[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is it, the apocalypse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 8
File: Untitled.png (477 KB, 1084x661) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
477 KB, 1084x661
This is it, the apocalypse
>>
>>55676489
Genuine question, are Muslim women allowed to wear the full ninja outfit in their passport/license/etc photos?
>>
>>55676489
Thats quite a funny thing actually. Props on her on making fun of the ridiculous religious tolerance laws.
>>
>>55677490
>ninja outfit
cec
>>
>>55676489
Sadly she is just a normal atheist, and their numbers are increasing about on par with SJWs...I wonder why.....
>>
>>55678224
>Sadly she is just a normal atheist, and their numbers are increasing about on par with SJWs...I wonder why.....

Rationality and logic?

She is of course making a mockery of the tolerance we suffer to make sure the religious don't shit their pants, and why ultimately embracing irrational ideas is stupid.

Of course you need to have an IQ above 80 to understand that and be able to read between the lines.
>>
>>55678727
Ouch, looks like I touched a nerve. What my statement was actually about was the ever prevalent usage of this childish special snowflake behavior becoming more embedded within modern Atheist "culture", something that is also found within extreme leftism (aka SJWs).
>>
>>55676489
>Flying spaghetty monster

You do know that that entire religion is just making fun religion of and pointing out all the legal bullshit religion gets in their favour.

10$ she isn't really serious about it at all and wouldn't really give a fuck if she didn't get to wear a strainer, but is instead just using the legal mumbo jumbo that religion created in her favour.
>>
>>55677579

it's not a sincere religion

fuck this shit
>>
>>55678727

there is more to understanding than logic. logic is just a tool of consideration; premises leading to conclusions; conclusion referring to premises

it is not the source of anything. for that you must go deeper
>>
>>55679034

>she's not serious

of course not, which is why the state should NOT BE TAKING HER SERIOUSLY

fuck massachusetts
>>
>>55679010
>Ouch, looks like I touched a nerve. What my statement was actually about was the ever prevalent usage of this childish special snowflake behavior becoming more embedded within modern Atheist "culture", something that is also found within extreme leftism (aka SJWs).

No, nothing of the sort I'm afraid.

The stunt isn't "special snowflake behavior", it's designed to make a point, a point which requires some subtly and ability to read between the lines in order to understand. I'm deeply sorry that you didn't understand the point being made, but don't worry you'll get there eventually.
>>
File: ribbon.webm (97 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
ribbon.webm
97 KB, 600x600
>>55676489
>Pastafarian
>>
>>55676489
Dumb shit, the CFSM is there to call out other religions on their bullshit. It's an elaborate troll using the logic "If you take them seriously, you have to take me seriously, and I'm obviously trolling the shit out of you, but neither of us are going to say it."

Where have you been?
>>
>>55679923
>there is more to understanding than logic. logic is just a tool of consideration; premises leading to conclusions; conclusion referring to premises

Sure. But what a lot of modern society is lacking is rationality, it's not rational to consider religion anything other than a man made fairy tale and western society is waking up to this fact as we become more educated and more rational, and can apply logical reasoning to debunk theistic claims about reality.

We live in a world where religion is on the decline in 1st world countries, in the UK it's roughly 1% per year decline, belief will be replaced by rationality for the majority of people within our lifetime, it's simply the logical outcome of a society outgrowing its primative forms.

Some atheists make stunts such as this one to reveal the stupidity behind religious tolerance, that if we have to tolerate peoples religious beliefs simply becuase they're labled religious then we can make up whatever we want, such as pastafarianism which is an outspoken mockery of religion and despite that common knowledge, still get away these stunts.

