[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Religious Truth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 14
File: Religion.jpg (36 KB, 500x481) Image search: [Google]
Religion.jpg
36 KB, 500x481
/pol/, which religion is the truth?
>>
>>55719228
Mormons.
>>
>>55719228

None of them anon, but there are religions that promote good values and morals and religions which teach evil.

Its up to you to follow those which are righteous, and fight those that are evil
>>
>>55719675

Which ones do you personally think promote good morals, and which are not virtuous?
>>
File: 13.png (27 KB, 220x373) Image search: [Google]
13.png
27 KB, 220x373
>>55719228
>>
File: 58198340.jpg (67 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
58198340.jpg
67 KB, 400x400
none, they are all for enslaving peoples mind.
>>
I've been through a lot of religions, like a lot. I gave up because they were all about death and fear.
Eventually I made my way around the spectrum and decided to settle on Spiritual Satanism. It is a very life loving, free religion. It seems more honest then any of the other religions, plus no death and fear. We are taught to be responsible for our own actions too.
>>
>>55719846

The aztecs had a pure evil religion, which makes islam look like daisies and cream in comparison.

Some religions like christianity, judiasm, and bhuddism have kind intentions, but are ultimately weak. And it doesn't do you any good for a culture to be moral, if they are destroyed.

Not trying to be autistic edgyfag here, but early pagan religions seem to be both virtous and strong. The gauls did appalling aztec-tier shit, and the vikings too, but on the whole I would say europe would be best off returning to its roots.
>>
File: image.jpg (111 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
111 KB, 1024x768
Sikhism
Buddhism
Catholicism
Atheism

If you aren't any of these then you're a dirty leftist or a terrorist
>>
File: GET-A-LOAD.jpg (137 KB, 776x602) Image search: [Google]
GET-A-LOAD.jpg
137 KB, 776x602
>>55723233
>Catholicism
>>
>>55721963
Why dont you just not have a religion retard?
>>
Until god answers we will never know
>>
>>55723476
>Or doesnt answer
Wait... he's already doing that...
>>
Christianity
>>
>>55721218
nice dogma senpai
>>
File: tree of life.gif (500 KB, 2420x915) Image search: [Google]
tree of life.gif
500 KB, 2420x915
Pantheism.
>>
Why are you all in a hurry?

Everyone will find out soon enough
>>
>>55723233
>Sikhism
>Buddhism
>Catholicism
>Atheism

All of those are leftist.
>>
The God Emperor is the only god man needs
>>
>>55723421
deus vult
>>55723689
no they aren't
>>
>>55723799
Holy shit lmao what millenia do you live in
>>
>>55723433
Cause I know something had to create us and I was given answers. Nothing supernatural about it, all backed by science.
>>
>>55724705
Biological evolution created humans.
>>
Any religion that holds panpsychist philosophies
>>
>>55724844
Until you get to the missing link and you cant find it. What if genetic engineering took place?
I believe evolution exists as there is plenty of proof, but the missing link is the controversial topic. I believe a being performed genetic engineering on pre-humans and made us into what we are today.
>>
>>55725235
Though I like the general direction of your thought, rocks aren't conscious beings.
>>
Agnostic Atheism
Or if you want to be really serious about it, Ignosticism
>>
>>55725294
What missing link? What part of human evolution is mysteriously missing? You also understand that a history of genetic engineering in our history would show up conspicuously in our DNA right?
>>
>>55725294
There will always be missing links. You find a link, it creates two more missing links. The fact that we can even find fossils of animals that can link from one species to another is almost a geological miracle. Expecting to close gaps every single step of the way from one species to another is a ridiculous desire.
>>
>>55719846
morality has nothing to do with religion

if you need religion to teach you morals then you are weak and should just kill yourself now
>>
>>55725354
It's more that consciousness and experience is a physical property of all objects, and that people are conscious in that we have five senses to experience the world, and an extremely complex network of neurons to operate as we do, whereas rocks don't.
>>
>>55719228

