[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you vote for a law that mandates mandatory IQ tests before
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7
File: Deliverance.jpg (59 KB, 640x300) Image search: [Google]
Deliverance.jpg
59 KB, 640x300
Would you vote for a law that mandates mandatory IQ tests before someone is allowed to reproduce? Why?
>>
No you fucking communist faggot
>>
>>55714679
IQ doesn't really indicate success well enough. There are plenty of lazy fucks with high IQs out there. I think a hard-working dumb person should have every right to have kids.
>>
>>55714679
No, jews have decent IQs
>>
>90% of blacks don't reproduce
Would significantly reduce crime in the ghetto.
>>
Not really. I mean the dumb masses keep society afloat and running. What Utopia do you think happens if only 135> IQs
>>
>>55714679
I had several IQ tests, and they all showed around 130, but that's a fucking stupid idea.
>>
>>55714679
The world needs ditch diggers too.
>>
>>55715295
Exactly. All it would mean is that people with 135s would have to work at the shitty jobs the dumbest people today do.
>>
>>55714679
I wish it were that simple.
>>
Yes, because contrary to popular belief human life is not intrinsically valuable.
All those immigrants you see in the news would not have to try and get their families to countries that don't have enough room for them if they were smart enough to realize that they shouldn't bring a child into the world if they can't look after it in their current situation, therefore shouldn't have done so. It's not the responsibility of other countries to look after you and your family just because you're religion tells you to breed like mindless rabbits, the children that result from your carelessness and stupidity are your responsibility alone. They are not valuable or sacred just because they're children.
Obviously there needs to be a balance between having enough of a population to be able to support the economy but not too much of a population that the economy cannot support it's people, the best thing to happen would be to stop all immigration and limit breeding so that the population declines until it is at the perfect number. This number would take into consideration the amount of land that is available for population, the resources available in that given area and so on.
>>
>>55714679
IQ tests are overrated. Tests show my IQ as close to 140, but I'm pretty useless to society all things considered.
>>
>>55714679
Why not.

An easier and less costly way would just be to dismantle the welfare state and let mother nature weed out the stupid.

>>55714854
It's actually the best predictor of success in life.
>>
>>55714679
disparate impact ruling made IQ testing for jobs impossible thus causing all businesses to now require a college degree of some sort
>>
>>55714679
Asians would take over the world.
>>
>>55715295
Automation would replace unskilled labor.
>>
>>55714679
Yep, it would greatly reduce the number of cretins around.
>>
>I had 140 in hs
>I read cryptology and handed out exam answers in ADFGX squares
>suddenly all notes become sky high, and teachers keked
I love basic enycription
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (127 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
127 KB, 1280x720
>>55714679
>>55714854
>nigger and spic territory

They wouldn't be able to reproduce, but then again a lot of other people wouldn't be able to.

>>55716356
The 135s aren't smart enough to build the robots. Even if they were replaced, that's bad because everyone needs to be laboring.
>>
>advocating eugenics
>implying you wouldn't be subject to the cull
Bong logic, everyone.
>>
>>55716689
>The 135s aren't smart enough to build the robots.
What? Of course they are. It's already happening.

> Even if they were replaced, that's bad because everyone needs to be laboring.
The unskilled would be sterilized, after a few generations there would be no stupid people left.
>>
>>55714679
Your forgetting empathy is just as important
>>
>>55716824
How is that relevant?
>>
>>55716814

employing low iq machinists
>>
>>55716779
>being fearful of eugenics
>hates Anglos
Niggers, everyone. Your grandmother took thick white slaver cock.
>>
>>55717105
The machinist will eventually get replaced with a robot.
>>
No, IQ tests just measure a person's ability to take an IQ test.

In reality, human intelligence has not yet been quantified by modern science, let alone measured.

We would not know what we were actually selecting for, and we would be depriving people of basic liberties based on nothing but emotion and speculation.
>>
>>55714679
Forced sterilization when people receive welfare for a long period would be a start.
>>
>>55717390

That's shit.

People with high IQs are proven better problem solvers have better memory and impulse control.

This all intelligence is valid, dancing nigger are on par with Electrical engineers is fucking bullshit.

IQ doesn't guarantee success in life but success in life and especially in the areas that drive a modem society require a high level of intelligence.
>>
Naw, IQ doesn't work well. Smart people can still be idiots. Idiocy is something voluntary, something learned or taught, not necessarily born. Selective breeding was supposed to do it's job by motivating people to only breeding with decent, productive people because doing otherwise would only serve to harm you.

But now that that's out the window, enough idiots are breeding with idiots and raising more idiots that said idiots can easily find another idiot to have kids with and make more idiots. Now all you have are idiots raised off of destructive ideas.

The only think you can hope for is hardship and conflict that will burn away most of the idiot inside a person by teaching them how the world really works and giving them some perspective. The idiots that don't adapt will die off.
>>
>>55714679
No. I'd rather Darwinism be allowed.
>>
No. At maximum I would advocate reproductory benefits in certain sectors where only intelligent people work, and prosecute evangelist churches.
>>
>>55717390
>No, IQ tests just measure a person's ability to take an IQ test.
>In reality, human intelligence has not yet been quantified by modern science, let alone measured.
It's quite amazing how the same slogans get repeated by the brainwashed masses.

