[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>yfw he was right
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 10
File: W.jpg (315 KB, 1177x1177) Image search: [Google]
W.jpg
315 KB, 1177x1177
>yfw he was right
>>
About what? Terrir?
>>
File: CTu2pl6UYAAw8TJ.png (186 KB, 597x464) Image search: [Google]
CTu2pl6UYAAw8TJ.png
186 KB, 597x464
>>55651733
>yfw he was right
>>
>>55651733
>>yfw he was right
>>
>>55651733
Saddam was fucking right m8.
>>
>>55651733
When he killed Saddam for no reason and brought the problem we are having now?
>>
>>55652120
>for no reason

top kek
>>
>>55652347
Don't stop there, tell me how many WMD did we find there, please.
>>
>>55651733
We never should have taken out Saddam in the first place. Bush Jr. was an idiot that listened to stupid neocons and wanted to outdo his dad. I blame Bush Sr. for starting us down the eventual path to a war with Iraq.

Iraq bleed for us and the rest of the gulf states in their war against Iran in the 80's to stop the spread of the Islamic revolution. Then the Gulf states gave them shit about paying back loans after Iraq saved their asses. So fuck it, we should have let them take Kuwait as payment for their losses. Fuck the Royal families and their puppets in the west.
>>
>>55652468
http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2014/10/16/new-york-times-reports-wmd-found-in-iraq

We also were the stabilizing power people whine about us destroying.
>>
>>55652468
It wasn't about WMDs, you inbred Cartheginian faggot. It was about the Petrodollar, the cornerstone of the American economy. If some cunt threatened to destroy the orange market or whatever it is your shitty country relies on to fund its alcohol addiction, you'd invade them too.
>>
File: twin-towers.jpg (131 KB, 319x361) Image search: [Google]
twin-towers.jpg
131 KB, 319x361
>>55651733
>tfw America lacks the balls to hold down a retard's ideas where they belong
>>
Yeah good job removing the one guy keeping the ISIS shits in check, good job... So right

WORST PRESIDENT IN US HISTORY

His own fucking father even admitted that
>>
>>55652688
>Herp derp stabilizing power

Sure, all we had to do is continue to occupy the country for a few more generations and all those backward muslims will learn to love secular democracy.
>>
>>55652862

>sadaam was the ONLY thing keeping the middle east stable

what a juvenile idea lmao
>>
>>55652468
Saddam had a full year to ship them up to Syria before we invaded. It's not like he didn't have advanced warning if anything. I'm addition to that liberals complained recently about the soldiers who go fucked up by the remnants of the wmds left behind.

In addition to that shit, they found literal warehouses full of execution records from the Iraq government and mass graves literally everywhere.
>>
>>55652938
If we kept our soldiers there to put down muzzies when they got uppity it would've worked just like it worked for the European powers after WWI. By 2011 Iraw was a perfectly function secular democracy, 2 years later all Iraq has to defend against ISIS is poorly trained soldiers who run away from every fight.
>>
>>55652688
>opinion
How about facts?
>>
>>55653199
>no refutation
>>
>>55652699
>Petrodollar
Canada (37%)
Saudi Arabia (13%)
Mexico (9%)
Venezuela (9%)
Iraq (4%)

Try again.
>>
>>55653147
>Saddam had a full year to ship them up to Syria before we invaded. It's not like he didn't have advanced warning if anything. I'm addition to that liberals complained recently about the soldiers who go fucked up by the remnants of the wmds left behind.

Old WMD's from before the first Gulf War, that we already knew about. What happened to "We don't want the next smoking gun to come in the form of a mushroom cloud"?

>In addition to that shit, they found literal warehouses full of execution records from the Iraq government and mass graves literally everywhere.

Who cares? Secular dictators need to do bad shit to keep the retarded religious nuts under control.
>>
>>55653353
I don't need to refute an opinion article.

