[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can /pol/ explain to me why Protestant hate alcohol so much?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 12
File: jesusgettinghisboozeon.jpg (24 KB, 480x337) Image search: [Google]
jesusgettinghisboozeon.jpg
24 KB, 480x337
Can /pol/ explain to me why Protestant hate alcohol so much?

For fuck sakes if Wine is good for Jesus then it's good for me!
>>
>>55695212
Drunkenness, not alcohol.
>>
No health benefits
Causes people to beat each other, rape, drive into each other, lose their motor skills and impair their judgement. Causes cancer.

Just drink water .

>b-b-b-but all the alcohol commercials make it look so cool and my friends do it!
Whatever goyim. I tried to warn you .Enjoy being a degenerate who beats his wife and kids over your stale water with hops.
>>
>>55695212
I don't hate alcohol. I'm drunk right now.
>>
Watch Ken Burn's Prohibition
>>
>>55695406
Trust me, many Protestant I know think drinking is a sin.

Like the other day I was on a Pentecostal wedding and there was no wine, cider or champagne. Instead there was this low quality imitation wine grape juice that was horrible.

I never going to a Protestant wedding again!

>>55695446
Again, Jesus drink booze and so did the Apostles. Are you saying Jesus was a degenerate you fucking heathen?!
>>
>>55695406
This, if you can handle your booze then its fine
>>
>>55695647
Yeah of course, "Protestant" is pretty damn broad. Almost all people I have met in Christian circles line up with what I said though.
>>
>>55695647

Jesus said he was going to divide families by turning son against father and daughter against mother. Do you believe breaking up the family system is good for society?

Atheists 1 / Christians 0
>>
>>55695647
Protestant here, Australian was not lying.
Drunkenness is sinful. Alcohol abuse is unacceptable, but alcohol itself, like Communion wine, is okay in small amounts. Still, I'll never touch the stuff because I've got 1/16 Cherokee blood. I'd probably get addicted and abuse the stuff, so I practice this little thing called "basic self restraint" and simply don't drink.

Believe it or not, some people just don't like alcohol and drunken debauchery.
>>
>>55695937
>What is context?
>>
>>55695909
Most protestant I have met are either the bat shit crazies like Pentecostal and Evangelicals.

Good Catholics like myself know that alcohol is a gift of God and it's up to us to partake on his gifts. One needs to learn to drink responsibly.
>>
>>55696067
Good op really. I'm pretty indifferent about alcohol. If some mates want to have a beer together I will, but I don't drink very often, And never more than like 2 drinks across a night. Seeing people lose control of themselves is somewhat frightening anyway.
>>
>>55695212
You couldn't drink the water back in Jesus' day. It wasn't safe. You had to drink wine or beer to avoid disease.
>>
>>55695212
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>55696346
Wait a sec now that I remember...

Isnt drinking like Straya's passtime?
>>
>>55696279
I swear evangelical has different connotations in other countries to here. The more "level-headed" denominations refer to themselves as reformed evangelicals all the time here.

I usually put pentecostals in their own category. not necessarily a valid thing to do, but they are markedly different.
>>
>>55696590
It's definitely coffee nowadays. There are a lot of people that do stupid things with alcohol, it's usually teens/early twenties though. We have a pretty big wine culture that I am not in any way knowledgeable of too.
>>
>>55696600
Pentecostal are the worse of the Christian groups. Then there's the non Christian who call themselves Christians like the Mormons and the fucking annoying Adventists.
>>
>>55696124

Jesus is telling his flock in Matthew 10:35-37 that they should love him more than they love their families and that people should abandon their parents to love him. Is that enough context or do you want the story of Abraham who said he loved God so much that he'd kill his son?
>>
>>55696813
Coffee?

I always imagine most of Strayas drinking a big can of Foster while shitposting on the internet.
>>
>>55696835
Eh, I don't think they're always bad, just a little weird.

Can't say I'm a fan of stuff like Hillsong here though.

Mormons are well, yeah. JWs are pretty weird too.
>>
>>55696857
Fucking fedora tipping atheists man.

