[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are conservatives so anti-science?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 6
File: 1444114659780.jpg (73 KB, 530x413) Image search: [Google]
1444114659780.jpg
73 KB, 530x413
Why are conservatives so anti-science?
>>
>>55561386
Define anti-science
>>
Climate change is a meme issue I could care less about
With other country's like China pumping out massive amounts of pollution. What does it matter? We are hurting ourselves economically following a science we don't fully understand.
>>
File: race is real.jpg (38 KB, 274x320) Image search: [Google]
race is real.jpg
38 KB, 274x320
>>55561386
Libtards don't believe in evolution. They are race-creationists.
>>
>>55561386
yesterday i met a lawyer who lost his insurance because of obamacare. premiums are through the roof. obama is a failure at foreign policy. he's a race baiter. he never held a job. completely inexperienced. muslim dad who came to america on a taxpayer's time to fuck white girls. wants to destroy second amendment. adores muslims and blacks, but not americans. never deserved his nobel prize.
>>
>>55561386

I'm not anti science, and I'm not even all of that conservative. More of a moderate. But...I don't have any faith in studies. They're unreliable garbage. Which in turn means I don't trust most science. The cut and dry stuff that has no political implications(or none of the public is aware of) is usually more solid. Anything relating to social science or some kind of behavioral science is worthless. Most scientific studies done 20 years ago are completely obsolete and useless and it's findings ridiculous. Why you would think that current scientific data is any better is beyond me. It might be a little refined but it's still going to be obsolete bullshit in 20 years.

So essentially, living your life by what "studies find" seems insane to me, because they're so frequently wrong or of little value. Scientists are not impartial. That's not to say that all findings are useless, but I take them more as overall "suggestions" than truths.
>>
>>55561386
They're not.

The vast majority of scientific advancements made in human history were done by conservatives or nationalists
>>
>>55561386
Yeah and liberals are totally pro-science, except for genetically modifying food and vaccination.
>>
File: image.jpg (23 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23 KB, 300x300
>>55561466
>evolution doesn't exist
>it's only a theory which must mean it's a guess
>evolution was never observed
>the earth is only 6,000 years old
>man walked with dinosaurs
>if we evolved from monkeys, why are there still monkeys?

Science is all about making observations and creating a hypothesis based in said observations. Creationism is the hypothesis and they try to find observations to support them. They are a literal reversal of the scientific method.
>>
>>55561961
GMOs are just a meme for leftists.

They don't mind aborting retards and sex-changing operation, they are the one keep telling you can't stop progress, it makes zero sense to be against GMOs for them.
>>
>>55561980

Not all conservatives are creationists you fucking idiot.
>>
Ya'll niggers are posting in a Kebab thread.
>>
>>55561518
You best be a troll. Gay out of 10 if troll.
>>
>>55562072
Not all blackys are criminals, but there's a high enough chunk of their population for me to feel safe about assuming they all are.
>>
>>55562072
It's like with racism. Not all republicans are racists. But if you're a racist, you're probably a republican.
>>
I haven't saved but just image a chart where conservatives have the lowest IQ and liberals the highest. It pretty much sums stuff up. Ps. liberterian here.
>>
>>55561980
>>it's only a theory which must mean it's a guess
Nostalgia'd hard about "only a theory (a geuss)"
>>
>>55561386
because not being so means putting faith in scientists.

skepticism is the only real response to politicized science.
>>
>>55562056
GMOs are dangerous not because "muh change is bad" idiocy as it is with conservatards, but on the level of facts and objectivity. Food suppliers that use GMOs spray the fuck out of them with pesticides that you, dear GMO propagator, then eat and unlike the GMO, aren't immune to.
>>
>>55561980
>>55561980
>>55561980
Conservative =/= Creationism

Also reverse scientific method is also used by liberals, in fact it's a common thing among political people. Science and politics should be separated, just like religion and politics.
>>
Why are liberals so Anti-History
>Communism works, I promise
>Egyptians were black
>mass immigration is ultimately good for a country
>All nazis were baby shooting, kitten murderers
>We all come from Africa
>>
>>55562121

>Not all blackys are criminals, but there's a high enough chunk of their population for me to feel safe about assuming they all are.

