists
>not hating Muslims most of all
>>
>>55727179

god is not a manfestation of the universe, he has made the universe manifest.

the veil is only lifted by the believer.
>>
File: 76224-004-A6EF95F7.jpg (50 KB, 550x373) Image search: [Google]
76224-004-A6EF95F7.jpg
50 KB, 550x373
>>55721608
>atheism
>not Buddhism
>>
>>55725979
>christian values
>not humanist values

Christian values are literally the same as muslim shariah law.
>>
File: images.jpg (3 KB, 150x100) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
3 KB, 150x100
>>55727416
Same here, except switched
>>
>>55727350
>totemism or animism
>implying these are relevant in the western world
>>
>>55727179
I didn't outright dismiss you. Stop conflating atheism with disbelief as it also implies lack of belief.

I am entirely open to God if it can be proven or demonstrated in any way. I have even looked into it in your way of things and it didn't satisfy. Excuse me if it wasn't enough for me. Go believe.
>>
People who aren't Atheists are literally retarded.

God is an imaginary friend.
>>
>>55727416
I'm against refugees. No ones going to take you seriously if you conflate atheism with certain political affiliations.
>>
>>55727682
>Buddhism
>not a Hellenist
>>
As an atheist and a liberal, I think the Abrahamic religions of the world need to be removed for the betterment of mankind.

I'm all for individual freedom and even pro guns, but this shit has caused more evil in the world than it's done good and has to stop.
>>
>>55727325
>Australian proves himself as retard again
Like poetry
>>
>>55727700
True but what's important is that they replaced the absolutely barbaric values of the Germanic barbarians.

Let's not kid ourselves here. The Germanics inherited Europe and western society is based on how they did convert to Christianity.
>>
>>55722031
Catholicism?
> Implying Liberation Theology doesn't exist

LOL enjoy your leftist Pope.

Although I agree that sadly, most atheists tend to lean left.
>>
I'm an atheist but I think it's not good having a full atheist society. I'm aware some people really need religions to feel better with themselves and to face this world's problems.

If people want to believe whatever they want, they're free to do it
>>
>>55727929
>using the term "evil" unironically
>>
>>55727831

your life must be imaginary since it came from nothing.

i have seen true ignorance in this thread regarding christianity. i only ask that people study that which they vehemently disregard.

may god bless you all.
>>
File: Machiavelli.jpg (85 KB, 822x751) Image search: [Google]
Machiavelli.jpg
85 KB, 822x751
>>55721608

>mfw embracing religion in order to use it to manipulate people is the true red pill
>>
>>55727989
Considering the position of women and serfs was far more elevated in pre-Christian pre-feudal times I'm inclined to disagree.
>>
>>55728067
>If people want to believe whatever they want, they're free to do it

I agree. I only have an issue when they force non-believers to live out their way of life and beliefs.
>>
>>55725567

I am kind of surprised this comment comes from UK.

Anyway, money brings some fulfillment. But there is more to life.
>>
>>55727576

I do because of faith and because of my own, personal understanding of the universe and my experiences in it. I have seen this side manifest and the only view which describes my experiences and the experiences of those I love and cherish is Christ and his message, and that it will undoubtedly reveal itself in the very end once we obtain the ability to do so. Your point about Peter Pan is childish and immature fallacy, grow up and read my post again.

>>55727647
I never said he was, God created all the dimensions, including the one he resides in known as Heaven.
>>
>>55728203
I seriously considered Christianity so I didn't outright dismiss it. I was a true believer for many years but I eventually walked out on the other side of the building of faith.
>>
>>55728203
>your life must be imaginary since it came from nothing.
Oh look, a big bang strawmen.
>>
>>55728067
Maybe there should be secular humanist churches that take all the good shit from every religion and philosophy and preach it every Sunday. People benefit from sharpening their ethical axes and from creating a sense of community.
>>
File: 1360378275933.png (53 KB, 212x218) Image search: [Google]
1360378275933.png
53 KB, 212x218
>>55727549

The fuck are you talking about.

Those came from the Enlightenment, where intellectuals rebelled against church authorities.
>>
>>55728207
I'm hoping that ceases to be the case in our lifetimes.
>>
>>55728203
Man made of straws.
>>
>>55728151

Go watch some ISIS videos and tell me they are anything other than evil.

Maybe dirty fucking inbred, shit eating, backwards thinking, smelly cunts but I think evil sums it up too.
>>
Why can't atheists and Christians just unite against common enemy
>>
File: 1447469441942.png (562 KB, 1280x1312) Image search: [Google]
1447469441942.png
562 KB, 1280x1312
>>55728503
I would like to.
>>
>>55727932

>If I keep calling him retarded, he will surely get upset!