"In an interview with The Intercept, Charles Duelfer, head of the CIA’s definitive post-war investigation of Iraq’s weapons of mass destruction programs, explained that “Saddam didn’t know he had it … This is stuff Iraqi leaders did not know was left lying around. It was not a militarily significant capability that they were, as a matter of national policy, hiding."
>>
>>55653177
But that means a constant military presence with our guys dying, with no end in sight. It would have had to go on for generations because these sand niggers are too fucking backwards.

It would have been much cheaper in lives and money to have just backed secular dictators.
>>
>>55651733

>the guy who created this whole mess
>right

0/10
>>
>>55653625
100 years ago the europeans did it

by 2011 barely anyone died in iraq
>>
File: 20150955e9c1c5dfd7b.jpg (68 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
20150955e9c1c5dfd7b.jpg
68 KB, 800x600
>>55651733
>yfw he was right
>>
>>55653934
hes the reason iraq is fucked up today actually
>>
>>55651953
>yfw it's been exporting itself to Europe, America, India, and Buddhist Southeast Asia since 1993 so he was literally 20 years late with that observation?
>>
>>55654104
nah
>>
File: gadaffi.jpg (25 KB, 298x344) Image search: [Google]
gadaffi.jpg
25 KB, 298x344
>>55652113
Qadaffi and Assad were right too.
>>
>YFW HE WAS RIGHT
>>
>>55653719
What's it like being 13?
>>
>>55652688
>We also were the stabilizing power people whine about us destroying.

What the fuck
>>
>>55652688
i love how all the responses to this conveniently just ignore that they got BTFO and continue with 2006-tier tropes
>>
>>55652688
Did you even read the original NYT story? They found old, corroding U.S.-supplied weapons from the 80s that were intended for the Iranians.
>>
File: osama-bin-404_683574c.jpg (25 KB, 404x258) Image search: [Google]
osama-bin-404_683574c.jpg
25 KB, 404x258
>>55651733
>yfw he created this monster
>yfw he was at the helm with actionable intelligence on 9/11 and failed to keep us safe
>yfw he kicked the hornets nest
>>
>>55654104
The American public was sick of Iraq by 2011 and ISIS was still flying under the radar at the time.
>>
File: tony abbott rare pic.jpg (105 KB, 736x672) Image search: [Google]
tony abbott rare pic.jpg
105 KB, 736x672
>yfw he was right
>>
>set out clearly multiple times before intervention that 'we have no interest in regime change in Iraq'
>do exactly that
>democracy has brought the country no prosperity whatsoever
>oil and other interests a bit more secure
>people years later revise history and justify your actions

What an intelligent chap.

Honestly though, stabilisation issues/regional conflicts/regime changes mean nothing in the grand scheme of things for the Middle East.

US foreign policy since Roosevelt has funded and propped up Saudi Arabia as they've spent half a century exporting their cancerous extremism throughout the Arab world. And it's not just the US, the UK spent decades courting Saudi business, and still to this day have them as their most valuable arms trade customer.

Anything other than addressing Saudi Arabia in the Middle East is totally meaningless and futile if you want to make real lasting change.
>>
>tfw want America to do new Rome and conquer the savages
>scared I'll be left behind
>also scared it won't even be America
>>
>>55651733
>tfw more people voted for Al Gore
>tfw he started everything
>tfw he passed the patriot act
>tfw he started mass surveillance
>tfw he started the use of private military contractors
>tfw if he didn't start it all and obama had obama would be impeached by now
>>
>>55655730
dont forget disbanding their military which was a clusterfuck of epic proportions
>>
>>55655826
I'm tired
>>
>>55651733
BUSH DID NOTHING WRONG YOU FAGGOT PUSSIES.
>>
>>55655535
>yfw he created this monster
pulling out of iraq made it vulnerable to ISIS
>yfw he was at the helm with actionable intelligence on 9/11 and failed to keep us safe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBtPAaRLnik
>yfw he kicked the hornets nest
he exterminated the hornets in the nest

