[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats the best packpack to get for the happening?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: 1440173647643.jpg (475 KB, 1230x680) Image search: [Google]
1440173647643.jpg
475 KB, 1230x680
Whats the best packpack to get for the happening?
>>
File: 1443845711166.gif (1 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1443845711166.gif
1 MB, 400x225
>>55547782
This is a good question
Maybe /k/ would know
>>
>>55547782
>packpack
Regardless, get a canvas bag. They're durable and hold a lot of shit.
>>
>>55547782
I use a war tortoise because I don't have high enough summoning for a yak pack
>>
>>55547782
A standard backpacking bag should do just fine. Space is the #1 factor because you're going to need it. It should have straps to attach sleeping bag, tent, and other random things to the exterior.

I keep my hatchet strung to my bag, with my sleeping pad strapped to the back, and my tent rolled up on top. I can hike for miles with 40lb of crap thrown in it, though it does suck.

In a habbening, I'd probably have 60+ lbs stuffed into that thing.
>>
>>55547782

Kifaru makes good shit.
>>
Glad I could help OP

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004V2IJ7E/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?qid=1447395289&sr=8-3&pi=SY200_QL40&keywords=maxpedition+backpack&dpPl=1&dpID=5182UULfwAL&ref=plSrch
>>
>>55548048
this
>>
>>55548072
I know that cubes are the worst kind of geometrical form to fit a lot of stuff in but fuck man. That fucking thing looks so good.
>>
>>55547845
... dont get a canvas bag. as somebody who backpacks I can tell you there is a reason people who go out in the woods for a week or so dont bring canvas anything. nick a branch and your whole bag is ripped. new outdoors backpacks are rip and tear resistant and super light.
>>
>>55548048
Wow, that shit is crazy expensive. If I was making a bugout bag, I'd blow my whole budget on just the bag.

I don't doubt that they're nice, but holy fuck.
>>
>>55547782
A backpack nuke.

Unless you're satisfied with just living through the happening instead of creating it.
>>
>>55548345

I learned a long time ago to buy good quality gear once instead of cheap shit 10 times.

It's actually cheaper in the long run, and crap gear always fucks up at the worst possible time.
>>
>>55547782
I'd say Ortlieb because their panniers are waterproof and durable as fuck, don't know how good their backpacks are tho.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.