Like God sacrificed his own son for us and all that Jesus ask is for us to love him back. Jesus paid for all sins and you still have fucking Atheist and Heathens disregarding his teachings.
>>
The only protestant i know who doesn't drink alcohol is the hippie son of a vicar who doesn't drink, smoke or eat meat. Everyone else in his family drinks tho.
>>
>>55697034
Are you really a Christian anon?

I would like to be but I can't buy into all the obvious bullshit.

How do you put your doubt aside and believe?
>>
>>55697034
I'm a Catholic so for me the most informal it can get is a mass at a small chapel. I feel many Protestant take lightly the idea of the Church. They do sacrilegious things like dancing and jumping at Church.
>>
>>55695212
All Protestants I know are complete drunkards. It's Mormons and Muslims that hate alcohol.
>>
>>55696936
I have never even seen someone drink a Foster haha. Why did it become such a thing overseas?

>>55696857
Yes, does this verse say "let's break up all the families" like you implied? Jesus says some radical things, one of which is the cost of following him. For some that will mean lost friends or family relationships. He also commands that you honour you father and mother.

Placing God above all else isn't something I'm going to argue with you on. That's just a part of Christianity. No one is hiding it.

One's faith may break relationships (almost certainly, at least some).
>>
>>55695446
Occasionaly drinking wine is healthy, tho. The oldest man in the world drinks a lot of wine.
>>
>>55697380
I personally think there's a line, and the line isn't easy to draw definitively. Are we meant to stand like statues and mouth prayers for two hours? Probably not. Is it meant to be a dance party? Probably not. I agree to some extent, I'm probably slightly more liberal about t than you. Dancing always seems weird though.
>>
>>55697848

Church is the house of God. It's not a party, a rave, or a meeting. It's the house of God, and if you go there is to give your time to him.

I'm personally as liberal as they come in terms of enjoying life and what not but the Church should be respected imo.

Also >>55697671

You guys don't drink Foster?!
>>
>>55697106
As much as I know he is probably just being inflammatory for the sake of it. I think it's better to just give an answer. It can't hurt anyone, and some people will find it helpful. (1 peter 3:15 anyone?)
>>
File: australia1423209721682.jpg (155 KB, 625x833) Image search: [Google]
australia1423209721682.jpg
155 KB, 625x833
>>55697671
>I have never even seen someone drink a Foster haha. Why did it become such a thing overseas?

regarding alcohol, yeah some Prots go over the top, but I understnad where are they coming from...
>>
>>55698163
I don't even know where I could buy it.

Is church the house of God (rhetorically speaking, it somewhat is). When the curtain was torn in two the relationship changed so that we could approach God ourselves. I don't think it needs to be as formal as some suggest. But I do think there needs to be a level of seriousness involved.
>>
>>55698346

Modern Catholic Mass is not that formal, it just isnt a rave like some other masses. It has a simple structure and it's done in common language.

If you want to see some formal shit you need to see the Tridentine Mass. It was completely in Latin and the Priest had his back to the people.
>>
>>55696067
Eeeeehhh I'm a small amount of Cherokee too.

>>55695212
I go with >>55695406 on this one. Lots of people around here in Oklahoma drink regularly, and I have only seen someone get drunk on one instance, as far as I could tell.

What denominations are the people you know that don't like any alcohol? Some of them may just not want to look like they're testing the limits or anything.
>>
>>55698656
Oh I know, I wasn't saying you did that. I was just saying I'm probably a little more liberal on the subject.
>>
>>55696279
>Most protestant I have met are either the bat shit crazies like Pentecostal and Evangelicals.
Maybe that's because you're in Puerto Rico. Thankfully most of the world isn't like Puerto Rico.
>>
>>55698656
>Modern Catholic Mass is not that formal, it just isnt a rave like some other masses. It has a simple structure and it's done in common language.
>If you want to see some formal shit you need to see the Tridentine Mass. It was completely in Latin and the Priest had his back to the people.

the rock-pentacostals are a really tacky crowd, however, the more I think about the idea of mass itself, the more I side with protestat theology on this issue. What Im having trouble with is the idea of Transsupstantion in catholisicm.
>>
>>55698836
We Catholics are an oddity, we are conservative in terms of faith. We are relatively cool about it. We have normal lives outside of Church but we hold a special place to the Church.