Lmfao. You Slovaks truly are the bottom of the barrel.

Hey, don't you have some gypsies to go suck off?
>>
>>55728207
Well, that can only end well...
>>
>>55728207
Thats the Rothschild Suppository, its not a pill at all. Don't fucking take that thing, its pure evil. Once you take it, all that is left for you is an eternity of self loathing and loneliness.
>>
>>55728203
>HURR CAME FROM NOTHING XDDD
How about you educate yourself before you post, Christkek?
>>
File: a2.jpg (150 KB, 595x919) Image search: [Google]
a2.jpg
150 KB, 595x919
>>55721608
Nihilism is the true red pill. Atheism is its baby brother who still clings to the teet of meaning.
>>
>>55728370
>>55728489

your modern terms for debate do not hide the need of your souls.

there is a greater debate at hand regarding life on earth.
>>
>>55728203
"Come from nothing" is a misunderstanding of the theory. I recommend reading more about it.
>>
>>55728782

explain how the universe manifested itself?
>>
>>55721785

Dawkins seems like the he's the high priest of Scientism for you atheists.

why do you guys think that he, after repeated attempts to persuade him to debate Dr. William Lane Craig, still runs and hides from Dr. Craig?

is it perhaps because - though he may be very good at what he does - he's completely ignorant and has a third grade understanding of philosophy, logic, and reason?

>"The controversy wafted into the British press after fellow atheist and philosophy lecturer, Daniel Came, accused Dawkins of simply being afraid, saying, “The absence of a debate with the foremost apologist for Christian theism is a glaring omission on your CV and is of course apt to be interpreted as cowardice on your part.”"
>>
>>55728572
We're the anti-kek force unlike you stupid UK rejects

>>55728696
Fuck off kike

>>55728750
>Nihilism
Damn, I remember being 15
>>
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 763x652) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 763x652
>>55723700
>>
>>55728782

since i'm sure that YOU understand the theory (else, why believe in it?) and the anon's misunderstanding of it, why don't you take a little time to educate the /pol/ community?

tell us why it's a "misunderstanding."
>>
>>55728657
Please explain.
>>
>>55726963
this!
>>
>>55721608
Dawkins is a smug self righteous faggot who can't argue anything without being a condescending cunt.

He also can't argue against religion to anyone without petty name calling. He's literally the same as religious fanatics.
>>
>>55728993
>stupid UK rejects
>stupid

http://www.openaccessweek.org/profiles/blogs/the-top-20-countries-for-scientific-output

I don't see Slovakia on there...

Lmfao. Hello pot, how are you?
>>
the world around you is intelligible.

why is it so hard for you to believe there is some kind of knowledge behind it? to what end is the universe moving?
>>
>>55728067

I don't know if I ever wished for a full atheist society, however what you say makes kind if sense, since atheism is amoral (not inmoral) there are not "official" moral teachings on atheism, and that's not bad it's what it is

That's why apart from atheism one needs a sort of "moral code", for example some look for philosopies like stoicism or epicureanism, or political idelogies like liberatarianism or -sadly- socialism/communism.
>>
>>55728897
I have no idea. I am not claiming that I know how the universe began merely that "came from nothing" is an incorrect interpretation of the theory.

>>55729068
>why else believe it

I don't believe in the big bang. I have reserved judgement on it.

It's a misunderstanding because it's not literally "nothing". Look for Lawrence Krauss on youtube or something.
>>
I want dawkins dick in my boypussy so badly
>>
>>55728904
Dawkins doesn't speak for me. You guys act like if he loses a debate that this reflects on atheism.
>>
>>55728993
There is no empirically discernible meaning to existence. All behavior is equally meaningless and without consequence. The declaration of the apparent truth of nihilism is simply the acceptance of reality.
>>
File: 1286354749265.jpg (15 KB, 250x350) Image search: [Google]
1286354749265.jpg
15 KB, 250x350
>>55728203
>your life must be imaginary since it came from nothing.