Please abstain from posting if you know nothing about the subject.
>>
>>55714679
Instead of not allowing something I would greatly support high IQ people having children. For example 500k per kid for a high IQ couple. Set the IQ requirements high enough and the cost of this support is not expensive at all for the government. This "investment" will pay itself back many times over because high IQ people end up in higher positions and benefit the country through innovation.

What people don't understand is that a country is only as good as the people in it. That's why Africa sucks and Europe is being flushed down the drain. China and other Asian countries don't have this issue because their minorities are so minor. It is an unfortunate fact that even in the US the lower IQ minorities are massively outbreeding higher IQ people (not even race related).
>>
>>55714679
A better system would be to force people to pay taxes for every child they have after their first born (pretty much the opposite of welfare). Only successful people with a genetic affinity for hard work and success could afford to have multiple kids. Would be a step in the right direction as far as evolution goes.
>>
>>55717727
>that's shit

Cool feels, bro.

Success can be predicted reasonably well by giving tests in societies in which credentials are received through the taking of tests, but that does not actually mean that IQ tests definitively measure intelligence.

As I said, modern science has not yet conclusively determined what intelligence even is.

If you think you know otherwise, prove it, step forward and receive your Nobel and lavish funding.

>This all intelligence is valid

Nobody even implied that, so I doubt that you know anything that modern neurosciences does not, as you apparently can not even comprehend a few short sentences and instead go off on tangents flinging strawmen.

But hey, you can always prove me wrong, let me know when you're published, I look forward to reading your works.
>>
>>55718071

IQ is imperfect. Mentally retarded individuals will have a low IQ, healthy individuals will have a high IQ. However, this doesn't really flesh out the nuances of intelligence in healthy individuals. For example, people who habitually do not exert any effort or show poor study skills. This poses the theory that past a certain point, intelligence and "smarts" is something you can learn and become. The fault in believing otherwise is that if it didn't come naturally, you didn't have it. Queue the funeral march for lost potential.
>>
>>55718071
The slogans repeated by the "brainwashed masses" are that IQ tests measure intelligence.

Or, prove me wrong, show me the studies that concretely quantify human intelligence.
>>
>>55718690
Oh and once you've done that, then go ahead and show me the studies that prove conclusively that IQ tests accurately measure intelligence.
>>
>>55714679
no.
I'm an American.
We give two shits about actual human rights.
>>
>>55717157
Joke's on you. I'm a beaner.
>>
>>55718668
>IQ is imperfect.
Sure, but modern IQ tests are highly loaded in g.

>Mentally retarded individuals will have a low IQ, healthy individuals will have a high IQ.
Plenty of healthy individuals will have low IQs.

> This poses the theory that past a certain point, intelligence and "smarts" is something you can learn and become.
But that's untrue. Obviously, intelligence by itself is useless if not put to use through studying and learning, but unused intelligence is still intelligence.

>>55718690
>The slogans repeated by the "brainwashed masses" are that IQ tests measure intelligence.
Where do you live? Saying that IQ tests measure intelligence is one of the big taboos of today's society.

>Or, prove me wrong, show me the studies that concretely quantify human intelligence.
Sure buddy. Intelligence is quantified thanks to a statistical construct known as "g" which stands for general intelligence. It is defined as "the hidden factor which makes you good at intellectual tasks". Its wikipedia definition is as follows :
> It is a variable that summarizes positive correlations among different cognitive tasks, reflecting the fact that an individual's performance at one type of cognitive task tends to be comparable to that person's performance at other kinds of cognitive tasks.

Since you appear to know next to nothing about the subject, I heartily encourage you to read the wiki article on the subject :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G_factor_(psychometrics)

>>55718820
>Oh and once you've done that, then go ahead and show me the studies that prove conclusively that IQ tests accurately measure intelligence.
You could read the book "The Bell Curve". It shows that IQ, among other things, is the best predictor for college GPA, success in the workplace, marriage stability, criminality, and a host of other behaviors and outcomes where intellect plays a role.
>>
>>55714679
What use would that be? We don't need especially smart people, we need decent ones. People with a humble heart who don't make excuses when work is ringing at the door, but take the old gloves and start finishing it off. People with hopes for the future without eternal gain in mind. People without attitudes but abilities to not only consume, but to produce the things we all want and need. Screw a high IQ, I'd take a decent working boot wearing man over a professor anytime.
>>
>>55714679
No because I can think of 3 ways, off the top of my head, that such a law could be twisted to deny people reproductive rights.

I would, however, support culling of children based on disabilities.
>>
>>55718461

>WE DON"T KNOW WHAT INTELLIGENCE IS!

Fuck off with that hippy shit.

that's a rhetorical statement not a logical one. Here let me define for you what intelligence is in the context of IQ .

