[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come wages aren't raising if the productivity is?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: fig2_prodhhincome.jpg (304 KB, 2192x1444) Image search: [Google]
fig2_prodhhincome.jpg
304 KB, 2192x1444
How come wages aren't raising if the productivity is?
>>
because taxes
>>
>>55562392
Because they want more profit. And they can get away with it.
>>
>>55562955
no, because the raise in productivity correlates perfectly with the raise in the top 1%'s earnings
>>
>>55562392
Probably Jews

>>55562955
Top kek

>Some people actually believe this

It's not the gold standard either, before anyone posts that it is, because that would presume that real wages haven't grown anywhere, since no country has a gold standard anymore.
>>
>>55562392
Do you not wonder how it is that stores throw away food, when people are starving, or the huge amounts of electronics that are never sold and eventually thrown away when it is too outdated, or (in Norway as an example) construction workers lack jobs and at the same time we need to build more houses to stop the extreme prices for housing?
>>
The fed's inflationary policies and doubling workforce because of "feminism"
>>
>>55562392
>How come wages aren't raising if the productivity is?
They are. But "real wages" aren't, because of inflation. Real wages never really go up over time. But because productivity goes up, people can buy more stuff for the same "real wages" they earn. That's how economies work.
>>
>>55562392
because the competition's productivity also increased
>>
>>55563344
>But because productivity goes up, people can buy more stuff for the same "real wages" they earn.
>Thinking higher productivity means prices get lowered
>>
>>55563719
Yes, that's exactly what I mean. Adjusted for inflation, the price of a given good generally goes down over time as they can be produced for efficiently. People will use the extra money they have to either buy more of those goods, or buy better more expensive goods.
>>
File: 1447357954837.jpg (2 MB, 1834x1915) Image search: [Google]
1447357954837.jpg
2 MB, 1834x1915
>>55562392
>not taking into account huge population increases
>>
>>55562392
Most productivity increases can be attributed to machines doing jobs people once did.
>>
>>55563182
B-but free market... invisible hand...
>>
Because the stupid fucks of /pol/ vote right wing parties because of trivial shit like "muh guns", "muh gays" and "muh sjw".
>>
More people working for less money (immigrants)
>>
Because we have open borders that allow in tens of millions of immigrants which drive down wages. The USA has added 100 million people since the 70s, that's a 50% growth and unmatched in the first world.

Also, I'm pretty sure productivity is just GDP divided by workers in which case it doesn't mean much because of the over financialization of our economy causing a lot of GDP growth to result from over speculation not real value.
>>
minimum wage

And because anybody can consume.

What you need to have rising wages is productivity job like in factories. You need to make stuff people want.
>>
>>55562392
If said productivity was raised by heavy investments into new technology, it's possible wages are low to offset the cost.

Also, this would increase productivity because the job has become increasingly automated, and therefore easier than ever. Why pay more for easier work?
>>
>>55562392
I don't know that computers and machines now allow people to get far more done with was less actual work. A high paying skilled job can now be done by a tard pressing a button.
>>
File: Jew.png (17 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
Jew.png
17 KB, 501x585
>>55562392
>>
>>55564842
It's not just that. Importing slave labor alone isn't a big deal. Sending jobs overseas by itself isn't a big deal. High taxes alone isn't a big deal. Trade imbalances alone aren't a big deal. Debt alone means little. Trade imbalance by itself isn't a big deal. Deficits aren't that concerning.

All of that shit together....
>>
>>55564977

The thing is that technology is created in America, made in Asia and then exported back through debt.

There is no reason for wages to rise.
>>
>>55562392

Because it's rising due to technology which has its own costs.

If I'm a business owner and I spend money on a work computer which allows my employee to work more efficiently I'm supposed to pay them more too?
>>
>>55562392
not everybody is equally productive.
>>
>>55564208
So many replies and this was the first correct one.

/pol/ really is blue pilled on some topics.
>>
>>55565334
That doesn't mean that wages shouldn't rise. Machines increasing productivity doesn't equal that all the profit of higher productivity should go the owners, it's a political decision.
>>
>>55565413
Partly yes, but partly also because machines have been taking jobs. People are competing with machinery and thats why in part the wages are also lower. Not only machinery of course, also foreign labor, illegal immigrants. But those things are becoming a thing of the past too since machines are even becoming cheaper than a sweatshop in china.
>>
>>55565413
wages do rise. "real wages" don't, and in the long run generally never do.
>>
>>55562392
Greed
/thread
>>
>>55562392

I wonder who entered the workplace right around the time productivity and wages diverged?

It's the women. You double the supply of labor, you push wages down.
>>
>>55562392
Wages may be the same, but the quality of life is better.
>>
>>55562392
Because the press has created a narrative of private and public hardship with wage freezes and austerity being a necessary part of life.
You are encouraged to not only accept this but to take on fixing it as a personal and civic responsibility.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.