[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is gender only in your head?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 6
File: 432423.png (116 KB, 485x486) Image search: [Google]
432423.png
116 KB, 485x486
Is gender only in your head?
>>
>>55704130
and in your genitals and in your chest and in your chromosomes
>>
>>55704311

beat me to it, libs can't argue against chromosomes

>you're not against science, are you?
>>
>>55704130
there's literally nothing wrong with a woman that wants to call herself a man

why the hell do you guys care what other people do with their lives?
>>
>>55704130
Yes and no. Basically, they have a different sexes brain structure while still having the chromosomes of the "original" sex.

There is a scientific answer to why it happens, and it involves estrogen levels in the womb.
>>
>>55704130
reality field distorsion can blind the faggots. Chromosomes, genitals and faggotery are the reality.
>>
>>55704512
I only care when they force it onto me.
>>
>>55705396
>I force you to be a girl anon
>>
>>55704512

It might have something to do with biology and delusion.

The fact that so many people are willing to go into denial to satisfy feeling special is kind of concerning.
>>
>>55704130
Gender is in the nucleus of your cells. You can't change chromosomes and there is no social construct there.

XX is female
XY is male
XXY is a klinefelter's fuck with the only real excuse for confusion
The rest are... up to interpretation for their confusion.
>>
Yes, gender and gender roles are entirely societal. Sex is determined by the biological differences between females and males.
>>
File: 134_8_0_prm-generic1_1024x640.jpg (120 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
134_8_0_prm-generic1_1024x640.jpg
120 KB, 1024x640
Technically that's correct.
However, the same thing can be said about insanity. Being insane has nothing to do with your sex. It's all in your head.
>>
>>55705454
> I force you to build a completely new bathroom just for my "gender" anon
>>
>lily allen trying desperately to stay relevant
be you wish you had taken that role on game of thrones now huh
>>
>>55704512
Am I required to pay attention to the crazies or can I continue ignoring them just like everything else I believe to be irrelevant? Besides, it's nice when society's idiots make themselves visible.
>>
>>55704130
The issue is they keep using gender as a clever litthe gotcha.

You can't use the women's room as a biological man. It's not about the gender we see you as. It's because that restroom is for the female SEX.

If anyone tells you gender is a social construct, let them have that and then tell them they can't escape their sex.
>>
>>55704130
All this gender talk makes my poop afraid to come out.
The outside bullshit is to aggressive for it to try to adapt.
>>
>>55704130
By this Logic there are Male and female brains therefore gender isn't a social construct it's biological.
>>
>>55705905
Yeah, they should really just rename bathrooms from "men/women" to "male/female" it would solve literally every issue.
>>
>>55705901
Why would you be required to pay attention?
>>
>>55705824
She wishes she was offered a role at all.
http://metro.co.uk/2014/06/15/this-is-awkward-alfie-allen-admits-big-sister-lily-allen-lied-about-game-of-thrones-incest-role-4762286/
>>
>>55705905
I agree with this guy.
You can change your gender, cut your penis, behavior, whatsoever.
If you think your sex is different though, that is indeed delusion.
If you think it should be different, then I don't fucking know.
>>
>>55705771
FtM trans just buy those weird tube things that they stick on there vag like a funnel and it simulates peeing with a dick, they aren't forcing you to do anything diffrent, no bathrooms need to be made.
>>
>>55704130
Why the fuck do they need an awareness week? I'm aware of them and stay clear from them.
>>
>>55706017
Or "XX" and "XY".
>>
And when gender and sex don't match that's a delusion. Thought conforms to reality, not the other way around...
>>
>>55704130
So, it's all made-up and has no relation to biology and human anatomy and physiology?
>>
>>55704130
Gender (at least as the word is used by the left) doesn't exist. Biological sex is all there is.

You either accept your biological sex, or you have body dysmorphia disorder.
>>
>>55704130
when the two womins with penis will have a baby and will give birth to it through their genitals i will agree with that statement, because this is what gender for are
>>
>>55704130
Where the fuck is the compromise in this?

With male sexual organs you can trap yourself up all you want, you're still a dude. Albeit with some serious feminine traits but 'candy ass' doesn't sound as cute as 'pansexual otherkin', it's snowflake attentIon whoring at its finest
>>
>>55704130
Live however they fuck you want and get off with the genitals you have.

But other people will live how they want even if you disagree with it and may not want your genitals to get off with.
>>
>>55704130
by modern definition, yes

since it has become pretty well accepted to use the words "sex" and "gender" with different meaning, gender now has nothing to do with what's in your pants.

the meaning of gender has certainly shifted in the last decades, but to me it seems like a useful new category. when i look around me, i see tons of bio-males acting incredibly girly and quite a few bio-females ticking a lot of male clichés. it's good to have clear words to talk about this.