Playing my song, nigga...
>>
>>55721608
Scientism is shit tbqh. If you want hard evidence for everything to believe you can never overcome solipsism.
>>
>>55729419
I think it's ok to look to philosophy for ethical advice but ethics is truly just an exercise in empathy and reason. It's a growing and expanding thing which is why I have an issue with strict moral codes.
>>
>>55729452

so you rely on the wisdom of others?

just as i believe in the wisdom of god.
>>
>>55722031

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMFsO58hXVM

How do you explain this then faggot?
>>
>>55721608
>athiesm
>let's make assumptions on how the universe works without even understanding 5% of it

I mean if you want to be retarded sure
The only acceptable beliefs are traditional or agnostic
Traditional because tradition is an important part of a stable society
Agnostic because you can't know one way or the other
>>
>>55729665

c'mon frenchie, you don't know about scientific skepticism?
>>
File: 1399310578227.png (83 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1399310578227.png
83 KB, 200x200
>>55722467
What you don't understand is that just because we don't believe your fairy tales are real that doesn't mean we can't learn anything from them. We can steal all the nicest parts of the best of what you and any religion has to offer and create our own higher morality. A genuine moral code which is all the more satisfying to uphold because you aren't doing it for divine good boy points.

A code that carefully considers each moral dilemma with the purest, most consistent logic you can muster. It's not hard to stick to a moral code as an atheist at all really, all you need to remember is that suffering and making people suffer isn't cool, dude.
>>
>>55722031
as a fedorfag, i can say that atheism itself isnt redpilled, but some people are redpilled like non-atheists. And you sound like a nigger orthodox who jacks off to the bible
>>
File: 1433688015487.png (71 KB, 228x210) Image search: [Google]
1433688015487.png
71 KB, 228x210
>>55722031
>Catholicism and Orthodox Christianity are the true red pills

This is quite possibly the dumbest shit I've ever read. Holy fuck people actually believe this hahahaha.
>>
>>55729788
No. I take the thinking of experts that know far more than I do seriously, yes. It's healthy to have a sense of respect for authority. I'd feel embarrassed if I told a Historian what history was like when I haven't studied it for 8 years or practiced medicine without a license.

I rely on my own thinking as well as well as facts. As I have said, I was a believer so I understand that you as a true believer is going to make profession of faith statements like "my wisdom comes from God".
>>
>>55729665
>Scientism
Its "empiricism" you cůck
>>
>>55728492
They are fighting for what they think is right. They are just really really wrong. "Good vs. Evil" is just a retarded way of simplifying conflicts. Everyone is the hero in their own narrative.
>>
>>55729819
Yes and precisely because of that any extreme position is uncalled for.
>>
>>55729816
Fucking hell this. This this fucking this. At least admit you don't fucking know instead of taking the puzzle pieces, putting them together a different way and pretending your way is objective fact. This is the irony with proud atheism.
>>
>>55730046
If it was empiricism, you would accept the fact that you can't know if this world is real.
>>
>>55730061

then you don't know Dawkins way of thinking
>>
>>55729851

if nothing rules supreme above you, you will make yourself rule supreme above others.

im not saying you will become a dictator or anything, but there is a slippery slope when you say morality comes down to logic. a good man can do evil things and justify it by his logic. you may say the same thing about religion, only recognise it in yourself.
>>
>>55730092

>we don't know everything
>therefore skydaddy must exist and watches us when we masturbate

you are a retard. sterilize yourself.
>>
>>55723939
Atheism and agnosticism is the result of what you just said.

>>55725364
Sure, actually most current athesits are agnostic atheist but I honestly feel secularity is in peril that is why I sometimes brush of my fedora. I thought you would comprehend being a Turk and seeing how erdogan is pushing for Islam so hard in a proper secular society.
>>
>>55728904

intalir apal Dokinz tu
>>
>>55730092
>objective fact

No scientist says that everything we know is 100% fact. Ever.

But the most logical train of thought is to go where the evidence leads you.

Even if you find out you were wrong 50% of the time, it is better than being wrong 100% of the time.
>>
>>55730134
>If it was empiricism, you would accept the fact that you can't know if this world is real.

the universe must exist, but if you think we live in a virtual reality, it doesn't matter, it would exist within some universe still and it's rules own would still be true
>>
>>55730134
well, we might as well be solipists if that were the case. empricism is far less of a leap of faith than believing that a God that created the universe made man in the Garden of Eden and that since they ate an apple all of their offspring have inherited imperfection and the only cure is to have his son sacrificed on a cross and to eat his body and drink his blood every Sunday.
>>
atheism is the blue pill

it's convincing yourself there is no repercussions for your actions while alive on this planet, plus deluding yourself into thinking humans are so supremely intelligent that there couldn't be a higher power outside of our abilities to detect (unless God chooses to give us that ability)
>>
>>55730182
I personally live my life for others and community so that is something "supreme above me".
>>
>>55729887

>atheism
>not redpilled

So not believing in stupid kids' fairy tales like 80% (or something) of the world population do is not redpilled? That's like the exact definition of redpill.
>>
>>55729816

Actually, there're 2 axes:
gnosticism<-------->agnosticsim
theism<-------->non theism

Being a gnostic non theist would be really dumb.
Any remotely rational atheist is agnostic in its core, show me hard proof af god/s existance and I will not believe in him but accept his existance, otherwise gtfo.