>>55699086
You fuckers exported your batshit protestants to the island. Before you guys came we were 100% Catholic, or else.

From what I have seen, the protestants in Europe and other British colonies arent that crazy but the kind of Protestant brew in the USA is something out of this world.
>>
>>55699242
This is one of the reasons I'm not Catholic, it has it's oddities.
>>
>>55695212
Because they are not Christians, they're a sect.
>>
>>55696857

God above all is the essence of Scripture, we are here to deserve heaven, not to please fedora tipping people who want a comfy life
>>
>>55699242

The mystery of Transsupstantion holds that when you take the sacrament of Eucharist you eat the body and blood of Jesus even if it tastes, look and smell like bread and wine. It's not a symbol of his fresh and blood but the actual body of Christ.

It's one of the mysteries of the faith. There's no evidence or proof, you either believe it or you don't. Personally it took me years for me to grasp that mystery, I was under the impression Eucharist was just a metaphor but as I grew older in the faith I was enlightened on that mystery.
>>
>>55699698
The issue with this is it has no biblical standing. This is why some other Catholic beliefs like purgatory aren't picked up by other denominations.
>>
>>55695647
Well most Protestants I know don't think drinking is a sin
Oh, it's almost like there's no Protestant dogma because that's the entire point.

Fuck off. You have no idea what you're talking about
>>
>>55699859
Except that even Protestants aka Lutherans actually believe in this too without Transubstantiation.

It's also in the Bible aka John 6 and the realist point has been echoed time and time again consistently from the beginning by the Church Fathers!

This is why I'm NOT Protestant because,
a)Under the maxim of Sola Scriptura I won't know who's right even if all the Church Fathers says one thing.

b)It implies that God allowed his Church to fall into heresy for centuries since you know....there is NO evidence for Protestant doctrines in Christianity's infancy. NONE!
>>
>>55699859
Catholic faith doesn't just come from the Bible. While the faith itself comes from it, there's also the interpretation given to us by the Church. If you were to read the Bible you will find justification for pretty much anything.
>>
>>55699527
>This is one of the reasons I'm not Catholic

Yes, the more you think about waht "mass" really is, the more questions it brings up. On the other hand, many local protestants here range form battshit insace to based.

>>55699698
>The mystery of Transsupstantion holds that when you take the sacrament of Eucharist you eat the body and blood of Jesus even if it tastes, look and smell like bread and wine. It's not a symbol of his fresh and blood but the actual body of Christ.
>It's one of the mysteries of the faith. There's no evidence or proof, you either believe it or you don't.

I dont buy it.

If we were talkign abotu the Trinity I would say yes (mentioned form the Genesis to the end of the bible, not only that but it makes sense in terms of interaction God-human) but with Transsupstantion you really have to sort of "invent things" (aside form the only referene in Matthew) - i.e. even if you dont go the "sola scriptura" way, why should you sacrifice Christ body millions and millions time again?

Protestants seem to be spot on on this one, there is only one sacrifice of Christ, and that is on the cross 2000 years ago.
>>
>>55700171
>It implies that God allowed his Church to fall into heresy

Work a miracle
>>
>>55695446
>Just drink water
But when Jesus arrives at a party, he turns that shit into wine, fäm.
>>
>>55700235
Protestants can't even agree with each other on this!

That's why you got Calvin, Luther and Zwingli views being argued around with no end in sight because of "muh sola scriptura".

If any Protestants aren't spot on here or on their core doctrines.
>>
>>55700171
Protestantism just means rejecting the dogma of the Catholic Church
If anything it's much more like the early church. The way that Catholics and the Orthodox have run their churches for the last 1500 years does not please God. Church is supposed to be a community. The idea of church hierarchy, liturgy, praying to saints, venerating icons, etc. Is all pagan bullshit
>>
>>55700284
The miracle is that God lied when he promised in Matthew that His Church would not fall. He promised this to Peter that not even the Gates of Hades would prevail against it.

