[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Viral Marketing, Social Engineering and Control: a 4chan study
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 28
File: WEB-PRISM.jpg (567 KB, 1020x1230) Image search: [Google]
WEB-PRISM.jpg
567 KB, 1020x1230
Part One:

There are numerous elements of the basic 4chan environment and attitude that have been effectively tailored and adapted to be successful tools for viral marketing, and social engineering.

Lets look specifically at /v/, this board is entirely product centered -this makes it logically the most fertile ground for viral marketing efforts.

Examining the culture and post structure of /v/, it becomes quickly apparent that the only acceptable opinion to have about anything there is a negative one.
If you want to boost lasting awareness [ the most important factor in advertising ] of your product: you saturate /v/ with negative opinions about this game. Such that no-one who visits /v/ will come away without being further aware of your product. And anyone who is on it frequently will have no choice but to be constantly bombarded with reinforced awareness of this product.

You might be saying 'that is counter productive, why would you complain about your product to induce people to buy it?' Because the only acceptable opinion to have there is a negative one this structures the way you have to sell. Because everyone is such a negative nancy, you don't actually come away with a negative opinion from this information -because that is the norm of the discourse there. But you cannot help to be made further aware of this product.

Consider that anyone who puts forth a positive opinion is instantly labeled a 'shill' 'Xdrone' or specifically a viral marketer. This is probably an evolution due to the reaction from when marketers were more willing to spread advertising information on /v/ in a more traditional way, which they now distance themselves from.
>>
File: WEB-Orwell.jpg (392 KB, 781x1055) Image search: [Google]
WEB-Orwell.jpg
392 KB, 781x1055
>>55660359
Part Two:
This is the concept of manufactured outrage.
One fantastic example of this is the current starwars casting kerfuffle. The racist remarks and attitudes contained in this are extremely inflammatory. Not only will they immediately spark an equally inflammatory response, these efforts will be self replicating because it will tie in to already existing racial tensions and hatespeech.

By these methods, you will guarantee that nobody who uses the internet in a social way will be outside the scope of being constantly reminded that there is more starwars for them to buy.

This board was specifically used as a conduit for these efforts, there are initial organizers and posters of this information, and the inflammatory nature of the racial content allows it to be taken up by the community and propagated and spread. Only a little push is required, the existing internet demographics tend to do the rest.

An additional example of this concept is the current starbucks holiday cup whatever thing, The very idea that this is something worth being upset about is manufactured purely for an excuse for starbucks to be mentioned and argued about on your facebook feed. The goal is reinforcing awareness only. This time exploiting religious social tensions.
>>
File: WEB-Lovecraft.jpg (456 KB, 795x1064) Image search: [Google]
WEB-Lovecraft.jpg
456 KB, 795x1064
Part Three:

You might be asking yourself: what is so nefarious about this method of promoting products? True enough, but I cite these examples only to get you to connect the dots to the larger picture.

How many attitudes that you hold were directly informed by your being a part of the /pol/ community? Can you think of any of these attitudes that may be useful to those who seek to control what you think?

I don't want to turn this into a racial discussion, but you cannot argue that a pervasive anti-muslim, anti-arab attitude that has been effectively meme'd [ remove kebab ] among the youth, might serve well institutions that stake their financial and political success on firing missiles at musilms and arabs.

Here is a drawing that i did, maybe it will make you want to look at this post. I'll post a few more to bump
>>
File: WEB-Gibson.jpg (389 KB, 788x1050) Image search: [Google]
WEB-Gibson.jpg
389 KB, 788x1050
bump.
>>
File: WEB-Burgess.jpg (162 KB, 788x1050) Image search: [Google]
WEB-Burgess.jpg
162 KB, 788x1050
wow, this board moves fast. on to page 10
>>
File: WEB-BurningChromeCover.jpg (1 MB, 869x1164) Image search: [Google]
WEB-BurningChromeCover.jpg
1 MB, 869x1164
juan more
>>
File: WEB-Fascist.jpg (658 KB, 1049x680) Image search: [Google]
WEB-Fascist.jpg
658 KB, 1049x680
well, now you see me.
>>
File: Ramiel_(NGE).png (1021 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
Ramiel_(NGE).png
1021 KB, 1440x1080
>>55660359
>>
File: WEB-NSposter.jpg (340 KB, 748x1108) Image search: [Google]
WEB-NSposter.jpg
340 KB, 748x1108
>>55661813
wow. i really appreciate that. thanks
>>
Got any social engineering books to recommend?
I was always interested in this, and propaganda.
>>
>>55660574
it made me hate myself for being half jewish
>>
File: WEB-NSsilos1.jpg (1 MB, 1080x792) Image search: [Google]
WEB-NSsilos1.jpg
1 MB, 1080x792
>>55663601
yes, i would recommend the author Neil Sanders, Your Mind Is Not Your Own, Volumes One and Two

hes got a lot of youtube content was well.