It questions the greater issue of whether we should take religious belief seriously and that we should draw the line somewhere, and that's precisely why this was allowed, because no one wants to set a precedent for saying what religious belief should be respected and what isn't as it would lead the way for the erosion of all religious belief.
>>
>>55677774
cec
>because kek now means kekold
it's hard to keep up with this newspeak
>>
>>55680718
kek lad
>>
she looks exactly like you'd think one of them would
>>
>>55679841
>it's not a sincere religion
Good luck proving that
>>
>>55679841
>it's not a sincere religion

that is the point
>>
>>55680048

the point is superficial as fuck

>>55680587

I am fully aware the purpose of this bullshit but bullshit is still bullshit

the key difference is sincerity of belief; pastafaggots do not have it

>>55680607

religion is much more complex than that. it is history, it is metaphor, it is moral guidance, it is moral authority, it is cause for communion (social gathering) which gives weight to all of the above, etc.

degeneracy accompanies collapse. within our lifetime we will see the apocalypse

how's that for "logical outcome". see? logic only gets you so far. lrn2transcend

while you're at it, if you're serious about pursuing truth, read Sartor Resartus, by one of your own countrymen
>>
>>55681120

why would I have to prove something we both know is true? fuck that cunt. If I were in MA I say fuck off and go to hell, I don't have to prove what everybody already knows

>>55681319

my point too
>>
>>55679997
Whatcha gonna do?

Do screening tests about how serious people are about their religion?
Tell them to fuck off because their religion is silly, with aviating noodle creatures and whatnot?

And beliving a sky-man of infinite power popped the world into existence on 6 days before getting tired is not?
>>
>>55681740
>religion is much more complex than that. it is history, it is metaphor, it is moral guidance, it is moral authority, it is cause for communion (social gathering) which gives weight to all of the above, etc.
>implying
>>
>>55681740
>religion is much more complex than that. it is history, it is metaphor, it is moral guidance, it is moral authority, it is cause for communion (social gathering) which gives weight to all of the above, etc.

The history is often false, metaphor has no value in this context, and there's absolutely no moral guidance in most mainstream religion as their dogma encourages and condones everything mordern secular society despises such as rape, torture, slavery, physical abuse, infanticide, etc.

>within our lifetime we will see the apocalypse
Citation needed.
>>
>>55681740
>it is history, it is metaphor, it is moral guidance, it is moral authority

Triggered.
Are you saying that his holy spaghetty touch does not offer moral guidance?
That is pastafariphobic.
>>
>>55676489
>not realising that pastafarianism was made to troll religious justice warrior faggots
>>
>>55679841
>sincere
>religion
>>
Why are atheists always so ugly, especially the women?
>>
>>55681847

nah, we know what is serious and what is not

if you wear a colander on your head, you're not serious

anybody else, come see me and we'll talk

>And beliving a sky-man of infinite power popped the world into existence on 6 days before getting tired is not?

again, lrn2metaphor

>>55682053

implying that something every successful culture on earth has selected for has existed for good reason

>>55682192

>metaphor has no value in this context

none that you can appreciate, perhaps, but speak for yourself. not everybody is so limited

>absolutely no moral guidance

thou shalt not kill
thou shalt not steal
thou shalt not envy
honor thy father and mother
do not commit adultery
respect life
etc

>Citation needed.

look around faggot. see the Einstein quote, and this;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/israel/8744913/Full-scale-Middle-East-war-is-imminent-warns-Israeli-general.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samson_Option

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dead_Hand_(nuclear_war)

>>55682256

again, sarcasm is not sincerity
>>
File: qJFr0qe.jpg (72 KB, 537x399) Image search: [Google]
qJFr0qe.jpg
72 KB, 537x399
>>55682422

>not realising that I did realise that

catch up, faggot

>>55682494

most religious people are sincere

>>55682554

atheism is ugly

look at state sponsored atheism; total failure

even on the merits - if God doesn't exist, then what's more retarded then believing in something that doesn't exist? the positive belief in a negative

just walk away
>>
File: 3998Kl73.jpg (309 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
3998Kl73.jpg
309 KB, 750x500
>>55682799
>Wear silly thing on head = not serious
pic

>god is metaphor
And flying spaghetty is not?
>>
>>55682799
>nah, we know what is serious and what is not
>if you wear a colander on your head, you're not serious

Nah sorry, be we all really know what is serious and what is not, if you wear a jewish yarmulke or a hijab, you're not serious.