Also, most religions rely on being agnostic theists, if I remember correctly being a gnostic believer was saw in the past as heresy or something like that.
>>
>>55730370

You are british, you should be smarter
>>
>>55730193
>we barely know anything
>heres what I think and anything different is retarded
Just stop. In the grand unlikely scheme of things, there are two options that regardless of our understanding fall into a 5050. Either there is a God or multiple gods, OR there are 0. All evidence could point one way and then God show up and go oh yeah the nigga that wrote that book is wrong but I'm as real as it gets. I don't fucking know who or what's out there but I don't pretend that I know either, because if I did I would be a cunt.
>>
>>55721608
>dawkins supports banning faith schools, circumcision, and hates first-world feminists
Why can't more people be like him?
>>
>>55730134
Whatever the world is real or not is a pointless question and not relevant to Empiricism, which bases knowledge upon information from sensory organs.
>>
>>55730295
>confirmed for not knowing Descartes
No, my point is that you have no way of knowing that what information you receive from the outside world is actually true. You can only know for certain that you yourself exist: cogito ergo sum. The universe could just be something that your mind made up to make sense of your own existence.
>>
>>55730370

No. Religion is convincing yourself that the life is some "test" for you to live forever made by a supreme being.

Can you think of anything more childish? The truth is much darker.

There is no "meaning" to life. There is no one that holds us accountable but ourselves. You must make your own meaning.... not have it spoon fed to you from a book written by a sandnigger 2000 years ago.
>>
>>55730370
I believe it's possible that a god/gods could exist Atheism isn't always disbelief but also lack of belief; this is important to know otherwise you get people calling themselves agnostics despite not believing.

I know there are consequences to my actions. If I cheat on my partner, it can ruin the relationship. If I borrow money and ignore phone calls asking to pay back the money then I can lose a friend. If I don't pay my rent for a long time, I can get kicked out.
>>
>>55728904
Man, debating with apologists is the worst.
>>
>>55730370
>it's convincing yourself there is no repercussions for your actions

I've never understood this argument. Do you truly think that is what atheists believe?

In my experience, it's the exact opposite. Atheists say this is our one and only world so we cannot fuck it up.

I've only ever seen religious people say that they can do what they want because (1) god will forgive them, and (2) if we fuck the world, it doesn't matter because god will come save us.
>>
>>55721608
agnosticism and rejection of religous dogma and non facts
>>
>>55729816
Atheism is traditional. 'Atheism' is just gnostics hiding behind their version of taqiyya.

Gnostics do this because any time and any place where they managed to get political power turns into a bloodbath when sane people get fed up and start a day of the rope. (Google Cathars, Bogomils, Albigensian, Hussites, English Puritans, etc. Modern atheists are the same smelly shit in a new package.)

P.S. Our own day of the rope is coming soon. The tranny, gay and muslim rights thing should tip you off that the gnostics are back into their berserk gear and running this thing into the ground again.
>>
File: 1287446336829.jpg (8 KB, 228x228) Image search: [Google]
1287446336829.jpg
8 KB, 228x228
>>55729816
>Agnostic because you can't know one way or the other

I believe the universe was shat out by a pink unicorn named Clyde, in two seconds. This is a huge improvement over this Jehovah guy, who allegedly built it over seven days.

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>55730434
But even assuming nonexistence is retarded when we only have an understanding of like 4% of the known universe
We can't just assume what dark matter and dark energy is or isn't since we have practically no knowledge of it
>>
>>55730009

i'd feel embarassed if i claimed to have the authority to know the will of god. but i also see those who do not believe in god who claim to understand him.

why did you give up the faith? what were the answers that you sought which you could not find in religion?
>>
>>55730585

>There is no "meaning" to life. There is no one that holds us accountable but ourselves. You must make your own meaning.... not have it spoon fed to you from a book written by a sandnigger 2000 years ago.

that is your religious belief. that everything came from nothing
>>
>>55725979
Humanist values m8 sure Christianity influence in society will not go away but let's no jump to conclusions like religion is a necessity these days.

