[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trading blows with a friend about the migrant crisis in Europe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: angry joo.jpg (21 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
angry joo.jpg
21 KB, 300x300
Trading blows with a friend about the migrant crisis in Europe and he keeps on saying about "What if you were on their shoes", "Lives are more important"

What to counter, /pol/?
>>
>>55693747
I'd step off from their shoes
>>
>>55693747
What if you where in the hyenas shoes? That does not help the antelopes.
>>
Lives aren't that important and sandals are for faggots.
>>
File: average 4chan user.png (127 KB, 345x337) Image search: [Google]
average 4chan user.png
127 KB, 345x337
just admit you got rekt, you stupid faggot

if you need help in a debate you're a retard
>>
>>55693747
>reality is subjective so i can only look from my shoes
>their perspective and them are worthless for me
>>
>>55693747
Some lives just don't matter.
>>
Tell him that the Philippines is poorer and more dangerous than any of those countries migrants come from. The average migrant has the latest iphones and pay tens of thousands of dollars to cross.

An average philippino cannot afford any of that.
>>
he is right. The bible says to love thy neighbour
>>
You tell him their plight is completely understandable but that Europe can't save everyone.

Ask him to imagine that he were in a lifeboat full to capacity, but there were still 100 other people in the water trying to climb in. Would he try help them in and swamp the lifeboat, or would he leave them to drown, even sympathizing with their plight?
>>
File: 1440585985616.png (436 KB, 833x620) Image search: [Google]
1440585985616.png
436 KB, 833x620
You're welcome
>>
>>55693747
>Lives are more important
>Destroys other lives
>>
>>55693747
Imagine 5 men come to your door, asking to be taken in.
They're all related, they have the same blood, faith, etc.
During the night one slaughters your wife, your children, everyone but you.
Do you kick out the remaining 4?
What if it was 10 men? Do you kick out the remaining 9?
Or 50 men and 3 murderers, do you kick out the remaining 47?
Maybe a father's duty is to his family FIRST AND ALWAYS, like a state is to it's ETHNIC citizens.
Morality unguided by wisdom is dangerous.
>>
>>55693993
I like this.
>>
>>55693747

>"What if you were on their shoes",

You mean some coward trying to escape their duty to their country?

In their shoes, I would not migrate. I would fight for Bashar's Syrian Arab Army.
>>
>>55694331
>Ukraine
>No war
>>
File: Gunshot Thru Phone.gif (2 MB, 280x189) Image search: [Google]
Gunshot Thru Phone.gif
2 MB, 280x189
>>55694290
Fuck right off with your bible.
>>
>>55694472

Easy to say from your mums basement, fagget
>>
He won't fucking watch the propaganda video. He said that to never trust the internet especially youtube.

FUCK THIS SHIT
>>
>>55694472

this.
>>
Tell him that If you were in their shoes, that you'd want to feel safe in your home.

You don't want some fucking extremists making you so scared that you have to leave an entire continent to go live and ruin some poor European citizen's life just by trying to find a new home.
>>
If I was in their shoes I would kill the infidels inshallah islam will rule the world

Luckily I'm not in their shoes.
>>
>>55693747
If the roles were reversed, they wouldn't allow you into their countries.
>>
Ask why the rich arab nations of the middle east (saudi arabia, qatar, bahrain, UAE, kuwait) are doing literally nothing for their fellow arabs.
>>
>>55693747

tell him to look into your shoes and the shoes of all the europeans that don't like what is going on. to look into the shoes of a child that got raped, a mother that lost a family member, a homeless man from his town and much more.
>>
>>55695022

>doing nothing

They are arming them to kill each other even faster.
>>
>>55695199

ask him that if the muslims in those shoes give a fuck about europeans? ask him if those muslims in their shoes would help their new country if it got invaded or if they would run away again to suck on more money.
>>
>>55695022
They're not fucking retarded, that's why.
>>
>>55694567
>Easy to say

No easier than, OMG those poor people, we need to stop the h8 and take everyone who wants to come! #Solidaritywithrefugees #LookHowMorallySuperiorIam #DontCareAboutConsequencesOfMassImmigrationJustMoralSignalling

>responding to an Australian

Yeah, I'm a retard, I know.
>>
>>55694567
This. Entitled cunts who never worked a day in their life, terrified about the prospect of having to share the dole with immigrants.
>>
>>55693747
>If I were in their shoes, they'd be in mine
>and if they were in my shoes, we'd be under Sharia Law
>and if we were under Sharia Law, they could legally rape everything you hold dear.
>>
>>55695769

>the only people who oppose mass Muslim immigration are jobless basement dwellers

Gonna need some sources on that, champ. :)
>>
Shows him articles about rape, broken families and other attrocities refugees did, as well as videos not shown by media about refugees.

And he still think that refugees are still human and needs a place home.

Already said about why other middle eastern countries not inviting them in and about turkey getting ignored by them instead heading deep into Germany

That's it.
>>
>>55696197
ask him if he works for that no border organization.
>>
Tell him to put himself in the shoes of the leader of the country, he has to protect his people, and yet the media is pushing for actions that can potentially harm his own people.

Remind him that the leader of the country should think of his own people first, and protecting his own people from a possible threat is a perfectly valid reason to refuse to let the refugees in.
Remind him that its entirely possible that ISIS can get into the country by pretending to be refugees.
Remind him that they have everywhere else that ain't Europe that they can go to, and yet they decide to go to Europe.

Ask him if its worth the risk of losing his own people(Those are lives as well, think of the victims' families!) because he decided to sympathize with people from another country.
>>
>>55693747
If our ancestors fled to greener pastures at the sight of every despot and extremist, we WOULD be in their shoes.

also, if our responsibility is to save their lives, it would suffice to keep them fed and sheltered in temporary camps where we can keep track of them. Inviting hordes of undocumented, unemployable, violent young men (who also happen to hate us) into the hearts of our cities is just substituting a future crisis for the current one.
>>
"What if you were in their shoes" is best countered by realpolitik.

Don't appeal to anything other than rationalizing the world in realpolitik and argue that in their shoes that if the borders were open that I'd try to flood along with the other masses of people, because these fools have let me in, get as AMAZINGLY paying job in the country AND apply for welfare, and set up my shop there. And say that you'd be willing to do it along side the other millions who'd love to come and take advantage of the system.

Then go back to your side, however I am not in their shoes, I am in mine, and it is not in our interests to have our countries which our parents have built up to be opened up to cheap labour workforce who WILL, bring their own cultures social problems and strife with them, along with not having the education of a national of our own country.
Letting them in takes up residency space which increases the cost to buy a house or rent one. Increasing the supply of labour decreases the amount that wages can be demanded, particularly by the poor.

The most important issue is next. Its one thing for educated people to allow these low wage workers in... its a whole other matter for the poor, who will be in direct competition with these people. This means our domestic poor, as well as those with sympathies for them, will turn to far right politicians who want to withdraw us from internationalism, and close our borders... and they will do it, if enough people are made poorer by immigrants entering into the country and pushing down wages.
This is a domestic political time bomb waiting to go off.

That's why. Don't appeal to fear directly. Appeal to economics, and then to the potential rise of the right in response to this crisis. The most effective method to combat this is PREVENTION.

Fuck off Captcha, I want none of your burritos.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.