[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bread Pill
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
File: teacher.jpg (50 KB, 218x280) Image search: [Google]
teacher.jpg
50 KB, 218x280
The Cliff Notes of Christianity.

Moses's Covenant^1 with God was the Old Covenant^1 paving the way for the New Covenant^1.
Matthew 5:17;
Hebrews 9, Hebrews 9:15;

>What is the New Covenant^1?
Eternal Life Though Jesus Christ the Son of God.

>How does one partake of the New Covenant^1?

Jesus says be Baptized.
John 3:1-22, John 3:5, John 3:22;

Jesus says Eat of His Flesh and Drink His blood.
Matthew 26:17-29, Mathews 26:26-28;
Mark 14:12-25, Mark 14:22-24;
Luke 22:7-28, Luke 22:17-20;
John 6:35-71, John 6:48-58, John 6:53;
Don't be like the unbelievers in:
John 6:66

Paul, one of Christ's Apostles says
These two simple acts join us in the Body of Christ, The Communion of Saints, His Church.
1 Corinthians 12:13;
He does also warn us, don't consume Christ if you are unworthy.
1 Corinthians 11:23-29, 1 Corinthians 11:28-29;

Don't worry Jesus knows this because he Taught Paul this. Here is how you become worthy.
Seek Confessions through The Holy Spirit, but you can't do this alone.
John 20:19-23, John 20:21-23;

Follow Christ's Teaching or you can't be washed in His blood.
1 John 1:5-10,1 John 1:6-7;

1)in the greek manuscripts the words used are:
>διkαιώματα λατρείας,
>dikaiōmata latreias
>"Regulations of Worship"
Testament or Covenant are good colloquial equivalent.
>Testament (In biblical use)
>3rd Definition OED
A covenantor dispensation.

The TL;DR of Christianity
Baptism
Repent your Sins in the presence of an πρεσβύτερος, Presbyter:Priest/Elder.
Consume Christ.
>>
>Acts 16:29-33;
The Jailer asks Paul and Silas:
>Sirs, what must I do to be saved?

Apostles replied:
>Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.

Immediately the Jailer gets Baptized, because:
>Believing in Jesus means Following His Teaching.

If you say you have fellowship with him but ignore his teaching you walk in darkness.
>1 John 1:5-10, 1 John 1:6-7;

>On Pentecost Peter and the Apostles Preach to a crowd and say:
"Therefore let all Israel be assured of this: God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lordand Messiah.”
>When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles,
“Brothers, what shall we do?”
>Peter replied,
“Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins."

Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their numberthat day.They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teachingand to fellowship, to the breaking of breadand to prayer.
>Acts 2:37-42;

We are all sinners, but thanks to Christ, we all have been redeemed, and are righteous unto the eyes of God.

Now you are probably wondering, what about other religions? Are those paths valid? Nope, As it is written, jesus states:

>I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

>Isn't Eucharist and Baptist Works?
Muh Preacher says Grace not works.

>Ephesians 2:8-9;
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Yes! Grace saves you!
Man cannot dip someone in water to cleanse them of sins; this is a Work of the Holy Spirit.
Man cannot turn Bread and Wine to Christ's Body and Blood; this is a Work of the Holy Spirit.

>Not of works, lest any MAN should boast.
God--the Holy Spirit isn't man. This like Christs sacrifice on the Cross is a Works of God. Grace is a work of God.
>>
>>55669136
We're the part about the pope?
>>
>>55669323
In the orthodoxy the Patriarch os a position of honor and just like in acts groups of elders pray and argue to make there decision.
> pic related
My Patriarch, fun fact before peter had rome he was the patriarch of Antioch.
>>
>>55669693
Would a Catholic be welcomed into the orthodoxy upon conversion?
>>
>>55669864
I was Catholic my whole life until 3 years ago. Sometimes i still say the philonoque how embarrassing but no one notices
>>
File: 1406282152442.png (394 KB, 593x596) Image search: [Google]
1406282152442.png
394 KB, 593x596
For my first trick i will destroy
>pic related
>>
>>55671317
CATHOLIC CHURCH
CALL THE PRIEST FATHER

