[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, is /pol/ pro or anti Capitol Punishment?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5
File: king stab.jpg (32 KB, 604x604) Image search: [Google]
king stab.jpg
32 KB, 604x604
So, is /pol/ pro or anti Capitol Punishment?
>>
Pro, for me. Drug smugglers should be executed here like they are in Indonesia.
>>
>>55553668
>Capitol Punishment
pro
>>
>>55553876

D U D E
U
D
E
>>
>>55553668
no.

murder is bad

ban murder
ban guns

#blacklivesmatter
>>
>>55553907
I guess you would know about Indonesia's policies on smuggling, wouldn't you?
>>
Yes for
>Murderers
>Traitors
>Repeat Criminals
only then can we see true change
>>
Yeah faggots should be thrown off cliffs like what ISIS does because its hilarious
>>
>>55553668
Pro. There are people that simply can´t be helped. But nothing will change in europe in the near future. Unleast, the new Caliphate is finally instaured.
>>
>>55553967
*unless
>>
Anti, because our court system has proved it is flawed. But I'd advocate that prisoners have a right to choose. Life, with a chance for appeal, or death, and you select your means. Firing squad and hanging is far more honorable than lethal injection. Keep the chair open for the freaks.
>>
Yes, some people simply deserve to die but I wouldn't want to implement it because it would take a week for our court system to execute someone innocent
>>
File: 1445306630616.gif (2 MB, 383x204) Image search: [Google]
1445306630616.gif
2 MB, 383x204
>>55553668
>deterrence
>not scaring the shit out of dindus
>>
>>55553967
whether Islam conquers Europe or native Euros stand up for themselves, Capitol punishment will surely return there.
>>
>>55553668
Pro.
There needs to be a final sentence in the Justice system for it to work.
>>
No I'm against it.

Firstly: it's government sanctioned murder. I don't believe in a system where the government gets to choose who lives or dies.

Secondly, capital punishment can't be undone or compensated in the event of a false conviction. The simple fact that the possibility for someone to be executed for a crime they didn't commit exists is enough for me to oppose it. I will always stand that I would rather see a criminal get away with it than see an innocent be punished.

That said, if someone is on the loose and a clear danger to the lives of others I'm on if they get gunned down by the police if they dont surrender.
>>
>>55554061
How is government sanctioned isolation for life better or different from government sanctioned murder? Government already does whatever the hell it wants, including deciding whether you want to be a tolerant muslim-infested shithole or not.

Second one is a good point, though.
>>
>>55554061
It´s not the Governmeent who determines the punishments.

And no action can be undone (wether is a crime or a punishment). The fear of doing something wrong shouldn´t stop us from doing what is fair.
>>
>>55554126
>How is government sanctioned isolation for life better or different from government sanctioned murder?
This. Plus any cases involving execution today would use DNA evidence to make sure there is no doubt in question.
>>
>>55554126
Was surprised to read that Putin is against the death penalty. Considering how many political opponents he has murdered its a bit hypocritical.
>>
>>55554143
>The fear of doing something wrong shouldn´t stop us from doing what is fair.

Why?
>>
>>55554126

>How is government sanctioned isolation for life better or different from government sanctioned murder?

Because if a mistake is made somehow it can at least be undone and compensated to the individual. Death can't be undone
>>
>>55554338
Youre kind of missing the point here. I say in some cases of serial killers, terrorists or other kinds of murderers should be sentenced to death. Where as you think nobody should be executed for any reason at all, even if they confess their crime.
>>
>>55554264
Because in order to succeed, you will sometimes fail
>>
I oppose it, but only because I think death is the way out. Problem is, prison isn't that bad anymore. Inmates get free food, healthcare, tv's, etc.
Like >>55554055 said,
>There needs to be a final sentence in the Justice system for it to work.