>again, lrn2metaphor

So the bible is just metaphor, then the passage

>thou shalt not kill

Is just metaphor, that means it's OK to kill people, afterall moses killed sinners, is it ok for moses or was he simply not moral?

>look around faggot.
Not reason or evidence for anything.
>>
>>55683602
Matephor does not mean that you can reverse everything it says just because

I'm an atheist, every religion is fucking retarded, if you want to believe do it without religion, but that argument was the weakest thing ever
>>
>>55676489
Fat bitch with fat bitch glasses. Every. Time.
>>
>>55683964
>Matephor does not mean that you can reverse everything it says just because

That was not my argument. I'm trying to lead the guy to the realisation that you can pick and choose from the bible what you want to believe is metaphor and what you want to believe is real.

And that forces you to reveal your criteria for deciding what is metaphor and what isn't, since it's not explicitly stated.

It's usually helpful if religious people discover this for themselves by leading them down the path and getting them to think about it a bit deeper, but you kinda spoiled it :/
>>
>>55683000

still the best thing ever tweeted in the history of that shitty social network
>>
>>55677490
Current guidelines at my workplace are that they have to show their face and pull the hijab back enough to make their ears visible.
>>
>>55683257

a hat is not a cooking utensil

>And flying spaghetty is not?

god is good; devil is evil

literally, not even metaphor, there is truth there

the consecration of each; one letter separated

>Nah sorry, be we all really know what is serious and what is not,

again, the difference here is you are being facetious and they are not

>So the bible is just metaphor

not all metaphor, but some. just like greek myths worked as fables. learn to think

thou shalt not kill is good advice for stable society don't you think? there are exceptions too, as in war, as in self-defence, etc., but in general, good advice

>Not reason or evidence for anything.

oh no? you don't see we finally have the technology capable of destroying civilisation?

>>55684150

every time

>>55684216

it's not pick and choose. some are metaphor, some are moral guidance, some are history, some are who knows; it is man-made, but read Sartor Resartus; "I weave for God the garment you see him by" ~

I'm not even religious. lrn2go full circle
>>
>>55684772
>it's not pick and choose. some are metaphor, some are moral guidance, some are history

And which are which? Based on what criteria? Your opinion?
>>
Not all Pastafarians wear colenders
#notallpastafarians
>>
>>55685078

discernment
>>
>>55683000
>look at state sponsored atheism; total failure
As is Shariah law and other examples of the state imposing on personal belief.
Secularism protects the church from the state and vice versa. Atheism wasn't the problem; nonsecular countries are always shit. The more militant a country is in enforcing their anti-secular policies, the shittier they tend to be.

>>55684772
>thou shalt not kill is good advice for stable society don't you think? there are exceptions too, as in war, as in self-defence, etc., but in general, good advice
We don't need religion to know the difference between right and wrong. Empathy doesn't come from a book.

And why did you choose now of all times to be so upset about atheism? Atheists and Christians should be putting aside our differences to focus on the more imminent and vile threat.
>>
How do I join this religion? Also They allowed this but not Jedi?! Fuck their shit.
>>
>we must now be tolerant even to people's ironic shitposting religions
>>
>>55677490
my mom wears nikab and her passport and license are in a hijab
>>
This is nothing new.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-14135523
>>
>>55685376
>discernment

Discernment based on what? Opinion? Rationality? Logic? Evidence?
>>
>>55685440

>nonsecular countries are always shit.

that would be the entire history of Europe(ans) up until only recently. without your history you don't exist, stupid

at least they survive. degenerate secularism accompanies collapse, and soon

>We don't need religion to know the difference between right and wrong.

then why was religion successfully selected for in every major culture in the world?
>>
>>55685559
Yup.

It's the bane of political correctness.
>>
>>55685776

you're missing the point still

here's a bit of help;

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Physics#/media/File:Optical-dispersion.png

http://educ.jmu.edu//~omearawm/ph101willtobelieve.html

don't forget to read Sartor Resartus

seriously, I was an atheist when I was young and immature too

Great scientists Oersted, Leibniz, Newton, and others were all religious; Einstein believed in God

you are only scratching the surface
>>
>>55685954
>that would be the entire history of Europe(ans) up until only recently
Yup. They also had serfdom and other horrible shit. Just because something has a historical basis doesn't mean it's good.