So you, in turn, are a fucking anti-science moron. Science doesn't "assume" things about entire groups. Way to shoot yourself in the foot.

If your argument was against creationists, you should have said "why are creationists so anti-science?", not conservatives.
>>
Because reality has a liberal bias :^)
>>
>>55562181
I wasn't judging GMOs and you shouldn't mock "muh change is bad", hubris is the white man's sin and should not go unchecked.

My point is, leftists are progressive on social topics and conservative on ecology which is not coherent.If you consider progress as a good thing per se, then every kind of progress is good. Which is obviously not what I believe.
>>
Why is Turkey supporting ISIS?
>>
>>55561386

Liberals deny biological differences between the races and sexes, brah. Egalitarianism is the epitome of anti-science.
>>
>>55562230
this 7bh f4m
>>
>>55562121
Muritard being a Muritard. You do realize that creationism is an American thing while OTOH there are conservatives out of your nation?
>>
>>55562368
because they have control over the Mediterranean access to the black sea
>>
>>55561386

This: >>55562468
>>
>>55562352
I just told you why your examples of GMOs are dead wrong. If you want to claim that liberals are conservative on ecological issues, find a better example.
>>
>>55561386
The vast majority of us aren't fuckwad, that's just what your media wants you to believe.
>>
>>55561980
That's all you got? I believe that what I was taught in biology was correct.
>>
File: 1446367754751.jpg (81 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
1446367754751.jpg
81 KB, 720x540
Most aren't. We just have to put up with the religious nutjobs. Fuck, I hate them so much.
>>
>>55561980
To be honest. None of those are important to modern scientific advancements
>>
science is new and changes things>>55561386
>>
>>55562686
>I give you arguments
>therefore I'm not conservative

I could give you arguments as to why marriage between homosexuals is bad. That doesn't mean I'm not a conservative.
>>
>>55562725
>literally 70% of republitards are creationists
You're in a party of morons
>>
>>55561386
Well, in the US, conservatives generally side Republican, and Republicans have historically voted for more spending in technological pursuits. Democrats have historically cut spending for science.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7Q8UvJ1wvk
>>
>>55562468
Most libs will look at a group of people and say science says they're equal!!!1!, when we can clearly see their outsides aren't.
I'm mystified when we all know that different breeds of dogs are smarter or dumber than others, but we don't apply that same rationale to people.
Dogs breeds = human races.
>>
>>55562829
The thread is about "conservatism being anti science", not outlining examples of conservatism and calling it a day. But nice job on your reading comprehension.
>>
>>55562799
>Most aren't.
Most conservatives are religious nutjobs, though.
In fact most americans (not just conservatives) are religious nutjobs.
>>
>>55561386
>Why are conservatives so anti-science?

Why are Turks so anti-freedom?
>>
>>55562842
>Look at the flag
>Implying conservative==Murican republican
>>
>>55562899
Because religion.
Religion is mental slavery and so inherently anti-freedom.
>>
>>55562885
*tips fedora*
>>
>>55561518

>I believe we are hurting ourselves economically following a science I personally don't understand at all

fixed that for you
>>
Ugh I know, conservatvies are the worst.

Sorry I can't contribute more to the conversation, I have to go to a yoga session to realign my chackras before picking up a homeopathic medicine for my non-vaccinated child.
>>
>>55561961

GMOs are a valid point.

vaccination is not. kill yourself you fucking moron.
>>
>>55563017
>non-vaccinated
So you're conservative then
>>
>>55561386
>Implying libtards aren't anti-science
Both sides just pick the science that fits their needs..
>>
>>55563076
The anti-vaccination movement in the US is comprised entirely of "progressive" idiots.
>>
>>55563103

antivaxxers are just idiots in general and come from both extremes of the spectrum ("hurr durr bad unnatural chemics" / "hurr durr government stay out of my body's business except gay marriage and abortion because those hurt my feelings")

climate change denialism however is purely a conservative movement because it is a direct product of corporate shilling.
>>
>>55561386
>why do liberals only argue in ad hom?
I know why
>>
>>55563103
>Alex Jones is "progressive" in any sense of the word
>>
>>55563170
>implying climate change isn't corporate shilling
>>
>>55563294

massive scientific consensus vs think tank funded shilling aside, please explain to me how there is more money at stake with climate change vs. big oil denying it.
>>
File: 1436634223125.jpg (129 KB, 698x960) Image search: [Google]
1436634223125.jpg
129 KB, 698x960
Is there anything better than liberal butthurt?