>>55655711
Barely anyone was dying in 2011 the only people who were made were hippies from the 60's and edgy high school wannabe hippies like i was. Sometimes you gotta let the generals run the war instead of politicians.
>>
>>55651733
except invading iraq, that was a monumental fuckup.
>>
>>55651733
>he was right
>>55656018
>>
>>55656281
We were the stabilizing force in Iraq till 2011 when we pulled out. We took Saddam's place.
>>
>>55653393
Domino effect of countries trading oil in other currencies
>>
>>55651733

>implying HE was ever allowed to make an actual decision.
>>
>>55656052
>Sometimes you gotta let the generals run the war

And yet a record number of generals broke tradition and opposed the Iraq war publicly.
>>
>>55655826
>tfw popular vote doesn't matter in US elections
>tfw Osama and Al Qaeda started everything
>tfw the congress and senate passed the patriot act
>tfw mass surveillance has kept Americans safe since 9/11 and obama still uses it
>tfw private military contractors fought beside me in war and I was glad they were there
>tfw liberals voted for the wars and cried about impeachment for years and nothing happened
>>
>>55656370
We went to war because of the influence of PNAC and AIPAC jewish neocons. That is all.
>>
>>55651733
he helped us but inadvertently fucked over europe and escalated warfare to an irreversible state
>>
>>55655877

Iraq is just such a totally depressing study of abject failure from start to fuck I can't even say finish because it still has no end.

It seriously upsets and unnerves me that the government of my country at the time made such decisions. What the UK did particularly in regions like Helmand just disgust me at the sheer incompetence, ignorance and waste of human life.

I really doubt there'll ever be a point in my life where I'll look at events I was around for and feel such despair and shame for actions that were such a miserable and complete failure.
>>
>>55656361
saddam was a permanent stabilizing force. when america invades a country, we should either completely conquer it and turn it into an american territory, or we should not invade at all. no in between shit. bush was a pussyfooter.
>>
>>55656578
Because the only smart one they threw in jail.
>>
>>55656777
You are aware of the costs of occupying another country indefinitely?
>>
>>55656777
this

None of that in between shit.

Total fucking warfare. Conquer that shit and make it your new territory.

Too bad Americans never learned how to properly wage ward. They only now how to start wars, not how to finish them.
>>
>>55651733
Wow, no. I can't really blame him that much though since fucking over the middle east has been on the US agenda for awhile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7NsXFnzJGw
>>
>>55657225
less then indefinite off again on again foreign wars that never end
>>
>>55655723
Stop the boats
May his slogan live on forever
>>
>>55656743

Fug I'm retarded and it's late, I started talking about Afghanistan instead of Iraq.

Both still massive blunders and pointlesa messes, though.

>>55657437

You realise that total occupation would never work now, right? World powers can often barely manage keeping a puppet regime installed.

Asymmetric warfare. It's why superpowers lose wars (or at the very least are forced to give up).

The US and the USSR were the two top military and political powers in the world and have both proven that it's simply not possible to totally pacify and occupy another country (particularly if the balance of power is so skewed). Fuck, you could even say the Boers proved it.

Political consciousness + mass media = only limited wars will work (for world powers, shitholes need not apply).
>>
>>55651733
stop fukken playing Op. this bastard kill me father. we should have invade the Saudi or isreal not Iraq
>>
File: 1446883435600.gif (227 KB, 466x322) Image search: [Google]
1446883435600.gif
227 KB, 466x322
>>
>>55653934
>denied ISIS was a big problem 12 hours before the Paris attacks
>right
>>
>>55651733
>he was right

About all sorts of things.

"This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty and potential mental losses."
>>
>>55651733
http://qz.com/549211/two-months-before-911-the-bush-administration-was-told-the-attacks-will-be-spectacular/

Bush Jr's entire legacy begins with "failing to anticipate 9/11" and ends with "utterly fucking up the Middle East for decades."

He may not have masterminded the whole thing, but he still went along with what his daddy's buddies Cheney and Rumsfeld told him to do.

He is the worst president in at least two generations.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.