The ability to solve problems and memory.

These task are broken down in an IQ test(real IQ tests like WISC or Stanford-Binet not online click bait) into sub-test that measure specific categories. Broadly between visual and verbal with smaller sub-tests within these categories.

Test scores are a ranking of ability to solve these sub-tests and the score is ranked comparative to others of your age level. Until adult hood after which everybody is consider on the same ranking category(16 being adulthood in this context.)

These test have been found to predict very well the ability to solve the types of tasks ranked on these test.

You can call it whatever you like but I know If you score very high on let's say the digit span sub test of the verbal IQ section of the WISC and someone else scores lower and I need someone with good short term memory skills than I would be better off picking you for that task.

We also know that people that score highly on one or two subsection of either one broad category(Visual or Verbal) are very likely to score highly within most other subsection in that same broad category. (and when they don't often that's associated with some type of impairment).

The US armed forces uses this knowledge all the time to place people within their ranks on tasks the ASVAB being a test that is functionally very similar(although with a much higher cultural/knowledge bias)

Now what do you mean by intelligence?
>>
>>55720374
>We don't need especially smart people, we need decent ones
Smart people are usually far more decent than dumb people.
>>
>>55714679
My IQ is around 130-140 depending on the test. My answer is absolutely yes.
>>
>>55721025
>My IQ is around 130-140 depending on the test.
How many of these test have been online? All of them, right?
>>
>>55720839
>Now what do you mean by intelligence?
They usually go with that meme "multiple kinds of intelligence" bullcrap formulated in the 1980s by a jewish-american psychologist named Howard Gardner. His theories were met with scorn and ridicule within academia, since they are not backed by any proof whatsoever, but were very popular among lefties in educational circles, hence why it's still so popular today.
>>
>>55714679
No, I think a 100% high IQ society can function only when all administrative jobs (from garbage collection to white collar jobs) are automated or nearly automated. You also need a strong social state since a lot of high IQ people might not relish the role of parent.

Until that happens, you need "normal" people to have a functioning economy and nation.

Also IQ alone doesn't mean much, I think that temperament and certain character traits such as perseverance are more important in the long run. I'll chose an affable person with 115 IQ over an insufferable lazy prick with 135 IQ any day.
>>
File: mapethnichomelandsu-s-new.jpg (113 KB, 673x641) Image search: [Google]
mapethnichomelandsu-s-new.jpg
113 KB, 673x641
>>55716689
More niggers = lower IQ.

Color (heh) me surprised.
>>
>>55714679
No, I can't stand the poor having kids but having the government tell them they can't is wrong. We shouldn't pay for their dirty ball kids to eat and have shelter, let the poor starve, they provide nothing and most are niggers.
>>
>>55714679
Maybe not IQ tests but definitely parenting classes, especially after hearing my fiance's stories from the daycare she works at.
>>
>>55714679
The survival of a civilization is a matter of the whole character, not mere IQ.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pietas
>>
File: 1442474525895.jpg (4 MB, 7129x3833) Image search: [Google]
1442474525895.jpg
4 MB, 7129x3833
Look at how vault 75 turned out. What a bitch to get through to be honest

>>55722534
U P D A T E D
>>
>>55722866
>3.93 MB, 7129x3833
>>
File: mfhf.jpg (27 KB, 484x504) Image search: [Google]
mfhf.jpg
27 KB, 484x504
>>55722866
mostly Scandinavian/British/German = >100 IQ
mostly Niggers and Spics = ≤ 100 IQ

A coincidence, right?

(btw almost no white people left in the South, eek.)
>>
ITT people who don't realize that throughout most of history, people with high IQ's were hunting and laboring in the fields with all the rest of them. People with high IQs would be more than happy to work traditionally lower class jobs if they paid really well and didn't require as many hours. This would be the case if we didn't have the huge population surplus and immigrant surge that we have now. If companies actually had to compete to attract labor, they would be forced to raise wages or automate, which would be a win either way. Studies have shown that people with higher IQs are less likely to commit crime and more likely to be responsible citizens, so society would really benefit from human evolution.

I disagree with the OP in his method of implementation, however. There shouldn't be authoritarian measures instated to cull noncompetitve populations. Instead, the government or a nonprofit organization should offer basic income to everyone (partly to bring leftist into the compromise) and reduce the amount of basic income by half for every pregnancy that an individual is responsible for (both men and women). Free sterilization and birth control would also be available. The program should immediately start paying for itself as the number of welfare babies is reduced.
>>
>>55714679
Motherfucker I'd become a judge ala Dredd to enforce it. Without hesitation.
>>
File: 1441384437219.jpg (264 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1441384437219.jpg
264 KB, 800x600
>Literally every American in the thread against getting rid of the stupid
>geeiwonderwhy.jpg
>>
>>55714679
>Mandatory IQ tests
>get an IQ of 100
>Piss off the state
>Second IQ test demanded
>IQ of 70
>lol no reproduction for you

Nah, it'd be more fucked than China's One Child Policy and birth rates are low across the West as it is.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.