[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
World Languages
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8
File: flagworld.png (84 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
flagworld.png
84 KB, 220x220
I want to learn a second language /pol/. Which one is going to be useful and reasonable to pick up?
>>
Arabic
>>
Arabic aka beast language
>>
>>55721133

So many different dialects though. Would I pick modern standard, Egyptian, Levant?
>>
Obviously for an American I think that knowing Spanish would be tremendously useful.

Otherwise if you see yourself working in high tech and/or/ in Asia then obviously Mandarin or whatever would be good

If you want to be part of the most exclusive club in the world that controls the white race and the future of mankind then learn Hebrew
>>
Learn Chinese and Russian.
>>
Arabic
>>
>>55721068
So /pol/ is now /int/
>>
you don't need to learn anything, just don't forget your deep fried coke on your way home
>>
>>55721068
Hebrew. So you can spy on the Jews .
>>
File: trump pepe.jpg (92 KB, 640x653) Image search: [Google]
trump pepe.jpg
92 KB, 640x653
>>55721314

>Obviously for an American I think that knowing Spanish would be tremendously useful.

No need for Spanish, Trump is going to build the wall and get rid of illegals.
>>
>>55721587
There is considerable overlap.
>>
>>55721494
>Chinese
No such thing
>>
i heard american is a good language to learn
>>
>>55721068
with the mudslide in europe and us apparently, i'd go for some eastern language, chinese, japan,...
>>
>>55721908
japanese*
>>
>>55721068
I'd say Arabic or Spanish(if you don't already know this, which you should desu).
>>
English is objectively the most useful language. There is no respectable place in the world where you wouldn't get by only knowing it.

Everything beyond that depends entirely on where you live, what field you're hoping to work in, where you're planning on going etc. For example a Canadian like me may want to learn french just out of principle that it's one of my country's two official languages, and should I ever feel the need to go to Quebec for whatever depraved reason I would be much better off since they are snotty as fuck towards English speakers
>>
File: 1408294914989.jpg (136 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
1408294914989.jpg
136 KB, 1440x900
>>55721686
>considerable overlap
It's now the same fucking board, except /pol/ is slightly more racist and desperate for approval from fellow users.
>>
>>55721068
Britbong here.
I can 'get by' in French and German but I have taught myself Arabic and been able to hold conversations with Arabic speakers. I learnt Modern Standard Arabic and it seems to work with every Arabic speaker I have encountered.

being American maybe Spanish is on the cards for you but something now draws me to Russian?

There are lots of Eastern Europeans in Britain at the moment (Poles, latvians, lithuanians, etc) and most of them can speak Russian to communicate.

it's a big world out there Burgerbro . .. make your choice!
>>
>>55721068
Judging by the state of affairs it would have to be Hindi
>>
Learn nip. Try learning Indus valley script
>>
Swedish.

It's cool to speak dead languages.
>>
>>55721068
Spanish so u can tell yo mex servant exactly what u want from him.
>>
>>
>>55721314
how about hebrew? ive heard that its hard lad.

I also want to get into russian, redpill me on russian
>>
Arabic or Spanish desu.
>>
>>55721305
Lebanese one. Easiest one to speak and understand. That and the Syrian dialects
>>
>>55721068
Learn C++ and Java since we are in the technological era.
>>
>>55722215
I won't learn Romanian to speak to my servants
(yes, I do actually have Romanian servants)
>>
>>55722211
kek

I remember when Esperanto was a thing but later I heard that more people spoke Klingon than Esperanto, so it put me off a bit.
>>
>>55722277

Canadabro, I've heard Russian grammar is hard as fuck, and you have to learn cyrillic alphabet.
>>
>>55722398
Don't worry, you're not the only one. The may steal my copper, but they clean my house like niggers.
>>
>>55722277
Well it's a semetic language, for someone who doesn't know one it would be pretty different. It has a lot of ridiculous and impractical grammar rules because of how old it is. That said, modern Hebrew is a bit simplified in that department and the vocabulary is significantly modernized; there's a lot of carry over words from English actually.

Russian is a good idea actually, there's a significant enough amount of Russian speakers in eastern Europe to make it worthwhile, and of course Russia itself is one of the world's most relevant countries at the moment. I opted to learn German a while ago but my 2nd option was Russian.
>>
>>55722510
i know but could be rewarding burgerbro dont you think? think of reading all the russian classics in russian and the qts as the bonus
>>
Learn French or German, speaking those languages is gonna be rare skill in the future.
>>
>>55722510
Cyrillic alphabet is easy as fuck
>>
>>55721068

French or german. It will help when co-ordinating attacks during the next happening. Spanish will eb worthless, they are half islamic as a people anyway and prostrate themselves the second 1 little bomb goes off in a train station.
>>
>>55722656
> think of reading all the russian classics in russian