>at least they survive. degenerate secularism accompanies collapse, and soon
Nope. There are lots of religious states that no longer exist, and most historically religious modern nations have made a switch over to secularism.
And lets not forget that the USA is a country built upon a foundation of secularism, yet it's the worlds greatest superpower.

>then why was religion successfully selected for in every major culture in the world?
I honestly don't know what you're trying to say in the sentence. Please elaborate.
>>
>>55685954
>Then why was religion successfully selected for in every major culture in the world?

It selected itself.

Italy is a prime example. During the Italian Revolution, the Vatican State which covered a big chunk of Italy opposed to the unification of the state because the pope feared losing his material power and therefore had the French garrison Rome with a small army to avoid an invasion. That's why Italy was declared united in 1861 even if Rome was still missing and while the revolutionaries used to sing songs aganist pope and priests. 10 years later the french had to deal with their own issues, so the Italians entered rome and reduced the pope to the small vatican state. In response, the pope issused an edict that forbid all christians to partecipate in the italian political life, as the italian nation had disrespected god.

50 years later, Mussolini needed some support to his regime and therefore turned to the church, garanting them rights such as money, tax-relief and religion being thaught in schools and the Christian Democracy party being born (which controlled political life until thye 90s when it was discovered that it was totally corrupted)
>>
>>55678727
There is no point. It's some person who think their opinion matters more than others and they're flaunting their own perceived superiority.

It's very similar to the vibe you're giving off so I guess you're another "genius atheist"
>>
>>55686120
>you're missing the point still

You're not answering the question, and we both know why. Because if you discern the difference in the bible between metaphor non metaphor in the bible using any other rational method then the things in the bible cannot be a source of those beliefs.

You cannot state the bible is the source of morality or history if we have to externally verify which is which.

And it's required by any rational person who believes the bible is in any way truthful or accurate that a least some of the things are metaphorical because they both do not accord with reality and they're not even internally consistent because the bible is full of contradictions, some of them previously stated.

You assert that I've only scratched the sufrace yet you're unable to answer my basic questions regarding the truth of the bible.

This is why almost no one in academic circles takes religion seriously, it's so intellectually bankrupt that only idiots believe it.
>>
>>55685648
we're talking about in the US, you piece of shit.
>>
>>55686622

again, it survived. secular degeneracy does not

>and lets not forget that the USA is a country built upon a foundation of secularism

The country was founded by religious people (Quakers). even when there was separation between church and state the nation was highly religious; it did not put up with bullshit like in the OP. there is a difference. I'm all about an open society, but degeneracy is a step too far. respect sincere religion without letting it take over

>I honestly don't know what you're trying to say in the sentence. Please elaborate.

I'm saying every major society on earth, be it in the West or China or India or Japan or the Middle East has developed only with religion. religion is integral to social development; the thing speaks for itself

>>55686685

>It selected itself.

yes, exactly

if atheist nations could compete they would have, but they don't. the few examples in teh modern era are short-lived total failures
>>
well if some older obviously made up religions get to be official why not newer ones *tips strainer*
>>
>>55686971

I'm saying there is an understanding that goes deeper than mere logic and reason. see Einstein's quote;

>The supreme task of the physicist is the discovery of the most general elementary laws from which the world-picture can be deduced logically. But there is no logical way to the discovery of these elemental laws. There is only the way of intuition, which is helped by a feeling for the order lying behind the appearance, and this Einfühlung [literally, empathy or 'feeling one's way in'] is developed by experience.

>You cannot state the bible is the source of morality

I never said source. It is a vehicle. if it were the source other religions would be invalid. they're not.

religions carry with them truth and moral weight. it is why these texts have survived thousands of years. I suggest, if you don't read Sartor Resartus, to read religious texts of other religions. Your own cultural aversion won't be so strong and you will begin to see intellectual and moral themes repeat themselves. check out the bhagavad gita, tao te ching, i ching, kabbalah, quran, poetic edda, etc.

