[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Compulsory service in the army
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: pgT4rQu.jpg (190 KB, 1039x752) Image search: [Google]
pgT4rQu.jpg
190 KB, 1039x752
Alright /pol/ here's something I had on my mind for a long time: Compulsory service in the army
Here in Cyprus it's socially unacceptable to leave the army and it is impossible to leave it without saying that you are crazy which obviously has a negative affect on you because you can't drive, find a job etc
It is said that the army makes you more tolerant , it makes you a man , it increases our love towards our nation. But how is it really?
>Waste 2 years "serving" for our nation but really you are being paid a shit check of 157 euros
>Almost everyone in the army are degenerates, there is no millitary tradition only a bunch of faggots trying to eat one another
>It's almost like a prison
>No time to work out, to read or even sleep
>Mfw I realise the compulsory service exists because high positioned generals with relatives in power want money to keep flowing into their wallets
>Mfw serving the bourgeoisie rather than my country
>>
File: 1446054910923.jpg (616 KB, 1790x1559) Image search: [Google]
1446054910923.jpg
616 KB, 1790x1559
>>55563161
>Mfw no one gives a fuck
Bumping like a sadistic fuck waiting for answers
>>
>>55563161
Same here in the army of burgerland my friend, tis truly faggotry of the highest degree
>>
>tfw of thinking of joining the army

I-it's work right?
>>
>>55563161
Problems of corruption =/= Problems of compulsory service.

git gud
>>
>>55563634
Don't know much about the army of the US but it's interesting to hear that it's the same
I am considered a "war material" soldier. We have EOD's from the US sometimes and they teach us a bunch of crap
>>
>>55563161
I like your flag.

But anywho, I plan on joining my nations army. Why? It'll help me get ahead in life. Plus I love my country. The honestly don't give a shit what kind of faggotry might go on as long as it doesn't involve me.

Idk how it works in your country but here, veterans get special treatment. It's a sacrifice, but its worth it in the long run as long as you make it back in one piece.
>>
>>55563871
>no time to sleep or work out

Your army is shit

>>55563634
libtard

All of our services have mandatory PT and I enjoy what I do
>>
>>55563707
Don't know the situation in other countries. In mine the army is pretty degenerate , it's nothing of what I thought... It's not only boring because we don't do bat shit , it's also pretty painful because you are being shouted like a dog instead of being inspired as a soldier to have your moral increased. Also being in the same room of a bunch of degenerate faggots isn't my thing.
>>
I wrote my undergraduate thesis about this, and got raked over the coals for it.

My thesis was that the peacetime draft was ended in America under pressure from the Left for one reason: it made revolutionary politics MORE difficult.

By that I mean that, when the draft was in place, poor, middle class and rich people could be mixed by "force" in military service. The assertion that rich people got out of the draft regularly is a myth/trope that liberals used in arguments against it. The most frequent deferment was for college students, followed by married/hardship deferments, but, even during the Viet Nam war, over 70% of those drafted into service served. During the Viet Nam war, also, 82% of those serving were white, which directly counters the "rich White boys stayed home" bullshit the liberals spew.

When all these poor, rich, black, white, etc. guys got drafted and mixed up, it made the strawman arguments that the political ideologues of ever stripe use ( "White guys are all racists!" "Niggers are all lazy idiots!") more difficult to push. Because, military service made it easy for people to say "But MY experience wasn't like that." And that is always a problem when pushing an untrue political narrative.
>>
>>55563973
>Your army is shit
Whoa no shit, for 9 hours every day we are standing in the same fucking place just to notice any "dangerous activity that poses threat to the base" It's really a bunch of bullcrap and in the morning we become cleaning ladies. How should I put it? IT'S USELESS
>>
>>55564099
Well truth to be told it's almost the same here in Cyprus. I'm not a liberal but It's well known that people with relatives in power(rich or whatever) ARE serving the army HOWEVER they are in bases which there is much less work and they are allowed to leave 4 or even 5 days the WEEK and generally the conditions in the base in which they are are pretty much better than any other(internet,hot water,food). Here where I am I am free for 1-2 days (if I am not refused to leave because I "didn't clean well enough the toilets")
>>
I think military service should be mandatory for certain job fields that someone wants to go in to. For instance, politicians should have to serve within enlisted military ranks before they can enter the system.
>>
when we had it, it was a similar clusterfuck. I think it should be turned into some obligatory civil service in most countries, it would be more productive and would make more sense.
>>
>>55564696
that's fucking retarded because shit like asthma and having flat feet can bar you from the military.
>>
>>55565320
Not in Israel, bro. In Israel, you can be in a WHEELCHAIR and still get an office job and a uniform. It's about national identity and pride, as it should be.
>>
>>55565320
>wanting untermensch ruling your nation

baka desu senpai
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.