WORD OF GOD
CALL NO MAN FATHER
>Matthew 23,9 KJV;
And call nomanyour father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

Paul call himself Father to his Mission in Corinth as to Timothy
>1 Corinthians 4:14-17 KJV;
I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved
>SONS
I warnyou. For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yethave ye not many
> FATHERS:
for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel. Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me. For this cause have I sent unto you Timotheus, who is my beloved
SON, and faithful in the Lord, who shall bring you into remembrance of my ways which be in Christ, as I teach every where in every church.

If Christ revealed himself to Paul,
Paul would know the intention of this Teaching. If Christ meant his teaching to be taken like this, this would break >The 5th Commandment;
Honor Thy Father and Thy Mother
Taking your Father's title away is dishonoring him. Jesus Didn't say call Just God and Your Male-Progenitor Father, he said call no man this is clearly a parable. In Matthew :36-40--just a few verses earlier--Jesus is careful with the Law why would He be so careless in Matthew 23:9. When Jesus Speaks in Parables he always explains it immediately, and wouldn't you know Matthew 23:11-12 explains it. The point being: as a Priest one must serve.

>Parable:Noun OED;
A simple story used toillustratea moral or spirituallesson.

Even John Calvin knows this.
"While Paul claims for himself the appellation of father, he does it in such a manner as not to take away or diminish the smallest portion of the honor which is due to God." (John Calvin's Commentary on 1 Timothy 1:2).
>>
>>55671317
>1 John 1:9 KJV;
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us oursins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

At a minimum a new verse must be choose. Because it does not decry confessing sins to anyone, also it fails to mention Priests.

This being said, I will still challenge your position.

>James 5:16 KJV;
Confessyourfaults^1 one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Isaiah 11:2 Says counsel is one gift of the Holy Spirit. James says to confess you sins to other Christians. It should reason, that some Christians would invoke the Holy Spirit to counsel each other on their sins commented. It would futher reason a Christian would prefer to seek counsel from a church elder.

>John 20:19-23 KJV;
Then the same day at evening, being the firstdayof the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them,Peacebeunto you. And when he had so said, he shewed unto themhishands and his side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the Lord. Then said Jesus to them again, Peacebeunto you: asmyFather hath sent me, even so send I you. And when he had said this, he breathed onthem, and saith unto them,Receive ye the Holy Ghost: Whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them;and whose soeversinsye retain, they are retained.

Jesus gifted the Holy Spirit to ten men with the purpose of giving counsel to mankind, to use jugdement to forgive the sins of many. In Acts 6:1-7 These same ten men plus two, ordained 7 more men by invoking the Holy Spirit via laying on of hands. These elders, according to James 5:14-15, have the power to remove sins^1 from the sick also.

1)
>ἁμαρτίας, hamartias:fault/sin;
In the KJV James 5:16 fault is misleading, because in 5:15 the word sin is used; but in greek the same word is used in 15 and 16.
>>
CATHOLIC CHURCH
PRAYERS TO DEAD SAINTS

WORD OF GOD
GOD CALLS THIS AN ABOMINATION
>Deuteronomy 18:10-11 KJV;
There shall not be found among youany onethat maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire,orthat useth divination,or an observer of times, or an enchanter, or a witch, Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.

>Consulter of familiar spirits
Self explanatory.

>Necromancer:Noun OED;
A person whopracticesnecromancy; a wizardormagician.

>Necromancy:Noun OED;
The supposed practice ofcommunicating with the dead, especially in order topredict the future.

