[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there actually an establishment GOP candidate to stop Trump?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Guys I love Donald Trump, but it seems I've always been let down in politics and I'm scared I'm going to be let down again. Trump's campaign seems like Pat Buchanan's in 1996, a real populist got the establishment scared and the working-class people excited, but the establishment GOP shut them down in the end by rallying around Bob Dole.

But this time there's no good candidate for the GOP to rally around. Rubio is too young and has dirty laundry and Bush is a kek that nobody likes.

I really think this is Trump's year, there's nobody else to stop him in the GOP.
>>
The establishment field is basically dead, unless they force Romney in, and he won't beat Trump, he'll just split Rubio and Yeb even further.
>>
>>55549348
Trump is not quite Buchanan level though. I guess that's why he could actually win. If his goal really is to secure the border than shilling for Israel is a smart move in this instance.
>>
trump has the funding. he could actually pull it off.

btw i thought pat lost to bush sr?
>>
In the USA, is it enough to win the popular vote in the primaries to get nominated or do most states disregard the vote and choose based on "delegate" endorsements or something?
>>
>>55549652
generally speaking the parties pick the candidates polling west in the initial caucus states (NH, not Iowa cuz they're backwoods fundies). However, there is a superdelegate system in place, although I'm not too familiar with the details senpai
>>
Keep in mind he said he's keeping the option to run as independent if he doesn't get the nomination, effectively holding a gun to the Republican Party.
>>
>>55549652
The media ultimately decides who doesn't get elected. They don't have the power to definitively pick a single candidate but they can chose who they won't allow to be elected. The wouldn't allow buchanan and they wouldn't allow ron paul.

The media wanted Jeb Bush but even they can't guarantee him so they might settle for Rubio.
>>
>>55549776
Meant to say "to the head of" but you get the point
>>
>>55549616
Yeah he did too and he gave a historic speech at the convention, but I think he came closer in 96 because he won New Hampshire.
>>
>>55549902
such a shame. can you imagine if pat had been elected back then. so many problems would have been halted before they became as bad as they are now.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.