>>55704311
>>55704411
>>55705015
>>55705043
>>55705589
>muh chromosomes

definitely a category, but like any category it has to stand the test of fringe cases to see if it is a useful one. and here chromosomes fail imo. we can't see them, they don't play any meaningful role in our everyday life. unless you are a doctor or geneticist, chromosomes shouldn't mean shit to you. people care about genitals, the ability to make babies, appearance, behaviour - but i have yet to meet a single person who disregarded all that and only cared about the last chromosome pair of their mate. chromosomes can be indicators, but even looking just a gentials things become murky - they don't always correspond to chromosomes. intersex people are usually either XX or XY, but you couldn't really tell by looking at their genitals. and if the chromosomes as a category are not useful or worse, actively misleading - into the trash they go.
>>
>>55704130
Friendly reminder from /sci/ that gender is not sex and is IN FACT a social construct.

Clarifications:
-this does not mean tumblr is right, dragonkin is not a gender
-It is still true that your SEX (not gender!) has an effect on your personality

Otherwise the idea that girls have to play with dolls and boys have to play with action figures is human society, not human biology.
>>
>>55704130

Neither, it's in your genes. Either XY or XX.
>>
>>55706259
Kek, that's pretty funny. Do they really feel that bad about going into a fucking stall and sitting down? I'd just assume they're taking a shit.
Do they get super defensive about it? I've never come across a FTM, but I imagine they'd be worse than most MTFs when it comes to overcompensation.
>>
>>55704130
Ahahahaha. Isn't this contradictory to their narrative? Doesn't this imply that brains are not just a blank slate?
>>
>>55704130
Debunked by science. Tranny brains are exactly the same as their real gender.
>>
>>55705560
>The fact that so many people are willing to go into denial to satisfy feeling special is kind of concerning.

This is one hell of a mighty quote. Gonna save it to cautiously invade conversations with it.
>>
>>55706913
Conchita?
>>
>>55704130

If the brain is capable of malfunctioning in individuals in a variety of ways, isn't she admitting that people who don't identify with their biological sex organs are mentally ill?
>>
File: durr.png (117 KB, 493x477) Image search: [Google]
durr.png
117 KB, 493x477
>>
>>55707473
This goes on in my mind whenever these topics come up
>>
>>55707657
You are a legend. Saved.
>>
No. Gender, just like a sexual deviation, is a disorder and should be addressed as such.

The difference is that homosexuality is almost impossible to fix, realistic speaking, not to mention expensive, and isn't damming to one's health, so you might as well just run with it.

Gender dysmorphia in the other hand almost always points to a more severe condition, schizophrenia in more extreme cases, for example. There's a reason why lots of transsexuals commit suicide after the reassignment surgery.

We're basically letting possibly dangerous individuals roam free because it's offensive to point out they're sick. No, we should celebrate and support their self-destructive behaviour instead.
>>
>>55706916

Gender has always been a synonym for sex.

You're bad at /sci/
>>
>>55707140
weak example. he's a gay bio-male who cross-dresses as a female singer. that's a stage persona. acting if you will. he doesn't feel like he's a woman or anything. he's just a faggot with a sense for marketing.
>>
Gender is a social construct.
Sex is biological.
Either way most of 4chan would probably fuck any pretty and feminine person out there.
>>
>>55708094

Wrong. Gender is the same as sex.
>>
>>55704130
Gender is a social construct, it's made up, it doesn't exist. There is only sex, it's determined genetically, and manifests itself not only in your genitals, but also in the structure of your brain and (as a result) in your behavior among many many other things.
>>
>>55707993
>Gender has always been a synonym for sex.
Yes and old people call computers "CPUs".

Sex is a biological fact, gender is not.
>>
>>55704130
Gender is an informal way to say sex and not imply intercourse.
>>
File: 1429990646866.gif (60 KB, 250x217) Image search: [Google]
1429990646866.gif
60 KB, 250x217
I would argue gender is your mind as well as your genitals. There have been studies done that show there are indeed male and female brains, meaning its likely someone could be born with the wrong brain. This only proves, however, that gender is not a social construct (obviously) which is what I imagine is a view this poster is trying to promote.
>>
>>55705560
-anon 2015
>>
>>55708290

So you're going to buy into Tumblr and Liberal Arts departments changing of a word to match up with their insanity?

Kill yourself.
>>
>>55705770
I miss Bullshit so much, they really should Kickstart a new season
>>
>>55704130
It's in every cell in your body.
>>
>>55708094
>>55708240
"gender" does not exist
there is only sex and delusional identity politics
>>
>>55708241
>There is only sex, it's determined genetically, and manifests itself not only in your genitals, but also in the structure of your brain and (as a result) in your behavior among many many other things.
>muh genetics

23rd chromosome pair is XY, but genes also contain code for androgen insensitivity leading to female genitalia and female brain structure. what now? if you say anything else other than "both male and female" then genetics is not really what you base your answer on.
>>
>>55704411
>you're not against science, are you?