Too bad this didn't happen if you take Protestantism as true.
>>
>>55700235

Well Jesus in the Last Supper took bread and wine and told the Apostles "This is my body/blood". In doing so Jesus made them eat his flesh and blood. It's pretty much the central tennet of the Eucharist. Without Transsupstantion Eucharist will be no better than going to a dinner.
>>
>>55696450
Small beer. Very weak alcohol beverages just alcoholic enough to be safe to drink. It was not the same as actual beer and wine which were much more expensive and reserved for "drinking" in the modern sense. Arabs, Europeans, and Asians all had a wide selection of fermented goods they used and there were many products other than small beer that were safe to drink. Russians in particular had a whole genre of fermented juices and grain/bread-derivatives, not to mention that shit they did with the milk. The Roman legions got fermented fish sauces as rations and they would often just cut them with water and drink it.

If you're ever feeling disillusioned with the modern food industry and you don't want to just drink black tea and water, you should consider fermenting your own drinks. It's an acquired taste but they are pretty good.
>>
>>55700454
All those so called "pagan" bullshit has been there in the Early Church.

Even ANS Lane, a Reformed scholar has to concede that the Early Church did not hold onto Sola Scriptura. Everett Ferguson concedes that the Church Fathers could not even conceive of a Bible without Tradition which is needed to interpret it in the first place!

Show me a Church Father that believes in Sola Scriptura or Sola Fide. You find none. They are also unanimous on core important issues of Faith unlike Protestants.

Stop being an ignorant dickface for once
>>
>>55697671
The verse demands each and every person to love Jesus more than their families, and if necessary abandon your parents in order to save yourself from hell.

It's not numerical, so I can't as to whether this will break up 5, 10, 15% etc but it's an underlying factor in Christianity. There is absolutely no reason to break up a family and draw divisions between father and son, especially over some eccentric preacher who demands that everybody love him.

>>55697106

Jesus didn't die for me. He died for commiting blasphemy and was punished by the authorities at that time.
>>
File: image.png (574 KB, 2828x1296) Image search: [Google]
image.png
574 KB, 2828x1296
Because cathoshits use your shit logic to get drunk and act degenerate. If Jesus did Chrystal meth you would be all for that too.
>>
File: Two-Roads-Conntucky-Lightnin-1.jpg (3 MB, 2592x3888) Image search: [Google]
Two-Roads-Conntucky-Lightnin-1.jpg
3 MB, 2592x3888
>>55695212
I don't hate alcohol and I'll have a drink now and then. It's drunkenness that I have a problem with. Jesus was not a drunkard.
>>
>>55700767
It wasn't
Show me where it is in the Bible or pre Constantinian documents

Oh wait you can't
>>
>>55699629
So you concede that your life is like a business transaction and you're only doing the good because you want a reward and you refrain from doing the bad because you're scared of being punished .
>>
>>55700421
>That's why you got Calvin, Luther and Zwingli views being argued around with no end in sight because of "muh sola scriptura".

Lutherans accept Transubstantiation, Im not sure about Calvin and Zwingli? but generally, protestant tradiotn ended up as rejection the teachings su its pretty uniformal stance

>>55700541
>Well Jesus in the Last Supper took bread and wine and told the Apostles "This is my body/blood".

even in John 6 you have the reference, but can that make a systemtic teaching?

what is the system behind it and why it is needed if Jesus literally died on the cross and you eccept him by faith (both cath and prots belive that) is the question. The thing is if Transubstanitation is true it woudl be literal Salvation but dont you recive slavation by faith or by faith+works?
>>
>>55697106
I was under the impression that he sacrificed himself to warn everyone about why we were on Earth in the first place and why suffering existed. Presumably we are meant to heed the warning and stop being corrupt so God will let us come back home.
>>
>>55700863
Dimishing Christ's identity to justify your stance is not a valid argument. Assume with me here that He is the creator of everything, and sacrificed himself for you. It's not really an unrealistic expectation.

Leaving one's family is not what saves them, faith in Christ does.

It is not underlying. This is plain as day. Christ is controversial and will break some relationships down.
>>
>>55701084
Faith + Works are not enough for salvation. One needs to partake in the sacraments in full communion with the Church to reach salvation.

That probably is the big difference between Catholicism and other churches.
>>
>>55701004
Here we see no attempt to address my arguments at all.

My point is that the Early Church is not Protestant and did the stuff Catholics would do.

You shown nothing to refute this.

