[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>first there was nothing >then that nothing exploded for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 12
File: atheist.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
atheist.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>first there was nothing
>then that nothing exploded for literally no reason and the entire universe was formed

This is what atheists actually believe.
>>
>>55570665
No it's not, but I guess it'll be too complicated for a religious person to understand :^)
>>
>>55570665

>Hungary
>this post

Disappointed tbqh family.
>>
>>55570665
>first there was a magic man
>then the magic man cast a magic spell and created everything
>It took 7 days though because reasons
>oh and the supreme wizard of the universe goes by earth days. which are specifically measured by our rocks orbit around a firey rock

this is what christfags actually believe.

also, alot of atheists dont believe in the big bang. Its just a theory.
>>
>>55570665
>first there was nothing.
>DEN DER WAS JEBUS and A SKY DADDY with SUPER MAGIC!

Religious liberal retards will defend this.
This is what they believe.
>>
>>55570665
>I'm going to regurgitate the same shit I always have despite knowing nothing about the big bang theory let alone what it ACTUALLY says
>but don't be alarmed, even though I have absolutely no evidence that my other explanation is true, I'm sure some mystical being just popped it all into reality
>>
>>55570884
religion people are liberals? Didn't know that
>>
File: bible.jpg (974 KB, 2222x2212) Image search: [Google]
bible.jpg
974 KB, 2222x2212
pic related
the best argument against Christianity
>>
File: 1444484354954.jpg (137 KB, 764x764) Image search: [Google]
1444484354954.jpg
137 KB, 764x764
>>55570752
Enjoy being executed for apostasy raheem
>>
File: Girls.png (477 KB, 560x500) Image search: [Google]
Girls.png
477 KB, 560x500
>>55570833
>the big bang. Its just a theory.
america, please don't be a retard and check the definition of Scientific theory
>>
>>55570665

>first there was nothing

Doesn't nothing have to be something?
>>
File: Atleastyoutried.jpg (68 KB, 770x728) Image search: [Google]
Atleastyoutried.jpg
68 KB, 770x728
>>55570833
>days measured by movment around sun
>Sun is firey rock
>>
If you remove everything from space all you are left with is nothing.

Nothing exists, you came from it and its all you will know after you die.

I know its kind of scary and all but it'll be OK. :)
>>
>>55571099
dogs cute af
>>
>>55571091
*tips allah hat*
>>
>>55571171

Says who?
>>
>>55571377

If nothing is identified as nothing isn't it something?
>>
File: 1445474080349.jpg (21 KB, 334x393) Image search: [Google]
1445474080349.jpg
21 KB, 334x393
>>55570665
>I [heart] BBC

Yeah I bet he does
>>
>>55570665
Actually, you are not allowed to say
>first it was nothing and then nothing exploded
as space-time started with the beginning of the universe. Therefore there is no before the universe and there is nothing outside the universe.

An interesting video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKtevjrZOGs

inb4 atheist newfag
inb4 religious newfag
>>
>>55571480
Beautiful british kek?
>>
>>55570665
That's what christians believe too. It's called the big bang theory.

Except most christians think God did it.

most atheists don't claim to know why it happened.
>>
Its very simple.

Humans cant conceive not existing.

So there must be something that made us exist according to humans that didn't know any better.

Its fine though, it means a lot of people don't die scared.
>>
>>55570884
There was never nothing. God was and will always be here.
>>
>>55571706
In the same sense there was never no universe according to the big bang theory.
>>
>>55570665
>"I love BBC"

That doesn't mean what I think it means, does it?
>>
>>55570665
>first there was nothing
According to the Big Bang Theory, this is wrong.
>then that nothing exploded for literally no reason and the entire universe was formed
This is also wrong according to the theory.