the core liberal belief that everyone is equal goes completely against science.
>>
>>55708480
>s changing of a word
There is no change. There never has been, these definitions have been set in stone for years, long before you or I were born. It's only in modern society that the two are associated with each other.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender
>Sexologist John Money introduced the terminological distinction between biological sex and gender as a role in 1955. Before his work, it was uncommon to use the word gender to refer to anything but grammatical categories.[1][2] However, Money's meaning of the word did not become widespread until the 1970s, when feminist theory embraced the concept of a distinction between biological sex and the social construct of gender. Today, the distinction is strictly followed in some contexts, especially the social sciences[4][5] and documents written by the World Health Organization (WHO).[3] However, in many other contexts, including some areas of social sciences, gender includes sex or replaces it.[1][2] Although this change in the meaning of gender can be traced to the 1980s, a small acceleration of the process in the scientific literature was observed in 1993 when the USA's Food and Drug Administration (FDA) started to use gender instead of sex.[6] In 2011, the FDA reversed its position and began using sex as the biological classification and gender as "a person's self representation as male or female, or how that person is responded to by social institutions based on the individual's gender presentation."[7] In non-human animal research, gender is also commonly used to refer to the physiology of the animals.[2]

Literally the only thing you're right about is that feminists use it to push their agenda. Everything else you are completely wrong about.
>>
>>55708733
And where does it contradict what I said?
>>
>>55707992
Personally, I find it even hard to argue that Homosexuality is even a mental illness.

I mean, one person could like orange juice and someone else could like apple juice. It's all personal preference. So if faggots like taking a dick up the ass instead of fucking pussy, then so be it.

Completely agree with the tranny points though, and honestly, they are clearly the odd one out in LGBT. Which I think has set both gay rights back and now that they are being largely accepted, we've got a bunch of mentally ill individuals running around that we can't do anything about.
>>
>>55704130
So can I be a little girl?
>>
>>55708970
>Before his work, it was uncommon to use the word gender to refer to anything but grammatical categories

Yeah, no change...
>>
>>55708970
Ah yes, John money. The same guy who's "research" involved molesting 2 young children, whom both ended up killing themselves.
>>
>>55709026
and where did i say it would contradict what you said?
>>
>>55709066
I don't think you understand what that's saying, it says YOU are the ones who are wrong with your usage of the word gender. YOU are the ones trying to change the definition.

The distinction has always existed, and academically it still exists. There is currently an effort to blur the line between these two definitions and it is incorrect.
>>
>>55704130
It's in your chromosomes, your genitalia and your brain. It's everywhere.

>>55705015
>they have a different sexes brain structure
no
>>
>>55708970

...The stuff you just posted proves my point.

Only liberal social science departments on colleges made a distinction between gender and sex. Every other normal person used them as interchangeable synonyms--even the government.
>>
>>55704130
gender is literally anything anybody wants it to mean at this point.
>>
>>55709599
Alright well I knew that even looking in this thread was a losing battle, but let me try one more time.

>Only liberal social science departments on colleges made a distinction between gender and sex.
Don't know what paragraph you read but the one I posted literally says that before 1955 it was UNCOMMON to associate the two.

>Every other normal person used them as interchangeable synonyms
They did not, gender was mostly used with the grammatical definition, as it says right there.

>even the government.
Which they eventually reversed because it was unscientific and unprofessional. But the damage is done, hence this conversation.
>>
Why are people talking about gender as if it's something more than what we use refer to nouns?
>>
>>55708970
>these definitions have been set in stone for years
>quotes source from 1955
You know the word 'gender' made its way into the English language in the 14th century, right? The rest of your source just shows its acceptance by the FDA in 2011, which really isn't that old m8. One guy trying to push his personal definition of a word doesn't mean shit.
>>
>>55709375
The
>what now?
in your post kinda sounded like you were challenging my claim.
>>
File: drakefluid.png (66 KB, 426x645) Image search: [Google]
drakefluid.png
66 KB, 426x645
>>55710019
first it was used in grammar only, then for some reason it become synonymous with sex, then it was changed to mean something nonexistent. no one knows why this happened. pic related, how the fuck do you describe that?
>>
>>55709805
>before 1955 it was UNCOMMON to associate the two.
The reference for that passage of the text was from J. Richard Udry's "The Nature of Gender". Which uses anecdotal evidence to support his claim about how uncommon it was. His first-hand experience can hardly account for that entire time era. Oh, and also from the same fucking book, Udry states that now his papers when peer reviewed have the term "opposite sex" crossed out and replaced with "the other gender". He's showing that society itself has changed the meaning from his original intentions.

>as it says right there.
Right, in one guy's first-hand account. Which he admits has changed anyway.
>>
>>55710530
It's weird how all these dragons get special classes for them with their own colors, but the rest of the apparently infinite set get lumped together with grey colors at the very end like an afterthought. Not fair at all to all the luck dragons and puff dragons out there.
>>
>>55704512
Macedonian flag is awesome.
>>
File: sexgender.jpg (420 KB, 1316x867) Image search: [Google]
sexgender.jpg
420 KB, 1316x867
>>55704130
>Is gender only in your head?

Difference between sex and gender
>>
>>55710514
how can i challenge your position if you never really laid it out properly? i'm just including a friendly reminder that genetics is all well and good, but don't believe that mother nature cares much about the binary idea that every person *must* be either 100% man or 100% woman. nature don't give a shit, gentics are random to a certain extent and can produce all sorts of funky mutations. relying on gentics is not as clear as people make it out to be. as long as you are aware of the limitations, genetics is a fine metric.
Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.