A simple look at Jewish Tradition or even the Deuterocanon would demonstrate how even the Jews practiced what Catholics did prior to Christ.

And the best part, Maccabees is considered Historical so even if you decide to not take it as Scripture, it is still a historical document that give insights into how the Jews of the time would work.

Also dickface, Martydom of Polycarp shows veneration of the Saints.

Irenaeus shows how the mark of a false Church is in fact one that has conflicting interpretations of Scripture. Sounds like he's talking about you guys.
>>
>>55701283
It's also in direct violation of the Words of Christ and the teachings of Paul. Lmao.
>>
>>55701283
How do Catholics respond to verses like Ephesians 2:8 and Romans 3:22 out of curiosity?
>>
>>55701084
Stop lying to yourself you Prot-kek

Lutherans are Protestants. Zwlingli and Calvin both differ on the Eucharist.

Calvinists and Arminians have different takes on Free Will.

All these and it's a uniformal stance. HOW BLUE PILLED CAN YOU BE?
>>
>>55701315
They did not. The early church, as seen in Scripture, looks nothing like anything our western idea of church is. What we know of church was Instituted by Constantine and the founding of the Roman Catholic Church. It's artificial. It wasn't like that before and that's a fact.
>>
File: 1390931295746.jpg (45 KB, 364x368) Image search: [Google]
1390931295746.jpg
45 KB, 364x368
>>55701283
>Faith + Works are not enough for salvation. One needs to partake in the sacraments in full communion with the Church to reach salvation.

I understnad if its the original teaching but can you even explain why is all 3 needed?

>>55701462
>Lutherans are Protestants. Zwlingli and Calvin both differ on the Eucharist.

I have no idea about them, only on Luther, but in the end Eucharist teaching ended up as second on lsit of importance, its pretty clear what is the stance of msot prots on eucharist m8.
>>
>>55696857
Implying dividing you from a family that can't deal with your religion is something bad. Jesus 1 - 0 Atheists
>>
File: laffin.gif (2 MB, 450x253) Image search: [Google]
laffin.gif
2 MB, 450x253
>The Year 2015 of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ
>Believing in fairy tales
>>
File: Screenshot (49).png (252 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (49).png
252 KB, 1366x768
>>55701493
Of course it wasn't like that. All Constantine did was simply organized it even more. It was already episcopal in structure since the second century dumbass.

Clement of Rome in the 1st Century urged obedience to the clergy and reminded the faithful of Apostolic Succession. Ignatius not long after proclaims the mono-episcopate.

In the NT, James was shown to be the leader of the Jerusalem Church and Paul had authoritative power hence his letters to begin with.

Fucking blue pilled Prottie
>>
>>55701780
It doesn't blue pilled boy.

Lutherans aren't a minority.

And Protties typically go for,
a)Luther
b)Calvin
c)Zwingli

All of which are three different shit

Stop acting like an idiot Prottie fuck
>>
>>55695212

Southern WV fag here
It's baptist that assert "within the modern context" that alcohol should not be consumed. They cite the high contamination rate of drinking water and lack of refrigeration making fermentation the only way to preserve fruit crops for later consumption. They also claim that in Jesus day wine was very low alcohol content(feasible I guess because Romans I know did cut their Wine with water. Pure wine being deemed unhealthy) .

But you got to understand Baptism as practice by the vast white trash hoards is a binary world view so as a result people have basically two modes complete wife beating drunk or abstaining Church goer, depending on which side of the religious band wagon the individual happens to be at that point in their lives.

It's rare to find those that regulatory moderately consume booze.
>>
>>55702102
regularly*
>>
>>55702050
>Lutherans aren't a minority.
>And Protties typically go for,
>a)Luther
>b)Calvin
>c)Zwingli

why are you reffereing on and on about the previous - American prots are msotl evangelics/baptist/pentacostals and all of them reject Transubs and even in Lutherans, TRansubs isnt as improtantant as in catholics
>>
>>55695212
>Can /pol/ explain to me why Protestant hate alcohol so much?
wut

the protestant countries are the biggest drinkers in Europe
In Scandinavia the booze has to artificially be made expensive so the residents don't drink themselves to death
>>
>>55702394
Here you go completely missing the point!