I always find it fascinating how the person who initially proposed the theory was a Catholic Priest going up against a bunch of Atheists who were all for Steady-State Theory at the time. But now it's basically reversed since the evidence for Big Bang is much much stronger and the latter is discredited. The world is weird.
>>
>>55571250
Fuck off. I know days are measured by the earths rotation in relation to the sun, and that the sun is not a solid rock.

im meming here.
>>
File: 2015-10-02-11-19-07.jpg (36 KB, 539x157) Image search: [Google]
2015-10-02-11-19-07.jpg
36 KB, 539x157
All the atheist butthurt
>>
File: 1447208744567.jpg (641 KB, 2321x1327) Image search: [Google]
1447208744567.jpg
641 KB, 2321x1327
>>55570665

Strawman. GTFO with your fallacy.

>we can see back 13.8 billion years
>the earliest observable state of the universe has a large amount of energy in a very small space
>space expands due to inflaton fields, causing energy to be distributed over more space.
>Inflaton fields collapse into matter, space continues expanding carrying matter and energy with it.
>No idea what happened before 13.8 billions years ago

There's a billion issues with modern science, but the big bang isn't one of them.

If you want to attack science, point out problems with observation, limitation of human senses, very small scope of data points over space and time, etc.
>>
>>55572207
Did the priest come up with the theory because he was catholic or despite being catholic?
>>
>>55572658
I'm not sure to be honest, but I thought it was relevant because I'm pretty sure he received a lot of criticism at the time because the atheists suspected he was pushing religion into science. Of course, regardless of if he believed because of or despite, his work and the mechanics around cosmic inflation ultimately provided very strong evidence for the theory, which is why it is the most widely accepted and accurate theory of the day due to the predictions it has made and the evidence that later validated those predictions. Despite there being a lot of atheists in science, evidence always talks in the end for them.
>>
>>55570759
This cocksucker is just baiting.
>>
>>55572658
science typically has nothing to do with religious beliefs. Though many would argue religious scientists tend to have their scientific progress hampered due to their religious crux's.

Newton for example, in his theory of gravity, claimed that according to his equations the planets would pull each other out of orbit and eventually be flung out of the solar system in relatively short time. And the only reason this has not happened yet was because he proposed they were kept in line by "the hand of God".

If he had pursued this further, he would have found out that it was actually provable that the planets would maintain stable orbits using nothing but his own equations. Instead he just said "God musta dun it" and left it.

So with that example, you might be able to argue that the priest came up with the theory in spite of the fact that he was catholic.
>>
>>55572644
I place a pen on the table. The pen was not placed there by itself nor did it spontaneously come onto the table from nowhere nor did the pen came to be one with the table without an observer, a mind, and a force placing the pen on the table.
>>
>>55570665
Whats the story behind Webm? I sincerely feel bad for that guy. He looks like a lost puppy.
>>
>>55572875
And just in case you didn't know, Steady-State was the idea that the universe has no beginning, that it always was. Which was appealing to an atheist mindset at the time because it suggested that no creation was needed.

Big Bang almost seems to suggest a creator if you look at it a certain way or to validate your own beliefs (I know a lot of Christians will do this with evolution too as the mechanism in which god works), however there's no real evidence for that since Big Bang does not make any conclusions or statements about the state of the universe before inflation since that's not what it's about, only what happened during and relatively immediately after.

There's ideas about the "singularity" so to say or what caused the universe to change as it did with the Big Bang, but not much more than ideas on paper and lots of math. We may never know unless we achieve much higher levels of understanding of physics. We know very little despite all we do know.
>>
>>55570665
can we focus more on that guy's hat ?
>>
>>55570752
You do not believe anything substantially different from what was proposed. All you can say with any intellectual integrity is "I don't know".

That's fine for you.

Some of us prefer knowing.
>>
>>55571122
Checked.

Still less than scientific law, which is still open for debate.
>>
>>55573248
I went to college with that guy.