Volume One is declassified histroical examples
Volume Two is more contemporary media stuff.

Also I recommend The Tavistock Institute for Human Relations by Dr. John Coleman,
also has some youtube content
>>
>>55660359
see this old /qa/ thread

http://www.4zip.org/qa/thread/295139
>>
File: WEB-NSsilos2.jpg (1010 KB, 1080x792) Image search: [Google]
WEB-NSsilos2.jpg
1010 KB, 1080x792
>>55664236
that link doesnt seem to be working for me, can you elaborate?
>>
>>55663911
Neat. Thanks.
>>
>>55660359
Bump
>>
>>55660574
I'm with you on this man. These opinions have been pushed hard here and I have no evidence in my real life to back these claims up. Something is going on, it's a poisonous and dangerous mindset.
>>
This is interesting stuff. Anywhere I can follow your "ramblings"?
>>
>>55660359
Your kind of right, I can't get anyone to actually talk about good games on /v/. Everyone will be talking about their hate-love relationship with fallout 4 for the next 2 fucking years guaranteed, just like Skyrim.
>>
>>55664815
time to boycott the internet
>>
File: WEB-NSsilos3.jpg (862 KB, 1080x792) Image search: [Google]
WEB-NSsilos3.jpg
862 KB, 1080x792
>>55664815
ultimately man, if you think that, and you bellieve that it is doing harm to your psyche to be experiencing it you should stop coming here.

i dont mean to say that in a negative or dismissive way, its like saying if you dont want to drink shit dont tap a septic tank, if you dont wanna hear lies about islamic FUNDAMENTALISTS then switch off the news and /pol/

side note: is it inconceivable that the infulence responsible for putting this on the news also has its hands in 'new media' like bbs and imageboards?
>>
File: fight4israel.gif (94 KB, 382x497) Image search: [Google]
fight4israel.gif
94 KB, 382x497
>>55660574
>institutions that stake their financial and political success on firing missiles at musilms and arabs
there's a difference between spending lives and resources attacking them in the middle east, and getting them out of your (european) country / not letting them in your country.
>>
File: WEB-NSradar.jpg (593 KB, 1080x792) Image search: [Google]
WEB-NSradar.jpg
593 KB, 1080x792
>>55664818
flattering,

not really. but have a vaguely related youtube link for your troubles.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3F6EkfD9vw
>>
>>55664874
thats because /v/ has some of the lowest average ages of all the boards. Its full of children and manchildren looking to be constantly distracted from reality. Not to say video games and entertainment media is negative in moderation, but alot of these ppl seriously revolve their entire life around something so trivial
>>
>>55665439
in the end simply owning a fucking computer means it's too late, you're fully controlled
>>
File: WEB-NSnaval.jpg (970 KB, 1081x796) Image search: [Google]
WEB-NSnaval.jpg
970 KB, 1081x796
>>55665204
I disagree with the proliferation of A. Wyatt Mann images, they are piss poor political cartoons and do not incite the viewer to learn more, simply to play off existing prejudices.

Have you considered that maybe the playing up of racial tensions due to the influx of arabian minorities into europe also ultimately exists to perpetuate firing missiles at muslims and arabs?