The point is that Luther, Zwingli and Calvin had differing understandings of the Eucharist and thus Prottie doctrine cannot be uniform at all contra to your crap statement about how they are uniform.

That my silly kek, is bullshit
>>
>>55702551
TOP KEK

PROTTIE IDIOTS CAN'T EVEN AGREE ON ALCOHOL!!
>>
>>55702730
Anglican isn't even a god damn religion

away with you vile heathen
>>
>>55695446

This.
>>
>>55702852
Same with Protestantism cause it's a fucking joke and mockery of what Christianity is.

That is which must be away with.

AWAY WITH SOLA SCRIPTURA AND SOLA FIDE.

AWAY WITH CALVIN

AWAY WITH LUTHER

AWAY WITH PURITAN SCUM

AWAY WITH ZWINGLI

AWAY WITH PROTTIES
>>
>>55703063
don't forget Papal scum

If you're not Orthodox you won't amount to much
>>
>>55702669
>and thus Prottie doctrine cannot be uniform at all contra to your crap statement about how they are uniform.

wow, way to go dumbass, you managed to prove they are difference within major branches of Christinity, what a genius you are.

>>55702669
>>55702730
>>55702852
>>55703063
>Anglican

Anglican church is the most memiest of churches there is. Literally a "Im a king let me make my personl church" tier.
>>
>>55703219
>Orthodox

Also a meme religion.
>>
>>55703311
Protestantism is a meme

>Let's restore the Church to Early Christianity
>Ends up being some different monstrosity all together

Way a go proving my point that there are major differences between Prottie dumdums!

Well done silly mother fucker.

You are better off getting on your knees and sucking cock
>>
>>55701243
I'm not diminishing him. That is his story and he died for his preachings which were considered heresy. If you have issues with it I suggest you re-read the Bible because I can tell you're out of touch with it.

He didn't die for me though. Unless you mean from sin, which is convenient for the family business. His father creates a hell for all humans and the only way of avoiding it is going through the son. >>55701784
You've misinterpreted the Bible and your argument is circular because you have to be just as intolerant to others in order to be alienated. However, Jesus encourages his followers to take the first step. I think it is better described by the previous passage where he says he has not come for peace on earth. I'm sorry, but I, especially after the events of last night, kind of prefer peace.
>>
>>55703585
Daily reminder that Orthodoxy is the one and true religion
>>
>>55703585
Not as bad as Protestantism though.

Be Ignatius,
>They abstain from the Eucharist and from prayer, because they confess not the Eucharist to be the flesh of our Saviour Jesus Christ, which suffered for our sins, and which the Father, of His goodness, raised up again.

http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/0109.htm

>TFW Zwingli and Calvin Eucharist confirm for Docetism!
>>
>>55703632
I wonder what the scripture has to say about the way you talk to other people, nonbelievers and disciples alike.
>>
>>55703817
>>55703760
>Orthodoxy is the one and true religion

Religion of Russian-ness. Nothing more to see here kids, everybody move along.

>>55703632
>Protestantism is a meme

Look what countries actually run the Western world from the time of Reformation onwards, look up their relgion.

>tfw ye shall know them by their works
>>
>>55704121
I don't care since I'm Agnostic dumbass
>>
>>55704218
Oh right good because they simply built upon what Catholicism did dumbass!

Also notice how ironically they also lose Protestantism as a result of progress. It's like Protestantism's next logical step is irreligion!

What a coincidence that Protestantism also created the tension between Science and religion and in places like Sri Lanka were so dishonest in their translation of the Bible. Even the local Buddhists complimented the Catholics for not doing that shit!
>>
>>55704259
So your interest in this is academic? I'm relieved.
>>
>>55704516
Yes.