I can't remember his name though.
>>
>>55571091

It's the only holy book on the planet, and explains why Christianity is the only way to heaven, bypassing hell altogether.

inb4 places you don't believe exist are somehow magically non-existent.
>>
>>55573368
Everything is open to debate. Even laws. It's a matter of the amount of evidence and justification there is for believing in a given theory, law or whatever.

Dogmas don't exist in science.
>>
>>55573368
>implying laws are greater than theory
Laws are basically just mathematical and scientific descriptions. They describe them. Theories are models to make predictions, which will also include laws. They're explanations. They're two different things with different purposes. Theories don't magically become laws and shit.
>>
>>55573593
*they describe something
>>
>>55570665
I'm sorry but "first there was nothing"? How do you imagine an existence if the existence is that of "nothing".
That is not at all what we've learned from the evidence, so anyone saying that is just splurting the same kind of double-barrel-drivel-bullshit that the christfags, mudslimes and jewbiewoops have been blabbering since they learned how to make mouthnoises.
>>
>>55571019
Self evident.

>>55571706
Source
>>
>>55570665
Define "nothing" and explain why you think it was ever the state of affairs.
>>
File: 1446476055361.jpg (34 KB, 456x192) Image search: [Google]
1446476055361.jpg
34 KB, 456x192
Something can exist out of nothing, though
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_fluctuation
>>
>>55570665

still more realistic than 99.9% of the things in the bible
>>
Spiritism is the only rational religion.
>>
why did there have be nothing for a bit
what if there was always a universe
>>
>>55570665
I believe that both theories are wrong, and it's something humankind cannot comprehend and will never comprehend.
>>
>>55574148
>what if there was always a universe

Yeahh,, no.
The smart people working with this shit tells us that this is not the case. That our universe did come into existence.
>>
>>55570833
American education never ceases to amaze
>>
>>55573143
You heard it hear first, folks. Pens and tables are exactly like the universe. The movement of a pen is exactly like the spawn of the known universe.
>>
>>55570665
the big bang theory apparently no longer involves an explosion, just rapid expansion
>>
>>55570752

it may be a bit of an oversimplified caricature, but it is EXACTLY what atheists believe.
>>
>>55574884
There never was an explosion.
It's just words used to make it all more easily understandable.
>>
>>55574148
There was always a "something". And this something is always changing, even in forms we still can't comprehend, and maybe we never do. Forms that appear to be just "nothing".

Nothingness is a theorical concept.
>>
File: 2 slices of pizza.jpg (3 KB, 135x90) Image search: [Google]
2 slices of pizza.jpg
3 KB, 135x90
>See OP
>This can't be real because my IQ is shit
>Due to that shit IQ I can't even begin to comprehend what other people think or believe outside my own stupidity

Blackholes appear out of nowhere and start sucking up shit for no fucking reason.

>That time that 1 random black hole spit shit out

This is why OPs country easily gets invaded by "refugees".
>>
>>55574701
>religious people think it came into existence from a complex being capable of designing a universe (although there is also no evidence for this hypothesis) and consider this a solution to the question of how something can come from an unknown.
>>
>first I got on the internet
>then I posted on the internet that same thing I post everyday for literally no reason
>>
>>55570665
>Democracy in action
>I <3 BBC
>ponies
Jesus Christ
>>
File: 1446640687980.png (247 KB, 599x476) Image search: [Google]
1446640687980.png
247 KB, 599x476
Are atheists white?
>>
>>55570665
>but muh Christians are intellectually inferior
>but muh atheism is for the superior

Atheism is for niggers and gooks
>>
>>55570665
The big bang theory is the most logical theory atm.
It could of course be the eternal skydaddy of the bible, but it is more likely that the eternal skyjew did it.
>>
>>55574701
>That our universe did come into existence.
Who told you that? That's exactly not what the big bang theory suggests. It suggests time itself started at the big bang.
>>
>>55575059

according to the Big Bang theory, space, time, and matter came into existence at that point.

so, yes - nothing.
>>
>>55570833
Idiot
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_theory
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.