>This is why almost no one in academic circles takes religion seriously

it's not an academic work. consider that people take religion more seriously than the academy.

>it's so intellectually bankrupt that only idiots believe it.

Newton, Leibniz, Oersted, Darwin...idiots?
>>
>>55676489
Good for her. If a mudslime can keep his turban on his head I don't see why I can't keep a strainer or a colander on mine.
>>
>>55686799
There's far better ways to flaunt superiority, the point of the stunt is open discourse about the current state of affairs, which it's done successfully because we're here talking about it.

As I said, it was very clever because it was win/win for her, if they'd denied her the request then it would have opened up a discourse about religious discrimination and if they allow it, it opens up a discourse about why we should allow exceptions to rules for religious reasons (where religion can be defined more or less as anything)

I'm not a "genius atheist", you don't need to be a genius atheist to get the point here, you just need to be able to read between the lines, that is to say you have to understand meaning which is implied rather than explicitly stated.
>>
>>55687804

if they deny her then she gets ignored, end of story

>>55687793

0/10
>>
>>55685648
Terrorists.
>>
>>55687094
>I'm all about an open society, but degeneracy is a step too far
My rights don't end where your feelings begin.

>they did not put up with bullshit like in the OP
>respect sincere religion
If people want to mock religion then they're free do to so.

>I'm saying every major society on earth, be it in the West or China... has developed only with religion
Okay mate, you honestly don't know what you're talking about. Modern China oppressed the fuck out of religious people during it's creation. Ever heard of the cultural revolution?
They systematically destroyed Buddhist churches. Tons of beautiful religious architecture and history was lost. Millions of people died.

Even modern China is strongly anti-religious.
When I was there a few years ago, I traveled through the Xinjiang region, which is filled with Muslims. The government had put huge billboards and megaphones up outside the mosques, and would play loud advertisements and other bullshit during salah. It was super petty and blatant, but the government didn't give a fuck.
Modern China are the OG militant atheists.
The cultural revolution is one of the things that religious people usually point at and say "Look! Atheists can be just as militant and extreme as religious people!"

You literally don't know what the fuck you're talking about. Typical ignorant American.

And please, for fucks sake, capitalize you sentences. I feel like I'm talking to a child.
>>
>>55676489
you don't have to be religious to know she's a bit of a fucking mong
>>
>>55688463

>My rights don't end where your feelings begin.

you don't have a right to be a god damn retard and have the state sanctify it

>If people want to mock religion then they're free do to so.

on their own time; if the state makes religious exceptions that does not apply to mocking religion. mocking religion is not a religion. get it now?

>Modern China oppressed the fuck out of religious people during it's creation.

what, like 60 years ago? I'm talking go back thousands of years. read the I Ching

>Typical ignorant American.

and yet I'm still 2 steps ahead of you, kek

>capitalize you sentences

fuck off, this isn't english class
>>
File: fingoloid.png (17 KB, 635x441) Image search: [Google]
fingoloid.png
17 KB, 635x441
>>55688638
This. And I should know.
>>
>>55688463
"rights" dont exist
>>
>>55688062
>if they deny her then she gets ignored, end of story

No if they deny her then she gets to launch a media campaign and legal campaign to fight for the right to not be discriminated against for her religion and the government are forced into a position of either religious discrimination (which is unconstitutional) or have to admit that pastafarianism is just as much a legitimate religion as any other.

She's made a mockery of the system, which is a good thing, it creates discourse around it which is the first step towards change and preferably the system becoming entirely secular.

>>55687525
>I'm saying there is an understanding that goes deeper than mere logic and reason. see Einstein's quote;

This is an appeal to authority, not everything Einstein said was correct, especially outside of his field of expertise. He offers no evidence to back the claim there's no logical way to discovery elemental laws, in fact that flys in the face of modern science where the most knowledge comes from a tried and tested procedure of measurement, experiment, hypothesis and theory, followed by evidence, predictability and finally publishing and peer review.