So... Consider the following.
>Saints:Noun OED;
A personacknowledgedasholyor virtuous and typically regarded as being inheaven after death.
>Are
>Not
>Dead

>The Oxford is not good enough.
People in Heaven are not dead
>Saints are right now in heaven.
>In a scene from the crucifixion
>Matthew 27:48-53;

Jesus came here to give us eternal life.
>If one follows his teaching...
>John 6:47; 1 John 1:6;

Saints are the Body of Christ, His Church, in Heaven and on Earth.
So you see, Saints are alive! They are Christians; Good Christians, Followers of Christ, made Sinless through the Blood of Jesus Christ. Granted Eternal Life in Heaven.
>>
CATHOLIC CHURCH
THEY HAVE MARY AS A CO - MEDIATOR

WORD OF GOD
JESUS IS THE ONLY MEDIATOR BETWEEN MAN AND GOD
>1 Timothy 2:5 KJV;
Forthere isone God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

>Catholics seek Mediation through Mary the "Co-Mediator"!
>Citation Needed.

Roman Church Doesn't even use "Co-Mediator", only Belligerent uninformed Protestants use this term made up by Protestants. The One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church uses Θεοτόkος, Theotokos; "The One Who Gives Birth To The One Who Is God ", as Mary's Title.

On earth even Jesus followed the,
>5th Commandment;
Honor thy Father and thy Mother.
>John 2:3-5;
Now that Mary is a Heavenly Saint She is see on Earth by Christians as the Chief Interceder Amoung the Heavenly Saints.

Intercede:Verb OED;
Interveneon behalf of another.

Read a few verses back:
>1 Timothy 2:1-4;
I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, >INTERCESSIONS,
andgiving of thanks,
>BE MADE FOR ALL MEN;
For kings, andforall that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty. For thisisgood and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
>>
CATHOLIC CHURCH
PRAYERS TO MARY

WORD OF GOD
ONLY PRAY TO THE FATHER, IN JESUS NAME
>John 14:13 KJV;
And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

>Pray:Verb OED;
Addressasolemnrequestor expression of thanks to adeityor other object of worship.

>Prayer:Noun OED;
A solemnrequestforhelpor expression of thanksaddressedto God or an object of worship.

You are correct, praying to anything beyond God is wrong. Your mistakes is misunderstanding this Element of the Faith.
Christians should pray with other Christians. True Christians are Saints, Earthly and Heavenly. Mary is a Heavenly Saint, but we don't pray to her--or any other Saint for that matter. They join us in prayer, they pray for us. Earthly and Heavenly Saints.

Pray for each other for a righteous man's prayers avail.
>James 5:16;

>When two or more gather in my name...
> Matthew 18:20;

Saints Pray from Heaven
Revelations 8:4;

Prayer between Heavenly and Earthly Saints
Heavenly Saints Intercede.
2 Maccabees 15:12-14;
A former Earthly High Priests, now Heavenly Saint appears lays hands on the Jewish Community praying for and blessing them. Maccabeus witnessing the pray as Onias leads.

It is no different than asking for Prayers from your Prayer Group--because thats what it is.
>>
File: IconographyIsNotIdolatry1.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
IconographyIsNotIdolatry1.jpg
1 MB, 1280x1280
CATHOLIC CHURCH
IDOL WORSHIP

WORD OF GOD
THIS BREAKS THE 2N COMMANDMEDNT
>Exodus 20:4-6 KJV;
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thingthatisin heaven above, or thatisin the earth beneath, or thatisin the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy Godama jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourthgenerationof them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

The Catholic Church practices Idolatry!
>Citation Needed.

Bible definition of idolatry:
>The following seems like a fair TL; DR of Exodus 20:4-6;
>Don't make an idol and worship it!^a, b

>Idolitry:Noun; OED^a
Worship of idols.

>Idol:Noun OED;^b
An image or representation of a god used as an object of worship.

>Worship:Noun OED;^a, b
The feeling or expression of reverence and adoration for a deity.

Where in The One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church does this occur?
Only the Triune God is Worshiped by The Church.

Veneration for Saints are expressed, but this is not Worship.

>Venerate:Verb OED;^c
Regard with great respect;revere
>Romans 16:16;
>1 Thessalonians 5:26;
>2 Corinthians 13:12;

I mean they made it to Heaven, God has honored them, why shouldn't we?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.