>>55726842
Atheism and agnosticism is the proper conclusion to the void of a meaningless existence. Let's create meaning by ourselves and objective facts not guided by some retarded books which are not compatible with modern society.
>>
>>55730560

that's exactly what I said, my point is that any simulation would exist within a real universe ultimately
>>
>>55730417

the community are subject to the same slippery slope.
>>
>>55730560
the universe can be anything but that doesn't really make a difference. if medicine a has desired result a and this is universally so then it's true.
>>
i simply cant believe the amount of religious fags on 4chan nowadays.

2006 era would laugh at all you retards. fucking newfags coming here just because they would get laughed out of any other site.
>>
>>55730560

If you actually read Descarte, you would know that he rejected solipsism.

Yes, all that you can be sure of is your own existence, but you MUST still operate on the assumption a real external world exists. This is called "realism".

If you object to realism (as many feminist academics do, for some reason), then try walking out in front of a bus. It doesn't exist, after all... right?
>>
File: ayylmao.jpg (188 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
ayylmao.jpg
188 KB, 1024x768
>>55722467
Everyone who responds to you will make ignorant posts about religion. Atheists can't imagine a world where you believe in a higher power and don't follow some human made text. They lack imagination recite the same tired dogma over and over again.

Attacking religion is easy. Atheism is for cowards.
>>
>>55730623
They conducted a study showing that the religious were less likely to feel guilty for cheating on their partner and therefore more likely to do it again.
>>
So many butthurt fedoras ITT, holy shit
>>
>>55729452

>It's a misunderstanding because it's not literally "nothing". Look for Lawrence Krauss on youtube or something.

i am aware of Krauss' arguments about this. it's completely convoluted and non-sensical, and i'm not saying that merely because i'm not a physicist and i don't understand him; even those very much in a position to "understand" him don't understand him.

>"Finally, on the issue of whether Albert the “moronic” philosopher has a point in criticizing Krauss’ book, Andersen points out: “it sounds like you’re arguing that ‘nothing’ is really a quantum vacuum, and that a quantum vacuum is unstable in such a way as to make the production of matter and space inevitable. But a quantum vacuum has properties. For one, it is subject to the equations of quantum field theory. Why should we think of it as nothing?” Maybe it was just me, but at this point in my mind’s eye I saw Krauss engaging in a more and more frantic exercise of handwaving, retracting and qualifying: “I don’t think I argued that physics has definitively shown how something could come from nothing [so why the book’s title?]; physics has shown how plausible physical mechanisms might cause this to happen. ... I don’t really give a damn about what ‘nothing’ means to philosophers; I care about the ‘nothing’ of reality. And if the ‘nothing’ of reality is full of stuff [a nothing full of stuff? Fascinating], then I’ll go with that.”

you really need to expand your horizons and learn a bit more, and from more varied points of view. to be fair, that's true of all of us, dear anon.
>>
>>55730623

atheists believe in the sovereignty of the self.

there is no higher power, there is no objecrive truth, objective righteousness, objective anything

what comes from this? men who think they are women "because they say so"... women who mash up their babies into organ and blood soup, because they don't want their baby to be defined as a baby

atheism is complete nihilism. the fact it is also an intellectually foolish position to take, i haven't even taken into account
>>
>>55730735

it is not a "belief". it is the default that observation suggests.

In order to believe something more astounding you need something more than "lol it couldn't have come from nothing therefore skydaddy exists".

Let me ask you this. What created god? Did God come from nothing?

No matter what you believe something came from nothing.... or maybe our idea that something NEEDS to come from something is wrong. After all causality is a property of the universe.

So whats more plausible. Energy always existed or Skydaddy did?

Occam's razor says energy.
>>
>>55730980

>slav

DUDE VODKA LMAO

how does the orthodox priest anus taste like?
>>
>>55730980

Hi again Slovakia.

You guys ready to contribute to science in a meaningful way yet?

http://www.openaccessweek.org/profiles/blogs/the-top-20-countries-for-scientific-output
>>
>>55730849
You're almost painfully stupid. Never breed.
>>
>>55730712
If you are truly asking and not just trying to reconvert me, sure i'll bite:

1) My empathy didn't align with what the religion said was right.

2) Tough questions concerning exegesis were never answered.

3) Bible proven to be unreliable when it comes to history despite my study into apologetics claiming it was.

4) The various sects of Christianity fully certain that their interpretation was correct; despite all my arguments with other Christians, I just could not understand how they derived that meaning from such and such text.

