[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your opinion on the death penalty? Pros >less people
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
What is your opinion on the death penalty?

Pros
>less people in prison
>less likely to kill again in prison

Cons
>it's still murder
>killing someone humanely is expensive
>a lot of people executed have been post exogerated

I have a good friend from HS facing the death penalty for killing his girlfriend. Not sure how I feel about it. Obviously I dont want to see him die but I also feel for her family
>>
>>55569096
degenerate

Lock them up for life, kill no one.
>>
>>55569187
Of course it's a fucking European poster saying this.
>>
Seems like a jewish trick to make money off of expensive and ineffective ways to kill people.

Really, why not just shoot them in the head and be done with it?
>>
>>55569096
I am against it because there have been too many mistakes. Someone can be let out of prison if it is figured out to be a wrong imprisonment. They cannot be brought back to life.
>>
Spending a life in prison is worse punishment than death, that's why I disagree with the death penalty.
>>
Needs to be more swift and more violent. No more twenty years on death row bullshit, and no more lethal injection. If someone does something awful enough to deserve death, their death should be violent and quick.
>>
>it's still murder

That's not how murder works.

Housing them for life is expensive, as well.

>a lot of people executed have been post exogerated

"a lot" is an exaggeration.
>>
>>55569096

no problem with death penalty. my only problem is with dumb, expensive methods.... bullets are cheap and highly effective
>>
>>55569096
Take a look at Germany and see what happens when you abolish the shooting squad for Vaterlandsverrat.
>>
>>55569096
The way the US does it is stupid. Really fucking stupid.
But at least you do it.
Don't put them in a cell for ages. Simply strap them to a bed and give them a overdose of morphine.
This is not more expense than sedating some violent person in a hospital, and it is humanely done.

>Mistakes happen
So fucking what? Mistakes always happen. This can't be an argument.
>>
>>55569096

The guillotine is expensive??
>>
>>55569096
Waste of money and human life.
If it was up to me, anyone in death row would be put up for human experimentation.
If you're going to kill them, might as well make their deaths useful.
>>
I actually think that there are crimes that are so terrible that one should be killed for commiting them.
But also i think that even one innocent killed by his own nation is one to manny, so im against it.
>>
I think that if someone is going to be executed there needs to be 100% proof, even a sliver, a chance's chance that they're innocent and it's a no go. I don't necessarily disagree with a death penalty, but i think the goal of jail should be rehabilitation and you can't rehabilitate a dead person.

I've always believed in a special arm of the justice system made to handle cases that are deemed worthy of a Death Penalty. Get several judges to oversee this court and rotate from the pool of judges whatever district / state already has. Make sure whoever is going to be executed is 100% guilty, with a 0% chance to be helped or rehabilitated and judge each of these on a case by case basis.

Johnny Psycopath caved in a babies skull, shows no remorse and has videotapes of him doing it, is mentally unstable and violent? Safe to execute.

Jimmie Homeless robbed a guy who had a heart attack and died, no proof it wasn't some other homeless guy, shows remorse and reacts well to psycotherapy, not likely to relapse into crime? Probably not worth executing.

Basically, if you're going to do it, have it judged on a Case by Case basis, and have a higher than normal standard of proof.
>>
It should only be given if the prisoner asks for it.
>>
>>55569368
I agree. Even splurge on a 3 dollar .50BMG round. Over in microseconds
>>
Because lifelong confinement, rotting away in a cell, is much better than the mercy of death.

(yes I'm aware of the shitness of our prison system)
>>
>>55569240
Because it would be traumatic for the shooter.

Blowing someone's brains out of the other side of their skull sounds like fun and I am sure you could find volunteers, but violence takes its toll on normal people, even when the target is a piece of shit.

A lot of people don't understand this. I got into a discussion about using shotguns for self defense, and I brought up how seeing a man get his face blown apart by 00 buckshot in Afghanistan fucked me up royally and I wouldn't use it personally, and then got called pussy and faggot by civilian autists on /k/.

Pulling the trigger isn't something a stable person enjoys.
>>
>>55569096
>death penalty is more expensive than life in prison
>some will even kill each other in prison for free
>innocent people have been given the death penalty, some would still have been alive today if they had been given life in prison
>>
>>55569619
Somebody has to be the executioner one way or the other. Might as well make it humane.

Or, as has been suggested above, just overdose with morphine. Or general anesthesia first, which is a routine and effective medical procedure, and then do whatever makes you feel better about ending a life. Even doctors fuck up and inadvertently end peoples lives sometimes.
>>
>>55569752
Execution is not an "effective medical procedure".
>>
>>55569096
If the criminal canĀ“t be integrated in the society (Rapists, Terrorists,Pedophiles , Muslims in general) because they are too dangerous to live in a society. Just get ridd off them. Send them to countrys where they will fit in or kill them.
>>
>>55569875
Neither is prison an "effective medical procedure." I'm just saying the going methods of executing a person are cruel and unusual.
>>
>>55569096
I think that whoever is put to death should have a couple of choices on how it is done.
I would prefer to be shot by a firing squad in the head or heart.
>>
either kill people or don't, either one is justifiable. Life sentences are functionally death sentences anyway, they just give you the chance to save a person who might be wrongfully convicted.

Just don't do what america does and half-ass it so it's applied at random.
>>
>>55569096
I'm more edgy than hitler himself, but am against the death penalty.

I believe the state should not have the power to kill citizens. At the same time I wouldn't be against public lynchings from time to time in cases like the channon Christian and chris Newsome case.
>>
Absolutely for it. There are people who commit heinous crimes and death is the only appropriate punishment.

On a related note, we need to end this ridiculous medicalization of executions. Lethal injection is an ineffective and inefficient method whose sole purpose to abstract the entire point of an execution - to kill another human being. We need to stop pussyfooting around and bring back the firing squad.
>>
>>55569096
It's not murder, though. That's not what murder means. And exogerated isn't a word.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.