Perhaps the final sentence becomes solitary confinement for the rest of one's life, rather than death. Takes away the "fun" pf prison while psychologically torturing one for life.
>>
>>55554517
If someone is so horrible that they must be confined by themselves for the remainder of their lives, theres no reason to keep them alive. Spending decades in solitary is far more "cruel and unusual" then getting executed.
>>
For.

100% of people executed do not reoffend.

# alllivesmatter
>>
>>55554753
Don't you think death is an easy way out?
>>
File: 1414898619032.jpg (85 KB, 601x608) Image search: [Google]
1414898619032.jpg
85 KB, 601x608
>>55553668
pro, I am also pro torture.

Revelation 21:8
>But the cowardly, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and sulfur: which is the second death.
>>
>>55553668
>Capitol

Capital.

English motherfucker, do you speak it?
>>
EUROPE WILL SURVIVE. MANY MUSLIMS WILL DIE..
>>
File: uscapitol-washingtondc-picture1.jpg (183 KB, 709x600) Image search: [Google]
uscapitol-washingtondc-picture1.jpg
183 KB, 709x600
>is /pol/ pro or anti Capitol Punishment?
Hell yeah i am all for it, this building needs to pay !
>>
>>55555555
>>
>>55555626
jej
>>
Yes. Someone that goes on a killing rampage deserves to be put down like the wild animal that they are.
>>
I think that 100% proven molesters should get the axe. If no strong evidence then life.
>>
>>55553977
all of this
>>
>>55555832

Wtf
>>
>>55553668
i'm pro
>>
>>55555306
An expedited execution is cheaper than housing a man for 50+ years. Also there's the chance that the madman could escape his confinement.
>>
>>55553668

Why old paintings are so fucking retarded? Couldn't the idiots paint emotions even one bit?
>>
File: 1306079484483.jpg (85 KB, 490x386) Image search: [Google]
1306079484483.jpg
85 KB, 490x386
I want to support capital punishment, but the obvious problem is wrongful convictions, which are not uncommon.

Some people are in the wrong place at the wrong time, others are framed for a crime they did not commit.

Gladiatorial battles to determine guilt or innocence based on combat prowess would be a fine alternative to capital punishment.
>>
>>55556177
I already said this earlier in the thread, but DNA evidence in murder trials makes wrongful death penalty convictions almost impossible at this point.
>>
Pro. If you steal, murder, or rape you're not fit for civilization and should be culled. Case closed.
>>
>>55555555
>>
>>55556265
Slow down there buddy. If you steal something or rape someone thats not enough to deserve death. The modern definition of rape is so broad that you cant possibly lump it in with murder.
>>
>>55556246
That is a good point but still not conclusive.

First, only the dumbest criminals leave their DNA at a crime scene.

Second, you would be surprised by how easy it is to plant DNA to frame someone. You ever donated blood? Ever accidentally scratched yourself against a public surface? I still say let the gladiator battles decide.
>>
>>55556342
>If you steal something or rape someone thats not enough to deserve death.

It depends on how many victims there are. Some people run huge ponzi schemes and steal millions. Others rape tons of women.
>>
>>55556246
Too many crime shows sonny. There are plenty of wrongful convictions for a whole number of reasons. People are dumb and the state should not be trusted to murder.
>>
>>55553668
after witnessing the deliberate dismantling of my nation I do promote it, would be heaven to watch my corrupted "leaders" decorating the trees in my home town.
>>
>>55553668
I don't think it's the governments place to execute capitol punishment because the government is corrupt. Once someone gets stuck in the justice system they are entitled to fair and comfortable treatment because the justice system is faulty and innocent citizens are abducted into it probably daily. If a criminal takes crime far enough to warrant the death penalty they should have been assassinated or executed before being arrested, keep it classified, label them as "missing persons". This is how the real world works, governments should be practical not idealistic.
>>
>>55553668
Only for repeat serious crime offenders who have repeatedly resisted rehabilitation.
>>
>>55553958
yea this i want the west to start being cool again bring back ancap with presidents and parishes.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.