5) Nothing in science points to a God.
>>
>>55731079
better than muslim cock

>>55731086
How have you auskeks contributed to science again
>>
>>55729579

>Dawkins doesn't speak for me. You guys act like if he loses a debate that this reflects on atheism.

no, i am suggesting that you put one of YOUR best up against one of OUR best, and have Dawkins (whom i would include in the former group) stop debating with local pastors and people who know relatively nothing of the subject and debate, and debate Craig.

but, alas, Dawkins is too cowardly to debate Dr. William Lane Craig, and many of his fellow atheist travelers have said as much.
>>
>>55731054
>atheism is complete nihilism

You make a lot of claims about what other people believe... even when they tell you they don't believe them...

Perhaps you should go read some Nietzsche. The whole "God is dead" thing was about how people assume nihilism is the only way after losing faith, when in reality it is not.

Nihilism is inevitable after losing faith, sure. But you quickly move on and find meaning in other areas.
>>
File: 1405794944243.jpg (92 KB, 500x641) Image search: [Google]
1405794944243.jpg
92 KB, 500x641
>>55727718
Then you agree that atheists aren't so much concerned with religion itself as they are about Christianity.

>>55727929
This guy is a perfect example. Destroy the religion that your society is based on, yet ignore those other religions who may or may not be much, much less civilized. This isn't atheism, this is anti-Christian.

Atheism has largely become an anti-Christian movement. They use atheism as a cover, because it's not socially acceptable to identify as anti-Christian. To say you are an anti-Christian publicly, the general populace would frown upon it more than if someone simply states they are an atheist.

It would be more intellectually honest if they just admitted that they're against Christianity.

It is true that Dawkins points out things about Islam pretty often, but at one point his primary focus was on Christianity. This is not true for the average liberal "atheist".
>>
>>55731015
Sure, it's always good to expand our horizons but saying it's really from nothing is just a strawman in the end based on how it's used in discussion.

For many reasons it implies things that aren't neccessarily reflective of the person's point of view.
>>
>>55731182
>going out of your way to miss his point
Good job
>>
>>55731054
Stop telling me what I believe.
>>
>>55731295
what point lel
>>
>>55730702

Following that, being a believer would be equally retarded, if not more.

Most things that we thought to have a divine origin in the past, we know now that actually have a logical explanation, and that trend keeps growing.

The jump is way larger on the believer side than on the atheist side.
>>
>>55725979
Christian values are bitching about not enough snowflakes on your corporate coffee cups and playing the victim to imagined slights.
>>
>>55731064

observation doesn't suggest that everything came from nothing. unless you have a theory that i haven't heard from scientists, that shows how the universe came to be, that is based on evidence

what created God? by definition, God is eternal. an extraordinary theory. but one that is required to explain the extraordinary existence of the universe, life, humans, emotions, the innate sense of right and wrong, guilt, gluttony, love, happiness etc

your theory that these things came from no external, knowledgeable force is more unbelievable than the existence of an eternally existing creator
>>
>/pol/ thinks that if they stop believing god they have to support gays, Muslims, Jews, and let their wives be fucked by black men

Truly pathetic.

You refuse to give up your final blue pill out of irrational fear.

If you need Jesus to validate your beliefs, you're weak minded. Plain and simple. If you cant defend your beliefs with logic and need to be able to point to Jesus as an excuse you're a kek
>>
>>55731214
He's not "mine" so "your best" is meaningless.

I don't care about this narrative of us versus them.
>>
>>55730980
slovakia, you are still poor, you need to pray harder.
>>
>>55731054
how do you even jump to the conclusion that atheism=no objective anything? Of course things are objective, real things. How we feel about them is entirely subjective, that includes your precious morals.

A man who say he is a woman is still a man, a fetus is still a human. You seem to think atheists=sjw by default.

Religion is for intellectual weaklings that need a simple rulebook on how to live their lives without thinking for themselves.
>>
>>55730605

>Man, debating with apologists is the worst.

a couple things:

without a noun to be modified, "apologists" is, in this sentence, more of a lonesome adjective than anything else. i consider Dawkins, Harris, Hitchens, et. al. to be atheist apologists.

moreover, "the worst" in what sense? the other two atheists i just named saw the worth in debate Dr. William Lane Craig and other Christian apologists. they did pretty well, all things considered, although they limited themselves to the typical, whiny, "if God exists, why is there suffering" kind of "proofs" (lol) for the non-existence of God.
>>
File: 1321042220024.jpg (10 KB, 285x256) Image search: [Google]
1321042220024.jpg
10 KB, 285x256
>>55731214
>but, alas, Dawkins is too cowardly to debate Dr. William Lane Craig

Not cowardly, just common sense. Why treat a charlatan with the respect due a tenured academic?
>>
>>55731277
I agree that many atheists are overly focused on Christianity and should be attacking the real danger that is Islam. However, most of the big name atheists like Dawkins have always been highly vocal and critical against Islam.
>>
>>55731389

You're trying real hard to steal Australia's shit-posting crown aren't you?