>I never said source. It is a vehicle. if it were the source other religions would be invalid. they're not.

Then it's useless, if everything in it is externally derived somehow. Other religions contradict each other constantly, there's no good reason to believe any religion is valid over any other, they all state dogma without evidence or reason. Science and evidence routinely prove that theistic claims simply are not in concordance with reality.

>religions carry with them truth and moral weight. it is why these texts have survived thousands of years.

That's just retarded, plenty of fictional stories have lasted even longer from older civilizations and are understood to not be true or carry moral weight.
>>
>>55684772
>God = good
>devil = evil
Oh my fucking God you absolutely, utterly retarded individual.

>implying those are the names they had back then
Fucking theists
>>
>>55684772
Oh and
>the difference here is you are being facetious and they are not
So you're saying one is pretending to be retarded while the other is just retarded?
>>
Dunno about other countries but the finnish law regarding religious freedom is shit. If you get 20 followers to be with you, you can start a new official religion. Well, that's the way it -should- be. The truth is, if you get the 20 guys to follow you, you can send an inquiry to the Education Committee. Pastafaris in Finland did exactly this, and they got a letter back saying "DENIED - this isn't a religion"

I mean it's logical but still shit legislature. You can believe in aaaanything you want - as long as the fat cats approve.
>>
Hate is the religion of terrorism.
>>
Gonna be pretty funny when she gets pulled over 2bh.

I think "pastafarianism" is pretentious as fuck, but I like her bants
>>
>>55689035
>she gets to launch a media campaig

how exactly?

>some bitch calls newspaper, says she wants to wear a colander on her head in her drivers license photo
>newspaper hangs up

???

In a healthy society people like this are ignored, end of story

>This is an appeal to authority

it's not just an appeal to authority, kid; I also posted the quote. can you think or not?

>He offers no evidence to back the claim

you gotta be fucking kidding me. the entire point of the quote was there is an understanding that precedes/supercedes "evidence". mother of god, you can't be this dense

>Then it's useless

you know what's useless? this thread

It's 6:15 am, I haven't slept. check out the links/sources I posted here if you're intellectually honest and curious
>>
>>55689049

English is la lingua pura

>>55689138

something like that

goodnight
>>
>>55679841

Thats the whole point you mong, its taking the piss out of the fact that you can wear a turban or face mask if your religion says to.
>>
File: 1294710711159.jpg (26 KB, 251x414) Image search: [Google]
1294710711159.jpg
26 KB, 251x414
>>55676489
I'M WAKING UP
I FEEL IT IN MY BONES
ENOUGH TO MAKE MY SYSTEMS BLOW
>>
>>55685648

Your mom should be killed like all mudslimes. Fucking die today you terrorist piece of shit.

#NukeMecca
>>
>>55676489
I'm surprised she was convinced to take off her fedora for the photo
>>
CFSM is a religion of pasta! #NotAllPastafarians
>>
>>55687094
>I'm saying every major society on earth, be it in the West or China or India or Japan or the Middle East has developed only with religion. religion is integral to social development; the thing speaks for itself

And every advanced civilization, basically every western 1st world country, religion is on the decline, in the UK between 2001 and 2011 census we increase the number of non religious from 15% to 25%, that's 10% in 10 years or approximately 1% per year. Furthermore the distribution of religious favoured the older generations, only small fractions of the younger generations showed any religious belief, which means we can accurately predict not only the continued decline of religion in modern societies but that this decline is actually accelerating.

The requirement of intellectually immature societies to need some form of spiritual belief in order to transition from an unintelligent species to an intelligent one maybe part of the natural evolutionary process, but it doesn't speak to the truth of those beliefs in fact if numbers is evidence of anything it's that god of the gaps shrinks to zero as our knowledge increases to replace traditional irrational beliefs.