That's a pretty big perk, yes. If you're really into /lit/ then depending on the subject matter there is a LOT of worthwhile literature in Russian, French, German, Chinese and then some.
>>
>>55722677

Kek.
>>
>>55721068
learn the lenguague of a place that you would like to visit/live. Where are you ging to emigrate when the second american civil wars starts?
>>
>>55721068

Learn Spanish or Arabic so you can help America become non-White.
>>
French, because you will be fighting along side them in the coming war
>>
File: 1436964140980.png (160 KB, 450x433) Image search: [Google]
1436964140980.png
160 KB, 450x433
There honestly isn't much of a point. I've traveled all over the world in my line of work. Each time I visited a new country or region, I thought it would be a good idea to learn some of their language. But it's really pointless. Anyone worth talking to speaks English, and the second you try talking to them and they hear your accent, they will switch to speaking English. It is the lingua franca for nearly the entire planet. The only place where you'll really run into important people not speaking English is Japan or China, and the almost always have a translator follow them around for business things.
>>
File: estelada.png (7 KB, 675x450) Image search: [Google]
estelada.png
7 KB, 675x450
catalan
>>
>>55722970

I know English is pretty dominant in the world, but I still want to learn to challenge myself and expand my knowledge, enjoy different literature, etc.
>>
>>55721068

Arabic.

I'm serious. It'll give you tactical advantage in the battle.
>>
>>55722820

You forgot most of south america. Given that op is american, spanish might actually be a good choice because of the possibilities it opens in trade (from a strict corporate view), should op be required to do business with a south american client on the behalf of a company.
German is a good choice because of its industry.
>>
>>55722970
I've never liked this argument. Yes, in 2015 there is no such thing as a language barrier in terms of understanding each other, but being able to speak to someone in their language, to play on their home turf, will open up possibilities that were previously not there.

I see it constantly when I bust out on French [which I was lucky enough to learn first hand in France] with native French speakers. The treatment you receive is 180 degrees different than if you both have to settle on that English middle ground.
>>
File: 1409362727517.jpg (86 KB, 343x343) Image search: [Google]
1409362727517.jpg
86 KB, 343x343
>>55721068

Beaner or Frogspeak. Maybe Kraut or Chink.
>>
>>55722970
Then you are a complete dipstick . . .I have learnt the basics in every country I have been to, (Yes, No, Please, thank-you, etc.)

As an America OP is better off learning Spanish (it's also a gateway to Italian)
>>
>>55723372

How about portuguese? I've heard Brazil is going to become increasingly important in the world theatre.
>>
>>55723651
kek
nice proxy, brazil
>>
learn arabic so u know what the mohammedans are saying.
>>
>>55722158

Poles don't generally speak Russian and get offended if you try to speak Russian to them, maybe a tiny minority in the 40 something to 50 something age group do but you'd be hard pressed to find anyone younger than that that does, unless they go out of their way to learn it.

Pretty much any Latvian will understand it but quite a few don't speak it very well, it's even more dire in Lithuania because the Russian-speaking minority is a lot smaller, but on the whole Russian is still the most useful language you can learn if you want to get your foot in the door with a lot of Eastern Europeans, my brother's gf is Bulgarian and we understand their customs and a lot of the language by the virtue of knowing Russian, didn't even know that people from all over the butthurt belt get on so well

t. Polish-speaking Baltic immigrant
>>
>>55721068
Go for Spanish. I took it in school for 5 years and it has opened SO many doors for me. It's a very easy language to learn for English speakers and it's probably one of the most useful languages you can learn if you plan on staying in the US (or the Americas for that matter).
>>
>>55722135
This right here. /int/ is a little more autistic, but for the most part we're the same board.
>>
File: 1402106471792.jpg (18 KB, 476x379) Image search: [Google]
1402106471792.jpg
18 KB, 476x379
>>55724042

No, don't.

It's niggerspeak. "Help me God, help me God. White man keeping me down, help me God."

Who the fuck cares. Learn Chink.
>>
>>55723427
I don't agree with it and I wish it weren't the case but it's just a fact. I personally speak English, German, and some Greek. I just don't have much use for it. The only reason I speak Greek is because I'm a sailor and we get a lot of poor as fuck Greek slaves who can't speak English
>>
>>55723579
I have too. If you read my post you would just see that it is completely useless. The second you ask "Where is the bathroom?" in Italian or something the guy will just respond in English "right over there"
>>
>>55724371
I work with lots of Eastern Europeans (who doesn't these days) and a lot of them DO understand Russian. my mate at work, who us Latvian (a real Latvian, not a Russian) tends to find loads of Lithuanians and Poles who are in their 20's that are good Russian speakers (admittedly the older ones are more likely to speak it though).

I helped a Latvian out once (long story) but I had to go to Gatwick to get his car and drive it home, he was a Merchant Seaman and he had been all around the world and he only spoke Russian ?
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.