furthermore, have you considered that they might be more willing to stay in their own countries if we hadnt been blowing them up for 30 or so years?
>>
File: fredrik-soderberg.jpg (357 KB, 600x923) Image search: [Google]
fredrik-soderberg.jpg
357 KB, 600x923
I like occult-esoteric art to.
>>
Nice thread,opie. bootin with pic related.
it's about the prevalence of psychopathy in politics
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>55666271
forgot pic
>>
File: MHP-FINAL-WEB.jpg (732 KB, 792x1224) Image search: [Google]
MHP-FINAL-WEB.jpg
732 KB, 792x1224
>>55665867
Thats incredible, the stuff ive been posting is all my own, and im running out of vaguely related images, since its nearly all school stuff. but i appreciate the bump
>>
File: 1447476358256.jpg (463 KB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
1447476358256.jpg
463 KB, 1600x1600
>>55665781
>ultimately exists to perpetuate firing missiles at muslims and arabs?
not if we keep posting the A. Wyatt Mann images to remind people to not enter the Middle East if it's only going to benefit isreal.
(I wish i had my wyatt mann folder with me. It's top notch propaganda.)
But if those wars are/will be beneficial to Western countries, especially USA, then I wholeheartedly support them.
Nothing wrong with having an empire.
>>
People are already calling for crusade. It's too late. Maybe. The West is still a bit shattered. It would take some hardcore shit to get this lot to go full on empire mode. One likely scenario I thought of is to do with the Iranian nuclear deal. A nuke could be used and then indicated as Iranian, giving more than enough justification for the West to invade and seize their oil.
>>
File: protocols_full.png (2 MB, 2790x9886) Image search: [Google]
protocols_full.png
2 MB, 2790x9886
>>55665781
>simply to play off existing prejudices
>oh no my poor jews!
>firing missiles at muslims and arabs
>oh no my poor arabs!

this is how liberals get fucked in the ass by the stronger races. Jews and Arabs are both middle eastern people, and share a lot of DNA. The harsh middle eastern environment breeds agression and sometimes bloodlust. If we cannot be firm with them, they will use us.
>>
File: IF-front-cover.jpg (1 MB, 1021x1162) Image search: [Google]
IF-front-cover.jpg
1 MB, 1021x1162
>>55666627
if you believe that a wyatt man is 'top notch propaganda' you are extremely uneducated. I have had entire semesters on propaganda.

If you want to know about the real shit, i can recommend this book
http://www.amazon.com/Iron-Fists-Branding-Century-Totalitarian/dp/071486109X
>>
File: BOOKLET-TEST-PDF 1.jpg (3 MB, 3000x5100) Image search: [Google]
BOOKLET-TEST-PDF 1.jpg
3 MB, 3000x5100
>>55667059
see, heres the thing. labels:
liberal, left
conservative, right

meaningless.

if you value human life enough to take an interest in the machinations of the powerful few, that is the only important distinction.

pic unrelated, some stuff im still working on
>>
>>55660574
I was already racist anti nigger nationalist anti mudslimes before coming here you piece of faggot
>>
File: WEB-NScovers.jpg (743 KB, 1080x792) Image search: [Google]
WEB-NScovers.jpg
743 KB, 1080x792
>>55667405
maybe so, but were you instantly apt to communicate in this way? There was a time when I wasnt -then there was a time when I was after prolonged 4chan use. now it is no longer the case.
>>
>>55667598
i went to know your meme so yeah fuck you
>>
>>55667340
>if you value human life enough to take an interest in the machinations of the powerful few
yes, I do value human life. I also value human cultures and civilizations. That's why I am generally against haphazardly mixing them together. e.g. allowing a lot of arabs into Europe.
And I am interested in the machinations of the powerful few. You should really consider reading "Protocols of Zon." I already posted it in this thread.

As for expanding an empire into the middle east without much regard for Arab lives, I am neutral on the matter. If they were going to get colonized by Russia soon anyway, then I would like USA to take first blood and get the geopolitical and economic advantages.
>>
File: WEB-Vicious.jpg (807 KB, 658x854) Image search: [Google]
WEB-Vicious.jpg
807 KB, 658x854
>>55668455
>yes, I do value human life
>As for expanding an empire into the middle east without much regard for Arab lives, I am neutral on the matter.

these statements are contradictory. if you genuinely valued human life, identity would not factor in. nor would 'culture',

I hope that you are aware that there is a distinct possibility that you may have been grossly misinformed about the intentions of the muslim / arab minority immigrants on the whole as they relate to making their new home exactly like their old one.
>>
there is a lot of truth around here but even more lies. i think a lot of people have their redpilling stunted, for example blaming everything on niggers. in fact many think racism is being redpilled.
>>
This is a dumb thread. It's based on a premise that might not even be true. Even if the premise is true, it is cased on a correlation. Since it is a correlation the opposite could be equally true.

This board and nearly everything sells culture. Since modern culture is based largely on buying things it's hardly a surprise. This theory is nowhere near as awesome as you think.

