[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
CODE Documentary: Debugging the gender gap!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: WYMYN_STRONK.jpg (35 KB, 652x367) Image search: [Google]
WYMYN_STRONK.jpg
35 KB, 652x367
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKEpVN1HXEA

>CODE documentary exposes the dearth of American female and minority software engineers and explores the reasons for this gender gap. CODE raises the question: what would society gain from having more women and minorities code?
>>
>>55575359
Sigh cunts don't want to code, nothing to "expose" about it.

I am sick and fucking tired of this notion that women or precious minorities bring something different unique and magical to the table that no one else can.
>>
>>55575359
>what would society gain from having more women and minorities code?

>gain
>>
>>55575359
Does that cunt even existing go against the narrative the women in tech have always been oppressed and kept out?
>>
>>55575492

Because "math is haaarrrdd!!1"
>>
File: Margaret_Hamilton.gif (262 KB, 566x719) Image search: [Google]
Margaret_Hamilton.gif
262 KB, 566x719
>>55575359
>debugging the gender gap
>>
File: 1441573953887.jpg (75 KB, 816x816) Image search: [Google]
1441573953887.jpg
75 KB, 816x816
>>55575555

Quads of truth!
>>
>>55575552

How about "what would society gain from having more women mine coal?"
>>
>>55575359
absolutly nothinfg at all.
>>
>>55575359
>what would society gain from having more women and minorities code
More shit quality code i guess?
>>
File: triggered-1439813363249.gif (133 KB, 311x366) Image search: [Google]
triggered-1439813363249.gif
133 KB, 311x366
>>55575359
Who is going to fix the gender gap in construction and sanitation jobs?
>>
>>55575359
isn't that woman some sort of fleet admiral with a battleship named after her? I really have a hard time she would agree with such sjw bullshit desu senpai
>>
>>55575842
grace hopper, the creator of the first compiler

she's rare in that she's competent and not an attention whore; she made it to rear admiral and has a destroyer(?) named after her.

in short, she's actually a rolemodel.
>>
>>55575359
Absolutely nothing, unless they acknowledge that not everyone's equal (in which case it wouldn't make a difference); and if they acknowledge inhererent differences, they will have to make a case for women being better, which makes them female (or "minority") supremacists. The old dilemma of the feminist movement.
>>
>serveral minutes spend on ads
Into the trash it goes.
>>
>>55575956
>in short, she's actually a rolemodel.

Which is why most women and feminists know nothing about her.
>>
>>55575359
>how would society benefit by having coders... who have vaginas
>>>/trash/
>>
>>55575359
Why cant the accept the fact that they cant roll with the big boys? They can better help the tech industry by either getting out of the way or getting gud.

The same reason women dont fit into hard labor is the same reason they dont fit into high tech.
>>
Jesus christ, real minorities make up like 5% of the workforce in IT (blacks/hispanics). The field is literally overrun with Asian and Indian, maybe they should complain about that instead
>>
>>55577057

>females
>born without physical strength
>born with lower IQs

They are so oppressed by nature the poor things!
>>
>>55577228

They don't know what the word "minority" means. It's newspeak.

Doesn't matter if there isn't a single white man in the field, it needs more "minorities".
>>
>>55575359
An exodus of male coders.Having even one single woman in a team or mailing list is a fucking nightmare.
>>
>>55577692

Females are truly so obnoxious.
>>
>>55575956
>competent
Don't forget this is the woman who gave the world COBOL
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.