https://youtu.be/x7Q8UvJ1wvk

>the liberal's own science black man btfo of them
>>
Just here to remind you that Hillary used to speak with dead people :p
>>
Leftists want to push more money towards social programs, while right-wingers want to push more money towards scientific research and space exploration.
If anything, leftists are more anti-science than conservatives.
>>
>>55563349
>massive scientific consensus

literally worthless

stopped reading there
>>
>>55561386
Because they don't need to know science. They can just pay the taxes for it and call it a day. But of course liberals would use those taxes for shit like food stamps.
>>
Obamacare is pretty shit I don't know why that makes me a redneck.

>Hey your insurance is shit so were charging you $100 more for your same shitty insurance its all better now!
>>
>>55555555
>>
>>55561386
Do yall remember when liberals used to atleast be funny or make witty observations? The comics they make and their stabs at political comedy in general died with colbert.
Now if you oppose leftist views their is a formulaic caricature to represent you and the joke rarely evolves from it. Republicans are a gun toting, fat, red faced (either frothing at the mouth angry, or retarded cross eyed expression) bully with a swastika or confederate battle flag near by. This is literally the only joke I have seen leftists present in the past several years. Why can't liberals into comedy anymore?
>>
>>55561386
Same reason liberals are anti-science.
>race isn't real, guize
>it's global warming, guize
>oh shit, it's global cooling, guize
>it's climate change, guize
>>
>>55563569

holy shit kill yourself

https://scholar.google.com/scholar?q=climate+change+evidence&hl=en&as_sdt=0&as_vis=1&oi=scholart&sa=X&ved=0CDIQgQMwAGoVChMIl-K6_9WNyQIVyjY-Ch35oAXu
>>
>>55561386
>Why are conservatives so anti-science?
Do you actually know any scientists?
I live in a town that has one of the highest concentrations of PhD scientists in the world.
The town is also overwhelmingly conservative Republican.
>>
>>55564392
What kills me the most.. I am an Atheist and Federal employee.. Seems like anytime someone in my family is sick or hurt and a Christian say's "I'll pray for you" I am supposed to be offended and have that person fired or something along those lines.. Just getting really sick of the left's "tolerance intolerance"
>>
>>55564325

This. It's all just politics. Both parties are anti-science, the Democrats just do a better job making Republicans look backwards about it.

I work for an Aerospace institution and trust me these people aren't liberals. Even the environmental guys are maybe climate change people but they are without a doubt a group of conservative guys.

Only in shit hollywood movies like The Martian are the scientists disheveled hipster progressives.
>>
>>55564325
>implying they didn't just have to change the name because people are stupid.
>>
>>55561386
At least in the US, the conservative parties are usually made up of a large percentage of extremely religious people and since science often conflicts with their world view, the conservative parties are anti-science.

Not all Republicans are like this, and the party is currently in turmoil since there's a conflict between moderates which are pragmatic and are usually pro-science and extremists, which are made up of the religious far right.
>>
>>55561386
Because they are a bunch of stupid delusionals
>>
>>55561386
why are liberals so anti-conservative? you don't really see comics like this attacking the liberal man on the street, nor calling entire voting blocs that are left of center crazy, stupid, dangerous, etc like you see from the left attacking the right.
>>
>>55561518
China is installing more renewable energy than any other country and is building their so-called "Green Wall" to offset carbon emissions and prevent desertification. They still listen to the science, and considering how many people they have moving into the middle class they aren't doing a horrible job, although their sheer numbers are problematic
>>
>>55562799
This desu, conservatives don't realize that their pitch would be appealing to a lot more people if it weren't so focused on praising Jeebus,
>>
>>55561386
Why are leftists so anti-mathematics?
>>
>>55563017
Nice strawman faggot, you're implying I don't hate the new-age medicine folks the same
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.