[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you feel it Mr. Krabs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7
Can you feel it Mr. Krabs?
>>
Does the Tzar Bomba even exist or was it just more Russian bullshitting?
I love you Russia but you make more bullshit than all the cows in the world. I'm fully aware of the US being bullshit artists as well but they hold no candle to the amount of bullshit Russia can produce.

You guys just straight up lie constantly and don't give a fuck if it's obvious. Seriously the dead hand system you expect people to believe that bullshit?
>>
>>55645275
... They clearly exist and they're not used for a fucking reason. Mostly because you'd need to be fine with completely ruining any land for hundreds of years from radiation alone.
>>
>>55645275
They exist.
>>
File: Nukecloud.png (129 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Nukecloud.png
129 KB, 800x600
>>
>>55645628
>Mostly because you'd need to be fine with completely ruining any land for hundreds of years from radiation alone.
God I hate it when people who have no idea about nuclear weapons talk about them.
>>
>>55645628
>>55645628
Hydrogen bombs use a fusion reaction for power which is clear and leaves no radiation, just helium. Tzar bomba was a fusion bomb so the only radiation will be trace amounts from the fission primer to get the fusion process started
>>
>>55645275

Russia had a problem with their guidance systems on their missiles so accuracy was a huge problem. They off set that by building stronger explosions. The tzar bomb was only tested once I think ans the shock wave went around the world three times. So yes, these things existed.

https://youtu.be/aMYYEsKvHvk?t=107
>>
>>55645022
like those starship troopers nukes?
>>
>>55645022
It's too large to effectively use.
>>
>>55645838
5,920 miles squared moderate thermal radiation fallout/43.4 mile radiation

"... expected to decay after a estimation of 34 years into a life sustaining climate once again"

Yeah you sure do know your shit.
>>
>>55645275
They set off a nerfed version of the Tsar bomba and it blew out windows in Finland thousands of miles away
>>
File: Tsar.webm (1 MB, 914x690) Image search: [Google]
Tsar.webm
1 MB, 914x690
>>55645275
Yes, it was real.
>>
File: B61-11_WhitemanTransport1.jpg (21 KB, 420x280) Image search: [Google]
B61-11_WhitemanTransport1.jpg
21 KB, 420x280
WW3 is going to involve mostly these small 1 kt yield tactical nukes

just about zero fallout from them
>>
>>55646281
It was until drones became commonplace...
>>
>>55645275
The Tzar Bomba was actually large enough to ignite the atmosphere. It was a concern that was present during the Manhattan project when developing the first bomb, but scientists dismissed the concern because the bombs were far too small to set the atmosphere on fire.

And then the Russians went and designed a bomb that could actually do it, and when they realized this, they reduced it from 100 megatons to 50 megatons.
>>
>>55645275
>Does the Tzar Bomba even exist or was it just more Russian bullshitting?
They built a half powered version of it and tested it perfectly fine, the fallout of the full version was way too much for any soviet test site
Theoretically the full 100 MT version would work
>>
>>55645275
The Tsar not only existed, and tested, but was actually nerfed significantly.

The original three-stage design is supposed to yield 100 megatons, twice the yield as the one detonated, but because of fears of the potential implications of detonating something so mind numbingly powerful, they removed the third stage.

Russia's "Status-6" Torpedo, if it's actually been built, is said to be the fully realized 100MT design, with the intent to displace enough water to create a tsunami.
>>
>>55646837
I was reading that if they actually set that thing off people in bunkers wouldn't even survive
>>
>>55646281
>It's too large to effectively use.

Uuuuh... too large? It is like you don't understand the point of nuclear weapons. They didn't make them to be firecrackers, sir.
>>
>>55647315
I think he meant that when they first made it the only method of deployment was my airplane, but the play would not be fast enough to escape the blast radius, now we have intecontental missles and drones so thats not the case anymore
>>
>>55647833
I'm not sure they can fit it on any of their military rockets. A drone to carry it would also be fairly large for a drone, increasing the likelihood of it getting shot down, which was one of the primary reasons they never went ahead with a Tsar Bomba program. They weren't so much concerned about losing the flight crew as they were about the slow bomber being shot down before it got near it's target.
>>
>>55647833
sometimes I wonder if people spell so horribly because the government is trying to dumb us down, because it never used to be this bad 4-5 years ago. Now everyone's spelling is complete shit.
>>
File: 1396581873619.png (63 KB, 264x200) Image search: [Google]
1396581873619.png
63 KB, 264x200
>>55647315
Pretty sure he means the size becomes an impracticality. The Tsar was deemed too cumbersome for any sort of missile, even ICBMs (at the time) and was almost too heavy to be carried by plane, and even then the pilots had to be notified that never returning alive was a likely possibility, since to nullify as many variables as possible, it was to be detonated around 4 km above the surface...