None. Ancient sandniggers using fear to teach their children to behave no thanks.
>>
Define truth?
>>
File: 1402929802253.jpg (21 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1402929802253.jpg
21 KB, 250x250
>>55725294
>but the missing link is the controversial topic.
About 100 fucking years ago
>>
File: 142176170045.png (86 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
142176170045.png
86 KB, 480x480
Humanisticism.
>>
>>55725993
I really don't understand how stupid someone has to be to claim flaws in science that could be proven nonsense with a 2 minute google search and let that misunderstanding guide their purpose in life.
>>
>>55719228
They are all extensions of the truth. Tought patterns build around it. Often based on some individual who has realized the truth. As these tought patterns they are used to point in to the truth but also to other motives, the end result beign sometimes very far from the orginal thing. As a rule of an thumb, the more complex, the more away from the source.
>>
>>55719228
Nihilism you childish mong.
>>
>>55719228
Deism
>>
>>55726564
Nihilsm is the patron philosophy of college underclassmen and edgy high schoolers.
>>
>>55726711
And?
Said things do not invalidate Nihilism.
>>
>>55726834
Yeah lol, most people grow out of it. You can't live your life thinking it has no meaning.
>>
>>55719228
Confucianism is quite possibly the best one out of those
>>
>>55719228
realistically there is no god or gods. all these people are wasting their time
>>
>>55726950
>Yeah lol, most people grow out of it

This is an ad hominem/ad populum. If you think nihilism is false, ie. life is meaningful, the burden of proof lies with you.
>>
>>55719228
They all can't be right so maybe they are all wrong by defult. Going with none is the best option.
>>
Atheism
>>
>>55727255
It's very simple, you live for the people you love. Do you not have anyone you love?>>55727288
That is a rare banner on this board
>>
>>55719228
Christianity

Science, the modern world, and the west would no exist without Christianity
>>
>>55727361
You have literally no way of knowing that, in fact it's easy to point out examples where chistianity suppressed scientific progress.
>>
>>55726950
People grow out of the lame, bootleg version of Nihilism heavily influeced by Anarchism and derivates.
Of course high schoolers and "college underclassmen" seem to like Nihilism, because the "LOL NO RULES MAN NOTHING IS TRUE LETS DO EVERYTHING WE WANT XDDD" feature is the common anarcho-like excuse that appeals these people so much.
Just because they think that Nihilism is that, it doesn't mean that Nihilism is that thing, if you know what i mean.
More and more people are hopping on the "nihilism train" just because of the small, anarchism feature Nihilism suddenly implicates.
Nietzsche was a deranged man, but his works are pretty solid.
>>
>>55719228
>religion
>truth
Here's your reply baitlord.
>>
None, they are all a bunch of superstitious bullshit.

That's not to say they can't teach good things, that they can't have helpful moral points. But all the prayer, all the rituals, all of that is a waste of fucking time and energy that could be better spent.
>>
>>55727558
I'm not denigrating it's validity, I'm just saying you grow out of it because nihilism breeds depression and depression breeds nihilism. Nihilists aren't happy because they have no purpose.
>>
File: 1326473936811.jpg (197 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1326473936811.jpg
197 KB, 600x800
>>55719228
My dick is the one true religion.
"Don't believe in yourself, believe in your dick" - Kamina
"Give her the D" - René Descartes
>>
>>55727439
No science is a direct result of Christianity and Christian values
It's way easier of find examples of Christianity empowering science since literally every early scientist was a priest or studying to be a priest

Only someone ignorant of history would downplay the Christian beliefs role in science and enlightenment
>>
>>55727202
Agree on this one. People or humans, just need explanation to everything - eg. what is life?
>>
File: 女神のパンツ.jpg (238 KB, 1240x1753) Image search: [Google]
女神のパンツ.jpg
238 KB, 1240x1753
>>55723591
>Pantheism
>religion of panties
Also acceptable.
>>
>>55719228
I don't know and humanity most likely will never know
Daily reminder that we only understand 4% of the known universe
>>
File: FB_IMG_1424512034501.jpg (24 KB, 480x300) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1424512034501.jpg
24 KB, 480x300
Christianity- Roman Catholic church
DEUS VULT
>>
>>55727767
No matter what the primary philosophy was at the time it would have to be intertwined with scientific advancement. You have literally no way of knowing if christianity made scientific advancement increase. Technology is moving faster than ever in the most godless time in history.
>>
>>55727361
You're full of shit, China isn't Christian and neither is Japan yet they made massive strides in science.
The only reason they didn't hit the jackpot like we did I they were far too isolationist.
Christianity has hindered our advancements far more than it has ever helped us
>>
>>55727694
Only the untermenschen are depressed.
Nihilism is not the fatalistic depression hugbox you think it is.
Nihilism was supposed to be the annihilation before the rebuilding.
Unfortunately, it got hijacked pretty quickly by existentialists and anarcho-idiots who ruined it with their babbling and "no laws and rules, nothing really matters".
>>
>>55727941
Christianity didn't make scientific advancement increase
It created science