You'll have more success by actually trolling people, rather than just sounding like a retard.

You're funny at this point.
>>
>>55731461
>Czechfag calling anyone poor
>>
>>55721608
Nah...
>>
File: God-Emperor.jpg (319 KB, 1083x913) Image search: [Google]
God-Emperor.jpg
319 KB, 1083x913
Religion is a filter for retards.
You can't be red-pilled and religious at the same time.
Both Islam and Christianity are terrible, with Islam being a lot more terrible.
>>
>>55731447
>but one that is required to explain the extraordinary existence of the universe, life, humans, emotions, the innate sense of right and wrong, guilt, gluttony, love, happiness etc
out of those only existence of the universe is currently unexplainable the rest is just biology
>>
>>55731447

>GOD IS ETERNAL

its so convenient how you can make this jump in logic for god, but that the idea that energy is eternal is hard for you to believe.

Here is a scientific paper on the subject.... not that you actually care about evidence.

http://arxiv.org/abs/1404.1207
>>
>>55731389
>>55729386
>>
>>55731534
Craig believes the holy spirit should be used in debate. I don't deny that he's an expert but he's used his expertise to evanagelize. You don't evanagelize as a philosopher as it misses the point of debating.
>>
>>55731665

here is a laymen version for the retards here.

https://medium.com/the-physics-arxiv-blog/a-mathematical-proof-that-the-universe-could-have-formed-spontaneously-from-nothing-ed7ed0f304a3
>>
>>55729068
Learn some fucking science you idiot. The big bang is not about creation; it's a cosmological model of the universe which explains how the universe evolved from its earliest known stages to present day. It's not just some shit physicists made up; we know all of the universe was condensed together in an extremely dense state due to the presence of the Cosmic Microwave Background literally everywhere in the universe. Obviously, there are many unknowns at the moment (dark matter, dark energy, inflation, etc.), but the big bang is highly supported by empirical evidence and is the prevailing cosmological model for universe for very good reason.
>>
>>55731585

Dude, Czechs shat all over you hen you were unified.

Half of the reason you dissolved was because you were so butthurt at their superiority and leadership over you.

Also, the Czech Repiblic has a higher GDP per capita than you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_%28PPP%29_per_capita

Lmfao.
>>
>>55731542
I particularly feel for Sam Harris that guy is spot on about Islam and the epidemic of PC that enables it on the west.
>>
As long as you believe G(o)od should triumph over (D)evil, you're not an atheist in the truest sense.
>>
>>55725979

>atheism is still christianity

when did people stop going to church? when did people stop having christian based assemblies in the morning at schools?

christianity has only gone from the mainstream in the UK, in the last 30-40 years. look at how far we have fallen, morally

america is more split, because of its vastness, but those liberal, atheist areas like the pacific north west, Austin, New York etc are modern day Sodom and Gomorrahs.

you go on mainstream media and say "abortion is murder" and you will probably be arrested for hate speech. that is what atheism produces
>>
>>55731847
Fuck off already you cunt
>>
I sense an influx on redditors on here.
Why dont you stay on /b/ at least?
Come on, the memes over there get you a lot more upvotes for crossposting!
>>
>>55731542
He's definitely stepped it up in the last few years.
>>
>>55731665

>convenient

it's called an axiom.

your axiom is "nothing created *insert everything i mentioned*

it is delusional
>>
>>55731622
I'd rather live under Christian theocracy than Shariah law.

Dead serious.
>>
File: FmwSTsu.jpg (129 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
FmwSTsu.jpg
129 KB, 960x960
Really awesome video about the universe from the big bang to us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf07e5h8474
>>
>>55731931

lmfao lolol XDXDXD
>>
>>55731454

>/pol/ thinks that if they stop believing god they have to support gays, Muslims, Jews, and let their wives be fucked by black men

then what is your basis for objective morality, from an atheist perspective? i am anxious to hear it; you would be the first atheist in the world to provide such a rationale, absent the existence of God.

>>55731456

i meant "yours" as in the atheist community, and, if you were to take a poll, i'm sure Dawkins would rank at the top, or very near the top, of the best the atheists have to offer in terms of intelligent, informed apologists.
>>
>>55722031
Even if you were trying to b8, I'm with you anon
>>
>>55731973
>shit these people don't hold my same views
>must be redditors!
>>
>>55731999
I am not saying I accept this but if it were proven that it was true then it is true. It doesn't really matter if it seems possible to use. The universe could be unituitive for all we know.
>>
>>55728751
You can't even debate to begin with.