The initial fireball in >>55646837
is 5 km wide and only didn't touch because it bounced off it's own shockwave.

>>55646986
At least bunkers close enough to witness the blast. The Tsar was able to destroy a wooden village 55km away. Give third degree burns to uncovered flesh up to 100km away. It broke windows up to 900 km away, and it's shockwave continued on and circled the earth a total 3 times.

It's hard to imagine something twice as powerful...
>>
Do modern missile defense systems even cover a decent portion of the world? Is there even a way to stop nuclear strikes from submarines?
>>
>>55648813
Sorry, typo. The fireball wasn't five kilometers wide.

It was five miles wide, or 8 kilometers.
>>
>>55648928
Think about it this way, the US with the most capable missile defense system, in their last test of missile defense failed 7/10 times. We have that system all over the USA. As far as I know we only have early detection systems in other countries and depend on said countries' missile defense for an early shot in at defense.
>>
>>55646837
>with the intent to displace enough water to create a tsunami.

Shit nigga, you could cause a good-sized tsunami with something a lot smaller, ~8MT would do the trick nicely. Just detonate it deep and where the underwater terrain would encourage the torqued water to move in a given direction, like on the side of an underwater mountain.

Thanks to the near-incompressibility of water, a comparatively small, deep fast directional displacement ends up being a whole fuckton of water when it reaches a shoreline.
>>
>>55646610
Stfu you moron. Ignoring the atmosphere was never a real consideration. Tsar bomb was never used because of accuracy and cost. Better to hit a city with three cheaper small bombs than one big one. Does more damage that way too.

Fucks sake, someone pick up a book and not listen to internet rumours.
>>
Are you ready for the kicker OP?

The Tsar Bomba listed here and the one that was dropped was only 50 MT.

The PLANNED Tsar Bomba was going to be 100 MT but they didn't go through because of the radioactive waste it would leave.

They were able to make a 100 MT bomb back in the NINETEEN SIXTIES.

>Tsar Bomba, 100 MT.
>Large enough to wipe out a medium sized American state and multiple small states like the East Coast.
>Fifty years ago.

Remember kids, the power to destroy multiple states or one large state was harnessed FIFTY YEARS ago. It's been FIFTY YEARS of research on Nuclear power and a nation probably has a MUCH more powerful bomb in hand.

If we have a Nuclear War, it WILL be the end of us. It won't take much either. Hell, it wouldn't take many concept Tsar Bombas to take out the world, and that was a fifty year old bomb.
>>
>>55650095
>and a nation probably has a MUCH more powerful bomb in hand.
They don't They definitely could build one, but there's no reason to believe anything more destructive than the Tsar was created.
>>
File: easy nuke.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
easy nuke.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>55649313
We're talking something with the intent of destroying the entire US east coast, US West coast and most of Japan/Indonesia/Pacific Islands, or any other coastal civilization in a single strike. (considering that most of that area, including areas such as Boston, NYC, Philadelphia, and Miami are surprisingly NOT counted as a nuclear first-strike priority, according to a well-trusted source from /k/)

Instantly displacing 8 cubic miles of water and irradiating aquatic food sources for miles (as the blueprints for that torpedo claim it can) isn't a pretty picture indeed.

>>55650095
From what I've researched, nuclear war may not be as end-all destruction as many think. Most of the nukes would come in pairs or groups of three, aimed mainly at silos, communication centers, and all other sites that could carry and/or launch a return strike before they're able to mobilize.

Fortunately for the US, we keep most of that crap in the middle of Wyoming and Montana... And in the middle of San Francisco, Chicago, and Washington DC. Meanwhile Russia keeps it all in Moscow. So, nothing of value really lost, eh?
>>
>>55646837
wow, don't fuck with russia
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.