Science was not formally a thing until the 1800s
Before that it was all just theologians, philosophers, and mathematicians

>>55727965
Nah science wasn't introduced to them until after it was created in Europe

They had major discoveries yes but discovery is not science
Science is very rigid
>>
>>55728297
It could have been created without christianity, possibly even earlier without it. You have no way of knowing and your confidence is unfounded.
>>
File: 1421429161177s.jpg (4 KB, 111x124) Image search: [Google]
1421429161177s.jpg
4 KB, 111x124
>>55727333
I have some (albeit very few, otherwise I wouln't be on 4chan) things in my life that make me want to keep on living, but even then, there is no valid philosophical/ethical/whatever reason to think that life is meaningful and truly worth living

pic /pol/ related
>>
>>55728420
Why do you think life's meaning has to be 100% logical? You can easily just say it's about living for those you love and care about.
>>
>>55721034
Seconded

If you look at ancient Hinduism. It's some good shit.
>>
>>55728297
>>55727965
You're all retarded. Science means knowledge, you don't even know what you're talking about.
>>
File: Flying Spaghetti Monster.jpg (21 KB, 452x233) Image search: [Google]
Flying Spaghetti Monster.jpg
21 KB, 452x233
The only true god is the Flying Spaghetti Monster, we have been fooled by all those other religions.

CONVERT NOW OR HE IS WILL BOIL YOU IN TOMATO SAUCE
>>
>>55728409
I doubt it would be created without Christianity and europid influence
Nevertheless downplaying religion's role in science is pretty gross

Irreligious scientists is a purely modern notion
>>
>2015
>still no Muslim

Stay pleb senpai
>>
None of the above.
>>
>>55728754
God man you are dense as fuck. Just as an anecdote, I was taught that evolution wasn't true in CCD even though it is. They tried to indoctrinate me with ideas that are disproven with basic science.
>>
>>55728717
CONVERT NOW OR HE WILL BOIL YOU IN TOMATO SAUCH
>>
>>55728903
SAUCE*
>>
>>55728686
Nah
Science does if you go by etymology but no one called people scientists or even had an idea of science until the 1800s
Science consists of an incredibly rigid set of rules, empirical evidence, and peer review
That notion was non existent before that time

Even math was incredibly wonky until I always forget his name but this mathematician came along and made everything much more formal
>>
>>55728536
I can make up a reason for myself to keep on living as you suggest, but if we want to be completely honest about the way to world really is, we can't deny that nihilism the truest, most logical and most honest world view
>>
>>55725390
And if you really want to get more serious about it, there's always the religion disguised as a joke, or the joke disguised as a religion, Discordianism.

Once you get past the edgy phase where you think the jokes mocking other religions are funny, and the Miley Cyrus phase where you go OMG LEL SO ZANY for a bit, the Anti-Discordian phase where you hate that you ever got involved with it, and then the "I can't take anything seriously anymore," phase where you can't shake off the philosophical principles it's built upon, you end up somewhere in the realm of "Primitive Christianity", where you finally know everything there is to know about everything and you speak in parables a lot, begin to think that everyone around you is a whole lot more clever than they really are because you interpret so many things out of what they're saying, and just... bleh... from then on.

And it's goddamned depressing, let me tell ya.
>>
>>55728881
CCD?
Besides that American religious denominations are wholly different from their euro counterparts
>>
>>55719228
What's the chain-like david's star? Looks like a more badass version of Judaism, do want.
>>
>>55729140
Turns out that the meaning of life doesn't have to come down to a logical and mathematical proof. I think your assertion that it has to shows your ignorance.

>>55729229
Catholic church classes in summer and on sunday for kids. It's nation is irrelevant, they were telling kids that science is wrong, not just biology either, geology too.
>>
Probably Hinduism. I'd get into it more, but I don't believe in public defecation.
>>
>>55729083
>Science consists of an incredibly rigid set of rules
>peer review (circlejerk)
>empirical evidence (cheap materialism)
That's what makes "science" so anti-scientific.
>>
>>55729140
Anyway, I'm atheist (went through a hc-christfag phase in my teens) but my favourite religions are

>Confucianism
>Buddhism
>Hinduism
>Christianity

Not necessarily in that order. I don't consider myself an antitheist, I believe that religion does help some people lead better lives.
>>
I looked into religion quite a bit a while back and came to the conclusion that Sikhism was the best of all the mainstream religions
>>
>>55730581
Why the hell do you think that?
>>
>>55729355
Just because you feel like your life has meaning doesn't mean it actually has.. That's called emotional reasoning.
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.