[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is there American involvement in Syria again /pol/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I was under the impression US intervention in Syria was justified solely based on crimes against humanity conducted by the Assad regime. I understand it's turned into a proxy war, but I don't understand the desperation to overthrow Assad. Time after time, we've witnessed chaos in these regions from the power vacuums created by toppled regimes. Are we destroying another solely to cripple Russia for geopolitical reasons?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTcTIbWwXkI

Surely the US knows it's CIA backed factions alone have no chance to overthrow Russian/FSA/Iranian forces, but they are headstrong and don't seem to be willing for any compromise in the region. The general tone when speaking about Syria is Assad will be finished, one way or the other. I understand meeting Russian aggression in Syria but there are other ways to go about this (the formation of an alliance to destroy ISIL) that could possibly lead to better relations, but this wouldn't lead to a regime change so it's ignored. None of the nations involved are really there to actively combat ISIL. Why is the US so set on overthrowing Assad? Why has Syria become the crucial foothold in the Middle East?
>>
Also
>no tin-foil tier answers
>no jew shit unless it's reasonable
>>
>>55571486

this man is truely retarded.

how about USA's actions in Iraq and Syria not causing ISIS to grow?
>>
>>55571936
>this man is truely retarded.
>how about USA's actions in Iraq and Syria not causing ISIS to grow?

It's not about ISIS. The focus is on FSA/rebel groups. It's America vs. Russia with ISIS in the backdrop as an excuse for both countries to be there.
>>
File: Come on over.jpg (20 KB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
Come on over.jpg
20 KB, 350x263
Too many SJW threads?
>>
From what I understand, it is one of the few countries that doesn't have centralized banks, and the war is a pretext for installing them. That's pretty tinfoil, though.
>>
>>55571486
>US intervention in Syria was justified solely based on crimes against humanity conducted by the Assad regime
It's also personal since Assad has American blood on his hands, counter-terror since his inept government is fueling global terrorism as much as IS, geopolitical since no one in the world (except maybe anarchists like Iran and Russia) wants to see the Levant divided into a bunch of ethnic and sectarian cleansing cleansing "-stans," domestic security concerned due to refugees costing state more than making states and bringing their war with them, and human security minded because war crimes beget more war crimes.

>A proxy war, overthrow assad, power vacuums
That's a Russian active measure to justify their unilateral aggression and support for the warlord Assad. The focus of the US efforts is strictly anti-IS and counter terror. The US wants to see a strong united Syria with a strong national army. Russia wants a small coastal government they can control with debt, Iran wants a strong IS that they can use control with militias Iran and Iraq with militias.

>Cripple Russia
They're doing that to themselves. Even before the terrorism blowback they have been hemorrhaging money from their surpluses at a rate of about 1/3 of principle a year. Since the country has junk credit, at the current rate they will be in an all out economic depression in a matter of months rather than years. I would expect China would bail them out, but there's costs inherent in that too. Likewise, Germany and the EU would as well. All other things equal they are inevitably headed for a modern 'time of troubles'
>>
>>55575531
Thanks for the answers
>>
File: 440px-Atticusfinch.jpg (100 KB, 440x600) Image search: [Google]
440px-Atticusfinch.jpg
100 KB, 440x600
>>55571486
>CIA backed factions alone have no chance to overthrow Russian/FSA/Iranian forces
I would wager the US knows this. Any idiot knows this.
>[the axis of peanuts] don't seem to be willing for any compromise in the region.
and this is compounding their losses. a few brutal terrorists are always outmatched by global coalitions.
>the tone
I don't let your's get to me. You shouldn't let the US's. Only illegitimate regimes can't handle public criticism. When you conseeded that the axis of peanuts crimes against humanity were a matter of fact, but that it didn't matter I knew you would be a trashbag. What matters isn't rubbing your head in your own shit, it's showing the cyber public how wrong you are.

>formation of an alliance to destroy ISIL
The world already has one. It cut their territory in two today as a matter of fact.

>none of the nations there are really there to destroy IS
This is another Russian active measure that ironically projects their perverse tactics.
>>
>>55571486

>Questioning Authority
>In <current year>

Bad Goy.
>>
>>55576348
>>the tone
>I don't let your's get to me. You shouldn't let the US's. Only illegitimate regimes can't handle public criticism. When you conseeded that the axis of peanuts crimes against humanity were a matter of fact, but that it didn't matter I knew you would be a trashbag. What matters isn't rubbing your head in your own shit, it's showing the cyber public how wrong you are.

I was referring to the unwavering NATO determination to remove Assad. You agree CIA backed factions have 0 legitimate chance. Once ISIS is beat into submission there'll be no one left to threaten the SAA which leads me to believe there would be an escalated western military presence.
>>
>>55576792
>NATO determination to remove Assad
1. It's not just NATO
2. "determination" does not equate to a declaration of war or proxy war, much less justify Russia's invasion of Syria.
>You agree CIA backed factions have 0 legitimate chance
They have no chance to do it alone. they're not alone, by the way. Assad has been losing his war since he started it.
>IS defeat will necessarily lead to SAA victory so then the US/West must necessarily invade
1. Assad has fueled IS by releasing them from his prisons, giveing them electricity, buying their gas, etc. He net benefits from IS since the territory they are invading is exclusively Sunni.
2. The SSA is a worthless force and couldn't fight its way out of a wet paper bag, much less take and hold territory from rebels no longer fighting on 2 fronts.
3. The only factions currently beating IS into submission are the US coalition (especially the Kurds). Russia is putting 90% of its bombs on rebel groups.
4. Conventional wisdom is that there will have to be an escalated western military presence to fully beat IS, but Assad and his friends shouldn't flatter themselves. He has lost his war 2 times already. He will be crushed under demographics alone.
>>
there must be some delicious oil nearby.
>>
>>55577525
cool, thanks for clearing that up
I need to start visiting the Syrian threads again obviously
>>
>>55578004
Don't bother; they're garbage. It's terrorist fantasy football for them. If you want to understand go read a book.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.