Don't get me wrong. I'm happy you think this and I like threads like this. Stay in school and keep at it and you might actually come up with a more meaningful and correct theory one day.
>>
File: WEB-NSaerial.jpg (961 KB, 1080x792) Image search: [Google]
WEB-NSaerial.jpg
961 KB, 1080x792
>>55669014
the /v/ example is just an introductory concept, you are correct in saying that I may not actually be right about that.

You however would be totally fooling yourself to believe that there is NO influence by corporations of places like 4chan or reddit to promote product.

Again, that concept builds on the idea of subtly shaping opinions. In the 1964 Church Committee the Central Intelligence Agency publicaly admitted that they had operatives and advisers on and in every single major network, every single major newspaper and magazine and a slew of private publishing.

To be so naive as the believe that 'new-media' is not even MORE susceptable to this influence is absurd
>>
>>55660359

>marketers on /v/

Yeah. Gearbox promoted Borderlands 1 and /v/ never stopped being a bunch of crazy, paranoid tinfoilers about it since.
>>
>>55668784
>identity would not factor in. nor would 'culture',
i'm sure you'd be upset if we wiped out a foreign culture, such as indian or african. That would be "imperialist." But you don't seem to mind about wiping out European culture.

Did you know that even after all culture is totally removed in the world, the "blankness" that comes in its place is also a type of culture. So when you say you don't care about culture, you are really saying that you don't care about CERTAIN cultures.

As for lives, those are important too. But the death of a culture and/or a way of life is far more catastrophic than the death of a few individuals. You must consider that great art, science, and thought stem from peoples and their way of life.

>making their new home exactly like their old one
yes, they do intend to do this, and they already do this actively.
>>
>>55670193
the key that you are not putting together is that SOME muslim and arab minorities want to make europe into something it currently is not. SOME.

A minority of a minority, these people are more vocal and are covered more by a biased media who wants you to think the way that they do.

as far as not caring about 'certain cultures' I dont know what youre on about or where youre getting that from. Yes, wiping out indigenous peoples is imperialist, there is no need for quotes on this word, and is despicable.

When the red army swept through eastern germany, too profoundly affected and changed the environment on a fundamental level. I agree that this is unfortunate, but it is not the same 'culture loss' as genocide, you cant weigh these concepts equally.

It is my understanding that the minority of the minority who want their new european homes to be identical to their previous ones are going to want to splinter into their own private societies.

this splinter society may grow in size over time but I do not believe that would fundamentally change what it means to be a german the way the red army occupation did
>>
>>55670737

>minority of a minority

>Muslims

>1.6 BILLION people
>minority

Yep.

OP's a faggot.
>>
>>55672147
minority in european demographics

youre a noob
>>
File: taqiyya.jpg (87 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
taqiyya.jpg
87 KB, 480x480
>>55670737
good points man.

but you have to note that Muslim Arabs have 5-7 kids per family, while Europeans have 0-2 kids. It's easy to see where that leads after just a few generations. That's not fear mongering, just basic math.

and you have to note taqiyya (long-term deception strategy), and wonder to what extent it's being used.

Additionally, there's simply no point to most European immigration. It doesn't help the middle eastern people, and it doesn't help us.

See this video on how "humanitarian" immigration doesn't help anyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPjzfGChGlE

Since there's no real point to the immigration in many european countries, especially Sweden, you have to realize that it's being used as a political tool not a humanitarian tool.
>>
>>55672565
This is not what taqiyya means you dumb burger
>>
>>55672782
>In Shi'a Islam, taqiya (تقیة taqiyyah/taqīyah) is a form of religious dissimulation, or a legal dispensation whereby a believing individual can deny his faith or commit otherwise illegal or blasphemous acts, especially while they are in fear or at risk of significant persecution.

you're right. but it can be used as a long term deception strategy

my point still stands that more muslims probably hold radical views than OP believes, and are hiding it with taqiyya.
>>
>>55673057
I agree that I cannot accurately speak to the demographics of what muslim and arab minority immigrants to europe believer or plan to do.

And am willing to acknowledge the concept of terroristic infiltration to some extent

However I feel this is an inflated threat and using this concept to demonize all arab and muslim immigrants is dubious at best and an intentional fallacy at worst.
>>
File: twitterHeaderAug2016website.png (2 MB, 904x380) Image search: [Google]
twitterHeaderAug2016website.png
2 MB, 904x380
>>55660359
I'm getting assistance for my political campaign by /pol/
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 28

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.