[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did academia, college campuses, the mainstream media, tumblr,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: 1421786809382.jpg (20 KB, 392x243) Image search: [Google]
1421786809382.jpg
20 KB, 392x243
How did academia, college campuses, the mainstream media, tumblr, reddit, and most young people all come to be so liberal and progressive?
>>
>>55630811
Jews control the politicans and the media. Politicians control the academia.
>>
>>55630811
ww2
>>
>>55630811
Because high school and college

duh
>>
>>55630811
Conservatives went to get real jobs.

Liberals stayed in college because they couldn't figure out the real world.
>>
>>55630811

you will get a bunch of dumb answers but the honest answer for a vast majority is they want to pick the "nice and happy half glass half full" outlook on even very complex social and geopolitical problems while thinking they are above pragmatism because if you wish really hard everyone will get along
>>
>>55632815
this.
>>
>>55630811
ussr

tbqh
>>
>>55632815
How does that answer why most intelligentsia, all of college campuses in general, and the whole of mainstream media are all leftist?
>>
I don't think people are as leftist as they seem. I think the leftists are just very loud, making it seem like they represent more people than they actually do.
>>
>>55630811
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Sxttk5REkM
>>
File: invisijew.png (18 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
invisijew.png
18 KB, 501x585
who knows, burgerlurker?
>>
>>55632815

This. This is also why libertarianism is popular in young people, because it can really only work if people don't try to exploit and dick each other over 24/7. It's a very positive outlook on humanity.
>>
>>55633672
Mainstream media is pro-business
You can be fiscally conservative or socially liberal, either way - allowing immigrants (to work for low prices) is something you can agree on
College campuses have always been focal points for social movements, young people want to get involved and be the 'force for good'
Even then it's not all colleges, most students are focused on getting good grades and getting laid
>>
The hippies grew up, gained positions in academia.
This in turn, did this >>55633842
>>
>>55633842
Thanks for this informative YouTube™ video!
>>
>>55633672

Cultural relativism would be the biggest culprit which became prominent after World War II. With the younger people you will have them latch onto 101 concepts from their social science courses and being overzealous in beliefs that they themselves don't even fully understood (like the year 1 Gender Studies major who becomes a zealot against the patriarchy but tones it down when they get older).

I really hate using the terms "leftist" because you are putting the entire breadth of all social sciences into two distinct camps. I wouldn't say its as much leftism as choosing idealism over pragmatism. Academics, who spend most of their life specializing in one niche subject, are going to be more idealistic in their approach.
>>
>>55630811
>liberal and progressive?

I know Liberal is a party, but what is Liberalism? I dont really care/ Englighten me on the pros and cons of this political ideology.
>>
>>55630811
the jews. they're dumber, make the country weaker, and are easier to control
>>
>>55630811
Because they forgot the price of freedom.
>>
>>55634740
Spoken like a true chode.
>>
>>55630811
Russian and Jewish infiltration.

Im sure China has a hand in it now too.
>>
>>55630811

Forced participation in public education.
>>
Critical thinking.
>>
>>55630811
Because being conservative usually means you're primitive and dumb.
>>
>>55630811

Liberal logic at it's finest

>Wants the world to become a hugbox
>invites muslims in their countries

>Wants progress
>ditto
>>
Communist subversion going back to the Cold War and most likely before.
>>
>>55636430
This is the conspiracy theory and I want to believe that it is true, but is there evidence for it?
>>
File: Weyland_Corporation_Logo.jpg (51 KB, 463x188) Image search: [Google]
Weyland_Corporation_Logo.jpg
51 KB, 463x188
>>55636197
>Because being conservative usually means you're primitive and dumb.

Thats here. The leftists managed to associate conservatives/right wing with everything that is bad in our world. From primitive to nazis or dumb people. The leftists were smart in the fight for power, they don't even need an argument to win, they already have the advantage of the buzzwords.
>>
>>55636830
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3qkf3bajd4
>>
Kikes, basically.
Read Culture of Critique by Kevin MacDonald.
>>
>>55637190
Well yes, everyone knows about this 1 guy. But is there anything to corroborate what he has said?
>>
>>55637390
Lmfao dude, I'm drunk now and lost my senses. If I buy this fucking book will I be on a government watch list and labeled as a racist for life?
>>
>>55630811
You could say it happened
Progressively
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.