>>55730182
>>55730814
It's not a slippery slope. It isn't a slope to begin with. You're saying thinking for yourself as a link to totalitarianism.That's quite the contradiction.
>>
>>55731887

Man, I miss Hitchens, he would be ripping those PC college fags, 3rd wave feminism and Islam as fuck.
>>
File: 1442953136495.png (167 KB, 636x426) Image search: [Google]
1442953136495.png
167 KB, 636x426
tfw I discovered God through extensive scientific inquiry.
>>
File: 1284858697502.jpg (5 KB, 200x216) Image search: [Google]
1284858697502.jpg
5 KB, 200x216
>>55731704
>Craig believes the holy spirit should be used in debate.

Yeah, I tried explaining to the police that a purple fairy named Bosworth said I can drive past Stop signs anytime I want.

Long story short, I had to pay the fine anyway.
>>
>>55731086
>>55731570
>>55731847
>>55732087
are you just gonna throw irrelevant insults now
>>
>>55732125
As I have said before, I am not interested in having anyone speaking for me and I do not take part of the narrative you describe.
>>
>>55732034

>I'd rather live under Christian theocracy than Shariah law.

and yet, any Christian telling you that such a thing is even possible is lying to you, as the rightful Ruler of such a theocracy is not here with us at the present time.
>>
>>55721608
If he was true redpill he would understand that Christianity is necessary evil.
>>
>>55721608

god is mans first dream of perfect governance

tips deus ex

keep in mind that faith is the same as a political ideology, the individual knows that he is weak and flawed so he coalesces... via race, state, culture, faith take your pick it is the same need to be a part of something more than yourself.

Even the so-called 'individualists' end up conforming to group mentality. It is in our nature to group up and be a part of something greater, and it is from that wellspring that so much liquid shit flows
>>
>>55731999

Are you seriously relying on the argument that "you can't simply explain the specifics of a unique quantum event that occured over 14 billion years ago.... therefore god"?
>>
>>55732227

>As I have said before, I am not interested in having anyone speaking for me and I do not take part of the narrative you describe.

may i ask why you're posting in a thread about that very subject, then?

or, perhaps you were just expecting an unchallenged atheist circle-jerk?
>>
>>55732152
what views do i hold? im very interested in religion but dont believe in a specific one myself.
i just see tons of people spouting shit like how shit religion is without even knowing the tiniest bit about them. thats what makes me think they are redditors.

>le ultimate redpill maymay
pure /b/ tier
>>
>>55732257

He has said many times that he would rather see christians than muslims in control
>>
>>55732214
I think the truth behind Dawkins not debating him is because Craig says the same things in every single debate even though in certain debates the debaters described why you can't really use certain arguments but he uses them anyway because he isn't there to debate but to proselytize.
>>
I have Masters Degree in Philosophy a BA in Physics and Mathematics and I am a proud Catholic
>>
>>55732251
That's true. The only one that could rule in this theocracy is Jesus.
>>
>>55731999

No what I'm saying is that THERE IS EVIDENCE that things can come from nothing.... but nothing isn't really nothing. If you read the paper the energy of the system has always existed so it is eternal.

You are arguing that skydaddy is eternal... so it seems we both think something is eternal... because guess what something had to be right? We think of things so linearly because we are limited.

My only point to you is which is more likely to be eternal? Skydaddy or energy?
>>
>>55732125
>then what is your basis for objective morality, from an atheist perspective?
golden rule, faggot
>>
>>55732405

cognitive dissonance, you apply scientific thinking to certain aspects of reality but not to others
>>
>>55732265

>quantum event

giving something a scientific sounding name doesn't explain it. like "abiogenesis", it doesn't push forward any knowledge on said event whatsoever

ok, so you don't want to say you think "nothing created the everything", you think "a unique quantum event" created the everything... that still means you think that nothing created the everything
>>
>>55732394
I think any reasonable person would

t. gaytheist
>>
>>55732405
>BA
>>
>>55732349
To share my opinions, obviously. You are claiming that if Dawkins loses then I lose. Again, he doesn't speak for me. He is popular mostly for the recently deconverted Christians that used his material to make sense of the doubts they are having about religion.
>>
>>55732493

You are retarded. Scientists use the word nothing to explain it to retards like you. It was nothing in the sense that the universe didn't exists I.E matter.... but the energy of the system existed.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.