I'm so relieved that the academia certainly shown how Protestantism is not Early Christianity otherwise I would've lost all respect for it
>>
File: 1446700861908.jpg (232 KB, 1024x1536) Image search: [Google]
1446700861908.jpg
232 KB, 1024x1536
>>55704218
>Religion of Russian-ness
Eastern Orthodox maybe, but not Orthodoxy.
>>
File: protestant1410510161667.png (237 KB, 741x1208) Image search: [Google]
protestant1410510161667.png
237 KB, 741x1208
>>55704500
pic rel

also, if you could put your fedora aside you would knew that atheism started in FRANCE

>>55704259
>I'm Agnostic

I knew you were an Anglican (pun intented).
>>
File: contains no juice.jpg (55 KB, 246x511) Image search: [Google]
contains no juice.jpg
55 KB, 246x511
>>55695647
>grape juice
I've actually had Baptists tell me that Jesus didn't drink wine, that it's a mistranslation of "grape juice". These are the same people who claim the Bible is the literal truth and divinely inspired with the King James Bible being a divinely inspired translation... yet somehow the one thing that they got wrong was the word "wine" instead of "grape juice".
>>
>>55704840
Atheism was around since ancient times idiot!

How much blue pilled can you get. Like it or not Protestantism leads to Atheism.

In fact with all these I can easily see why,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiyXdpvDM6Y
>>
>all these Americans going "alcohol is bad, because my savage uncivilized mongrel genes can't handle it"

Die in a ditch, injuns.
>>
File: 1374676798420.png (58 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1374676798420.png
58 KB, 400x300
>>55695212
They're all meth addicts.
>>
File: christianity explained.png (146 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
christianity explained.png
146 KB, 1366x768
>>55705099
>Atheism was around since ancient times idiot!

What a rude, uneducated and frustated faggot you are.

movement of athism started in catholic France with Voltaire together with the Satanic movement of French revolution.

later that tradition was brought on by Camus and Sartre. Even today France has suprisingly high divorce rates and declared atheists + highest Muslim populationa.

>tfw Jesuses parable abotu the salt

but you are an "agnostic" so its folling on deaf ears.

>>55705064
>I've actually had Baptists tell me that Jesus didn't drink wine, that it's a mistranslation of "grape juice"

Yeah, its actually rediculous beinc so uppity about drinking and the KJV fetish is also weird.
>>
>>55705617
Revisionist history much.

Here's the TRUE story of Atheism,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_atheism

How stupid can you get. I just want to rape you to make you smart
>>
>>55705848
>According to Geoffrey Blainey, the Reformation in Europe had paved the way for atheists by attacking the authority of the Catholic Church, which in turn "quietly inspired other thinkers to attack the authority of the new Protestant churches".
>>
>>55705922
>According to Geoffrey Blainey, the Reformation in Europe had paved the way for atheists by attacking the authority of the Catholic Church, which in turn "quietly inspired other thinkers to attack the authority of the new Protestant churches".

TOPPEST OF KEKS

>wha wha, its not me its them here ill prove it by telling you its you and not me and call the facts revionist history.

bruv you are dumbass
>>
>>55706229
>Missing the point which is Atheism didn't come from France
>Not understanding what citation and reference is

HOW STUPID CAN YOU GET?

Just post nudes like the good slut you are. It's the only thing you can do with such a rotten brain
>>
>>55706564
>Missing the point which is Atheism didn't come from France

back to Voltaire, do you know who he was?
>>
>>55706839
Voltaire is a Deist and just one of many figures during the Enlightenment.

>Who is David Hume?
>Who is Thomas Hobbs?
>Who is Thomas Edison?

Either way the main point is so simple as fuck, that Atheism is not a new shit.

Protestantism simply created the conditions for it to arise. The Enlightenment didn't begin with Catholicism, it began with Protestantism and Reformation.

Better post that nude Croatslut
>>
>>55707117
>Protestantism simply created the conditions for it to arise. The Enlightenment didn't begin with Catholicism, it began with Protestantism and Reformation.

just when I tought Ive heard it all...
>>
>>55707907
Just when I thought Protestants can't get any more stupid.

Just suck some dick already
>>
>>55708511
you are atheistc gaylord, nobody cares about your opinion
>>
>>55709159
You mean about how dumb Protestants are and how they screwed Christianity?

Because I know they sure did

Now better post those nudes maybe it would make you smarter
>>
>>55695212
Alcohol is a very damaging drug either way. I'm a recovering alcoholic and I've seen the damage it can do.
>>
>>55695212
>55695212

Alcohol is an idiotic drug. Why drink alcohol when there are so many superior drugs out there?
>>
>>55705617
Voltaire wasn't an atheist though, he was a deist.
Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.