I for one enjoy living in a country where religion is on a steady decline and every metric of lifestyle and health is better than in more deeply religious countries. If this is a decline or an apocalypse it sure is sweet as fuck.
>>
>>55679841

Yeah and? You know how many corrupt as shit megachurches pay 0 taxes in this country?
>>
>>55688747
>you don't have a right to be a god damn retard and have the state sanctify it
>on their own time; if the state makes religious exceptions that does not apply to mocking religion. mocking religion is not a religion. get it now?
Why not? It hurts nobody. There are no weeping widows or crowded hospital beds thanks to some schmuck wearing a source pan.
Literally the only thing that's been hurt is your feelings. The government shouldn't step in to protect your precious sensibilities.

You're the same as the SJW's that call for censorship of whatever makes them uncomfortable. Only in your case, your "trigger" isn't sexism, it's people mocking religion.

The girl didn't didn't attack anybody or steal anything. All she did was make a fool of herself. If she wants to do that, then let her.
It's not the governments job to shield you from ideas you disagree with. You can't co-opt the word "degeneracy" onto whatever makes you uncomfortable or angry and expect that to justify your despotic bullshit.

>I'm talking go back thousands of years
You said "every major society on earth developed only with religion," but modern China has been strictly atheist from it's inception. It didn't come from religion.
Not only are you moving the goal posts, you moving them back thousands of years.

>fuck off, this isn't english class
Your butchering of the English language is the real degeneracy here. Is English your second language or something?
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 367x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 367x500
Just another example of how edgy atheists are. She did this just to piss off religious people and get upvotes, I guarantee it.
>>
>>55687343
kek
>>
>>55689328
>>some bitch calls newspaper, says she wants to wear a colander on her head in her drivers license photo
>>newspaper hangs up
>???
>In a healthy society people like this are ignored, end of story

No she calls all major media outlets saying that the government is infringing her constitutional rights, you know those things that basically everyone cares about.

>it's not just an appeal to authority, kid; I also posted the quote. can you think or not?
Belief that something is true by quoting someone is an appeal to authority you numpty.

>you gotta be fucking kidding me. the entire point of the quote was there is an understanding that precedes/supercedes "evidence". mother of god, you can't be this dense

And there's no reason to believe that, and if you don't need reason to believe it then you can believe anything, I could state any number of stupid things and say that it precedes logic, reason and evidence, but it doesn't make it right.
>>
>>55683000
based Tyler
>>
>>55690173
>She did this just to piss off religious people
You say this in a troll post designed just to piss off atheists.
>>
>>55678224
They are not real atheists.
>>
>>55689328
Doesn't have to be a newspaper. Self-publishing, and I'm sure that the story would gain some traction by people just as frustrated and incredulous about the "rights" of the religious in matters of law and order.
>>
>>55690392

I'm still here

feeling, intuition, instinct - that is all knowing without reason

self-reflection is a mirror; an image is not the thing itself

you were alive before you could think about that fact.

>>55690171

it's insincere bullshit, simple enough; the state should not be in the business of sanctifying protest movements. if it's religion then it's religion. if it's a protest then it's not religion. she can wear the colander in public, but not in a license photo

> but modern China has been strictly atheist from it's inception.

modern China didn't come from nowhere; it came from China that existed before then, including religion

>Not only are you moving the goal posts

didn't move them; you just didn't understand to begin with

>Is English your second language or something?

nyet

>>55690392

>No she calls all major media outlets saying that the government is infringing her constitutional rights

she gets hung up on lots of times.
>>
>>55686120
>Great scientists Oersted, Leibniz, Newton, and others were all religious

Loads also weren't, this is a terrible argument. Einstein's god isn't the god you're thinking of anyway, it was a spinoza's 'god is the universe' type god.
>>
>>55676489
Christianity is a dead religion for pussies. Islam is retarded.
I for one welcome our noodly overlords.
>>
>>55690879
>Self-publishing

nobody cares

how many millions of blogs are there online that nobody reads?
>>
>>55690908

>Einstein's god isn't the god you're thinking of anyway, it was a spinoza's 'god is the universe' type god.

same God when it comes down to it
>>
>>55676489
of course a "pastafarian" is some ugly, fat freak with prescriptions. would bet my last euro that she's a redditor.
>>
>>55690896
>modern China didn't come from nowhere; it came from China that existed before then, including religion

Confucianism and Taoism are athiest religions my friend.
>>
>>55691037

not true

>Tao endures. Your body dies. There is no danger.

Tao is the spirit of life itself

http://terebess.hu/english/tao/addiss.html
>>
>>55676489
RADIOACTIVE

RADIOACTIVE
>>
File: Ninja Dating Site.jpg (57 KB, 500x596) Image search: [Google]
Ninja Dating Site.jpg
57 KB, 500x596
>>55677774
>>
>>55690896
>it came from China that existed before then, including religion
No, it came from Russian Marxist ideologies. It actively, intentionally and systematically destroyed the "China that existed before then." It blew the fuck out of Chinese history.
Saying that Buddhism built modern China is like saying the native Americans built the USA. Modern China was erected on the corpses of the religious and traditionalist.

>she can wear the colander in public, but not in a license photo
But why? WHY?
You're not telling me why she shouldn't be allowed, you're just repeating that she shouldn't.
And please, don't just say "degeneracy."

>>55691328
He was being sarcastic, dipshit.
>>
>>55679841
>sincere
>religion
Okay there burger.
>>
>>55690896
>feeling, intuition, instinct - that is all knowing without reason

That's knowing based on emotional preference and evolutionary biases. Most of modern discoveries in science thing such as quantum mechanics go completely against instinct and intuition and common sense. So when we compare what is better at discovering the fundamentals of reality we find that the rigour of science is not only better but required in order to suppress things like instinct in order to arrive at models of reality which physically model the reality we measure ourselves to live in.

>if it's religion then it's religion. if it's a protest then it's not religion.
Who are you to state what is and is not a religion, there's no evidence that other religions are any more legitimate than pastafarianism. That's the whole point she was making, seems to have completely gone over your head.

>>55690896
>she gets hung up on lots of times.

Except she's in the news, how naive are you really?

>same God when it comes down to it
No, it's not in fact he was clear that he didn't believe in a personal god, he made it very clear he was agnostic on the matter, he said that explicitly.

Religiosity inversely correlates with IQ and also inversely correlates with further education, the more educated you are in things like science especially, the less incidence of religious belief. Of the tiny number of scientists who do believe in some kind of god, it's typically a god that does not or cannot interfere with the universe, in order for them to hold both beliefs simultaneously.
>>
>>55691479
That ninja below scorpion is a qt.
Must have mad swordmanship,.
>>
>>55679841
Define "sincere religion"

Personally I love this - just proves how ridiculous religious tolerance has become
>>
>>55689529

kek'd
>>
>>55690048
yeah and? You know how many homeless, broken, and people in need those churches help?
>>
>>55689876
>implying islam isn't on the rise in bongland :^)
>>
>>55691779
>But why? WHY?
You're not telling me why she shouldn't be allowed, you're just repeating that she shouldn't.
And please, don't just say "degeneracy."

It's already been said several times. Because it's not a sincerely held religious belief which is an actual legal standard here in burgerland.
https://www.aclu.org/files/assets/know_your_rights_--__religion_november_2012_0.pdf
>>
As a teen I fucking had to take another photo because I had some fringe covering my forehead and it was "unacceptable", and now there's this
>>
>>55681833
When your religion, or religion of closer persons, will be opressed I hope you will shut the fuck up, because right here you're supporting the oppression of a religion.
>>
>>55693978
>Because it's not a sincerely held religious belief which is an actual legal standard here in burgerland.
So? Why should that matter?
Does her lack of seriousness cause cancer? Does her intention change the consequences of her actions?
Of course not. This hurts nobody. It's a victimless crime. Why should it be banned?
>>
>>55693978
>It's already been said several times. Because it's not a sincerely held religious belief which is an actual legal standard here in burgerland.

And how do you prove what is a sincerely held religious belief and what is not? People change their beliefs all the time for a manner of different reasons, what criteria is used to determine what religious belief is sincere and what isn't?

How do you do that without religious discrimination?
>>
Flying spaghetti monster is such a strawman.
I bet she joined this religion just to eat more pasta
Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.